REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 08-18-2006, 09:48 PM   #51
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Trinity
If you invited someone to dinner at a nice restaurant, do you think they expect to pay for it? It doesn't matter if it's a date, or if it's a friend visiting out of town - you're still inviting them out for *something*.
If my buddy calls me up and asks me if I want to get something to eat with him, I don't go there expecting him to pay for my meal ...

Hell, I've invited women out for lunch and they don't bring any money because they expected me to pay ... I insist on paying for my GF, but paying for a casual acquaintance from work ? That doesn't go over well with me when she just expects me to pay ...

Last edited by Jmac; 08-18-2006 at 09:53 PM.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 11:03 PM   #52
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:
Originally posted by la.reina
I wish I could punch you in the throat, and the balls, through the computer.

rofl..
instead of talking about how you want to do violent acts towards ulic why dont you post why you want to punch him..

btw
I pretty much agree with what he said... nobody is above me.. I wont put someone up on a pedistal just cuz tehy are hot.. actually with hot chicks I usually like to make fun of them to bring their ego down..
Old 08-18-2006, 11:36 PM   #53
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

what's wrong w/ guys paying on the first date? if u couldn't afford it, then don't go to a super fancy restaurant..geez

don't u guys think that when a guy n a gal pay 50/50 on the first date, all of a sudden the date becomes a "frds-hanging-out" event?
azn_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 11:49 PM   #54
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by azn_babe
what's wrong w/ guys paying on the first date? if u couldn't afford it, then don't go to a super fancy restaurant..geez

don't u guys think that when a guy n a gal pay 50/50 on the first date, all of a sudden the date becomes a "frds-hanging-out" event?
Even a decent restaurant is still going to cost you $50 after drinks, taxes, and tips ... That's not including extras such as flowers ...

And, let's face it, you take a girl to McDonald's and the date is pretty much a write-off ...

I think it's unfair, especially in today's "gender equality" society, that it's automatically implied that the man is paying for the date ... If the guy wants to do it, that's great, more power to him, but it should be his choice and the girl should come into the date willing to pay her part if he doesn't want to pay for the whole thing ...

Last edited by Jmac; 08-18-2006 at 11:50 PM.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 12:46 AM   #55
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

so much anger here.....LOL

I can understand the female's need for the potential mate to prove himself.

BUT.

When it all comes down to it, wouldn't it be easier to just hang out? does who pay what and what who does really matter so much, as long as you and enjoying the other's company?

-sigh- LOL

RELAAAAAAAAAX. CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL.

If anyone need any vicoden, pm me.

My Pre-1998 American POS Mobile -
http://www.friendster.com/viewphotos.php?p=e&pid=303914261&rid=11180&uid=284 22883
ruckus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:25 AM   #56
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally posted by ruckus007
so much anger here.....LOL

I can understand the female's need for the potential mate to prove himself.

BUT.

When it all comes down to it, wouldn't it be easier to just hang out? does who pay what and what who does really matter so much, as long as you and enjoying the other's company?

-sigh- LOL

RELAAAAAAAAAX. CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL.

If anyone need any vicoden, pm me.
THANK YOU!
DeadMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:58 AM   #57
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

HAHA its turning into gambling...

You ask her out on a date, you pay for her, if you two don't "click" than the money goes down the drain, but if you do, than you hit jackpot?(most of the times haha)

But seriously tho, If asking a girl out, they should ATLEAST pay half or INSIST on paying....I wouldn't mind if she offered/insisted to pay instead of some bitch waiting for me to get the bill and pay for her...

Last edited by ExcelPremium; 08-19-2006 at 02:10 AM.
ExcelPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 02:31 AM   #58
zoo
My homepage has been set to RS

bitches they come they go
if your too nice and too shy, you aint gonna get laid
Old 08-19-2006, 02:53 AM   #59
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

lol I agree with penner about the paying thing. first dates + dates in general I pay 50/50 with the girl and if she EXPECTS me to pay and doesnt even make an effort to get the bill shes not worth my time. Theres a couple exceptions for me though: 1. Special occasions is a given (anniversarys etc.), 2. If shes ASKS me to pay nicely (Its happened before, she only has credit/debit and doesnt want the hastle of splitting the bill, she asked me nicely and I paid for her) I told her jokingly she'd get the bill the next time around, but she actually did so that worked out pretty well.

On one hand you're seen as a gentleman if you pay for her. However, on the other hand, imo when the guy pays for the girl it always seems like hes trying too hard to impress her on the first date, and "Trying is the first step towards failure" in dating . Somewhat similar to the buying girls gifts to make them love you idea. Personally, I make it a point not to spend money on the girl until after its been established that we're exclusively seeing each other.

Just thought of this as I was rambling though, has anyone tried making the GIRL pay? Then making arrangements for a 2nd date telling her you'll treat her out to dinner next time. Watched the "Dating loop hole" episode of seinfeld couple nights ago heh.
Moratorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 07:28 AM   #60
Banned (ABWS)

Honestly, I usually end up paying the first dinner bill. 75% of the time, it was me who asked her out to dinner, so how could I expect her to pay? Most women are considerate enough to offer to pay half, or at least cover the tip. I usually tell them "you can pay the next bill, and we're going downtown!" or something :P Humor is the key. If you start stressing out over a $50 bill for a dinner date that may have just introduced you to your wife, you're going to probably start setting off alarm bells in her head and you may not get the chance to prove yourself later. Women are barraged with SO many guys that your first impressions have to count.
Jomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 07:57 AM   #61
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by la.reina
I wish I could punch you in the throat, and the balls, through the computer.
how about in real life? I might draw wood though.

Quote:

... not you again.
friends hanging out? no because you're never friend's with a girl if you wanna slip your rod into her.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 09:59 AM   #62
Banned (ABWS)

Yep, and like Penner said at the start. If it didn't work out, at least you went out and did something.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:31 AM   #63
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

just do what best works for you!! if your the type of guy that wants to pay then pay. If you don't expect to pay for a girl on a first date, then don't pay.

For me, I don't expect the guy to pay, but it's a nice thing if they do ( i guess it does make an impression on a girl). Or even when a girl pays for a guy, it makes an impression on the guy too. if we are doing say dinner and dessert. i'll pay for dessert, he pays for dinner or something.

As for inviting someone to an event, it depends what type of even it is! If you were inviting a girl to a concert, you will have to pay or if you invite her out to a company event, ur house etc..

As friends, going out for dinner or something, equal pay i see it as.
toodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:14 AM   #64
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

what I did with my ex gf was that i'd pay for dinner and if we were seeing a movie later on, she would pay for that.

On the first date, the guy should pay, that I get, but what if you click and you go on a few more dates. Does it become half and half or does the guy still pay?
hiGh_RollA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:52 AM   #65
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally posted by hiGh_RollA
On the first date, the guy should pay, that I get, but what if you click and you go on a few more dates. Does it become half and half or does the guy still pay?
Unless you've got more money than you have any right to, you should think about splitting or alternating the bill. Seriously, we're all trying to get ahead here. We're not working fulltime so we can buy all the meals for someone else.

I don't know about the rest of the guys here, but I like a woman to be as independant as she can be, and that includes being able to support herself. Jobless chicks = 3 strikes for me.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:15 PM   #66
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Would you see something wrong with the Girl ALWAYS trying to pay for everything? Should the Guy step in and take the bill in some circumstances
hiGh_RollA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 12:38 PM   #67
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Quote:
Originally posted by Jomo

I don't know about the rest of the guys here, but I like a woman to be as independant as she can be, and that includes being able to support herself. Jobless chicks = 3 strikes for me.

Word. For me that includes her having a car, and being able to drive decently...i can't stand girls that are afraid to drive or never do.

Inter arma enim silent leges

Last edited by Kagemusha; 08-19-2006 at 12:39 PM.
Kagemusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 12:46 PM   #68
I STILL don't get it

For me, it goes like this:

If the date is dinner & a movie, he pays for dinner, i WILL pay for the movie, or vice versa. Usually i will try to race him to the counter to pay....

I absolutley HATE when guys feel they "must" pay for dinners or dates when in a relationship. Our society has put this image that men are the bread winners and to give a good impression he must show the cash. That's not true, in my case.

For a good impression on a date, money is NOT a requirement. And it shouldn't be!

He pays his way, as should i!
Melissa1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 12:48 PM   #69
I STILL don't get it

Quote:

NO!

Are you joking me!

Who pays does not define a DATE.

And if it does... YOU should be paying then.
Melissa1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:07 PM   #70
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

hi melissa... my name is Dave

Last edited by penner2k; 08-19-2006 at 01:11 PM.
penner2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:08 PM   #71
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by penner2k
hi mellisa... my name is Dave
"...and I'm an RS-aholic."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 02:47 PM   #72
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by penner2k
hi melissa... my name is Dave
and if you're into this kinda stuff... my name is Geoff.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 05:23 PM   #73
Banned (ABWS)

^^ You two are hilarious lol. I love Penner, because I remember all of his ollllllld posts hahaha.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:47 PM   #74
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

All girls should think like Melissa..
ExcelPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 07:57 PM   #75
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Okay, the reason why I want to punch Ulic in the throat through my computer is because of the attitude inside the comment I quoted. That, to me, should never be said.

You don't have to put a hot girl, or any girl, ABOVE you, and you most certainly better not put her BELOW you either. What the hell is the purpose of putting people on levels and shit like that? We're all people, same level. If you need to think of her as less than you in order to feel secure, confident and/or happy about yourself, you need to sort your shit out before you spread your terrible thought pattern.