REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 05-30-2002, 12:07 PM   #376
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

no i not going to start one ether i herd of peopl blots on it and all that cazy stuff and never haven probs but some do

i shimed mine 3 washer and that is it ooo can't weight goign to race my supra today ehhehehe

any way when did you crawl from under rock have nto sean you in this thread for bit now

i herd fomr mike you have prob whiht you car again is this ture what did you do to it

come on poepl duncan 6pm wallmart parking lot

all be there
Advertisement

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)
89 exo cage Toyota truck (so many gears to choose from)

I own nothing that is practical hahahaha

Last edited by NashMan; 05-30-2002 at 12:08 PM.
NashMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 12:09 PM   #377
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

the only problem is i have to run a minimum of 92 octane and have to get a walbro fuel pump thats all

According to einstien the faster you go the longer you live!

Will race for food

my toyota has a first name its:
S-U-P-R-A
deathangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 01:45 PM   #378
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

what do you guys think is a better idea: replace the headgasket (new stock HG with ARP) OR buy a used shortblock, rebuild it, maybe upgrade it a bit (stress releived rods, stock piston coated OR ross forged pistons, balanced, MHG w/ARP), then swap it in if/when the current HG blows? building a block will take longer, might cost more (depending on what is used in the buildup)...

im thinkin about doing the HG in july, i might be able to get a really good deal, but the engien has 155,000+ km, so im thinkin start fresh and i wont have to worry about it for a LONG time. with my old beretta, i was out a car for 2 months while the work was being done, and it cost me $2300. i dont want to be in the same situation again, so id rather fix it before it breaks. opinions?
Enraged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 02:19 PM   #379

well whiht any thing to do whiht that it will still take the same tiem doing head gasket it cheaper and goign whiht stock head gasket is fine whiht arp

caues that leavs you room when you whant to rebuilt you car caues you will nto ahve to mill and shit as of going coated piston naa don't bother caues it kinda waste of money if you really think of it

so it a big money thing rebuild will cost about like 2000 whiht just milling and gasket set blaa blaa blaa but if you make it stroung as you say building hole egin will cost more in the long run kinda do what o did and replace the head gasket if it is leaking if not don't bother caes it will leak befor she blows

in less you are pushing mega psi so it kinda up tot u if i was uncle money bags i whould just got toyota botttom end don't really need arp and stuff as for piston i whould go je but still that can caues piston slap over tiem and will stroed the piston life ect caues there is less srit to play whiht but will be lighter and rev higher as for cams i whould pop in na 's if you have em they change the power a bit as in power band but not incress power well far as i know of and shit

any way i am off ot the races so think hard befor you spend money that i all i say

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)

Old 05-30-2002, 04:35 PM   #380

or third option buy a short block from toyota for $3000 put your head on it (with some work and an MHG)

the block and internals are good up to 600HP

Will race for food

S-U-P-R-A
Old 05-30-2002, 07:58 PM   #381
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by deathangel
or third option buy a short block from toyota for $3000 put your head on it (with some work and an MHG)

the block and internals are good up to 600HP

would that be a JDM engine or brand new or what?
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 12:27 PM   #382

brand new racing short block from toyota

Will race for food

S-U-P-R-A
Old 05-31-2002, 04:08 PM   #383

i called abotu pricing for the shortblock, their goin to phoen me on monday with a price. it would probably be cheaper to just buy an engien with BHG for cheap, then rebuild the shortblock, and sell the head, etc to offset the cost.
Old 05-31-2002, 04:44 PM   #384

i just don't get it why 600 hp that whould be crazy try raceing whiht 600 whould be allright crappy just think of it but eh what ever what ever

whent to auto x and they whould not let me race caue i was perging my system befor i ran caue si want good cooling and stuff

so i whent up down the parking lot in frist gear give it some gas they said i was being reck less that was not i find that so god dame gay i find but o well

my dream 300 or so hp so i can race still draging is for v8's and stuff not my car it racer and driffter if i choose to wear my tires

so any info on the down pipe yet i really want that thing i don't like that lag i got caues it not working great whiht my trans setup that i put alot of thinking into

ps new mod i might be getting soo tire psi and temp sencer so i can not eh psi in any tier from cock pit that i whould come in hanndy when warming up your tire ect when raceing down the road and tire heat alarm's and psi alram for whe it is low ect

any ways you guys should have coem tot he auto x it was kinda fun to watch

Old 05-31-2002, 08:52 PM   #385
HELP ME PLS!!!

ripped out my back seats today, along with my 10" Pioneer sub + box. then i put a old box with two 10" in ported box back into the car, as for weight loss, whatever i lost taking out the backseats i made back up with the two 10" box. hehe. anyhow, it looks like garbage, im gonna have to figure some way to custom fit the box into the back seats

i also gotta get my amp off a bridged connection so i can run both 10"s. running just the single in that box is louder than the Pioneer sub, just not as clean sounding.

i havent messed with stereo's since highschool really, i was all into bass and neons back then, maybe i'll give it another shot (minus the neons)

ohh.. and that shortblock is a direct replacement 7MGTE? minus the head? or what? id like to hear more about this incase i ever end up having major engine probs...
Old 05-31-2002, 09:19 PM   #386

haha she called me back after i posted that, $3600 and change..... no thanks, looks like if i do it, ill buy a JDM or engien with a BHG....

as for stereo, if you want, let me know, i know quite a bit about it, installed a few systems in my old beretta... never finished them though, i couldnt stand the trunk install.... hatch install however will be very fun just have to work out the movign amp rack... maybe.... hehe

The Sum of All Fears = GOOD!!! (although, i am a HUGE Tom Clancy fan, so i might be biased a bit.)
Old 05-31-2002, 09:47 PM   #387
HELP ME PLS!!!

well, maybe i'll take some pix of the stereo setup tommorow, but i really have no idea what to do to make it sit right, cept maybe slap a plank of plywood over the middle, get some carpet, cover it all. etc.

who knows. ive got a pretty decent amp, nothing super powerful but its as loud as id want. its a JBL P 180.2, be nice to have it set inbetween the subs or something.

the last thing i want to do is take it to a stereo shop and have it 'custom done' id rather figure this one out myself.
not to mention when i had my stereo installed at island audio they busted up a bunch of little stuff by laying in screws too hard and pulling the lil screw things out of my backseat. gah. for the money it costs to get work done there, id expect perfection.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:24 PM   #388

do you want your spare tire? if not, you could always use that as an enclosure by using some fiberglass. also, pointing the subs up at the hatch will increase the output a bit. ive got so many ideas for my stereo, im still not sure which one im going to do....
Old 05-31-2002, 11:53 PM   #389
HELP ME PLS!!!

my spares been out for a year+ dude
Old 06-01-2002, 06:23 AM   #390

well i find whiht ported box the way you want you sub to run is 3 ways

one way is aim the port about 5 incs or so way from the back of the car and run the subs aiming to the glas not box but more liek this

__
[ \
[ \
[ \
[ \
--------

the naroow part is wher rthe sub goes
and the slanted part is where the sub faceiung the glass

i have done alot in boxes wise for supra's and this one was the most clearest of all and ps it was not dual camber box as well caues the dual camber took away the not i wanted to have to much bass

ps all so this is the best one to run to have have rattel

now if you want boom db i whould run dual chamber wiht seperti ports and run teh sub tot eh back as well as the sub but it wil rattel now run a fiber glass in teh saper time thing is good idea if you have a targa but wil sound liek carp caues the ari vol will not be right plus it whould have alot of nosie cancleing ect

i done alot in audio i know what boxes run good in these thing remmber i hit 150 db whiht only one amp and 2 sub whiht out cap and one batt

if you wan to know more i can tell you but i can go on and on and on

i made about 4 boxes for my car tell i hit 150.1 db

ps put ti in frist and then wehn you like the sound q then you put in the other stuff liek eye candy

took me 1 year to hit 150 now i am selling it caues i don't want eh heat score

i was going to compete this summber at teh house of boom but ti is out of my system

plus i didn't liek the weight on my rear end i had to do my camber for the weight now that is out i had to do it again and it perfect better whiht otut he shit i had back there

and if you want power wire ect i have it all over the place as well as neno and crap

Old 06-01-2002, 09:40 AM   #391

what color neon do you have?
Old 06-01-2002, 01:21 PM   #392
HELP ME PLS!!!

i gotta blue'ish neon thats going above my intercooler and then wired to come on with matrix foglights (none of this crap is installed yet)

then i'll just have it turned on for show... so not very often at all.

my stupid stock foglights never turn off either, if the cars on, so are they and the damn switch doesnt turn em off!

i need to fix that... ive got Hella H4's installed for headlights which would look dope with the matrix foglights and not the stock foglights
Old 06-01-2002, 01:39 PM   #393

i got black light and a buch of perpule

Old 06-01-2002, 03:33 PM   #394

ive got some blue neon cable, im not sure what im going to be doing with neon yet though. if i change the interior to black, it will be much better looking. maybe some polished aluminum accents to match the amp....
Old 06-01-2002, 07:27 PM   #395
HELP ME PLS!!!

heres the subs in my car... as you can see something needs to be done to flatten the area its sitting on, and also need some carpet under there...
Old 06-01-2002, 07:29 PM   #396
HELP ME PLS!!!

heh, and check this out. i spun the original brackets for the back seats around and they fit up almost perfectly to the back of the sub box.

btw the box is covered in cat hair and other stuff from sitting around collecting dust the last 3 years. i'll work on cleaning everything up once i get it in there nicely.

ohh and i ripped out the passenger side seat, got at my amp, then changed it off the bridged connection so its running both 10's now. sounds real loud compared to before.
Old 06-02-2002, 12:29 AM   #397

well the big reson why it sounds louder is 2 things

1 big you are pushign more air then befor

2 you may have better box then the old one and if the old one was seal yes there will be diff i like ported boxes but ti hard to get nice sounding one and when you di it is like god blesd you or some thing

any way change my trans fulid today boy did that do alot come paded to the old stuf fi was runing aka wroung trans fulid to light weight for my car but i allwasy use red line it the best i find but it is exp thou

Old 06-02-2002, 12:38 AM   #398
HELP ME PLS!!!

yeah. its way louder now. the box i had in before wasnt ported, but gave a much cleaner sound... now its alot of damn bass

i had this box in my Rx7 and cavalier years ago, its a great box but when i got a new stereo for the supra i thought id go to a simpler setup with just a single ten (got tired of my ears ringing all the time)

ahh well, guess im gonna go def
Old 06-02-2002, 06:38 AM   #399

well since i took my setup out of my car my hearing kinda comeing back mine was really loud but clear at teh same time

here is some thing for you to try whiht you box

take you box and put the prt about 5 incs away from the back and ami the sub at teh windo you may see much better sound come out alot cleaner and not much port nosie ect just try it and tell me if you liek it better ps you will get more of mid rang boom

but try it out you may liek it that is the way my clearest setup was same shaped box but single port in one chamber box

Old 06-02-2002, 05:42 PM   #400

well i wne tot the race way but toby has some bad news that i will let him say

but who is all going to go the auto x this june i am come on we need more people