REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:26 AM   #201
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
Yeah, RGL will be at Kelowna
Advertisement
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:17 AM   #202
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

lol, thats pretty close to average (avg is 4 hours i believe), expect long wait times between races for comp division most of the times, coz more oft than not, its early morning 1st race and late in the day 2nd race.

Yep, Magnum always goes for Kelowna, Casa Loma is nice!

The best paddling weather is one where there is not a direct sun over your head while you are waiting on the water. ie: lining up, waiting for boat traffic, delays, etc.
TracerFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #203

forgot to add, Victoria is the worst, sometimes you wait on the water for abt 15 min or so under the sun waiting for ferries to clear. (sun zapping ur energy away)
Old 06-18-2009, 02:43 PM   #204

Are you guys going to Victoria this year?
Old 06-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #205

Oh wait, you're probably doing Seattle for the race series which is a week after Victoria
Old 06-18-2009, 05:09 PM   #206
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerFX View Post
lol, thats pretty close to average (avg is 4 hours i believe), expect long wait times between races for comp division most of the times, coz more oft than not, its early morning 1st race and late in the day 2nd race.

Yep, Magnum always goes for Kelowna, Casa Loma is nice!

The best paddling weather is one where there is not a direct sun over your head while you are waiting on the water. ie: lining up, waiting for boat traffic, delays, etc.
Tell Terry and Anthony Kdub says hi.
K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:43 PM   #207

I've been told the girls on Magnum are snobby and super competitive, true? lol
Old 06-18-2009, 09:24 PM   #208
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dub View Post
Tell Terry and Anthony Kdub says hi.
Hahaha i'm right here Kevin. Has synergy finalized the plans for Kelowna yet? Come up with a team name?

And nahh, pretty much all the girls on our boat are all really chill. It's actually the guys that are really competitive on the team (but not to the point where they are unsportsmanlike or unrealistic) .. and I can see 1-2 people from whom people might view as snobby, but definately not the girls.

And is it you that always goes OCing with Derek?
xXDragonXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:42 AM   #209

Yes it is, you guys are always wondering who I am, I feel your eyes on me

I almost joined Magnum actually, but you guys practiced too much, didn't think I could do it.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:09 AM   #210
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
FYI: Tent assignments are out.

I'm not particularly happy about the last-minute changes which affected our first heat, but what else can you do?
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:25 AM   #211

oh yeah, if the dragon warriors are as strong as people say then you'll probably end up 3rd instead of 2nd and have to race 30 mins earlier
Old 06-19-2009, 08:42 AM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
oh yeah, if the dragon warriors are as strong as people say then you'll probably end up 3rd instead of 2nd and have to race 30 mins earlier
I'm not concerned about the length between races (1 hour is more than enough to recover) - it was the lane change. Boats in the middle are protected from the tide that the outside teams have to deal with. The teams seated in Lane 4 and Lane 5 are usually projected to win.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:09 AM   #213

Just saw where your tent is going to be, WAY out on the right haha

RGL got a really good spot, infront of the entrance
Old 06-19-2009, 10:43 AM   #214

Quote:
Oh wait, you're probably doing Seattle for the race series which is a week after Victoria
Yea, too close together. Besides, we as a team dont like Victoria as much. Chalk it up to a bunch of small little things (ex: expensive event, freak accident, Millenium boats, have i mentioned BC ferries? lol)

Quote:
Dont think there was one. Like Terry says, they are pretty chill.
you sure it was Magnum?

Quote:
Yes it is, you guys are always wondering who I am, I feel your eyes on me.
Girl's eyes or guys's eyes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
I'm not concerned about the length between races (1 hour is more than enough to recover) - it was the lane change. Boats in the middle are protected from the tide that the outside teams have to deal with. The teams seated in Lane 4 and Lane 5 are usually projected to win.
Indeed, good luck on that heat man.

Quote:
Just saw where your tent is going to be, WAY out on the right haha

RGL got a really good spot, infront of the entrance
imho, 4 spots that sucks in terms of tent assigments, the very back (well coz its at the very back lol), near the porta-potty (need i say why? haha), grounds that are not concrete (muddy/dusty), and near the front entrance (way too many traffic pass by, watch for belongings, sometimes they put the porta-potty near the front, so its a double whammy with the huge washroom traffic and the smell )
Old 06-19-2009, 10:59 AM   #215

Last edited by RacePace; 01-26-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:51 PM   #216

Quote:
Even though the board is supposedly anonymous, this city is way too small (and the dragonboat community even smaller) to say anything negative about someone on a public forum. I've been in the community only 3 years, but I've seen my fair share of shennanigans, innuendo, and ego-bashing.

All I can say is that the women I know on the Magnum boat are definitely competitive. Good on Magnum for recruiting them.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:06 PM   #217

Quote:
Magnum's warmups are intense, I heard Denis yell "SWITCH" haha. RGL's warmups are lax
We like to shout a lot hahaha. A good warmup = good practice. Getting your heart rate to the max early on prepares your body up for the intense practice. I normally feel like shit if we didn't have enough time to do a full out run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
Even though the board is supposedly anonymous, this city is way too small (and the dragonboat community even smaller) to say anything negative about someone on a public forum. I've been in the community only 3 years, but I've seen my fair share of shennanigans, innuendo, and ego-bashing.

All I can say is that the women I know on the Magnum boat are definitely competitive. Good on Magnum for recruiting them.
Agreed, I don't usually do it but I've done my share of bashing (warranted in my mind).

lol, sounds like you might have met some ex girl team member
Old 06-20-2009, 10:46 PM   #218
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Wow..all this time I thought "Magnum" was some other team, not the one from UBC or Dragonhearts.

Interesting to see they've advanced so much. I was one of the few to start up the team back in highschool and it's always been really competitive.
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:57 PM   #219

Jeez, Tracer, how could discuss so much and not let me know about this site? (Thanks a lot Terry.)

Also hi, hopefully you're having fun with RGL so far, Illuminate. By the time you're reading this, though, Alcan's probably already over anyway, but good luck anyway!
RAYClovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:55 AM   #220

Last edited by RacePace; 01-26-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:41 PM   #221

Great day today, we got silver in Comp C, edged out of gold by .15 seconds. Our first sub 2 min time ever. Nice job on 4th in Comp A Magnum, you guys should try for the national championships next year
Old 06-21-2009, 07:43 PM   #222
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

We got edged out of silver Comp C by these guys *points above*... hahaha congratulations Illuminate and RGL though...

You guys have become our new targets to surpass... previously it was lifescan... until today

But overall it was a good day, weather was nice... and we posted our best times ever at 2 minutes... hopefully we'll hit the sub 2 minute mark someday
Old 06-21-2009, 08:06 PM   #223

lol, pshhh, off by one whole second. Which festivals are Riptide doing this year? Maybe more close races to come
Old 06-21-2009, 11:19 PM   #224

Haha, congratulation to both of you, RGL and Riptide.

It definitely wasn't an easy race day for us Magnum peeps. Seriously, we came fourth and the six-second difference between us and the third-place proves how dominate FCRCC and other top teams can be. Though, it was our first time ever to have reached this high, and we're pretty happy even without bringing home a medal. It was also our first ever Guts and Glory race, and boy, it was damn wet. Reminds me of UBC Longboat with just slightly less contact. Also, the tide is mega-helpful with breaking time records, as the weekend was the first time ever we've broken the two minutes mark.

Again, congratulation to you and your teams!
RAYClovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:29 PM   #225
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

We're doing harrison for sure... not sure about anything else yet... there are talks about either kelowna or seattle... but depends on our fundraising and things...

We need some sort of a target to keep pushing ourselves, so hopefully there will be more races with you guys