REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Denim Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/520872-denim-thread.html)

hongy 01-31-2009 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splmash (Post 6255830)
I'm sorry but I already promised 2 people I'll pick up denim for 'em this time. Haha. Maybe next time. I do go down there 2-3 times a year.

Damn, well thanks anways :thumbsup:

_inwonderland: Raw denim is a trend??? lol most people think I'm crazy for not washing my jeans for more than 3 days. I bought raws because I loved the idea behind a pair of jeans that you faded and molded, etc.

LC21 01-31-2009 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hongy (Post 6255928)
Damn, well thanks anways :thumbsup:

_inwonderland: Raw denim is a trend??? lol most people think I'm crazy for not washing my jeans for more than 3 days. I bought raws because I loved the idea behind a pair of jeans that you faded and molded, etc.

as much as i hate to say this raw is starting to make a name for itself, so its becoming a trend. i might go to sanfran in may.^_^ will postfit in a lil bit

hongy 01-31-2009 12:22 AM

o.O really??? wtf like outside vancouver right? Because well....vancouver ppl still rock the vancouver suit

Harvey Specter 01-31-2009 01:05 AM

I have the Hedi era MIJ 21cm clawmarks and they're the best jeans I’ve ever owned.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4383/diors2fc3.jpg

Sid Vicious 01-31-2009 02:29 AM

yo anyone ragging on dior homme jeans is just too fat to fit into them, or has not owned a pair.

anti fit, slouchy, tapered = the shit

Ulic Qel-Droma 01-31-2009 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artmotion (Post 6255029)
Fixed.

Yes you're right about Uniqlo. It is like Gap basically but in case you didn't know, Gap had a selvage line which was actually quite nice. You can't argue the bang for the buck for the Uniqlo jeans though. The really rigid ones which I bought the other night fit really awesome and they're quite good quality. And for the price of the APCs, I could buy 4 pairs of Uniqlos.

uhh please link gaps selvege line, gap suddenly came out with trial run selvege in fall 2006.

i got one of the first batch of gap morrisons that had patterened lined pockets, real selvege and it was raw, but one rinse, oh also had a crotch rivet

a few months later they came out with the gap gough, it was exactly the same but totally raw, had "japanese denim", was also completely selvege, but was lacking the patterned lined pockets. also missing crotch rivet. i picked up a pair of goughs as well.

ever since then till now, their "selvege" has become shittier and shittier and their raw becoming shittier and shittier, not only is it not REAL selvege anymore, they completely cut out the patterned pockets, crotch rivets, premium quality denim, and selvege.

it's all just crap now. i go back whenever im at the mall just to see if i can get an awesome deal and get 65 dollar (they were onsale) morrisons again, but ive never ever seen them ever after 2006.

i only own those two plus one pair of ironhearts, and tell you guys what, i only wear the morrisons and ironhearts, and ive only shrunken them, and i cold soaked the morrisons once. other than that, i never wash em, i just air em out. the morrions are pretty nicely faded. if i hot washed em they would be awesome.

my ironhearts, haha shit man, i wear them so much but they're barely faded, only the back wallet pocket, and a FEW whiskers. thats it. ironhearts are fucking tough.

i wanted to get a pair of nudies or APC, or samurai, but u know what, lol if i do, i'd just end up not wearing another pair of jeans.

raw is not for people who cant stand not washing their clothes. u don't wash raw man.

Splmash 02-01-2009 09:25 PM

Well, APCs are kinda overrated. I still love'em tho. I wear my noir ones on a daily basis. I do recommend the indigo ones over the black ones tho. They give off a much better final result(after the wash).

I'm about to break into my Self-Edge x SugarCanes. Yes, they're awesome.

3xta 02-01-2009 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB20 (Post 6248565)
www.komakino.ca/shop
111b in east pender street in chinatown...super nice clothes lol
no i dont work there

wow..... crazy

you got good taste

hongy 02-01-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splmash (Post 6258440)
Well, APCs are kinda overrated. I still love'em tho. I wear my noir ones on a daily basis. I do recommend the indigo ones over the black ones tho. They give off a much better final result(after the wash).

I'm about to break into my Self-Edge x SugarCanes. Yes, they're awesome.

Have fun with those sugercanes, always wanted a pair of SEXi04s =[, I've completely given up on black jeans after the disaster with my nudies

yuusha 02-01-2009 10:05 PM

^Black raw APC NS? Where to robocop?

JBT 02-02-2009 11:13 AM

Do you guys have any recommendations on a place to get my jeans altered in Burnaby or East Van? I'm looking to hem and taper. Any idea on general costs? I don't want to choose just any random place. Obviously jeans aren't cheap and I'd like to make sure the work is satisfactory. Please share your experiences. thanks!

LC21 02-02-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hongy (Post 6258482)
Have fun with those sugercanes, always wanted a pair of SEXi04s =[, I've completely given up on black jeans after the disaster with my nudies

SExI is pretty nice i wanted a pair too but i didnt want to spend that much on jeans =P.

Im looking towards the SExDBxS release. fuckking intense fit.
Anyway, people post some pics of your evolutions.

svelt 02-02-2009 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by min.tee (Post 6258511)

forumz. i have a pair and they are excellent in fit and comfort

yuusha 02-03-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svelt (Post 6260075)

Wanna link me to their site? Google doesn't exactly help lol.

LC21 02-03-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svelt (Post 6260075)

Eh, fit pics =) I dont dig their black raws.

Splmash 02-03-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by min.tee (Post 6258511)

Dutil in Gastown. $200 per. You can get it for cheaper in the US tho.

For my APC NS Noir, I'm getting the crotch area wear. I gotta get it patched up before they actually rip.

yuusha 02-03-2009 09:04 PM

$200... huh... where would I look if I wanted to get them in the States? Anywhere remotely near the border? Or would I have to head into Seattle?

Splmash 02-03-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by min.tee (Post 6262168)
$200... huh... where would I look if I wanted to get them in the States? Anywhere remotely near the border? Or would I have to head into Seattle?

Sorry bud, I don't know anywhere in the state of WA. I bought my second pair of APCs at a store called Azalea(it's in Cali tho). but.. if you're actually in Cali, I highly recommend Self Edge.

Anyways, you can probably pick up a pair online for around 150 too.

try azalea's main site or google: denim bar

yuusha 02-04-2009 01:07 AM

^ Maybe when the dollar's doing better... orz

edit: Found 'em @ azaleasf.com, but smallest is 27", I was hoping for 26" for a true slim fit on my 29" waist...

3xta 02-04-2009 10:20 AM

I think im going to go dutil and check out some jeans. I need a new pair of slim fit jeans. But not in raw. Also min.tee, if thier 150 american on the site... you might as well just pay and extra $50 bucks and avoid all the hassle of shipping and handling.

yuusha 02-04-2009 12:00 PM

^ If it's $200 + tax at Dutil that comes to $224. I'd spend ~$190 CAD shipped to Pt. Roberts, then picking it up across the border... Yeah, $34 isn't really much saved, and I guess supporting a local store would be better eh.

Now to find the money to get new jeans, lol.

LC21 02-04-2009 05:03 PM

^^
LOLOLOL hahaha

Shoulda saved first then look around.

Sid Vicious 02-04-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by min.tee (Post 6263146)
^ If it's $200 + tax at Dutil that comes to $224. I'd spend ~$190 CAD shipped to Pt. Roberts, then picking it up across the border... Yeah, $34 isn't really much saved, and I guess supporting a local store would be better eh.

buy em online from a forum like sufu or hb or something

3xta 02-04-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by min.tee (Post 6263146)

hahaha

Splmash 02-04-2009 10:41 PM

Haha, the money thing is always a problem.

I wanna sell some of my denim collection(around 20 pairs atm) but most of em got either hella wear or the crotch tear(yes, it's thaaaaaaaaaaaaat big).