REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Denim Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/520872-denim-thread.html)

bcedhk 12-14-2008 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRD604 (Post 6168579)
Im looking for new jeans. where do you guys buy yours from?

American Eagle/Bluenotes/Bootlegger jeans any good?

those jeans are very generic, they aremass produced, so quality control is not the best. Their material is usually really weak, and will tend to stretch out very easily and their indigo fade really fast.

I just got pair of naked & famous big slub denim. Is a slimish straight leg denim, but is cotton weight is at 18oz. so is perfect for the cold winter + is should give me an awesome fade when i work these jeans for a few months. You will hear lots about thisbrand, cause is local, and hey offer good quality product for a affordable price.

Gh0stRider 12-14-2008 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddy89 (Post 6172482)
those jeans are very generic, they aremass produced, so quality control is not the best. Their material is usually really weak, and will tend to stretch out very easily and their indigo fade really fast.

I just got pair of naked & famous big slub denim. Is a slimish straight leg denim, but is cotton weight is at 18oz. so is perfect for the cold winter + is should give me an awesome fade when i work these jeans for a few months. You will hear lots about thisbrand, cause is local, and hey offer good quality product for a affordable price.

Thx for the info. Where do they sell them?

hal0g0dv2 12-14-2008 07:17 PM

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/9095/2897120ul0.jpg

Splmash 12-15-2008 11:39 PM

Size down 2-3 sizes for APCs. Depends on how you want them to fit in the end. Just wear them around the house for the first week and you'll be good to go.

My collection:
2 x APCs
4 x Rock and Republic
2 x True Religion
2 x Diesel
1 x Nudie
1 x Flatheads(from SF)
2 x Seven For All Mankind

All I wear are my APC NS tho. ^^

artmotion 12-15-2008 11:43 PM

My Selvage:
2 Evisu - Worn for about 2 years
1 Samurai - Worn for about 1 year
1 Andy Warhol Levi's - Worn for a couple months

Can't wait to buy some while I'm in HK though.

hongy 12-15-2008 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRD604 (Post 6172575)

Naked and famous go for under 150$ at dutil, and 150$ before tax at holt renfrew. I've had more luck finding the ones I wanted at holt renfrew though.

LC21 12-16-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB20 (Post 6172413)
dude 80 bucks for 1.5 month worn apcs? they are like 140 new man

Go get it brand new then. Its $155 on all websites + shipping + customs that will be like nearly $200. And it retails $220 + tax at Dutil, i believe?
I think my price is reasonable, very little wear, just that ive soaked it and its lost its shine and stiffness, but a lot of life left.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splmash (Post 6176126)
Size down 2-3 sizes for APCs. Depends on how you want them to fit in the end. Just wear them around the house for the first week and you'll be good to go.

My collection:
2 x APCs
4 x Rock and Republic
2 x True Religion
2 x Diesel
1 x Nudie
1 x Flatheads(from SF)
2 x Seven For All Mankind

All I wear are my APC NS tho. ^^

Yeah 2-3 sizes on APC, how much did you size down? I just got new APC PS 29, fits pretty good its slimmer then my APC NS 28, but the waist fits/feels better. APC's are the way to goo, they feel and fit soo nice! Its unbelievable how much you pay for them.
PS. i might be putitng my APC PS 29 for sale, if they dont fit the way i wanted it too! Brand new with tags, im thinking $130?

unit 12-16-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB20 (Post 6172413)
dude 80 bucks for 1.5 month worn apcs? they are like 140 new man

actually a few months ago they were 155 USD new, but prices have gone up again. not sure what they cost now in USD but they're $195 canadian at most stores as of recently.

bcedhk 12-16-2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRD604 (Post 6172575)

dutil has a few big slubs left, i think they have a size 30 (fits like size 32), and some bigger sizes from 33+

dutil is a great place to go, friendly atmosphere, and you can try on many pairs to compare, the sales people don't mind and love to give you ideas!

I'm on day 5 , and the denim is beginning to loosen up., i got a size 31, but actually now is 33.5 ish, so is just perfect for me.

check out online denim shops, usually they will provide actual measurents of the jeans, as many jean company sizes are off by inches

LC21 12-16-2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit (Post 6177269)
actually a few months ago they were 155 USD new, but prices have gone up again. not sure what they cost now in USD but they're $195 canadian at most stores as of recently.

Oh im guessing $200 + tax than in stores. $155USD Online, it says FREESHIPPING, but its not unless you're in the states.

Right now debating whether i should attempt to stretch out those APC PS orrr just resell em and get a bigger size. Any suggestions?!

Sid Vicious 12-16-2008 07:09 PM

TRD604 if you're interested i'm selling a pair of naked and famous weird guy deep indigo, w32 for 60$

LC21 12-16-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB20 (Post 6177432)
TRD604 if you're interested i'm selling a pair of naked and famous weird guy deep indigo, w32 for 60$

$60?!!?!? holyshit why didnt you tell me earlier i woulda got these instead of my APC PS..
YOu wanna trade for my apc ns 28 =D ?

how many wears on those?

Sid Vicious 12-16-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC21 (Post 6177507)
$60?!!?!? holyshit why didnt you tell me earlier i woulda got these instead of my APC PS..
YOu wanna trade for my apc ns 28 =D ?

how many wears on those?

Very little. no fading, cold soaked once
they're a lil big on me, i'm around 170 lbs...so i dont know if they will fit you lol
but if you're interested, measurements are here
http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28

LC21 12-16-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB20 (Post 6177552)
Very little. no fading, cold soaked once
they're a lil big on me, i'm around 170 lbs...so i dont know if they will fit you lol
but if you're interested, measurements are here
http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28

Im a little tempted now, i have LVC 32x34 if you wanna swap those for it?

bcedhk 12-16-2008 08:41 PM

lc21, do know that N&F run 1.5 to 2 inches bigger.

my 31 big slub = size 33.5 now.

LC21 12-16-2008 10:01 PM

vanity sizing eh? Okay nvm, thats hella too big

Sid Vicious 12-16-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC21 (Post 6177584)
Im a little tempted now, i have LVC 32x34 if you wanna swap those for it?

Sorry dude, don't really wear blue jeans anymore so im just looking for cash.

in any case, they are sized big, the waist fits like a 33-34 however the rest fits pretty TTS, the thigh and it is quite tapered from the knee down. quite a nice cut

LC21 12-16-2008 10:53 PM

^ i can consider im looking for a more relaxed/sagg-ish fit..
let me know if you still have it after christmas, kinda broke right now.

ANYHOW back on topic. SHould i keep these apc ps's? Cant decide =( HELP!

Sid Vicious 12-17-2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC21 (Post 6177870)
^ i can consider im looking for a more relaxed/sagg-ish fit..
let me know if you still have it after christmas, kinda broke right now.

ANYHOW back on topic. SHould i keep these apc ps's? Cant decide =( HELP!

How tight are they?
APCs stretch quite alot. my 29's are like...mc hammer pants now.

LC21 12-17-2008 07:02 AM

^
MC hammer, wow are the NS or rescues?
Mine are petite standard, the new cut. They're "snack wrap" tight right now. I can button all the way up not sure if i should keep, i need some sagg in these, or they feel uncomfortable!

Brickface 12-17-2008 02:35 PM

Eugeen Choo is a little bit cheaper than Dutil for the APC New Standards. I've picked mine
up a little less than a month ago for 185 +tax. Dutil charges $215 last time I checked. Eugeen Choo also has the more desirable sizes, I picked up a size 31 there no problem.

Brickface 12-17-2008 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC21 (Post 6178367)
^
MC hammer, wow are the NS or rescues?
Mine are petite standard, the new cut. They're "snack wrap" tight right now. I can button all the way up not sure if i should keep, i need some sagg in these, or they feel uncomfortable!

I would definately keep them even if they're super tight. If you can do the buttons all the way up, you're find. Even if you can't do the top botton up you'll be fine. APC's stretch like a bitch. Mine were so tight on me when I got them that they looked painted on, now they fit perfectly. All you need is a little patience.

LC21 12-17-2008 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brickface (Post 6178998)
I would definately keep them even if they're super tight. If you can do the buttons all the way up, you're find. Even if you can't do the top botton up you'll be fine. APC's stretch like a bitch. Mine were so tight on me when I got them that they looked painted on, now they fit perfectly. All you need is a little patience.

THanks for the reply, because i was like this with my APC NS 28(shoulda gotten 1 size bigger), and they were worn about 1.5month over time and no stretch at all, or barely any stretching.
For my PS right now, looks like the sides seams are about to blow up, is there anything wrong with that?

Brickface 12-17-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC21 (Post 6179029)
THanks for the reply, because i was like this with my APC NS 28(shoulda gotten 1 size bigger), and they were worn about 1.5month over time and no stretch at all, or barely any stretching.
For my PS right now, looks like the sides seams are about to blow up, is there anything wrong with that?

Weird, because my true waste size is around 34.5 inches, and I was able to barely squeeze into a size 31 NS. When I got home I was regretting getting a size so small, but I wore them as hard as I could and within about a week they fit like a completely different pair of jeans.

As far as the side seems go, I noticed this too when i bought my NS, as it looked as though the outseem was gonna blow. you could see a white line going down the outside of the leg where it looked like the seem was streching (I have pretty big thighs compared to the type of people who usual rock NS's or NC's) but when the denim starts to stretch more/fade you can barely notice it. Havn't had the seems rip on me yet and i've been wearing these things every single day since i've gotten them.

I don't think you have to worry about the side seems blowing unless you're sizing down 4+ sizes. APC denim is really durable for the price you pay, it's built tough as nails.

LC21 12-17-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brickface (Post 6179058)
Weird, because my true waste size is around 34.5 inches, and I was able to barely squeeze into a size 31 NS. When I got home I was regretting getting a size so small, but I wore them as hard as I could and within about a week they fit like a completely different pair of jeans.

As far as the side seems go, I noticed this too when i bought my NS, as it looked as though the outseem was gonna blow. you could see a white line going down the outside of the leg where it looked like the seem was streching (I have pretty big thighs compared to the type of people who usual rock NS's or NC's) but when the denim starts to stretch more/fade you can barely notice it. Havn't had the seems rip on me yet and i've been wearing these things every single day since i've gotten them.

I don't think you have to worry about the side seems blowing unless you're sizing down 4+ sizes. APC denim is really durable for the price you pay, it's built tough as nails.

31ns and your 34.5 holyshit!

thats like me im a 31ish32, and got 28ns at first but they're still tight/slim as fuck.
Imma rock em around the house first...... STRETCH STRETCH STRETCH.