REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-09-2015, 12:30 AM   #151
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

cunt

seems like this dude has been around for a long time, has anyone dealt with him at Audi Richmond or Clarkdale Volkswagen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
wow this guy sounds like a real cunt

i'd still like/prefer a physical brochure to a car, especially if i'm going to buy it
Advertisement
Jtseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:42 AM   #152
Zyx
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

who buys new cars these days? I mean seriously...
I invent internet virals... STFU was one and now Pizza cat.
Zyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:26 AM   #153
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyx View Post
who buys new cars these days? I mean seriously...
lots of ppl do. without them, you can't buy their cars when they've become second hand vehicles.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:52 AM   #154
Zyx
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by death_blossom View Post
lots of ppl do. without them, you can't buy their cars when they've become second hand vehicles.
I know im joking... but seriously who buys new cars these days seriously...
I invent internet virals... STFU was one and now Pizza cat.

Last edited by Zyx; 05-09-2015 at 11:14 AM.
Zyx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-10-2015, 10:02 AM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by death_blossom View Post
correct, just traded in my civic !
Old 05-11-2015, 10:25 AM   #156

btw, anyone here drove the 2015 TLX? I just got the v6 sh-awd and its a pretty fun car !
Old 05-17-2015, 09:30 AM   #157
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtseng View Post
btw, anyone here drove the 2015 TLX? I just got the v6 sh-awd and its a pretty fun car !
not a bad car, I drove my buddies. Quite an advancement from the TL and TSX !

If i were to buy one, i'd also go for the awd version
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:16 PM   #158
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
The Acura dealership on Schoolhouse or something in Coquitlam has exceptional customer service. Went in there to take a look at the TLX, sales guy was very friendly and not too pushy. Did get me to test drive though even though I wasn't planning on it, the new auto start on those things are pretty cool

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Limitless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:41 PM   #159
I don't get it

i think richmond acura negotiating part is not good at all. my friend and his mom went to buy a used rsx. his mom negotiated a price and will give them a cheque by the next morning. but richmond acura did not believe her and they walked off.

right the next day, my friends mom handed them a cheque and richmond acura said yes. lol.
a00755836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:52 PM   #160

Update: Was having dinner with some friends and one was saying how they went to look at an MDX recently and met this Steve Cheung dude. During the whole pricing calculations (leasing), they said he would not answer any of their concerns and kept telling them to listen to him since he is an expert at this

After the test drive which took only 10 mins, they went back to his desk and he asked them "What color you want & when do you want to pick it up?"

My friend told him that they were not able to make a decision today and he threw a fit on the spot and said that they just wasted his time etc

He then told them to give him a call when they are ready and started swearing & laughing in chinese with one of his co-workers

For fellow revsceners here if you happen to know of people who are in the process of buying a car off this Steve Cheung dude, please tell them to ditch him and buy off a different sales person because it seems like everyone has had the same bad experience with this guy !
Old 08-17-2015, 10:58 PM   #161
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Was recently in Richmond Acura checking out the TLX with a friend of mine who was genuinely interested in picking one up. I have been to quite a few car dealerships and have worked at one as well, never have I experienced such a negative feeling walking into a dealership.

As soon as we walked in, all the sales personnel stayed far away and even tried to avoid our gaze. We asked for the doors for the TLX they had in the showroom to be unlocked so we could check out the interior, we were told no, and not because the car was sold, just no.

We asked for a test drive, were turned down as well even though there were plenty of sales personnel on the floor.

We were not given any information, any friendly service, actually any service at all. Have never felt so unwelcome at any dealership. It's safe to say I will never be returning to Richmond Acura.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:22 PM   #162
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Damn haha was going to check out a 2016 ILX there sometime this week. Guess the drive down to Burrard is the better option.

What is everyone's opinion on checking out cars with no intention to buy yet? I know sales guys will be pushing for a sale but me personally just want to see the car and maybe go on a quick drive to get a feel for the car. If it turns out to be a good car then yea obviously add it to the potential car list.

21' 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
23' VW MK8 GTI 40th Anniversary
18' Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
21' Ducati Streetfighter V4 S

--
16' Mineral Grey F80 BMW M3 6MT SOLD -11/22
22' Halo Toyota GR86 6MT SOLD -11/22
12' Phantom Black - B8 Audi S4 - SOLD 04/19
07' WDP Acura TL Type-S - A-Spec/ATLP/H&R - SOLD 12/17
18' Matte Silver Ice - Triumph 765 Street Triple RS - SOLD 4/21
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:32 PM   #163
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,697 Times in 1,625 Posts
Just be up-front about it - also helps to call ahead and make an appointment.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:40 PM   #164
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
Damn haha was going to check out a 2016 ILX there sometime this week. Guess the drive down to Burrard is the better option.

What is everyone's opinion on checking out cars with no intention to buy yet? I know sales guys will be pushing for a sale but me personally just want to see the car and maybe go on a quick drive to get a feel for the car. If it turns out to be a good car then yea obviously add it to the potential car list.
if you end up picking an ilx to buy, you should ask for this steve guy, go through the sales stuff and tell him "i can't make a decision today" to see if he throws a fit. if he does, come back the next day and make the purchase from a different guy.

but then again i wouldn't want a car purchase experience be just full of negative agenda.
entrax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2015, 07:17 AM   #165
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
google "steve cheung acrua" and this thread comes up 3rd in search

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:42 AM   #166
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
My sister had a horrible experience at Lougheed Acura. The General Manager is basically AWOL can't get through to him he ignores calls and emails. If you must buy a car from here AVOID NATHAN CHAN he either has no idea what he's doing ( ill give him that benefit) or he's a crook he's something you would expect to deal with at a greasy Kingsway used car dealership. He said it was necessary to purchase life insurance in order to get financing from the Bank after I did some research turns out these finance managers get little bonuses for selling unnecessary shit and when he finally realized he made a mistake he said that it would take 3-10 business days for the life insurance company to return the funds however after 2-3 weeks we checked with the insurance company and the funds were still with the dealership. I don't know who wrote up the bill of sale but it had weird charges all over, they cut us a cheque after they realized they made stupid mistakes. To top it off they didn't do repairs that should have been done before the car was put on the lot, which also makes you think if they actually did the Safety inspection that they advertised. On a positive note though Tony(Salesman) and some sales managers were helpful with fixing the issues. Never dealing with his place again though, just not worth the headache.

I basically copied and pasted the review she wrote for them to save time haha

Last edited by donjalapeno; 08-18-2015 at 11:48 AM.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:20 PM   #167

My buddy who has a TLX said a older chinese guy named Leon Le at the Richmond Location was also rude when he was looking to buy the car so he went another day and bought off a younger sales guy who provided much better service

he also treated him as he was wasting his time so he didn't put in too much effort in helping him. He was also very arrogant and acted as if he was running the place....

I'm guess its always the old people who are the bad apples of the group...

Last edited by tru_blue; 08-19-2015 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:29 PM   #168
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
Was recently in Richmond Acura checking out the TLX with a friend of mine who was genuinely interested in picking one up. I have been to quite a few car dealerships and have worked at one as well, never have I experienced such a negative feeling walking into a dealership.

As soon as we walked in, all the sales personnel stayed far away and even tried to avoid our gaze. We asked for the doors for the TLX they had in the showroom to be unlocked so we could check out the interior, we were told no, and not because the car was sold, just no.

We asked for a test drive, were turned down as well even though there were plenty of sales personnel on the floor.

We were not given any information, any friendly service, actually any service at all. Have never felt so unwelcome at any dealership. It's safe to say I will never be returning to Richmond Acura.
No offense but if you don't make an appointment then that's pretty much expected.
jinxcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-19-2015, 12:26 AM   #169
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxcrusader View Post
No offense but if you don't make an appointment then that's pretty much expected.
I'd have to disagree. From Akinari's description, the level of service he received is practically non-existent. In many regards, he is not even being treated with a basic level of respect that any potential customer would deserve. Has the dealership sales model been an appointment-only type of setup, then I'd say a walk-in customer shouldn't really expect anything.

But AFAIK, car dealerships still run an open door type of invitational model, so any potential customer that walks in at least deserves a basic level of respect and customer service. Besides, this is Acura, not Porsche.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:12 AM   #170
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
I use to hear wonderful things about Lougheed Acura and actually recommended the place from what I've heard on here... that is until the day a buddy and I walked in to buy a car. We spent hours at this place over a TL SH-AWD. We test drove it, looked over the paper work, did as a much inspection work as we could. Then, when it came time for the salesperson to deal with the manager regarding the numbers, we were informed that the car was sold. WTF.... I don't know if the numbers were simply too low for them and this was an easy way out but the car was still being listed on craigslist in the following days in new listings. The exact same car with the same specs, mileage, options, etc.
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-19-2015, 01:56 AM   #171
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb View Post
I use to hear wonderful things about Lougheed Acura and actually recommended the place from what I've heard on here... that is until the day a buddy and I walked in to buy a car. We spent hours at this place over a TL SH-AWD. We test drove it, looked over the paper work, did as a much inspection work as we could. Then, when it came time for the salesperson to deal with the manager regarding the numbers, we were informed that the car was sold. WTF.... I don't know if the numbers were simply too low for them and this was an easy way out but the car was still being listed on craigslist in the following days in new listings. The exact same car with the same specs, mileage, options, etc.
Similar experience. Was looking at a 2014 TL SH-AWD Elite there that had numerous little cosmetic issues with it (scratches, slashed tire, curbed rim, worn driver seat...etc). We eventually talked numbers but led to no where as they manager had no intentions of addressing those issues or budging at all on the price in accordance to what was currently on the market. Two days later, they called me back to 'have another look' at my trade-in, but I went the distance to Acura of Langley and picked up a '13 Elite for a MUCH better price and CONDITION on the same day. The voice of the guy over the phone was priceless lol.

Experience at Langley Acura was amazing too!
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-19-2015, 07:44 AM   #172
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,187 Times in 360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xu.Vi View Post
Similar experience. Was looking at a 2014 TL SH-AWD Elite there that had numerous little cosmetic issues with it (scratches, slashed tire, curbed rim, worn driver seat...etc). We eventually talked numbers but led to no where as they manager had no intentions of addressing those issues or budging at all on the price in accordance to what was currently on the market. Two days later, they called me back to 'have another look' at my trade-in, but I went the distance to Acura of Langley and picked up a '13 Elite for a MUCH better price and CONDITION on the same day. The voice of the guy over the phone was priceless lol.

Same experience here!
Their service department was extremely helpful and provided a ton of information that we were asking for prior to negotiations (parts and service quotes, etc).

Their sales had excellent service, but they said they had performed an inspection on the car which neglected to mention the expensive axles that needed replacement on the 6 speed TSX. They also wouldn't budge on the high price at all, given the significantly dented front bumper due to improper license place holder install, the extremely worn tires, and bad bodywork in general.
AstulzerRZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:40 PM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrax View Post
if you end up picking an ilx to buy, you should ask for this steve guy, go through the sales stuff and tell him "i can't make a decision today" to see if he throws a fit. if he does, come back the next day and make the purchase from a different guy.

but then again i wouldn't want a car purchase experience be just full of negative agenda.
revscene meet for a test drive with this Steve Cheung dude?

maybe someone can film it when he gets mad and put it on youtube
This post thanked by:
Old 08-19-2015, 10:48 PM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtseng View Post
revscene meet for a test drive with this Steve Cheung dude?

maybe someone can film it when he gets mad and put it on youtube
Steve Cheung | Richmond Acura

Lets phone bomb him for test drive appointments and waste his time and see how he reacts
Old 08-20-2015, 08:45 AM   #175
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
langley acura also gets my support.

i went to burrard acura back in 2010 to buy a new mdx to replace my mom's old car, but they gave us a low trade in value ($9k), and the deal ended up falling through. an uncle suggested that i go to langley which i hadn't considered because it was a 1hr drive for me at the time, and i couldn't understand what difference it would make because both belonged to dilwari. so i went and it turned out to be a great experience. they offered $3k more on the trade in, threw in some accessories, and delivered the same mdx from burrard's inventory to us. sadly the salesperson we dealt with moved on to become manager for another dealership so i have no one to recommend anymore...

on a side note, i used to take the mdx to burrard for service because it's closer. while i was waiting for it the sales manager recognized me and asked what happpened and i told him we bought from langley instead. he apologized to me for the low trade in value because he didn't have anyone in his contacts that wanted it so he couldn't offer the amount langley did, which was fine i guess.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote