REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 03-29-2014, 02:23 PM   #2601
Banned By Establishment

I just confirmed that for now the government employees plan is still the same
Advertisement
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:57 PM   #2602
Banned (ABWS)

Rogers, along with every other phone company, are a bunch of panti sniffers.
maksimizer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2014, 01:21 AM   #2603
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
quick question. currently i am with rogers. my contract was done since oct 2013. if i want to do a HUP, i obviously need to renew my plan. i am currently on the public sector plan, $50 bucks + tax per month.

if i HUP, will they make me switch to a more expensive plan to get the subsidized phone? or can i get the subsidized phone and keep my current plan?
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:18 AM   #2604
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
quick question. currently i am with rogers. my contract was done since oct 2013. if i want to do a HUP, i obviously need to renew my plan. i am currently on the public sector plan, $50 bucks + tax per month.

if i HUP, will they make me switch to a more expensive plan to get the subsidized phone? or can i get the subsidized phone and keep my current plan?
I'm pretty sure you stay on the Public Sector Plan and also your subsidized price for the phone would be 3 years instead of 2. 2 years only exists for regular plans while the Public Sector Plan is still 3 years. I'm on the same plan as you and this is what I was told.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:05 AM   #2605
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
I'm pretty sure you stay on the Public Sector Plan and also your subsidized price for the phone would be 3 years instead of 2. 2 years only exists for regular plans while the Public Sector Plan is still 3 years. I'm on the same plan as you and this is what I was told.
Things might have changed since you switched over.
Hopefully not an issue if you are still with the Government.
I know when I talked to a rep at Wireless wave a couple of weeks ago, he said that there might be an issue with full subsidy on HUP with corporate plans.
Best thing to do is call in to Rogers and talk to Business retentions.

Hopefully not an issue. Keep us informed.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:23 PM   #2606
Rotary dori dori MOD

for public sector plans you can keep the same $50 plan with some exceptions. Without going into too many details if a corporate store cannot see the correct pricing..90% of the time you will have to contact business customer service to either get your account switched entirely to a business regular account or get them to send you the phone. That plan is one of the most frustrating to deal with because there are so many little things that make it goes smoothly.

!Shuya80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:58 AM   #2607

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Shuya80 View Post
for public sector plans you can keep the same $50 plan with some exceptions. Without going into too many details if a corporate store cannot see the correct pricing..90% of the time you will have to contact business customer service to either get your account switched entirely to a business regular account or get them to send you the phone. That plan is one of the most frustrating to deal with because there are so many little things that make it goes smoothly.
can you elaborate on the many little things please? thanks in advance.

i am looking to possibly HUP to the S5 when it comes out.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:33 PM   #2608
Banned By Establishment

Has anyone else received a letter from Rogers about a $2 monthly increase to their bill?
Old 06-04-2014, 08:29 AM   #2609
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Had a bunch of txt msgs on my phone to the states charged to my bill.

Called in and asked for the numbers i texted and she gave me 2 numbers I never heard of. Looked into my phone and records and found nothing. I never delete my texts, and have texts dating back to first of march.

Robbers gave me a hard time until I asked for retentions, got the 17 bucks back

Anyways, anyone know how this can happen? She said the charges are attached to the SIM so it would be impossible to insert the charges from rogers end, but I think its a bunch of horse shit.
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:55 AM   #2610
How I Mod your mother

Yeah, they must be pulling some sort of shit. Sometimes I get texts from friends saying "I can't see the pic you sent me"

Then I'm left wondering wtf because I never texted them anything..
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:29 PM   #2611
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,112 Times in 264 Posts
So i got a letter from Rogers stating they are doing upgrades to their network blah blah blah and as a result effective next month my monthly bill will go up $2 and 911 fee will go up as well.

My question is, can they do that ?
I'm going into year 2 of a 3 year contract with a negotiated price.
Are they allowed to increase my monthly fee?
I don't believe the are taking the $2 increase as a upgrade fee but just tacking it onto my base monthly services fee.
Volvo-brickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:50 AM   #2612
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo-brickster View Post
So i got a letter from Rogers stating they are doing upgrades to their network blah blah blah and as a result effective next month my monthly bill will go up $2 and 911 fee will go up as well.

My question is, can they do that ?
I'm going into year 2 of a 3 year contract with a negotiated price.
Are they allowed to increase my monthly fee?
I don't believe the are taking the $2 increase as a upgrade fee but just tacking it onto my base monthly services fee.
According to the people on RedFlagDeals, they said Rogers reversed the decision based on customer feedback.

Now here's an interesting bit that I got on my Bulletin, for the people that have the 6gb super plan

EDIT: Sorry I meant the 6gb data add on portion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGERS

Starting June 7, customers with the grandfathered $30 6GB Data Add-On on their accounts who are off of term commitment will receive notification via bill message that this add-on will be increased to $35/month. This data add-on was available as a promotion for a limited time and is no longer available for sale. The increase will take effect on the customer’s August bill.

Why are you increasing my service rates?

At Rogers, our number one priority is to bring our customers the fastest LTE network as well as the best in entertainment and communications. That’s why we continue to invest in next generation technology, providing Rogers customers with leading products, services and networks.
Pricing for our add-ons is competitive. This plan was introduced as a promotion over 2 years ago and the price has not increased since then. It offers you substantial savings when compared to similar in market plans and we hope that you continue to take advantage of the great benefits this plan offers. Our customers are using more data than ever before and technology has evolved to provide more value (LTE, LTE Max).

How much will this increase my bill?

The rate increase will be $5 (without taxes) on your monthly bill.

Will there be any service impacts to my device or change the amount of data I have?

There will be no service disruptions and your data bucket will remain at the same level.

When will this price increase take effect?

You will see this take effect on your August bill.

What options do I have available as I am unhappy with the price increase?

While our add-on increase is competitive in the market place, we do have other plans available for you. You can have the latest Share Everything plan which includes unlimited Canada-Wide calling and higher data buckets. You can view these plans on rogers.com for more details.

Are these increases to pay for the spectrum Rogers purchased/ NHL rights deal?

No. We regularly assess our pricing and offers to ensure we’re delivering the value and data our customers need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.

Last edited by TypeRNammer; 06-09-2014 at 08:53 AM.
TypeRNammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:13 PM   #2613
degenerate extraordinaire

damn it.. so now my bill will be over $70/mo with no credits
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:29 PM   #2614
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

That's only for the add on. The 6GB Super plan has data that's attached to the plan so it shouldn't be affected
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-09-2014, 07:25 AM   #2615
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,365 Times in 5,658 Posts
What a fucking joke..my bill used to be $67 taxes in when they gave me credits etc I have the optional $30 6gb plan from when I got my iPhone 3G

So now without adding any services and even having less of a package than before my bill has crept back up to over $80 now, fuck Rogers
Old 06-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #2616
I subscribe to Revscene

Here's my current plan, I havn't been keeping up with all the pricing/contract/loyalty changes going on. From what I've skimmed, it looks like I won't be able to just renew this contract when it expires in about a year? Rogers is gonna rape me?

250 Wkday & Unlimited Eve/Wknd $20.00
Savings: Data Discount $-5.00
Value Pack* $10.00
6GB Data Service Plan $30.00
Tethering Access $0.00
9-1-1 Emergency Access Fee $0.75
System Access Fee $6.95

Other charges and credits
Savings: Monthly Fee Discount $-15.00
Total before taxes: $47.70
GST (862395381 RT0001) $2.39
PST $3.34
Total for Wireless: $53.43
akira112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:00 PM   #2617
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

so i've been with rogers awhile back and jumped ship to mobilicity/wind. is it possible to get a retention plan or do i need to start from scratch? i work for vancouver coastal health. how do those employee plans fair against these retention plans?
yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:42 AM   #2618

@akira, I think you should be able to renew the plan just fine but more than likely, prepare to lose the credits. Unless you get a nice csr or escalade to retentions.

@yeeman, I don't think you can get a retention plan unless you currently have an account. That said, it doesn't mean you can't build one. Probably need to call a bunch of times and haggle a bit. I am currently happy with my employee plan. I'll post it up later when I have time.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:23 AM   #2619
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
AFAIK, the retention plans have been shit lately.
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:31 PM   #2620

Rogers has changed its policy for hardware upgrades, according to details shared by user WorldIRC over at HowardForums:
If you plan on signing a hardware upgrade for a new smartphone on a 2-year term, you’ll soon require a new Share Everything plan or at least a minimum $80/month plan, as of June 17:
As of June 17, all HUPs will require moving to the new Share Everything plans. Older plans will no longer be upgrade eligible.
There is an exception policy if your monthly spend is $80 / month (plan + features). That being said, reps are being strongly encouraged to migrate clients onto the new plans.
There is also an exception policy if your monthly spend is between $60 – $79 / month (plan + features). This exception requires store manager approval and an expectation will be set with the client that this is the last upgrade at your current price point.
As noted, a one-time exception can be made if your monthly plan is between $60-$79, but requires store manager approval.
Rogers looks to move customers on old grandfathered plans to their new Share Everything plans, with the cheapest plan starting at $80/month with 500MB of data. In the past, customers were able negotiate cheaper plans via the Retentions department and perform a hardware upgrade. That looks to be no longer possible.
Earlier this week it was reported Rogers is set to increase its grandfathered 6GB/$30 data plan by $5/month for customers on month-to-month plans.
When reached for comment, a Rogers rep told MobileSyrup “This change will allow people to take advantage of the great value our current plans deliver. They’re easy to understand and are designed for how customers use their phones today, including LTE devices.”

Source: Rogers Hardware Upgrades Will Require $80 Plans Starting June 17 [u] | iPhone in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPhone Resource

WHAT IN THE FUCK.

the last part in bold got me boiling. cheapest plans start at $80 with 500MB. how the fuck is that "taking advantage of the great value our current plans deliver"

will this affect corporate plans too?
Old 06-13-2014, 10:06 PM   #2621
How I Mod your mother

^Rogers better prepare their assholes. They're gonna lose ALOT of customers if it's true
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
Old 06-13-2014, 10:25 PM   #2622
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by yameen View Post
so i've been with rogers awhile back and jumped ship to mobilicity/wind. is it possible to get a retention plan or do i need to start from scratch? i work for vancouver coastal health. how do those employee plans fair against these retention plans?
You can get public sector plans which I think are better than the retention plans they are offering lately, if any retention plan that is. Their retention plans are based off of 2 yr pricing so a plan like $60 and 1GB would probably qualify.
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:08 AM   #2623
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
tried retentions after my 3 year contract has just expired, decided to leave them when they can not offer anything good other than 10$ off a 80$ contract. Fuck off rogers.

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:22 PM   #2624
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
tried retentions after my 3 year contract has just expired, decided to leave them when they can not offer anything good other than 10$ off a 80$ contract. Fuck off rogers.
That's a OK discount is like 12.5$ off your bill.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:07 PM   #2625
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
That's a OK discount is like 12.5$ off your bill.
Not if they were forcing him to switch to an $80/month contract with a 500mb cap.

Seriously who the fuck can survive on 500mb of data per month?

This CEO is some new kind of retarded the world has never seen before
Quote: