REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 05-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #2326
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joquio View Post
WTF, so you did pick up a Pelagos?
How you liking it?
I'm on the fence on getting it too but only if I can sell my MM300. lol
Haha yes :P, it is a graduation gift from my parents.

I'm loving it blows all the other watches I own out of the water.

Makes my day when I decide to wear it, although I'm in the babying stage with it atm...super careful when opening doors lol

Definitely pop by Montecristo to have a look at it up close if you haven't already...you can appreciate all the angles and finishes such as the dial and bezel.
Advertisement
cantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:59 PM   #2327

Got lucky playing craps the other day...so I decided to pick up a slew of nato's on matte hardware with my winnings.

Here are a couple, they are from gnomonwatches by the way.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #2328
I is Romanian

Off the topic, Does any one know where i can purchase IWC Big Pilot for a decent price in Vancouver? Brinkhaus sells it for retail $15,400 + tax.
avinayyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #2329
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

lum-tec m56 from wristweapon.com

This is my first watch. So far so good. Came with 2 extra straps. The site is wristweapon.com ...I think they are the only distributor in Canada!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (81.4 KB, 0 views)
photo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #2330

sweet, that's a nice solid choice for a first watch!

I think another member just recently bought that model lum tec or something very similar too.

Edit1: Throwing up a feeler for my seiko sarb033...feel free to pm me for any details.

Last edited by cantona; 05-28-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:53 PM   #2331

sorry double post, but I tried my hand at capturing the top 3 in my rotation at the moment. I'm still a noob at photography but I'm ok with these...i think lol.

This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2013, 08:54 AM   #2332
My homepage has been set to RS

Huh?
I thought you sold your Orange Sumo. Remember seeing you FS thread on WUS.
On a side note, I have a new watch coming in in the next few days:

Breitling SuperOcean 44mm

Unlike some who shall present and loudly proclaim "Have at it master!"
joquio is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2013, 12:32 PM   #2333
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Aw shit, looks like I am going shopping again today.

TalonTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2013, 12:33 PM   #2334
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

love the colour selection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantona View Post
sorry double post, but I tried my hand at capturing the top 3 in my rotation at the moment. I'm still a noob at photography but I'm ok with these...i think lol.

TalonTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2013, 04:37 PM   #2335

Quote:
Huh?
I thought you sold your Orange Sumo. Remember seeing you FS thread on WUS.
On a side note, I have a new watch coming in in the next few days:

Breitling SuperOcean 44mm
Nope, the sumo is a regular piece for now, that FS which you saw on WUS was the steinhart I put up for sale couple months ago. I'm actually trying to flip 2 more watches, my SARB and hamilton..gotta trim the collection down.

Nice, I've tried the SuperOcean on in person before, its a really solid watch. Did you look at the avenger seawolf; I know I said before I wasn't a fan of it, but its grown on me quite a bit this last while.

Did you manage to flip the MM300 then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonTurbo View Post
love the colour selection.
Thanks dude. Its nice how I ended up with the blue, black and orange, instead of black X3; plus the orange sumo is always fun to wear.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:53 PM   #2336

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantona View Post
Nope, the sumo is a regular piece for now, that FS which you saw on WUS was the steinhart I put up for sale couple months ago. I'm actually trying to flip 2 more watches, my SARB and hamilton..gotta trim the collection down.

Nice, I've tried the SuperOcean on in person before, its a really solid watch. Did you look at the avenger seawolf; I know I said before I wasn't a fan of it, but its grown on me quite a bit this last while.

Did you manage to flip the MM300 then?
Oh I see.
Yes, I actually really wanted the Avenger Seawolf with the slate grey or black dial. But couldn't find a well priced one in the last few months and then this Superocean popped up on the sales forum with a good price and I snatched it.
Can't wait for it to arrive.

Still have the MM300 and I've pretty much sold everything else I had minus my beaters. A g-shock and a Pam homage.

Last edited by joquio; 06-01-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #2337

Quote:
Oh I see.
Yes, I actually really wanted the Avenger Seawolf with the slate grey or black dial. But couldn't find a well priced one in the last few months and then this Superocean popped up on the sales forum with a good price and I snatched it.
Can't wait for it to arrive.

Still have the MM300 and I've pretty much sold everything else I had minus my beaters. A g-shock and a Pam homage.
Awesome dude, post some pics up when it arrives; really like the touch of yellow on there.

You've gone through quite a lot of watches too, a lot of divers...which is good . Every time some random diver catches my interest, you've probably owned it at one time :P
Old 06-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #2338
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

I'm sure this question has been asked before... where do you guys take your watch to be repaired?
Phozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #2339

So I flipped 2 watches, my seiko sarb033 and hamilton ETO (to a membere here, Maxxxboost, enjoy it mate!). Picked up a new SRP black monster with some of the funds and I'm really liking it, always wanted a monster.

So my top line-up now consists of 5: the tudor, orange sumo, shark diver, black monster and visodate. I'm quite happy with this, and may pick up a sinn 556 down the road if one pops up for sale in good condition, or maybe the new halios tropik that's coming out soon.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #2340

Ssoooooooooooo..........turned out the seller for the Breitling SuperOcean 44mm was a SCAMMER!!!
Good thing I was able to get my money back through paypal (saved my ass this time).
Manage to sell my Seiko MM300 and was back to square one. Was looking to just go for my final grail and be done with this watch game by getting the Omega PO XL preferably with black bezel and orange numerals on bracelet. I have been on the look out on a good deal as this combo doesn't come up often. On my search I found a good deal on a Speedy that I just couldn't pass up.

Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch 3572.50
Hesalite front with Sapphire case back.
Look at dat movement!

This post thanked by:
Old 06-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #2341

Quote:
Ssoooooooooooo..........turned out the seller for the Breitling SuperOcean 44mm was a SCAMMER!!!
Good thing I was able to get my money back through paypal (saved my ass this time).
Manage to sell my Seiko MM300 and was back to square one. Was looking to just go for my final grail and be done with this watch game by getting the Omega PO XL preferably with black bezel and orange numerals on bracelet. I have been on the look out on a good deal as this combo doesn't come up often. On my search I found a good deal on a Speedy that I just couldn't pass up.

Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch 3572.50
Hesalite front with Sapphire case back.
Look at dat movement!
Damn, unlucky about the scammer, but at least everything worked out fine in the end!

Cot dayum, start wearing the watch upside down from now on :P
Do you think this will be a keeper in your collection, and/or are you still on the hunt for the PO?
Old 06-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #2342

Yeah, it was a trade + cash from me but good thing I followed my instinct and did not shipped out my watch yet after I sent the payment. And when I asked for the tracking number he started to come up with excuses. I did my due diligence before buying and his name and email did not come up as a scammer and even the shipping address he gave me was the Rotary Club of Singapore. Good thing Paypal sided with me promptly because he could not provide proof of shipment or tracking number even after more than 10 days since I made the payment.

LOL, I should get a nato strap for it so that I can switch between face up or down easily.
I'm already strap hunting for this one and am really looking for a nice black Rally style (small holes) leather strap for it. Di-Modell and Timefactors both have a nice one.

As for whether it's a keeper, it really depends how it wears on my wrist. I might keep it if the looks fits me. If not, I don't think I'll hesitate if I can trade it for the right combo of PO XL.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #2343

Annnnnd........it's here

Old 06-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #2344
The Fiesta Dipper

Got this Tag Heuer Formula 1 CAH1210 on a trade plus some cash for my Bell & Ross from a guy on TZ. Stainless Steel with Ceramic Coated Bezel and Band. Quartz Chronograph. Really decent piece to wear everyday. Unfortunatlu the TZ member lied to me and said it would fit 7.5" Wrist but it's at least two links to small for my wrist so I might just give it to the wife or sell it on CL or eBay. Here's a picture.
E_Fahlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:29 AM   #2345

Who here has Polywatch polish? Or anyone know where I could get some locally?
The Hesalite is very soft and prone to scratches. I want to polish it up a bit.
Trying to see if I can buy them locally before going eBay.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #2346

Trying out different straps for the speedy.
Wore it on Nato tonight for dinner.

This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #2347
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Just ordered this online to rotate with my other everyday Diesel watch. It's an Eco-Drive Nighthawk.

Also, does anybody know much about the German brand, "Junkers"? I've been thinking about getting the G-38 because it's such a simple and very appealing to me...I pm'd a couple of the guys that post a lot but looks like they don't know much about the brand either. PM if you know something!
Old 07-11-2013, 10:33 PM   #2348

Quote:
Trying out different straps for the speedy.
Wore it on Nato tonight for dinner.

First watch on the moon
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #2349
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Still waiting for Nato to grow on me.

At first I was only into leather. Then I started to like pvc/rubber. In time I'd like to try Nato... but I can't picture it on any of my watches right now. Maybe I'll get one for my diver just for the hell of it

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:31 AM   #2350

I not big on Nato or Zulu straps either. I can usually only wear it for a day and then I'll have to switch to other straps or bracelet. However, Leather Natos are different story. I really like the look and feel of leather Natos.

Looks like I'm on a streak!
This one is incoming from Japan................................
Omega Seamaster Professional 2254.50

This post thanked by: