REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 10-10-2002, 11:40 PM   #1176
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Quote:
Originally posted by Timpo
No, it is really easy.
I've done tons of reserch about importing a car from Japan and I've spent hundreds of hours of talking with Transport Canada agencies.
If the car is 15+years old, then you do not have to take inspections or anything. You can import/drive whatever you want.
If you can't believe me, you can call Transport Canada. Its on blue page.
Cool.I wonder what the grand total would be after shipping and taxes to get JDM 1st gen here.That would rule having prolly the only legal JDM SA22C in north america.
Advertisement

1988 Mazda B2200(Project Repu <----(For sale!!!!PM Me)http://photos3.hi5.com/0060/335/782/tm.xyx335782-02.jpg

2004 GMC CANYON SLE Crew cab 4x4(BIG Red)
Rx racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 01:28 AM   #1177
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

hehehehe i think it whould be funny all teh stoner fallowing you whoud be trippign caues you be on the other said of the car or some thing ehheheh right turner's get harder hehehe

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)
89 exo cage Toyota truck (so many gears to choose from)

I own nothing that is practical hahahaha
NashMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 08:05 AM   #1178
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rx racer
Cool.I wonder what the grand total would be after shipping and taxes to get JDM 1st gen here.That would rule having prolly the only legal JDM SA22C in north america.
Well...you can bring 1st gen, early 2nd gen, RX-3 or the Cosmo Sports. Anything as long as the car is 15+years old.

the 1st gen costs approx $5,000 to $20,000 in Japan. (2nd gen is cheaper)
Anyways, shipping costs approx $1200(could be more or less) and the tax will be 7-7.5 percent or 14.5 percent...I don't know. You will need to pay $100 if the car has an air conditioning.

So if you can get 1st gen for $5,000 then $1,200 and plus $100(if there is A/C) and the tax...

I don't know...$7,000 for the JDM 1st gen...not cheap...but I've seen the 1st gen for sale for $7,000 to $10,000 in Canada from www.buysell.com so I don't know if its cheap or expensive.
Early 2nd gen is sometimes cheaper than 1st gen in Canada(and in Japan).

Last edited by Timpo; 10-11-2002 at 08:06 AM.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 10:04 AM   #1179

Here are some JDM 1st gens...

Old 10-11-2002, 10:11 AM   #1180

Old 10-11-2002, 10:16 AM   #1181

Old 10-11-2002, 10:22 AM   #1182

Old 10-12-2002, 04:15 AM   #1183
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

For that price if I sell mine(Someone offered cash today but my starter died FUCK!)I might consider my friends '89 Rx7 GXL.Fully loaded to the nuts only thing is that the engine blew in may so it needs another one.I could prolly get it for cheap too.I know him fairly well.If I get the FC from him I sure will miss the looks of this car tho. Oh well.I love 7's weather I own one or not.Which I will.

1988 Mazda B2200(Project Repu <----(For sale!!!!PM Me)http://photos3.hi5.com/0060/335/782/tm.xyx335782-02.jpg

2004 GMC CANYON SLE Crew cab 4x4(BIG Red)
Rx racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 05:16 PM   #1184

Quote:
Originally posted by Rx racer
For that price if I sell mine(Someone offered cash today but my starter died FUCK!)I might consider my friends '89 Rx7 GXL.Fully loaded to the nuts only thing is that the engine blew in may so it needs another one.I could prolly get it for cheap too.I know him fairly well.If I get the FC from him I sure will miss the looks of this car tho. Oh well.I love 7's weather I own one or not.Which I will.
Then get an FC!! with RE-Amemiya stuff!!
More parts to get, you can modify lotz, fast, fun to drive, I know a person selling 3 row Greddy intercooler for an FC.
Old 10-12-2002, 05:39 PM   #1185

Old 10-12-2002, 09:35 PM   #1186

Old 10-13-2002, 12:01 AM   #1187
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally posted by Timpo
Then get an FC!! with RE-Amemiya stuff!!
More parts to get, you can modify lotz, fast, fun to drive, I know a person selling 3 row Greddy intercooler for an FC.

Talk to Ed ive been trying to get him to get one
bcty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 08:01 AM   #1188

Quote:
Originally posted by bcty
Talk to Ed ive been trying to get him to get one
What? Ed was gonna sell his FC to RX Racer? or Ed was buying that Greddy intercooler?
Old 10-13-2002, 10:20 AM   #1189

no get Ed to buy the intercooler! i have found a Professional rotary racer thats intrested in the island club, he has quite a vast experence with these engines and also builds lots of race engines, he is awesome and should be able to give us some advise.... he should be on here soon... i have decided to work on my car for a bit longer.. someone find me a T2 hood please.. and are hood pins fairly easy to install? where would i mount them to underneath.. and im going to powercoat my rims too, prob metalic black... we will c.. car get fixed webnsday yippie
Old 10-13-2002, 11:09 AM   #1190
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
or do you thinks thi is waste of money ps byt there is more then one car in the world so give up your stuber wasy and just get along
Ok at first I just found your off-topic posts mildly annoying, now I'm just getting pissed off.

This a RX-7 post, DO YOU UNDERSTAND? If you can't stay on-topic then leave.

I could care less if you occassionaly mention something about your car, but when you come into a thread dedicated to RX-7's and post about your Supra, it's just retarded. If we wanted to know about your Supra we'd go into the Supra thread.

... but you don't see us in there, do you? That's because we aren't interested in Supra's... so why would we want to hear about yours in an RX-7 thread?

Quit being an ass.

2001 Ford F150 *SOLD*
1988 RX-7 GX *SOLD*

Drinking when we're not thirsty is one of the few things that separates us from the beasts.

Last edited by EightTrack; 10-13-2002 at 11:10 AM.
EightTrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 11:22 AM   #1191

well i was never anoyed

i just come on here and chat some time who cares what i drive if i had rex whould you still b an ass know but i share intrest in rx7's well i just about bought one i showe you what rex was greg ( you want to get single cam civic

i sare intrest and you nick pic my every post about my car are you scared of it is it on the dark side caues it same class car

i never do this to any one that post or any thing caue si have respet for other peopel words and just say really that get

other wise i will still post and stuff

see i posted i was going on the dyno and asked if greg will do it as well

no9t my car my car bull shit

if any one drivews supra you hate em that is what i am catching

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)

Old 10-13-2002, 12:46 PM   #1192
Need to Seek Professional Help

Your being a complete moron and missing the point.

THIS IS A RX-7 POST. This post is for talking about RX-7's. I don't mind hearing about your Supra, but not in here.

Quote:
if any one drivews supra you hate em that is what i am catching
Again your being a fucking dumbass. I don't hate Supra's or their drivers. I dislike it when you come into the RX-7 post and talk about your Supra.

Quote:
see i posted i was going on the dyno and asked if greg will do it as well
You posted about your car and then said that I should dyno my car. Wow, that post was still entirely about your Supra.

Quote:
i never do this to any one that post or any thing caue si have respet for other peopel words and just say really that get
It has nothing to do with respect. You don't do this to anyone because people know not to post about other cars in the Supra thread.

Quote:
i sare intrest and you nick pic my every post about my car are you scared of it is it on the dark side caues it same class car
If you actually did share our interests you'd be talking about RX-7's, not your Supra.

2001 Ford F150 *SOLD*
1988 RX-7 GX *SOLD*

Drinking when we're not thirsty is one of the few things that separates us from the beasts.

Last edited by EightTrack; 10-13-2002 at 12:47 PM.
EightTrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 05:54 PM   #1193

Quote:
no get Ed to buy the intercooler! i have found a Professional rotary racer thats intrested in the island club, he has quite a vast experence with these engines and also builds lots of race engines, he is awesome and should be able to give us some advise.... he should be on here soon... i have decided to work on my car for a bit longer.. someone find me a T2 hood please.. and are hood pins fairly easy to install? where would i mount them to underneath.. and im going to powercoat my rims too, prob metalic black... we will c.. car get fixed webnsday yippie
yeah...he should buy that intercooler.
You are talking about Tetsuro from PK Motorsports right?
I thought Ed should buy that intercooler but he says he wants to get a HKS one...
Anyways, it is good to hear that you are going to keep your car.
I'm not sure about the hood pins...but good luck on modifying your car.
Are you still thinking about gettin GP Sports kits?
Old 10-13-2002, 06:01 PM   #1194

bcty, how much is T2 hood?
Old 10-13-2002, 10:30 PM   #1195

i am guessing its around $400 in a junkyard if i can find one... yeah Ed's going the full HKS thing... where is he now i havent heard from him in awhile... we should have another meet soon before winter rolls around and i loose my licence.. hehe.. anyways ya lookf or a T2 for me

hey Nashman, shut up ok.. dont even bother explaining yourself.. we dont wanna hear from you in here.. you dont help the discussion at all.. you waste all our time typeing back to you to shut the fuck up... and you still dont listin.... you send me pm's harassing me asking me what my problem is and then saying your cars all that.... man your cars a slow pos.. im sure it can beat most civics but it cant even beat my car and your a turbo hahahahah looser.. look dont reply here and you obv dont know more then we do about these cars so you cant help us, go help yourself and go back to school. fag, leave here... hahaha that was a good one
Old 10-13-2002, 10:38 PM   #1196

yeah about the GP kit... i dunno... i love the look of the 7 more i looks at it.. i might just put a S5 front on it and new paint and ill be happy.. i have a few things up in the air i wanna do but i need to pay off my new tranny, clutch and new engagement ring.. geese... debt... yeah.. i might buy a blown T2 for parts for my car.. we will c how that goes.. i really like the pic of all those rx7's lined up and theres a yellow one with a black hood that spiked my intrest... yeah lets get a meet going soon
Old 10-14-2002, 07:48 AM   #1197

Quote:
we should have another meet soon before winter rolls around and i loose my licence..
what do you mean by before loose your license were you joking or serious?
Old 10-14-2002, 07:52 AM   #1198

Quote:
i love the look of the 7 more i looks at it.. i might just put a S5 front on it and new paint and ill be happy..
thats what ed told me too. he likes the car way it is. what is C5 front
Old 10-14-2002, 08:15 AM   #1199

A red 3rd gen rex at the speed way blew his coolent seal to bad for him at lest that is what i was told

ps : Bcty your car is faster then mine,
But that's not what you really think.

Last edited by NashMan; 10-14-2002 at 08:19 AM.
Old 10-14-2002, 09:38 AM   #1200

S5 = Series 5 front end... i love the way it looks... S4 not that bad but its time to do all the trim and finish the S5 conversion.
hey can someone post a pic up of a S5 fron compared to a S4.. i need to see where my fog lights will be

p.s - nashman, we had a run before and you couldnt catch up. u just dont remember because your dumb stupid big supra