REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 07-17-2008, 11:57 PM   #651
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,537 Times in 1,501 Posts
i've been two times and they were both good, well... nothing disappointing. it met my expectations.

only problem was the first time we were outside and it was fucking cold and there were not heaters. but that's not a biggie, im sure he'll get heaters this winter.
Advertisement
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:56 AM   #652
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naomi View Post
What I'd be curious about, is what kind of restaurants other ebisu lovers or haters go to and how often they frequent the downtown core to dine out.

There are times where I feel reading anonymous restaurant reviews is along the same lines as getting movie recommendations from a stranger.

You just don't know if the person who thinks that the restaurant has amazing service is used to eating only at WhiteSpot/Dennys/Olive Garden or if they regularly dine at Vij's/Boathouse/Sandbar/The Cannery.

P.S. I agree with Hanoj - if I say hi it will be after the meal/service/paying of the bill.
I agree. .that is why dinehere.ca is good. i like to click on the users and read what other reviews and what they've been eating and where... haha !
Old 07-18-2008, 11:44 AM   #653
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsup View Post
I agree. .that is why dinehere.ca is good. i like to click on the users and read what other reviews and what they've been eating and where... haha !
dinehere.ca's got some pretty crappy review's of good places sometimes, all it takes is one fricken biased person.

I want a VIP card now too XD
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:34 AM   #654
My homepage has been set to RS

^werd

Wheres my VIP card Deon? haha

feedback
iPee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:10 PM   #655
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
VIP cards are no longer available...

Sorry ladies.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:40 PM   #656
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
im still waiting on the brass dance poles to be put up... =/

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:34 PM   #657
No Duplicate Accounts

Going there on 29th with 8-10 people... can the manager Deon hook something up? Belated bday for out of towner from China. Guy is a manager for factory selling high performance China-Italian racing karts... we want to have him leave with a good impression
Rev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:30 PM   #658
HELP ME PLS!!!

^ if he's such a big shot and u want to leave a lasting good impression, why u bringing him to Ebisu?

No offense to Obsideon, of course.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:39 PM   #659
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
+1 for the service lacking.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:09 AM   #660
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
^ if he's such a big shot and u want to leave a lasting good impression, why u bringing him to Ebisu?

ya taking him somewhere high end or sth
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:09 AM   #661
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
ya taking him somewhere high end or sth
Wow. Unnecessary personal attack much?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:39 AM   #662
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
LOL I don't mind. I'm not competing with Gotham or anything. I also use Triple AAA Certified Angus Grade Beef steaks with the same distinctions that seperate it from other places (Only 8% of all beef qualify, Superior flavour and juiciness from the marbling, etc) BUT they aren't $60+ here

It depends on HOW you want to impress them; pretentious up-scale western steakhouse costing an arm & a leg (maybe even some internal organs) or a hip, modern/contempary Japanese fusion with different kind of food and huge selection of drinks? Since he's so big shot I'm sure he's been to many many places, you would probably not be the first (or last) to take him to a high-end white restaurant

but Rev* I will definitely try to hook you up! Just look/ask for me when you come down! See what we can do!

PS. Did you book it already? I only see some reservations for 29p, 20p, 15p so far for the 29th, Tuesday right?

"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if tomorrow will be your last." ~ James Dean

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." ~ Ferdinand Porsche

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
1986 Toyota AE86 頭文字 (イニシャル) D
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718

Last edited by Obsideon; 07-23-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #663
Banned By Establishment

Had 2 good meals there thursday nite with our austrailian member minix3 and raid3n, and darthchilli.

It was awesome as usual.

Thanks Deon, for the great meal stories too
Old 07-26-2008, 12:31 PM   #664
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
plan to go there on Tuesday, good food as always
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:53 AM   #665
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

went there on Sat night.. destroyed myself ! =) great service.. great everything !
Old 08-06-2008, 10:45 AM   #666
HELP ME PLS!!!

would u be able to hook it up if we were to have our bday celebration there. would there be space for about 20-30 people perhaps on Friday Aug 22nd?
CoLoRs member #24 "whatever you like"
1z-0n-m3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:49 PM   #667
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Been there a couple times with some friends, but I wasn't the person who always wants to order and try new food...

taking a good out of town friend there this saturday for dinner, any dishes that one can recommend that's good for TWO people?

--> Any special alcoholic drinks one would also recommend? Will single martini's or cocktails get one drunk? How much % do they have?

Btw: I just called and tried to make a reservation, you guys don't take reservations for 2 on a Saturday? Just want to be prepared and make sure we don't have to wait... the girl who picked up the phone said we just have to drop by and see?? That's kind of a turnoff...

Last edited by Marlly; 08-06-2008 at 09:18 PM.
Marlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:53 PM   #668
Ebisu Boss

Thumbs up

hm .. it depends on how much you can eat .. haha
I got some special cocktails going on right now ... every drink has alcohol %'s listed on it (I was bored while editing the menu lol) so you can see exactly ho much your drinking!

Yeah because the weekends are usually so packed it's hard to book up a table for 2, we usually just slot them in at the bar stools or at the counter, but your from RS so you get special privileges

Just PM about the details (name, #, time) of your booking and I'll make it happen

~ D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlly View Post
Been there a couple times with some friends, but I wasn't the person who always wants to order and try new food...

taking a good out of town friend there this saturday for dinner, any dishes that one can recommend that's good for TWO people?

--> Any special alcoholic drinks one would also recommend? Will single martini's or cocktails get one drunk? How much % do they have?

Btw: I just called and tried to make a reservation, you guys don't take reservations for 2 on a Saturday? Just want to be prepared and make sure we don't have to wait... the girl who picked up the phone said we just have to drop by and see?? That's kind of a turnoff...

"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if tomorrow will be your last." ~ James Dean

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." ~ Ferdinand Porsche

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718
Old 08-07-2008, 06:10 PM   #669
Banned By Establishment

wait a second, i saw one on broadway near cactus club... how did i not know about this?

or am i just smoking too much skunk weed (which im not) :P
Old 08-07-2008, 11:58 PM   #670
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

I was at ebisu last night(thursday). The rolls were ok, but the Arasi Pasta(I think that's how you spell it)... that was awesome . Like how some of you guys posted above that the service is kind of lacking compared to other restaurants. The management team has to come up with a better training system.

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:29 PM   #671
Ebisu Boss

I'm always open to feedback, good or bad. It helps me to improve myself. If no one says anything then I would never know!

I will definitely be working on the service, get a few more staff meetings together. Takes a little time to re-adjust the system and kick the girls in the butt to get things rolling.

Been so busy what with the new renovations at the new place, getting staff, etc..

Once again I apologize for the bad experiences some of you have had here recently and hope I can redeem myself in the near future!

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718

Last edited by Obsideon; 08-08-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:39 PM   #672
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2_alpha View Post
owever, all that stuff was ok, but what ticked us off the most was the fact that the staff took our change as it was tips. We had a $41.50 meal and gave $60 dollars. They thought we were going to give them $18 dollars in tips? When I reminded them about our change, They actually had to look for our bill and open the cash register to get the change. My gf was furious to say the least and I doubt we will ever be going back.
Deon.. the exact same situation happened to myself and a friend as well.

This may/ may not be the same girl, but I find it really rude and discomforting when that happens in ANY OTHER restaurants I go to. Have this negative experience and it makes me want to pimp slap those waitresses for taking my change as tips...

FEEDBACK
eMMso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:58 PM   #673
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMMso View Post
Deon.. the exact same situation happened to myself and a friend as well.

This may/ may not be the same girl, but I find it really rude and discomforting when that happens in ANY OTHER restaurants I go to. Have this negative experience and it makes me want to pimp slap those waitresses for taking my change as tips...
same thing happened to me......had a $70 bill, paid $100.......took them forever and many reminders to get my change........not impressed to say the least
LanEvoMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:31 PM   #674
Ebisu Boss

I find it really strange that should happen. I've never seen it nor do I condone it. I always tell the cashier to give back the change unless it was obvious like for example a $73 bill and they pay with four $20s AND a toonie. You mentioned a $70 bill and you paid with a hundred dollar bill and didn't get change? Was it a split bill table? Sometimes those get confusing when 15 people are paying at the same time for a single party. Otherwise I really don't know how that could happen, odd...

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718
Old 08-09-2008, 10:21 PM   #675
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Just got back not long ago... Dinner was great. Food was OK, drinks were awesome. Service was improved from the last time I went... I was kinda buzzed to look at the bill and just went ahead and paid for it... But doing some recalculations now (I know the menu online might not have been updated with prices), it seems like I was over charged by $20+.

Anyways, anyway I can check with you Deon? Or let you know and confirm what I ordered? Thanks for the reserve booking btw.
Dr-Vn is offline   Reply With Quote