REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-20-2015, 08:57 AM   #176
Rs has made me the man i am today!

This whole thread should be emailed to the management of Richmond Acura. Or even Honda Canada
Advertisement
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:11 AM   #177
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
This whole thread should be emailed to the management of Richmond Acura. Or even Honda Canada
I am not disagreeing with this remark. But I honestly do not believe any difference will be made even when the dealership management receives this, and even less will be done if Honda Canada is notified of it. Dealership culture is ingrained into all levels of their staff, and the sales model, from manufacturer to independent dealerships, from store manager to sales manager right down to the sales person... Nothing has changed, and I don't think anything will as long as independent dealerships exist.

Bear in mind that the consumer culture with car sales is also to blame. If at least 80% of the "customers" are tire kickers, you can't blame the sales staff for their unwillingness to provide good customer service.

At the end of the day, the dealership car sales model is not about customer service -- it is about extracting $$$ while expending the least amount of effort. As long as that remains the mantra of the business, nothing is going to change.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2015, 09:16 AM   #178
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
I'm surprised nobody mentioned North Shore Acura.

This may be too late, but there was a younger Asian fellow who worked there. I was in the market for a TSX in manual, but none were in inventory (last model year and discontinued.) He was willing to go out of the way to let me test drive the vehicle and to work something out.

In the end, I didn't end up getting one simply because the manual option wasn't available. That and Lougheed Acura wasn't interested in getting back to me, so c'est la vie.

Any how, this may not matter anymore as this sales rep is no longer there, but I would give them a shot.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:22 AM   #179
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,180 Times in 354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
langley acura also gets my support.

i went to burrard acura back in 2010 to buy a new mdx to replace my mom's old car, but they gave us a low trade in value ($9k), and the deal ended up falling through. an uncle suggested that i go to langley which i hadn't considered because it was a 1hr drive for me at the time, and i couldn't understand what difference it would make because both belonged to dilwari. so i went and it turned out to be a great experience. they offered $3k more on the trade in, threw in some accessories, and delivered the same mdx from burrard's inventory to us. sadly the salesperson we dealt with moved on to become manager for another dealership so i have no one to recommend anymore...

on a side note, i used to take the mdx to burrard for service because it's closer. while i was waiting for it the sales manager recognized me and asked what happpened and i told him we bought from langley instead. he apologized to me for the low trade in value because he didn't have anyone in his contacts that wanted it so he couldn't offer the amount langley did, which was fine i guess.
It's nice how they offered and explanation and recognized you
AstulzerRZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:37 AM   #180
degenerate extraordinaire

As traum mentioned, imagine all year long you are dealing with tire kickers or kids who go for test drives 'for the hell of it'. You spend an hour or so going through the specifications, getting documentations ready, do a test drive, answer additional questions. They turn around and say "We will let you know", and never hear back from them again. Your level of customer service would deteriorate as well.

Assuming Richmond Acura is commission pay only, that hour was wasted completely. They didn't gain a single cent. May as well have worked at McDonald's, at least they would've made $10

Now by no means am I agreeing on their attitude, but I am just trying to see from their perspective.

When I worked lot attendant at a different dealership, some of the sales were stuck with tire kickers. Their pay cheques were almost non-existent and had to look for work elsewhere.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-22-2015, 09:43 AM   #181
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
I emailed Honda Canada already and they said that they will look into it since they also received similar complaints before addressing Steve the salesman
Jtseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:46 AM   #182

for the fellow revsceners here who can read chinese, heres another link I found complaining about him ripping off a customer on a used car

Richmond Acura(? 1) - ???? - ????????? - Powered by Discuz! Archiver
Old 08-22-2015, 09:11 PM   #183
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,859 Times in 254 Posts
I am not sure about Acura, but I've had dealings with BMW Canada and they would go out of their way to make sure the dealership involved get the job done right and customer taken care of even if it means they have to take money out of their own pocket. You'll be surprised how many big company actually responds personally and prudently to simple emails like these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
I am not disagreeing with this remark. But I honestly do not believe any difference will be made even when the dealership management receives this, and even less will be done if Honda Canada is notified of it. Dealership culture is ingrained into all levels of their staff, and the sales model, from manufacturer to independent dealerships, from store manager to sales manager right down to the sales person... Nothing has changed, and I don't think anything will as long as independent dealerships exist.

Bear in mind that the consumer culture with car sales is also to blame. If at least 80% of the "customers" are tire kickers, you can't blame the sales staff for their unwillingness to provide good customer service.

At the end of the day, the dealership car sales model is not about customer service -- it is about extracting $$$ while expending the least amount of effort. As long as that remains the mantra of the business, nothing is going to change.
JoshuaWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:41 PM   #184
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkaku View Post
As traum mentioned, imagine all year long you are dealing with tire kickers or kids who go for test drives 'for the hell of it'. You spend an hour or so going through the specifications, getting documentations ready, do a test drive, answer additional questions. They turn around and say "We will let you know", and never hear back from them again. Your level of customer service would deteriorate as well.

Assuming Richmond Acura is commission pay only, that hour was wasted completely. They didn't gain a single cent. May as well have worked at McDonald's, at least they would've made $10

Now by no means am I agreeing on their attitude, but I am just trying to see from their perspective.

When I worked lot attendant at a different dealership, some of the sales were stuck with tire kickers. Their pay cheques were almost non-existent and had to look for work elsewhere.
You're wrong and those people shouldn't be in sales with their attitudes.

First of all, just because they didn't buy or even respond, it doesn't mean it was a waste of an hour. A positive experience can be relayed to their social network and create a positive image of the dealership, which promotes more visits from others, thus more sales. Goal number 1 of any store is to get people in the door. That's why retail often uses the loss-leader tactic of sales.

Secondly, they're guaranteed at least minimum wage.

https://www.labour.gov.bc.ca/esb/fac...oned_sales.htm
Quote:
Example 2: Don sells furniture. He is paid entirely by commission and earns $750 in a two-week pay period for 80 hours of work.

During the pay period he works eight hours on a statutory holiday.
Don’s earnings for this pay period must at least equal minimum wage ($10.45 per hour, effective September 15, 2015) for all hours worked, as follows:
72 regular hours $752.40
8 hours at time and one half 125.40
Average days’ pay for stat 83.60
Total $961.40

In this case Don will be paid an extra $211.40 to make up the difference between what he earned in commissions and what he is entitled to under the Act.

Last edited by Jmac; 08-22-2015 at 09:47 PM.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2015, 12:41 AM   #185
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtseng View Post
for the fellow revsceners here who can read chinese, heres another link I found complaining about him ripping off a customer on a used car

Richmond Acura(? 1) - ???? - ????????? - Powered by Discuz! Archiver
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2015, 09:32 AM   #186
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
You're wrong and those people shouldn't be in sales with their attitudes.

First of all, just because they didn't buy or even respond, it doesn't mean it was a waste of an hour. A positive experience can be relayed to their social network and create a positive image of the dealership, which promotes more visits from others, thus more sales. Goal number 1 of any store is to get people in the door. That's why retail often uses the loss-leader tactic of sales.

Secondly, they're guaranteed at least minimum wage.

https://www.labour.gov.bc.ca/esb/fac...oned_sales.htm
You didn't read the first section
Salespersons who sell, or sell a lease arrangement for:

Heavy industrial or agricultural equipment, or
Sailing or motor vessels
are excluded from the minimum wage, overtime and statutory holiday requirements of the Act.
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:32 AM   #187
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I'm surprised nobody mentioned North Shore Acura.

This may be too late, but there was a younger Asian fellow who worked there. I was in the market for a TSX in manual, but none were in inventory (last model year and discontinued.) He was willing to go out of the way to let me test drive the vehicle and to work something out.

In the end, I didn't end up getting one simply because the manual option wasn't available. That and Lougheed Acura wasn't interested in getting back to me, so c'est la vie.

Any how, this may not matter anymore as this sales rep is no longer there, but I would give them a shot.
I also had a good experience at North Shore Acura. Was in the market for a SUV and a young Asian sales staff was very helpful and offered us a test drive 2 minutes before they close on a stat day. He also stayed after we came back from the test drive to work out all the numbers then told us to think about it, try other brands and come back to him if we end up choosing an Acura. In the end, we went with Lexus NX
fishCak3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:19 PM   #188
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minoru_tanaka View Post

Sailing or motor vessels
are excluded from the minimum wage, overtime and statutory holiday requirements of the Act.
Auto sales are only exempt from overtime. Minimum wage still applies.

Motor vessels is referring to boats.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 05:05 PM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru_blue View Post
Old 08-28-2015, 06:47 PM   #190
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,907 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkaku View Post

If anyone gets a job as a salesperson and expects to only interact with people who will be making a purchase that day, then I'm sorry but they chose the wrong career. Is it shitty? Yes, but it's part of the job. Don't like it? Get a different job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minoru_tanaka View Post

Sailing or motor vessels
Tell me, which one of those four are sold at Acura dealerships, because I've never seen any of them on a lot.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: