REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-26-2008, 10:53 AM   #76
I am Hook'd on RS

I dont know about you guys, but I always have salesmen from all dealerships, eager to give me a test drive. I have been to richmond acura, and they do seem like they dont want to waste too much time on the selling of the car, like they were annoyed of me being in their presence. Doesnt really matter tho, Burrard Acura is great, top notch guys, and very upfront.
Advertisement
bmwman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:57 PM   #77
FX
I am Hook'd on RS

Sales people will be sales people.
My uncle works there.
He is so chill and laid-back.
"Larry" is his name, tell him Cody sent you and maybe it will be easier to work things out.
FX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:02 PM   #78
Banned By Establishment

My only thing with Richmond Acura, is that they were buying 02-04 RSX wings that were replica (they had 2 holes drilled in the bottom, and cheaper material), and selling as OEM.
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:46 PM   #79
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

i think i know this steven cheung's son... i think
scheng924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:49 PM   #80
..its so... big

OH GAD! I bought my '06 TL with my parents from him, luckily my dad is a kickass lowballer so we robbed him good.
40ft e-Peen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:07 PM   #81
regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZRoadster View Post
Did u plan on buying it if it was up to your standards? Thats why salesman always write up a sale subject to test drive. B/c whats the point to let u drive around their car, waste his time for a possible sale from another customer, when you are not sure if you will buy it. If you say you after driving it, you still had to compare to a few other used ones, then u shouldnt waste his time, no one knows what will happen the next day.
Wtf are you talking about? People shouldnt be test driving multiple cars when trying to decide between different models? The salesman is doing you a favor by letting you drive a car that you may not buy? You're wasting his time if you're not 100% on buying the car? Newsflash chief, people like to actually drive cars to compare them when theyre dropping a large sum of money. What a concept.

If you haven't noticed, this is the exact salesman attitude dozens of people have complained about in this thread. The customer is doing YOU a favor by taking time out of his day to let you show him your product. NOT the other way around.

Last edited by jigga250; 03-26-2008 at 08:27 PM.
jigga250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:40 PM   #82
FX
I am Hook'd on RS

^^^Well Put^^^
FX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:41 AM   #83
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigga250 View Post

If you haven't noticed, this is the exact salesman attitude dozens of people have complained about in this thread. The customer is doing YOU a favor by taking time out of his day to let you show him your product. NOT the other way around.

exactly what i was thinking..
i had to squeeze out a lot of time from my busy schedual to test drive cars back then..
especially during all my midterms..
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:58 PM   #84
Hyde's Understudy

you guys had to squeeze time out of your day to see a product they are selling? So you think thats helping them?

Whatever sales your in, i doubt you would want some guy trying your product and then asking you many questions and then not buying or using your product right?

Asking for a deposit or commitment on buying before trying is perfectly fine when you are trying a car thats like a chunk of money.

From my experience ppl who commit on pen and paper, or put a deposit before test driving buy the vehicle 80% of the time if not 90% , this is just a fact i've seen and you can debate on it or not.

In all thats said and done, when i was in car sales, even if the customer didnt commit or put a deposit down, i'd still go on a test drive with them...makes your productivity look like shit to the boss though. Test driving 15 -20 different ppl to get a sale, thats very bad. So thats why they wanna keep test drives down to a minimum unless you were serious, hence the deposit to show you are serious. Its 100% refundable anyways, so i dont see why not put a deposit before trying.
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:44 PM   #85

i don't know.. but it seems everything i go to a dealership.. salespeople are eager to let me drive the car.. they just copy my license and drive i go.. no deposit required...

i didn't deal with this "Steven Cheung" at Richmond Acura. but this other lady... i still didn't buy the CSX tech because i bought an Accord from middlegate instead.. but i think the lady that helped me was the only nice sales there... i've talked to other sales at richmond acura before and they were very.. well.. sales people i guess
scheng924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:16 PM   #86

i'm sure some just want to get off the lot and let the car do the talking, while others have learned other ways to use their time more effectively.

-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
she's a whore. you're a loser.
in the garage:
'05 Dodge Ram 2500
'06 BMW 530i
'08 Chevy Equinox LT
the_rickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:42 PM   #87
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
you guys had to squeeze time out of your day to see a product they are selling? So you think thats helping them?

Whatever sales your in, i doubt you would want some guy trying your product and then asking you many questions and then not buying or using your product right?

Asking for a deposit or commitment on buying before trying is perfectly fine when you are trying a car thats like a chunk of money.

From my experience ppl who commit on pen and paper, or put a deposit before test driving buy the vehicle 80% of the time if not 90% , this is just a fact i've seen and you can debate on it or not.

In all thats said and done, when i was in car sales, even if the customer didnt commit or put a deposit down, i'd still go on a test drive with them...makes your productivity look like shit to the boss though. Test driving 15 -20 different ppl to get a sale, thats very bad. So thats why they wanna keep test drives down to a minimum unless you were serious, hence the deposit to show you are serious. Its 100% refundable anyways, so i dont see why not put a deposit before trying.
hmm... then how would you convince people that what you are selling is good? I do get your point tho, and I bought my car w/o test driving it. (Actually, I bought 2 cars w/o test driving). But I think it would be more logical to think most people would want to test drive before buying. And in some cases, I decided not to buy a car (i.e. IS) after test drove it.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:58 PM   #88
regulator

maybe its different in Vancouver but every dealer i've ever been to has been more than happy to offer test drives to even casual shoppers without some ridiculous deposit or "commitment to buying". To someone who may be torn between several models, this may come across as overly pushy, and even possibly swing them towards the competition.

Last edited by jigga250; 03-27-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:05 PM   #89
regulator

Quote:

Is test driving, and potentially buying a car that they're selling, NOT helping them? Theres plenty of other brands and dealerships to choose from, and most good dealers realize this and appreciate your business. Maybe this attitude that you're doing the customer a favor by showing them the car is why you're no longer in the business?

Buying a car isnt exactly like buying a shirt, or a magazine subscription, or any other sales jobs. Most smart buyers will test drive, and compare, several different models, the majority of which they won't buy, and thats a cost of doing business. Of course a salesman doesnt WANT to not sell a car, but most good ones will realize that they can gain future business even if they don't make a sale by being helpful and friendly....whether that business be from the test driver himself when he is in a more comfortable financial situation, or through referrals of his good experience.

Last edited by jigga250; 03-27-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:50 PM   #90
Hyde's Understudy

^^ im no longer in the business b/c of personal reasons not b/c i cant get a job as a car sales,

im quite smart and kno what i want in a car, thats why i do my research before buying a car. From cars i'ved owned let me tell u i havent test drove like 90% of them

Civic SiR , first model year, orderd it without testing
Prelude SH, did a trade in again no test drive
S2000 again no test drive, ordered it
A4 3.0 again no test drive
S2000 again , this one i did test drive since it was modified and used
STi, didnt test drive this one as well eventho it was used
Mini Cooper S, didnt test drive as i ordered a automatic which they didnt have on the lot
350Z roadster, had a quick spin, but i was ready to buy already, it was just i wanted a quick spin for excitement.

As you see, most ppl who buy a car already come into the dealership knowing more bout the car than your average salesperson. you think ppl who ordered the GT-R had test drives to compare with Porsche, corvette, m3, etcc...?

BUT in conclusion, the public will always have its views on car salesman
and car salesman will always have their views and how to deal with customers
theres no right or wrong way
Old 03-27-2008, 10:03 PM   #91
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX View Post
Sales people will be sales people.
My uncle works there.
He is so chill and laid-back.
"Larry" is his name, tell him Cody sent you and maybe it will be easier to work things out.
larry is a good guy! he has such a mint ef civic too. i worked on it a couple times when i worked there.

there will be asshats working at any place you go to, either mcdonalds or a car dealership! dont get me started on the parts guys at signature mazda..
nickmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:02 PM   #92
Banned (ABWS)

I refuse to deal with anyone in Richmond, especially the anyone in the Richmond Automall.

When I first went car hunting I went to the Toyota dealership, the Honda dealership amongst others and they treated me like shit.

Went to Lougheed and walked out in half an hour with a sweet price, and a car to boot.
Grandstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:06 PM   #93
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
^^ im no longer in the business b/c of personal reasons not b/c i cant get a job as a car sales,

im quite smart and kno what i want in a car, thats why i do my research before buying a car. From cars i'ved owned let me tell u i havent test drove like 90% of them

Mini Cooper S, didnt test drive as i ordered a automatic which they didnt have on the lot
350Z roadster, had a quick spin, but i was ready to buy already, it was just i wanted a quick spin for excitement.

As you see, most ppl who buy a car already come into the dealership knowing more bout the car than your average salesperson. you think ppl who ordered the GT-R had test drives to compare with Porsche, corvette, m3, etcc...?

Pfft your pathetic, I can't wait till you drop a ton of money on a car you don't end up liking.

Yes I would imagine they did, considering when you are dropping 80k on a car you might want to know whether you like it or not. Though I understand that those people who want that car want that car most likely for a particular reason, it is a good idea to be an informed consumer.
Grandstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:25 PM   #94
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:

I will never buy a car without test driving it. It doesn't matter if it's a used 1994 Honda Civic or a brand new Ferrari F430. I can do as much research as I want but until I feel how a car drives and handles, everthing I read and hear about is merely someone else's point of view. I was this close to buying a Nissan Versa until I test drove it. Everyone said itwas a fun car. It felt like absolutely shit to me.

If I go into a dealership and the salesperson says I have to place a deposit and/or sign a contract of any kind, I'll tell them to bugger off and simply talk to a different salesperson and/or go to another dealership. It's that simple. Sure, I might not be willing to buy the very day I test drive (impulse buys are always bad) but if I like the car and decide to buy it, you can be sure as hell that I'll buy it from the same sales person who was ever so helpful to me.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:44 AM   #95
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

meh, I bought my 08 TL-S and had no problems dealing with Steven... ><''
(604) White 2014 BMW 335i xDrive, 05/15 - 01/17
(604) Blue 2017 BMW 240i xDrive, 01/17 - 12/20
(604) White 2021 Tesla Model 3 SR+, 12/20 - Present
ntan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:24 AM   #96
My homepage has been set to RS

Bottom line is, you want my money? You better fucking let me have a test drive.

Last edited by Jackygor; 03-28-2008 at 01:24 AM.
Jackygor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:37 AM   #97
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Salespeople are expendable. Happy & content customers only result in more and repeat business.
mrzambaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:52 AM   #98
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
I will never buy a car without test driving it. It doesn't matter if it's a used 1994 Honda Civic or a brand new Ferrari F430. I can do as much research as I want but until I feel how a car drives and handles, everthing I read and hear about is merely someone else's point of view. I was this close to buying a Nissan Versa until I test drove it. Everyone said itwas a fun car. It felt like absolutely shit to me.

If I go into a dealership and the salesperson says I have to place a deposit and/or sign a contract of any kind, I'll tell them to bugger off and simply talk to a different salesperson and/or go to another dealership. It's that simple. Sure, I might not be willing to buy the very day I test drive (impulse buys are always bad) but if I like the car and decide to buy it, you can be sure as hell that I'll buy it from the same sales person who was ever so helpful to me.

well put
209.247.83.192:27015
JackAss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:28 AM   #99
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstand View Post
Pfft your pathetic, I can't wait till you drop a ton of money on a car you don't end up liking.

Yes I would imagine they did, considering when you are dropping 80k on a car you might want to know whether you like it or not. Though I understand that those people who want that car want that car most likely for a particular reason, it is a good idea to be an informed consumer.
i agree.... he is pathetic....
big//TRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:47 PM   #100
Hyde's Understudy

^^^ you guys make me laugh

so im pathetic b/c i dont test drive cars before i buy it?
u can have your opinion, but a car is a car, i dont track it, so just daily commuting in a car that i like is enuff for me. Im sure every car out there drives fine, even a 10K Kia, b/c they have done enuff R&D to make it acceptable.