REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Review: EBISU on Robson (https://www.revscene.net/forums/429366-review-ebisu-robson.html)

Durrann 11-06-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beetea (Post 8074727)
was there last night and it was good.

they ran out of the sapporo on tap so they gave us 2 big boys for 8.50.

awesome service, awesome food, awesome times. will be back!!!

aw we didnt get those bad boys when they ran out of sapporo on tap

haha jk no complaint!
will be going back

Obsideon 11-06-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gYU (Post 8072739)
Went tonight, and everything was pretty good :thumbs: Only complaint is that they ran out of Sapporo near end of closing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlo mein (Post 8074606)
Went on Saturday night, first time at the Broadway location. I have to say it has a surprisingly different atmosphere than Robson. The staff are much older but polite and it seemed more family dinner oriented than drinking.

Can't complain about the $8.50 pitchers though. After we had a pitcher/person they told us they ran out and I thought it was because they wanted our loud asses to leave, but from the post above it seems like they actually do run out. :badpokerface:

Going to be back many times...

Quote:

Originally Posted by beetea (Post 8074727)
was there last night and it was good.

they ran out of the sapporo on tap so they gave us 2 big boys for 8.50.

awesome service, awesome food, awesome times. will be back!!!

Sorry for running out of stock I actually had to ask one of the kitchen prep guys to personally drive 2 kegs over from Robson because the response so far has been overwhelming! We will make sure the manager over at the Broadway location orders more for the following weeks so we won't run out!
Thanks RS! :fullofwin:

murd0c 11-07-2012 02:12 PM

Went yesterday for the first time with Vansterdam before the Wiz concert and I have to say I'm very impressed. Nice decor and the food was great. Can't wait to go back when I'm not in a rush. The raw oysters were great, are they only $1 on Tuesdays?

and it was good meeting you Obsideon.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7...7720985741.jpg

you have to try the Salmon carpaccio it's so good we should of ordered a large order.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/229...9093665741.jpg

jlo mein 11-07-2012 03:47 PM

Does murd0c really look like his creeper avatar? :heckno:

murd0c 11-07-2012 06:39 PM

I don't think the trench coat I was wearing helped much :(

Obsideon 11-07-2012 08:53 PM

Hahaha I'll be the first to say that no he looks a "bit" better in person than his avatar lol!
It was nice to meet you too, should have said hi to me earlier lol! Hope to see you again soon!

murd0c 11-08-2012 07:20 AM

I will prob be back next week sometime. I have a craving for more of those great oysters you have.

t-o-o-MUCH 11-08-2012 02:29 PM

beer awesome, oysters were good, but i noticed the sashimi special was lacking, 5 different kinds of sashimi ended up being salmon, spicy salmon, tuna, spicy tuna, and negitoro (which was the best of the bunch) and supper small portions. I guess you cant expect much for 13 dollars..

jlo mein 11-08-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8076462)
I will prob be back next week sometime. I have a craving for more of those great oysters you have.

I can't look at your avatar and take your quote about craving great "oysters" seriously...:badpokerface:

geelaw 11-08-2012 05:51 PM

those oysters look so darn good... especailly when you said only 1 dollar...

Santofu 11-09-2012 05:55 PM

Do we need to make reservations or is it okay to walk in? I'm going tonight.

TOS'd 11-09-2012 06:27 PM

lol friday night.

Obsideon 11-09-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santofu (Post 8077533)
Do we need to make reservations or is it okay to walk in? I'm going tonight.

Are you referring to the Broadway location or Robson?

Broadway I'm pretty sure you can walk in but to be on the safe side you can give them a call to guarantee a spot because the beer flowing special has been pretty crazy recently :)

Robson, it would be best to make a reservation ;)

see.lai 11-10-2012 09:23 AM

hey , is the promotion going on for robson or is it only for the broadway location?

Obsideon 11-11-2012 08:46 AM

That promotion is only going on at Broadway... at the moment ;)

kb 11-11-2012 06:15 PM

The broadway location really needs to stay open later after this deal

miss_crayon 11-15-2012 12:16 PM

Going tomorrow for a birthday....can't wait for my OYSTERS!! GAHH!!!

sp00n 11-16-2012 03:39 PM

Make sure you bring your ID's, servers will be much stricter now.

Hidden camera shows underage teens served alcohol - British Columbia - CBC News

Quote:

A CBC News hidden-camera investigation has caught half of the B.C. Lower Mainland restaurants that it tested selling alcoholic drinks to minors.

In the investigation, a group composed of three 18-year-olds and one 17-year-old was sent to four establishments. The CBC asked the three males and one female to order alcohol, but not to drink it if they were served. Provincial laws prohibit anyone under 19 years old from being served or sold liquor.

All four teens went together to Ebisu restaurant on Robson Street in Vancouver where they ordered a pitcher of beer and were served within minutes of sitting down.

The same night, the Keg Steakhouse & Bar on Still Creek Avenue in Burnaby served red wine to two of the 18-year-olds, who went in as a couple. Another Keg waitress served beer to the two other teens who were sitting in the bar area.

All four left their drinks untouched and later left.

Outside the restaurant afterwards, the teens offered their own theories about why they were served.

"It was just really casual,” said Jack Hu, 17. "I guess [the server] just thought we were older."

Aidan Ponton, 18, said he suspected the waitress sympathized with them.

"I guess she just saw us, just some younger kids and she knew what it was like, she'd been in that position before and she didn't hesitate," Ponton said.

When later confronted with the results of the CBC News investigation, the management at Ebisu said they were shocked and embarrassed and promised to be more vigilant in checking identification.

A Keg spokesperson admitted its servers did not follow procedures and the restaurant chain will now redouble its training.

The teens also visited the Cactus Club and Boston Pizza, on Lougheed Highway in Burnaby. Both restaurants asked for government-issued identification and when the teens couldn't produce it, they were refused service.

The penalty for a first offence ranges from $7,500 to $10,000 or a 10-to-15- day licence suspension. Licensees can either accept the penalty or request an enforcement hearing.

CBC News has also learned the provincial government has recently begun doing its own secret spot checks of restaurant compliance with the law through its Minors as Agents Program. It found that 20 out of 29 restaurants — more than two-thirds — served alcohol to underage teens.

hal0g0dv2 11-16-2012 10:44 PM

ouch that is a hefty fine dam

k3mps 11-17-2012 12:17 AM

Was at Ebisu tonight, great service.
Not sure obsideon if you're the host ?
If you are, you did a great job and was super friendly!

miss_crayon 11-17-2012 01:20 AM

^that was just the host. Dont think he was there tonight

Oysters were fresh ta'death. SO GOOD!
Posted via RS Mobile

Durrann 11-17-2012 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 8083467)
^that was just the host. Dont think he was there tonight

Oysters were fresh ta'death. SO GOOD!
Posted via RS Mobile

Lol fresh ta death I like that
Posted via RS Mobile

Verdasco 11-17-2012 10:18 AM

to help pay back the fine, i will go there soon! :thumbs:

vanle 11-18-2012 11:17 AM

congrats and best of luck

ForeverYours 11-18-2012 09:56 PM

Might be going to this place sometime next week :thumbs:
I haven't been here in ages

I'll be bringing someone who hasn't eaten here before
Any good recommendations on things a first timer should try out?