REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Denim Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/520872-denim-thread.html)

Splmash 10-12-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farfetched (Post 7142383)
I posted these up on SF,
IMG
IMG
(From L to R) APC NS 3 years 1 hand wash recently, APC Rescue 2 and a bit 1 hand wash recently, APC NS 1 month.

The Rescues were worn not as often.

FAR LEFT IS SEXYYYY

Energy 10-12-2010 06:13 PM

^ Amen.

You must really love APC. I see some people on campus and around town with really sick fades on their APC NS.

BinsentoW 10-12-2010 11:24 PM

Any special reason you washed it after 3 years, or was it the "right time"? Spilled something?

Farfetched 10-12-2010 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BinsentoW (Post 7143003)
Any special reason you washed it after 3 years, or was it the "right time"? Spilled something?

sorta. spills weren't really a problem. i've had mustard, beer and all sorts of stuff spilled on it, though all small areas. most of the time any stains would just disappear when it dried or in the case of mustard, crust over and then i could just rub it out. as for right time, i was holding out for the "sand and wash it in the ocean" method. but then i realized that was kind of stupid. really the deciding factor was i went backpacking in europe and had to wear it in some clubs that had no a/c. in vancouver this isn't a problem, since i'd just air it out outside the next day. when travelling the jeans just stayed balled up in my backpack. i decided i'd wash it after being grossed out at a few days of wearing them for consecutive nights w/o airing them out.

filth 10-13-2010 12:14 AM

damn that sounds pretty grimey hahah

BinsentoW 10-13-2010 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by filth (Post 7143092)
damn that sounds pretty grimey hahah

With that username, you shouldn't be talking :troll:

wyuzz 10-15-2010 05:12 PM

I'm new to the whole raw denim scene, planning to buy my first pair of nudie probably either in slim jims or regular alf bootcut. My question is, how much do they stretch and what size should i size down to if I'm a size 30. TIA!

Splmash 10-15-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyuzz (Post 7146915)
I'm new to the whole raw denim scene, planning to buy my first pair of nudie probably either in slim jims or regular alf bootcut. My question is, how much do they stretch and what size should i size down to if I'm a size 30. TIA!

Are you wearing them daily?

They'll stretch 2inches-ish within 6 months with heavy wearage.

wyuzz 10-15-2010 06:08 PM

^^^ I haven't bought them yet, planning to buy one soon cause i'm kinda getting sick wearing rocks and 7fam's. Back on topic, do they really stretch that much? Thanks, cant wait to get them!

Ulic Qel-Droma 10-15-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farfetched (Post 7143043)
sorta. spills weren't really a problem. i've had mustard, beer and all sorts of stuff spilled on it, though all small areas. most of the time any stains would just disappear when it dried or in the case of mustard, crust over and then i could just rub it out. as for right time, i was holding out for the "sand and wash it in the ocean" method. but then i realized that was kind of stupid. really the deciding factor was i went backpacking in europe and had to wear it in some clubs that had no a/c. in vancouver this isn't a problem, since i'd just air it out outside the next day. when travelling the jeans just stayed balled up in my backpack. i decided i'd wash it after being grossed out at a few days of wearing them for consecutive nights w/o airing them out.

yeah i didn't really wash my ironhearts for fuckin 3 years as well.

i wore em in sweating hot conditions, disguisting cigarette asian filled clubs. everything.
just air em out and they're fine. i washed mine after 3 years cuz i thought it was time. they probably wouldnt fade that much more and the pockets were getting destroyed lol.

Si Ed 10-15-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farfetched (Post 7143043)

I had to wash mine because of stains. I spilled ketchup around the crotch area of my ironhearts. I tried wiping it off with a wet cloth but after it dried the stain turned kinda white and made it look like a jizz stain.

BinsentoW 10-15-2010 08:58 PM

Ive had my ironhearts for 8 months only, and I dont plan on washing them either. Ive been wearing them at clubs ect too, and in hot 30 degree+ days in summer.
I had a rice stain that turned into a "jizz" stain too, but it looks ok now.

filth 10-15-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyuzz (Post 7146915)

dont get bootcut... i cant believe people still wear that shit haha.

Naked & Famous > Nudies

Farfetched 10-16-2010 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 7147041)
yeah i didn't really wash my ironhearts for fuckin 3 years as well.

i wore em in sweating hot conditions, disguisting cigarette asian filled clubs. everything.
just air em out and they're fine. i washed mine after 3 years cuz i thought it was time. they probably wouldnt fade that much more and the pockets were getting destroyed lol.

yeah that's the thing. after 3 years, most of the fading was already done even before i washed it. i had a crotch blowout (though i did have about a 4 mo period where i was cycling almost everyday) , but that's easily repaired. the only problem i foresee now is the honeycombing is starting to lead to holes.

domco 10-16-2010 02:14 PM

Well I have 2 pair of Nudies and I was planning to buy another pair but on second thought. I think I'm going to invest in a pair of N&F. Is there a huge size difference between N&F vs Nudies? I wear 30 waist and 34 length for Nudies..help pls =D

Splmash 10-16-2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domco (Post 7147812)
Well I have 2 pair of Nudies and I was planning to buy another pair but on second thought. I think I'm going to invest in a pair of N&F. Is there a huge size difference between N&F vs Nudies? I wear 30 waist and 34 length for Nudies..help pls =D

I would buy 28 for N&F - Weird Guy cut.

wyuzz 10-16-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by filth (Post 7147220)
dont get bootcut... i cant believe people still wear that shit haha.

Naked & Famous > Nudies

I know nudies are not the best jeans out there compared to NF and IronHearts as some of you guys mentioned. I'm only getting a pair because I've never own of raw denim before so i'm gonna give these a try.

Whats wrong with bootcut raw denims?

Energy 10-16-2010 06:56 PM

Don't do it. I had Nudies for a week before I changed my mind and bought my APCs.

And then a few months after I went for Somets because I felt that the APCs were a bit flimsy.

Get a good high quality pair that will last you so you won't have any regrets or the itch to upgrade or get something better. Invest in stuff like Skulls, Samurai, Flat Head, Iron Heart, Somet. Do some research and buy a pair that you'll love and you won't have to buy again for a loooooong time.

BinsentoW 10-16-2010 07:03 PM

Nothings "wrong" with bootcut. Its just your preference.
To me, straight leg looks fine. Bootcuts leg openings are too big and sloppy for my taste.

filth 10-16-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyuzz (Post 7147971)
I know nudies are not the best jeans out there compared to NF and IronHearts as some of you guys mentioned. I'm only getting a pair because I've never own of raw denim before so i'm gonna give these a try.

Whats wrong with bootcut raw denims?

well judging by your display picture, theres nothing wrong with bootcuts for you.

sorry, im just being a dick, but bootcuts look fucking stupid.

j2oxstar 10-16-2010 08:05 PM

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...o/blakckid.gif

DAT HENLEE CUT
DAT FLOYD CUT
DAT BILLY CUT
DAT JOEY CUT

shawty you a 10

unit 10-17-2010 01:56 PM

style changes all the time.
if you like bootcut then get bootcut.
5 years ago people were wearing fat ties, now they're wearing skinny ties, and fat ties will definitely make a comeback and people will think skinny ties are out of style.
same with jacket lapels, same with jean cuts

speeed 10-18-2010 05:31 PM

This is a long shot but does anyone know where i can pick up a pair of Naked and Famous jeans in Calgary? or any Canadian online retailers who sell them?

filth 10-18-2010 05:39 PM

holt renfrew in calgary has it i think.

hongy 10-18-2010 09:18 PM

Wearing a pair of Naked and Famous X Loveless for ...3 weeks or so, love them. I tried on apcs and really they didn't feel better then my old pair of weird guys which resulted in me purchasing another pair. I don't know if anyone ever answered the question on sizing for N&F vs. Nudies but my nudies are size 29 and my N&F are size 30. It seems like most people don't wash even if they dropped something on themselves. I ended up having to wash my first weird guys after dropping bubble tea on them==.