REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-24-2007, 04:25 PM   #26
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
salesmans are retards if they discuss price BEFORE you test drive it. thats just stupid.
Advertisement
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:42 PM   #27
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
do this... it's the best way to screw him right back...

go talk to the main manager and tell him that the salesman Steven just cost the dealership a sale with his rude behavior. I guarantee that he'll either get in big crap or fired.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:28 PM   #28
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Adon

go talk to the main manager and tell him that the salesman Steven just cost the dealership a sale with his rude behavior. I guarantee that he'll either get in big crap or fired.
yeah, you have to know most people will just leave and rant on RS, rather than deal with it with the manager
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:10 PM   #29
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sexyaccord
fack i wonder if its the same steven cheung that went to Killarney.

is he like early 20's honger dude?
nah older dude mid 40s
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:12 PM   #30
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Adon

+1 for me also
TypeRNammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:43 AM   #31
RS controls my life!

i bought another car last year at Morrey Mazda, Great service, VIP package.....

btw, Richmond Acura is own by DCH trading ltd a Hong Kong company........

LOL

for my friends unlocking/2nd hand phones page
airwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:44 AM   #32
RS controls my life!

btw, he did call me back last sat and I Said to him, I bought it at Lougheed Acura and I told him he was rude

for my friends unlocking/2nd hand phones page
airwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:37 PM   #33

Had a similar situation with Abbotsford Chrysler. Coiencidentily enough, also own and ran by a Chinese family. Anyway, it was Dec 1996 and I was in the market for a new Dodge Avenger ES an to trade my 1988 Mustang GT. They had a demo 96 ES on the lot in black. I test drove it and was talking to a rather nice sales guy (white, if that matters, and I'm white). So he says he's leaving early that day for a vacation and my car was over at nearby MSA Ford getting an exhaust recall performed, so he said lets just write up the agreement but without numbers so that when your car is ready to be looked at for trade-in, the paperwork is ready to go should you decide to buy. If not, no worries, we'll just tear it up. Okay, so he introduces me to the finance manager (older white guy) and then leaves. I sit down and the guy is writing some numbers but I'm not paying a whole lot of attention since I knew at that moment I wasn't going to buying right then. Not until they had a look at my car. Then I'd be dealing on price. So anyway, this guy writes up a sales contract and wants me to sign it, like I was buying the car! I was like "Uh no, hold the phone. Dude told me this was all preliminary, subject to my car being inspected by you guys. We haven't even dealt on price". Of course, the contract was for the full sale price of the new car and I don't even remember what kinda insult price he gave me for trade in. Might have been $4000. Well he calls in the Sales Manager (owners cocky son) and he starts in to me that I'm in there playing games and wasting time. Brought along another sales guy to stare me down as well. So now I got 3 guys at me in a small office. I stayed reserved but let them know this was NOT the deal that the now-gone sales guy told me it was and I wasn't buying jack. I left.

I ended up buying a brand NEW 97 ES from Carter Dodge in Burnaby and paid LESS than the 96 demo was at Abby. On the way from bringing it home, my older brother was with me. We stopped in at Abby Chrysler. He went in while I was out front of their big showroom windows. He asked for the sales manager. He wasn't in, so he said "See that car out there? My brother just bought it from Carter Dodge because your sales staff were complete dicks to him. Have a nice day and be sure to tell your manager that." I waved :wave: Oh, I sold my Mustang privately for $9000 and used that as down payment for the new car. Trade-ins suck.

Two years later, I'm still living in Abby and am interested in ordering a 99 Dakota R/T. I decided to give them a chance since they were the local dealer. Talked to a nice sales guy again. The sales manager recognized me and gave me a smug look. They offered me a ridiculously low amount for my 2 year old mint condition car ($11k on a car that stickered for $25k). Plus they talked about "fair profit" of $1000 to order the truck from them. I said they were ridiculous and left. They said good luck getting more for my car. A few days later I was on my way back from Mission to Burnaby where I work and I stopped in at SuperDaves. I told them what I wanted for the new truck, laid out the sticker and invoice pricing and options, told them what I needed for my Avenger and said "You want a sale? Give me those numbers and I'll sign right now." I meant business and they could see that. 15 min. later, I had my deal And I got 15,500 for my Avenger. Quite a difference from 11k. And they only wanted 500 over invoice to order the truck. Another 500 saved.

Oh, and before I ever went to Abby Chrysler, my sister in law wanted a 92 Daytona Iroc R/T they had on their lot. This was 1994. Yes, it had sat on their lot for 2 years. They gave her a trade-in price of which she liked, so my brother took the car home, emptied it, cleaned it up and brought it back, ready to drive away the new Daytona. Well they changed their tune and said there was no way they could give that much for the trade. They renegged on the deal! So he gave them a few choice words and left.

Yes, Abbotsford Chrysler is crap. 3 situations tell me so. Only if they had new ownership would I consider going back.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:41 PM   #34
RS Veteran

I always have bad services at Richmond dealerships. Richmond Toyota, Richmond MB, Richmond Infiniti, and Lansdowne GM are places I will never return. The only two Richmond dealers that have good salesmen are Richmond Audi and Richmond Lexus. Because of that, I am unlikely car shopping at Richmond anymore.

They posted a lot 25 to 50 posts per day. 90% of the posts where full sentences and they always stayed on topic.

The posts where all in good humour and topical (most of the time).

It was not the quantity of posts it was based on quality.

Only a few ROOGP are left on RS as most of the ROOGP got fed up of the BS that the new breed of Post Whores are putting up in here.
TRD3000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:58 PM   #35
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,408 Times in 5,094 Posts
+1 for Richmond Lexus, old grandpa white guy there didn't even hesitate to run and get a demo plate to take a 5-spd IS300 out for a drive with me a few years back when I was in there and I probably did not sound serious.

Richmond Audi is okay, but they act so hoity-toity and smug. I would never buy a car in Richmond, the salespeople have it way too easy there with all the foreigners walking in with suitcases full of cash they don't even have to try to sell cars or negotiate on price.

Even in Honda when my buddy was deciding between a Civic and a Corolla nd the Civic was more expensive by like $400 because of the Toyota grad rebate, the Honda guy said "So, go buy the Corolla then" and I'm like "Are you serious?" and he said "If you wanted HOnda quality, you would pay the extra $400, we're not budging from MSRP... in fact you'd be lucky to get floormats thrown in on this car"... wow... talk about cocky f_ckers who don't have to work for their sales!
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:33 PM   #36
I STILL don't get it

^ old grandpa? you mean Skip? LOL.could be eh??
anyways,OP,if you want a CSX,try NorthShore and tell the receptionist you would like to see Ian Quinn,if he's not there,get Richard Kim,Ian probably won't deal with you directly,but Richard definitely will.It's the end of the month,deal time! errr,forget about Alan Sum,cauz seems that you don't like people from HK.

Last edited by tomcaca; 05-25-2007 at 11:38 PM.
tomcaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:53 AM   #37
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

haha lets start a prank on that sales rep......

Call them and ask for steven and when he answers just swear at him and hang up lol

I really hate rude people who disrespects customers. As a waiter, I learn to value my customers. Its just so stupid get your customers unhappy and mad.

From my experience, by giving good service I get a decent tip. I guess this "Sales Rep at richmond Acura" is just gonna lose all his commission and customers very soon.

It just seems like he doesn't enjoy his job. I think he is working in the wrong department. Maybe he should do something else that suits his personality better. Customer service is definitely not on his priority list lol

I think he might need an x-ray....cuz something is probably up his ass lol

Last edited by Drift_Monkey; 05-26-2007 at 02:56 AM.
Drift_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:25 AM   #38
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally posted by ctsport
Vancouver Acura (Burrad?) has great service, go there
Heard the same! Give them a visit!
b0nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:42 AM   #39
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally posted by TRD3000GT
I always have bad services at Richmond dealerships. Richmond Toyota, Richmond MB, Richmond Infiniti, and Lansdowne GM are places I will never return. The only two Richmond dealers that have good salesmen are Richmond Audi and Richmond Lexus. Because of that, I am unlikely car shopping at Richmond anymore.
Just bought a new car at Mercedes Richmond, I had excellent service.
Todd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:10 PM   #40
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

YES talked to that steven guy at richmond acura. DAMN he is soo cocky and has this big attitude.

Mercedes and Lexus service is excellent!
kchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 02:31 AM   #41
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

There's asshole salesman everywhere, not just car dealers. I know that Steven guy too, talked to him, he was cocky until he knows my father knows the boss, managers, and the mechanics. I bought my car there fairly cheap, but I hear ALOT of bad things from Richmond Acura. ONe of the guys I know wanted to start some Newspaper posting about not going to RIchmond Acura to buy a car too. So if it's that serious to you, start a petition.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:04 AM   #42
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

This Steven guy used to work at Audi of Richmond as well. He sounds to be acting the same damn way.
Afour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 03:28 PM   #43
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

damn...oh ya...one more thing...he went out for a smoke WHILE he trying to do a sale with my dad.
kchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 03:44 PM   #44
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

congrats on the new ride!
bomexintegra02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:23 PM   #45
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Actually i was at Open Road Toyota in the Richmond auto mall a few weeks back looking at the Yaris Hatchback.

There was a japanese sales there...i was super impressed by his attitude. Very patiently walked me through all the details, specs of the car and discussed the financial terms etc etc...

Props to that guy...
Old 05-28-2007, 02:00 PM   #46
I don't get it

wait wait wait!

I had a GOOD experience with richmond acura!

i bought a blue csx there around october last year!

everything went well, i forgot who my sales man was but all i know is they were quite nice and sold me the car at a price i dont think anyone ever got. the car is brand new of course like 6 or 8 kms.

sometimes its the luck of the drow i guess.
monkymadnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:15 PM   #47
I subscribe to the Revscene JB thread(s)

I brought my A3 from Steve in August 05. He has gone through every details before test drive, all the infos on leasing vs financing vs buying and even more details when taken delivery. Very good price + a free set of plastic floor mats with A3 emblems. He was able to locate a Brilliant Red A3 Sport/Xenon/DSG without Skyview from Capliano for dealer trade. If we didn't get the A3 SB without Skyview, we already brought a Passat instead.

I still remember when he was working at Clarkdale. He let me test drove both 96 B5 A4 and C4 A6 2.8 Quattro up the snow-packed slope to QE Park in winter, in order to explain the "Quattro Advantage". The way we test drove was like the way Audi commericals for 100 and A6.

I even referred 2 of my friends to him when he started to work for Richmond Acura. They brought CSX Premium and TSX, both are satisfied with his works.

As someone who knows how the auto industry works. Sometimes its the sales manager who can't give the good deal, so salesperson who acts as the middleman, would stuck in the middle between customer and sales manager. As for attitudes, customers should look at salesperson as "human being" as they are also working as a sales to make a living.

I don't want to argue who is a good or bad salesperson. But, you know, customer should also think whether that deal is reasonable when hagging the price.

Last edited by A4 Tom; 05-28-2007 at 02:38 PM.
A4 Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 03:09 PM   #48
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Ive also dealt with steven cheung when my brother bought a TSX. He is really nice until you start to talk about price and what not. I also had a similiar experience with him getting mad at me for not buying the car. I went to burrard acura 2 hours later, got a better price and a polite sales lady.
C5_Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:31 PM   #49

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Richmond Acura prior experiences

1 04 TL 'premium'- brand new in 04 - $4K off sticker

1 07 TL-S - approx. $3.5K off sticker

just learn how to haggle...

maybe don't go with your mum?

See Gurp, I usually hate dealing with people, but he treated us very well...

Last edited by 4444; 05-28-2007 at 10:33 PM.
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:48 PM   #50
I STILL don't get it

discount discount discount,people all talk about discounts,they don't even give a damn that richmond acura is the biggest headache for the lowermainland acura dealerships,well,"we are consumers"right? my ass
tomcaca is offline   Reply With Quote