REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 02-20-2007, 09:06 PM   #1
Banned (BBM)

*OFFICIAL* RS - Playstation 3 Thread

Since there is a Wii community thread, i figiured i might as well as open a thread up for the PS3, because today is the day i step into the dark side and welcome into the PS3...while my Wii gets put aside sucking dust until Mario games are released :P

look here for some quick reviews of games, inital reactions you guys might have, or just wanna talk about it.

Anybody knows how to get online?¢×know for the Wii it just simply detects itself (i got wireless router) and it got connected to the internet just like tat.

Now today while i was tryin to hook up the wireless it said i might need cord cable to plug from my wall to the PS3¡]came with it) i thought its wireless wifi? am i missing something here? why didnt it detect my wireless router like the Wii?

So far im very impressed with the RIdge racer 7. And this is coming from a guy who finished over 60% of RIdge racer 6 on xbox-360. THe RR7 on the PS3 allows u to modify the vehicle a bit...and its more challenge than the 360 version. Resistance is alrit....gears of war is definitely better..
Felt it was a little bit overated? IGN.com gave it a 9.1/10?? i think its more like a 8 - 8.5/10 game

Advertisement

Last edited by Mugen EvOlutioN; 02-20-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:59 PM   #2
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,847 Times in 8,209 Posts
I have all 3 consoles, but I don't have any games for the PS3. Still waiting for a decent game to come out... I have downloaded all the demos that are available, but still haven't come across anything good. I'll probably get F1 when it comes out

So most of my gameplay time still goes to the Wii and 360

Genji is one of the most gorgeous games I've seen though.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:10 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

i never used the wifi,cuz i plug it in using the gigabit lan port
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:22 PM   #4

Mugen do you have the 20GB or the 60GB version?
Old 02-20-2007, 10:52 PM   #5
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

he mentioned about WiFi, which only comes with 60Gbs version
There is a time when you have to sig a post.

It just happened.
wouwou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:08 PM   #6

But he mentioned that he can't find his Wi-Fi settings. If he has the 20GB that would explain why
Old 02-21-2007, 05:50 AM   #7
Banned (BBM)

oh woops... sorry forgot to mention i got the 60gb version

it also comes with those LAN cables...

so im a little bit confused..just got it yestserday..so dont really know how to set it up
Old 02-21-2007, 06:20 AM   #8
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

i just plugged one of my spare rj45 cables from my router into my PS3. At that point I played with some settings in the menu and I had internet connection. Go into the menu's and play around, you'll get it as it is not that hard to do.

I will be getting F1 when it is released on the 28th (i believe that is the launch date). This is the first game since launch that I have been excited about for the PS3 as I am a big fan of racing games and I love F1 racing. The demo was pretty good too.
Koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:31 PM   #9
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

if you guys enjoy golf, the career mode in Tiger Woods golf is pretty entertaining
Eclypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:39 PM   #10
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,132 Times in 237 Posts
I'm still waiting and crossing fingers to hope that sumday they fix the scaling issues with the ps3...

All i have is Resistance and i refuse to play the game, i have one of those older HDTVs that only support 480p and 1080i.. and Resistance looks crap in 480p...

I rented Ridge Racer the other day, looks nice running on 1080i, but still dissapointed with the graphics..

I mostly use my ps3 for Blu ray, until a decent game with 1080i support comes out.. or fix the scaling issues..

Has anyone picked up the Blu Ray remote? how is it?
dub.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:44 PM   #11
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I have the F1 2006 game in Japanese, pretty interesting but hella hard, but it's the last F1 game with Schmey in it so I had to buy it

The free GT HD game is worth the download, so get that

If you know someone with a HK Credit card account borrow it and open a Playstation Store account with Hong Kong locale so you can d/l Tekken 5 for $125 HKD

So far I've got NBA 2K7, Genji, Ultimate Alliance, Ridge Racer 7 . Nothing captures me so far so I'm hopping for some better games soon
ashtaron14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:05 PM   #12

Re: *OFFICIAL* RS - Playstation 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by Mugen EvOlutioN
Since there is a Wii community thread, i figiured i might as well as open a thread up for the PS3, because today is the day i step into the dark side and welcome into the PS3...while my Wii gets put aside sucking dust until Mario games are released :P

look here for some quick reviews of games, inital reactions you guys might have, or just wanna talk about it.

Anybody knows how to get online?¢×know for the Wii it just simply detects itself (i got wireless router) and it got connected to the internet just like tat.

Now today while i was tryin to hook up the wireless it said i might need cord cable to plug from my wall to the PS3¡]came with it) i thought its wireless wifi? am i missing something here? why didnt it detect my wireless router like the Wii?

So far im very impressed with the RIdge racer 7. And this is coming from a guy who finished over 60% of RIdge racer 6 on xbox-360. THe RR7 on the PS3 allows u to modify the vehicle a bit...and its more challenge than the 360 version. Resistance is alrit....gears of war is definitely better..
Felt it was a little bit overated? IGN.com gave it a 9.1/10?? i think its more like a 8 - 8.5/10 game

This should help with the wifi issue

http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...twireless.html

http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...nectwired.html

Quote:
Originally posted by Marco911
Must be funny when he sees his psychiatrist for treatment of his delusions of grandeur.

Hyde: "See my black Ferrari parked in the handicapped spot outside your office"
Doctor: "Where? All I see is a Yaris."
Hyde: "It's a Ferrari dammit! LoL! Yaris!?"
Doctor: " I'd appreciate if you didn't park in the handicap spots."
Hyde: "LOL! The ticket is only like $500 bucks. In fact, my dad's factory makes the handicapped street signs. If you look closely at vegetable in the wheelchair, it's really a picture of me when I was born."
Doctor: "Here, come a little closer you won't feel this at all."<Injects 20cc of Haloperidol>
Hyde: "I feel woozy...hey, what did you do to my Ferrari? That's a real piece of shit parked in my spot."
Doctor: "Welcome to reality."
Guy_LikeWhoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:06 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally posted by SkinnyPupp
I have all 3 consoles, but I don't have any games for the PS3. Still waiting for a decent game to come out... I have downloaded all the demos that are available, but still haven't come across anything good. I'll probably get F1 when it comes out

So most of my gameplay time still goes to the Wii and 360

Genji is one of the most gorgeous games I've seen though.
have you downloaded the motorstorm demo? that game looks like a lot of fun

Quote:
Must be funny when he sees his psychiatrist for treatment of his delusions of grandeur.

Hyde: "LOL! The ticket is only like $500 bucks. In fact, my dad's factory makes the handicapped street signs. If you look closely at vegetable in the wheelchair, it's really a picture of me when I was born."
Doctor: "Here, come a little closer you won't feel this at all."<Injects 20cc of Haloperidol>
Hyde: "I feel woozy...hey, what did you do to my Ferrari? That's a real piece of shit parked in my spot."
Old 02-21-2007, 06:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally posted by dub.g
I'm still waiting and crossing fingers to hope that sumday they fix the scaling issues with the ps3...

All i have is Resistance and i refuse to play the game, i have one of those older HDTVs that only support 480p and 1080i.. and Resistance looks crap in 480p...

I rented Ridge Racer the other day, looks nice running on 1080i, but still dissapointed with the graphics..

I mostly use my ps3 for Blu ray, until a decent game with 1080i support comes out.. or fix the scaling issues..

Has anyone picked up the Blu Ray remote? how is it?
scaling issues have been fixed as far as i'm aware. get the latest sytem update. i think they've released 1.51 so far

Quote:

Old 02-21-2007, 08:11 PM   #15

Thanked 1,132 Times in 237 Posts
^^^^ i meant the upscaling and downscaling issues

the last firmware fixed the ps2 game resolutions..

or have they fixed it? hmm i need to check it out

basically what the ps3's problem that the 360 has solved since their launch date is the scaling chip

the 360 has a scaling chip that allows for those who doesnt have certain resolutions on their tv to be upscaled to much more suited resolution.. considering how the 360 came out a year earlier, why didn't Sony included the scaling chip on theirs..

majority of the games out for ps3 right now only supports up to 720p resolution.... without the upscaling chip, all games that i play for ps3 in my HDTV is displayed in DVD quality.. not HD quality.. 480p...

Game reviewers even doubted that Sony couldn't solve this downscaling issue through firmware updates......... but im crossing my fingers..
dub.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:35 PM   #16
Banned (BBM)

ok so i fixed my internet connection..i got internet on my PS3 now

now where do u guyz download all the demos???

and wtf? i thought all the games now tat got released would be 1080p!! wtf

wat resolutoin am i playing rit now??? say for Resistance and Ridge racer 7???

dont tell me its 720p
Old 02-21-2007, 09:49 PM   #17

it is.
ienhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:19 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally posted by dub.g
^^^^ i meant the upscaling and downscaling issues

the last firmware fixed the ps2 game resolutions..

or have they fixed it? hmm i need to check it out

basically what the ps3's problem that the 360 has solved since their launch date is the scaling chip

the 360 has a scaling chip that allows for those who doesnt have certain resolutions on their tv to be upscaled to much more suited resolution.. considering how the 360 came out a year earlier, why didn't Sony included the scaling chip on theirs..

majority of the games out for ps3 right now only supports up to 720p resolution.... without the upscaling chip, all games that i play for ps3 in my HDTV is displayed in DVD quality.. not HD quality.. 480p...

Game reviewers even doubted that Sony couldn't solve this downscaling issue through firmware updates......... but im crossing my fingers..

that's really weird. When I bought resistance, I had the video output to 1080i, and when i loaded the game, it told me it played at 720p, but it scaled it to 1080i

Maybe it's just mine? but it didn't play at 480 for me.

Quote:

Old 02-22-2007, 07:41 PM   #19
Banned (BBM)

Tatz wat happened to mine

on the Resistance the box says 720p

BUt on the tv it actually displays 1080i

By the way i just picked up VIrtual FIghter 5

ughh NOT IMPRESSED!!!

IGN gave 8.8/10!!! wtf

the fighting sequence is still like the same old shit...not fun at all...i'd prefer the street fighter style better..

anyhow pretty disappointed on this purchase
Old 02-22-2007, 09:35 PM   #20

damn. that's too bad. I had high hopes for that game. oh well, now i won't waste $69. thanks for the heads up

Quote:

Old 02-22-2007, 11:51 PM   #21
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Mugen I'll pick up Virtua Fighter from you if u wanna sell it
LanEvoMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:46 AM   #22
Banned (BBM)

LOL¢ñ¡@will let u know if i wonna sell it soon

Since im screwing the Wii....im focusing on the PS3, and i got the feeling to collect some games ...haha
Old 02-23-2007, 02:19 PM   #23
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

hahha not again... I will perhaps purchase a ps3 later when they come with the first bundle sale at work.
honda_h2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:22 PM   #24
Banned (BBM)

LOL im such a collector...or wonna be??

lol picked up NBA 2k7 today..

waiting for my friend to hook me up with Fight night round 3 and homecourt

Old 02-23-2007, 08:26 PM   #25
Banned (BBM)

nvm

Last edited by Mugen EvOlutioN; 02-25-2007 at 12:12 AM.