REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2003, 07:04 PM   #5776
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Timpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 20,379
Thanked 4,550 Times in 1,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tegradreams
hahahahhahahahahahahha
yeah some pics are awesome though.
Advertisement
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 07:04 PM   #5777
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Timpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 20,379
Thanked 4,550 Times in 1,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jeffraider
Timpo should be banned from this thread for faggotry.
I don't wanna get banned.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 07:05 PM   #5778
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Timpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 20,379
Thanked 4,550 Times in 1,368 Posts
damnit!

I wanna see the 4th gen RX-7!
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 07:06 PM   #5779
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Timpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 20,379
Thanked 4,550 Times in 1,368 Posts
hey did you know that RX-8's VIN # says FE?

so what's the 4th gen RX-7? FF?
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 07:06 PM   #5780
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
91TII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Drivers Seat
Posts: 1,483
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Fastam
When we were having our Rotary debates , i was linked an Rx-7 site. i explored ,did some reading . found some of Tylers posts , back when just finshed the turbo swap into his old FC. and the few of the guys were saying it was a pointless set up .

Which i tend to agree on. CAIs have next to Zero effect on an intercoolered car . the turbo is going to heat the air up reguardless of if its nice and cold comming in . just go with a nice free flowing filter .

save your money and put it into a big FMIC , unless you already have one.
Don't have a FMIC yet....hoping to get one before summer though but will see what happens.

I think a good CAI can make a difference on a turbo car....your right the turbo is gonna heat it up, and although it might not make as much of a difference I still think it helps a little bit. And considering the setup I wanna do costs $0 I might as well cause I already have a decent filter. Not a major priority though, and yes if I had a FMIC I probably would not bother whatsoever doing it but oh well.
__________________
TTM Squad Member

"Objects in Mirror are Piston Powered."
91TII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 07:11 PM   #5781
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Timpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 20,379
Thanked 4,550 Times in 1,368 Posts
what was the first rotary car? RX-1?
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 07:11 PM   #5782
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 511
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Holy fuck timpo. STFU
t0mmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 07:12 PM   #5783
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Timpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 20,379
Thanked 4,550 Times in 1,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by t0mmy
Holy fuck timpo. STFU
I stay on topic tho.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 07:18 PM   #5784
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Fastam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: dumbmestic vile
Posts: 3,680
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally posted by 91TII
Don't have a FMIC yet....hoping to get one before summer though but will see what happens.

I think a good CAI can make a difference on a turbo car....your right the turbo is gonna heat it up, and although it might not make as much of a difference I still think it helps a little bit. And considering the setup I wanna do costs $0 I might as well cause I already have a decent filter. Not a major priority though, and yes if I had a FMIC I probably would not bother whatsoever doing it but oh well.
Ture when Tyler got his U-bend cut , it didnt costs him anything. personaly i thought 3" was a bit large . 2.5" would promote higher Velocity . then again Velocity+ turbine blades = heat.

Damn Vicious cycle . Fucking Thermo/Fuild Dynamics conflicting with each other.

Last edited by Fastam; 12-13-2003 at 07:20 PM.
Fastam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 07:19 PM   #5785
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Fastam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: dumbmestic vile
Posts: 3,680
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally posted by Timpo
I stay on topic tho.
Just what fucking topic are you on now?


OnTopic: RX7

Last edited by Fastam; 12-13-2003 at 07:20 PM.
Fastam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 08:05 PM   #5786
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 511
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
best setup for CAI is to have a duct routing from the frontbumper to the bottom of a CAB with your intake sitting clean inside. That way it still retains the response of the short TID but without the negative effect of sucking in hot engine bay air

Last edited by t0mmy; 12-13-2003 at 08:06 PM.
t0mmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 08:14 PM   #5787
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Timpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 20,379
Thanked 4,550 Times in 1,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Fastam
Just what fucking topic are you on now?


OnTopic: RX7
actually RX-7
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 09:37 PM   #5788
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
91TII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Drivers Seat
Posts: 1,483
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by t0mmy
best setup for CAI is to have a duct routing from the frontbumper to the bottom of a CAB with your intake sitting clean inside. That way it still retains the response of the short TID but without the negative effect of sucking in hot engine bay air
Thats exactly what I am gonna do pretty much, but the hole goes down by where the window washer fluid bottle is supposed to be and you take air from the fog light hole after removing the fog lights. But the filter stays inside the engine bay and probably gonna have an air box around the filter so it only gets air from the one source. There are pics somewhere on the big forum of the setup, its real clean and easy and free other then the piping you need. I am also gonna have a different TID, gonna get a more straight one instead of the current one, it sorta sucks. oh well.

later
-Justin
__________________
TTM Squad Member

"Objects in Mirror are Piston Powered."
91TII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 09:43 PM   #5789
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 511
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Agreed. I've seen the pics. Already have plans to start that when I get some cash.

Last edited by t0mmy; 12-13-2003 at 09:56 PM.
t0mmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 10:24 PM   #5790
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
NanaimoRx-7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 250 RiceScene
Posts: 1,533
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Timpo.

Fuck Off.

Either put it all in one post or don't even bother.
__________________
No I am not a Certified Rotary Mechanic, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
NanaimoRx-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 10:29 PM   #5791
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
91TII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Drivers Seat
Posts: 1,483
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Timpo
actually RX-7
__________________
TTM Squad Member

"Objects in Mirror are Piston Powered."
91TII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 11:20 PM   #5792
Hypa owned my ass at least once
 
Lemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 6,748
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally posted by 91TII
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!?!?!?! Why is Timpo and Lemon making 1 line posts for the past like 2 pages? Either post something worth posting about or nothing at all.

Yeah Tyler I wanna hear your Turbo. And I wanna do a good cold air setup on my car ASAP, so if you wanna help me remove that washer fluid bottle (you know the one that took us like 2 hours to get to all 20 million rusted on bolts)? Then we just need to cut a hole and put some pipe in. Oh, whats the word on those Rad panels? You guys get em made or not yet? Either way I'll talk to you later about it all.

later
-Justin

hey they let u post
__________________
2009 Mazda5 GT Lux pkg - Family wagon

FS 2000 civic DX B16A swap $3200obo
http://www.revscene.net/forums/fs-20...48#post7309348
Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 01:32 AM   #5793
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
 
bcty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Out Boosting
Posts: 1,621
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
nono cold air setups really do help turbo cars.. the ppl on the forums were bogus.. why do cold nights feel better? colder air.. I had pretty much the best setup and got frost on my intake.. that was impressive.. that plus the top mount was good but that plus a front mount = even better.. colder the better.. and if i can get denser colder air into the intake and though the engine everything becomes better.. you would see much more respopnce no turbo cars anyways then n/a

rad panels are not made but if i had some company around ill make some more..

parts for my new car are ones i have already laying around or ones that came with the car.. ICBC pretty much stuck at just below 8G.. fuckin bastards.. my father says dont push your luck but I think i wanna keep going here..

anywho.. I bugged Timpo before on pics but as long as he posts pics of parts that dont come here i wouldnt ming seeing them.. try and keep it 1st and 2nd gen though since nobody here has a 3rd gen (YET)

p.s - washer fluid bottle is comeing out with a hammer your car might not be as stubbern u get the plasic panel off though..
bcty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 04:07 AM   #5794
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
Ramcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Say What?
Posts: 215
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by 91TII
GOLD

And George..your Avatar = PERFECT!! =)
__________________
1987 Mazda Rx-7 Turbo II
1988 Mazda Rx-7 GXL
Spinning Dorito POWER!
Ramcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 09:00 AM   #5795
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Timpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 20,379
Thanked 4,550 Times in 1,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by 91TII
5 cents?
yeah ok
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 09:14 AM   #5796
Hypa owned my ass at least once
 
Lemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 6,748
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally posted by bcty
nono cold air setups really do help turbo cars.. the ppl on the forums were bogus.. why do cold nights feel better? colder air.. I had pretty much the best setup and got frost on my intake.. that was impressive.. that plus the top mount was good but that plus a front mount = even better.. colder the better.. and if i can get denser colder air into the intake and though the engine everything becomes better.. you would see much more respopnce no turbo cars anyways then n/a

rad panels are not made but if i had some company around ill make some more..

parts for my new car are ones i have already laying around or ones that came with the car.. ICBC pretty much stuck at just below 8G.. fuckin bastards.. my father says dont push your luck but I think i wanna keep going here..

anywho.. I bugged Timpo before on pics but as long as he posts pics of parts that dont come here i wouldnt ming seeing them.. try and keep it 1st and 2nd gen though since nobody here has a 3rd gen (YET)

p.s - washer fluid bottle is comeing out with a hammer your car might not be as stubbern u get the plasic panel off though..

a cold air on a turbo motor is kinda pointless tho cause the air just gets heated up in the turbo ne way.. cold days feel better cause of all the cold air blowing on the ICcooling off the intake charge more than on a hot day, also the air is less dence because of less humidity
__________________
2009 Mazda5 GT Lux pkg - Family wagon

FS 2000 civic DX B16A swap $3200obo
http://www.revscene.net/forums/fs-20...48#post7309348
Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 11:46 AM   #5797
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
 
bcty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Out Boosting
Posts: 1,621
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
cold air = more dense

colder the better
bcty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 11:57 AM   #5798
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 511
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just because it goes through the turbo doesn't mean it instantly heats up to a certain #. The colder the intake air the more power since denser air means less space therefore you can add more fuel hence creating more powerful combustion. It does definitely heat up when compressed but not as high as it were to if the intake was just sucking in hot engine bay air.

I'd rather have turbo response than a few added HP, the extra gains on average isn't worth it compared to a responsive throttle.
t0mmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 02:43 PM   #5799
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
Ramcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Say What?
Posts: 215
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tommy is a throttle respose nerd......and I can't say as I can argue with that
__________________
1987 Mazda Rx-7 Turbo II
1988 Mazda Rx-7 GXL
Spinning Dorito POWER!
Ramcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 03:18 PM   #5800
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Fastam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: dumbmestic vile
Posts: 3,680
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally posted by t0mmy
Just because it goes through the turbo doesn't mean it instantly heats up to a certain #. The colder the intake air the more power since denser air means less space therefore you can add more fuel hence creating more powerful combustion. It does definitely heat up when compressed but not as high as it were to if the intake was just sucking in hot engine bay air.

I'd rather have turbo response than a few added HP, the extra gains on average isn't worth it compared to a responsive throttle.
yes but if you have a good intercooler. it will cool the air to near the same temp. the difference is negledable . on a small stock IC it would be more effective,i wont argue that.

Last edited by Fastam; 12-14-2003 at 03:19 PM.
Fastam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net