REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 08-18-2006, 09:50 AM   #26
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Re: Re: Most of you are pathetic

Quote:
Originally posted by naomi
Predictability isn't a bad thing. It shows that you are reliable and trustworthy. There should be a balance - not a tip in the extreme towards one or the other. If a guy is so out there that it becomes hard to get a feel for him him, then frustration sets in and I'll lose interest quickly.

I wasnt telling the guy to goto an extreme. Obviously you gotta be a man of your word too. Just dont be afraid to tell a girl that something came up and you wont be able to go out with her that night.

Quote:
Not kissing on the first date doesn't = prude. Any guy who so easily throws in the towel because he didn't get some nookie asap needs to grow up.
Basically every girl I have met has not minded me at least kissing her on the cheek good bye. I'm not saying you have to make out with her. If you try to be friendly and touch her and she resists your advances then she is most likely not interested in you.

Quote:
If a guy asks me out to dinner on a first date, I absolutely will expect him to pay. After that, it's dutch, if I decide to go out with him again. I don't think that makes me a waste of time or a money hungry gold digger. I can fend for myself and in past relationships have always paid my own way.

The first date though, if the guy wants to make a good impression and he is the one to ask, he should always pay.

These are the things that separate boys from men.
Honestly.. tell me.. when is the last time YOU asked a guy out. I only know a handful of girls that will actually do that.

Old 08-18-2006, 09:54 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally posted by GreddyTalon
To be really honest...who really gives a fuck what I think...what you think, what anyone thinks??? None of it matters...all the opinions people express here are usually their surpressed opinions. That's why you are typing it on a website, and not saying it vocally to every person you meet.

If what you are doing works for you...then keep doing it. There are no "guidelines" for people looking to hook up. As long as you don't hurt anyone...it's all good.
if my friends are acting like whipped nancy boys I let them know. I dont just sit there and let them get hurt
Old 08-18-2006, 09:59 AM   #28
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Re: Most of you are pathetic

Quote:
Originally posted by penner2k
Most of you are pathetic
Exactly. To put it simply, 95% of you guys in this forum are pussys. You know why you're all having female problems, females don't like pansy men so grow some balls and stop being whiney, clingy and insecure.

Sure I might have had my share of females call me a jackass, but they also keep coming back and I date models and actresses, so life ain't bad. My experience, females like confident, take charge, roughneck guys.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:03 AM   #29
RS.net PIMP

Quote:
if my friends are acting like whipped nancy boys I let them know. I dont just sit there and let them get hurt
I've gone even further and knocked out one of my buddies for acting like a nancy boy with his girlfriend. Worked wonders From that day one, hes taken charge of that relationship and no problems.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:06 AM   #30
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Re: Re: Re: Most of you are pathetic

Quote:

Basically every girl I have met has not minded me at least kissing her on the cheek good bye. I'm not saying you have to make out with her. If you try to be friendly and touch her and she resists your advances then she is most likely not interested in you.
You just made it sound like a girl who isn't interested in being physical in the slightest (a kiss or whatnot) is deemed to be put into your black book forever.. and I really don't think that's right. Maybe she just doesn't feel comfortable or is shy, and if you disregard her based on such a small fact, then it really would be your loss if she actually was someone of quality character that you really could have fun with once she became comfortable with you.

Quote:

Honestly.. tell me.. when is the last time YOU asked a guy out. I only know a handful of girls that will actually do that.
It's not something I do often, as I am generally attracted to the A-type personality guy who is a go-getter and aggressive about what he wants. Usually those types will do the asking first. I have, in the past however, been interested in someone and asked them to hang out for movie or coffee and have paid. Regardless, I think that whoever asks, should pay. If the guy asks a girl on a first date, he should definitely pay.

It's just proper dating ettiquette. It doesn't mean that the woman is a gold digger. At the end of the meal/movie/etc she should offer to split, but if you asked, you should pay.

Reasoning? Paying is a sign of respect. First impressions are important, and if a guy simply pays without making a big deal out of it, I'm impressed. It shows generosity and a bit of macho protectiveness that even my feminist leanings don't want to quench. I realize it sounds contradictory to demand equality by still wanting men to pay on the first date, but I'm not advocating being a dinner whore. Frankly, I wouldn't want to waste time eating a meal with someone I wasn't attracted to, even if they took me to Lumiere.

Past the first-date stage, and especially once you've started a relationship, anything goes—alternating, settling on the greater earner always paying, going dutch, or figuring out another system based on your values.

I'm sure there will be many who disagree and many who agree with me. Just do whatever works for you, and if it's not working - think about changing your approach.

Last edited by naomi; 08-18-2006 at 10:08 AM.
naomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:16 AM   #31
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
Most of the posts here are pathetic, I agree. And most members are suffering from a severe deficiency in the testicular department. But you know whats more pathetic? people who claim to know the "answer" and go around bullshitting their way through this thread. Fact, everyone is different, every situation is different and applying the same methodology to everyone is stupid.

I think naomi is a guy. Quit trolling for answers

Quote:
Originally posted by 7seven
Exactly. To put it simply, 95% of you guys in this forum are pussys. You know why you're all having female problems, females don't like pansy men so grow some balls and stop being whiney, clingy and insecure.

Sure I might have had my share of females call me a jackass, but they also keep coming back and I date models and actresses, so life ain't bad. My experience, females like confident, take charge, roughneck guys.

get over yourself. You still feel the need to post among these "losers". Shouldn't you be out chasing tail?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)

Last edited by CivicBlues; 08-18-2006 at 10:22 AM.
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:28 AM   #32
RS.net PIMP

Quote:
Originally posted by CivicBlues

get over yourself. You still feel the need to post among these "losers". Shouldn't you be out chasing tail?
Nope, I'll be doing that after at noon when I get out of the office, till then RS, MSN and AIM will have to keep me occupied at work.

Its just funny because I was talking to one of the RS admins yesterday exactly about this point of all the whiney guys in the relationship forum.

Last edited by 7seven; 08-18-2006 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:29 AM   #33
VLS Barista Brat

Re: Re: Re: Most of you are pathetic

Quote:
And can you honestly give me a GOOD why a girl would want to date a guy who was too scared to ask her out?
Old 08-18-2006, 10:29 AM   #34
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally posted by Homer
Ladies and Gentlemen, I believe we have our first whipped boy to post in this thread.
Right Homer...you keep thinking that.

Basically, the way I see it...if you have the preoccupation of thoughts, of things you can, or cannot do to get with who ever you want; then that makes you whipped, or soon to be whipped my friend.

I've been with my wife for 8 years, married for 5. After the first year...the whip no longer exists. Please don't try to teach the master.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:38 AM   #35

Re: Re: Re: Re: Most of you are pathetic

Quote:
Originally posted by Trinity
And can you honestly give me a GOOD why a girl would want to date a guy who was too scared to ask her out?
I agree... but the point I was trying to make is that if its almost always the guy that has to ask the girl out then its always the guy that has to pay. He already got the guts to ask you out and now he is expected to pay for everything too?
IMO it should be 50/50 right off the bat. If the girl is gonna get upset over that then fuck her. I'm not gonna waste my time with someone like that when their are thousands of other girls out there.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:48 AM   #36
linguistic ninja

Old 08-18-2006, 11:29 AM   #37
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Quote:
Originally posted by GreddyTalon
Right Homer...you keep thinking that.

Basically, the way I see it...if you have the preoccupation of thoughts, of things you can, or cannot do to get with who ever you want; then that makes you whipped, or soon to be whipped my friend.

I've been with my wife for 8 years, married for 5. After the first year...the whip no longer exists. Please don't try to teach the master.
You're married. 'Nuff said

Inter arma enim silent leges
Kagemusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 11:31 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally posted by 7seven
I've gone even further and knocked out one of my buddies for acting like a nancy boy with his girlfriend. Worked wonders From that day one, hes taken charge of that relationship and no problems.

Interventions are the best my friend

But we never had to go as far as to punching out one of our boys to get the point across thankfully!

Old 08-18-2006, 11:35 AM   #39
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Well, I think we gotta be careful. You can't just do what you want to do, especially in Vancouver where anything you do to a girl can potentially put you in jail. I'd rather be a pussy than serving jail time.

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 11:46 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally posted by q0192837465
Well, I think we gotta be careful. You can't just do what you want to do, especially in Vancouver where anything you do to a girl can potentially put you in jail. I'd rather be a pussy than serving jail time.
We're not saying to rape or murder the girl...

Old 08-18-2006, 12:16 PM   #41
VLS Barista Brat

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Most of you are pathetic

Quote:
I agree... but the point I was trying to make is that if its almost always the guy that has to ask the girl out then its always the guy that has to pay. He already got the guts to ask you out and now he is expected to pay for everything too?
IMO it should be 50/50 right off the bat. If the girl is gonna get upset over that then fuck her. I'm not gonna waste my time with someone like that when their are thousands of other girls out there.
See, that's one of my biggest concerns too, but why ask someone out on a date if you don't think you can afford it?
Old 08-18-2006, 12:42 PM   #42

I can afford it. Just usually on a first date you are getting a feel for if you and the other person are compatible. Why should I spend my money buying some chick food if I dont even know if I like her yet.
Its sorta like going to the bar. Talking to some chick and buying her a drink. Unless she is my friend that just isnt gonna happen.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:47 PM   #43
VLS Barista Brat

Believe me, for the right girl... it will.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:29 PM   #44

believe me.. for the right girl I wont need to since she wont be stuck up on "him buying me dinner on the first date gives a good impression"

It has NEVER been an issue with me. Either we had a connection or we didnt. Also in my experience most girls know if they want to go on a second date with you before the bill comes.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:59 PM   #45
linguistic ninja

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce-Leroy
Real women want a real man. The real man is a bit of a jerk. Not a total asshole but he has an edge. Nice guys finish last because the girls will take the security from the boring nice guy who becomes the emotional crutch while the badass who's exciting gets her primevil juices flowing.

Nerdy nice boys still think about hot bondes with big jugs
Nerdy nice girls think about the badass on the motorbike.

Don't think you can act like James bond and get away with it. You can't. Just be a man!

Thanks for that, anymore cliched contrivances you want to dispense on us sans-testicle plebians?

Old 08-18-2006, 02:57 PM   #46
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Homer
The problem with most of the guys here of what I can see from the posts is that they're all whipped.

They'll give up one of their limbs just to be with some "really hot chic" that they really like, and would let her shit on thier face just for the chance to talk to her.
Tubgirl?
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 06:56 PM   #47
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Maybe its rare but cant someone be a nice guy with an edge. You can be a nice guy and hold doors for people, or pay on a first date, or be considerate to your companion. But you could also let your companion know if they are doing something that you dont like or disagree with, back up a friend in need or knock the shit out of someone if they disrespect you. Why does it have to be you're either a pussy or you're an asshole.
J'zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:27 PM   #48
VLS Barista Brat

Quote:
believe me.. for the right girl I wont need to since she wont be stuck up on "him buying me dinner on the first date gives a good impression"

It has NEVER been an issue with me. Either we had a connection or we didnt. Also in my experience most girls know if they want to go on a second date with you before the bill comes.
Y'know, I still don't get your logic.

If you invite someone to your house for dinner, do you expect them to cook it for you? No... Because you invited them to your house for dinner.

If you invited someone to dinner at a nice restaurant, do you think they expect to pay for it? It doesn't matter if it's a date, or if it's a friend visiting out of town - you're still inviting them out for *something*.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:33 PM   #49
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally posted by Trinity
Y'know, I still don't get your logic.

If you invite someone to your house for dinner, do you expect them to cook it for you? No... Because you invited them to your house for dinner.

If you invited someone to dinner at a nice restaurant, do you think they expect to pay for it? It doesn't matter if it's a date, or if it's a friend visiting out of town - you're still inviting them out for *something*.
Exactly.

Last edited by naomi; 08-18-2006 at 08:34 PM.
naomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:04 PM   #50
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ulic Qel-Droma
NO WOMAN IS ABOVE YOU. if anything, put them at least equal. i like to think of them as slightly below, that way I have more control. plus all women are submissive, you just have to break through their bitch barrier.

I wish I could punch you in the throat, and the balls, through the computer.