REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Review: Boonies BBQ & Soul Food (https://www.revscene.net/forums/529565-review-boonies-bbq-soul-food.html)

jlo mein 10-18-2008 12:01 AM

Haven't had my Boonie's fix in a while. I went all out and ate the pulled pork sandwich, smoked ribs, collared greens, and cornbread. My problem is that I find both the pulled pork and ribs so good, that I can't bring myself to visit Boonie's and not have each of them in one sitting. :p I also took home a peach cobbler and pecan pie.

Pictured below is the mini pecan pie (pics of other stuff already plastered through this thread).

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/IMG_6591.jpg

Durrann1984 10-18-2008 10:17 AM

how are the peach cobbblers and pecan pie?

Vansterdam 10-18-2008 10:46 AM

i been wanting to go to boonies for the longest time. but dam its so far from where i am

KingDeeCee 10-18-2008 06:36 PM

God damn, I wish I could go, but no car + so far.

carisear 10-18-2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 5840390)
wtf...just get on the trans-canada hwy and turn off onto 176th st

it's not THAT far of a drive

... from where i live, it takes 45 mins to get to port mann bridge -- and someone said it takes 15 mins from there -- yes, 1hr of driving *IS* fucking far to go for a concession stand food fix ...

quasi 10-20-2008 01:11 PM

I take my son skating every Wednesday night at the rink next to Boonies which makes not going almost impossible. The pulled pork is better then the ribs IMO.

jlo mein 04-03-2009 02:42 AM

Boonie's BBQ and Soul Food is closing! Last day they're open is Friday April 3 from 3PM-9PM.

Quote:

Last chance for Boonies BBQ & Soul Food!

... for a couple of months anyway... We are excited to announce that we are in negotiations to start up a REAL restaurant!

Planned completion is June 2009 - we will be posting more details as they become available.

Ribs in a Curling Rink? Who would have thought that was even possible ...and here we are just over a year later with many regular customers and loads of excellent reviews!

In the meantime, 5 Star Catering, whose catering facilities burned down a couple of weeks ago, has made us an offer for our space at the Curling Rink. We are truly sorry for the late notice but this Friday night will be our LAST night at the Curling Rink. It's been a LOT of hard work juggling both the curlers and restaurant customers, but we're glad we gave it a try and are looking forward to being able to focus solely on the restaurant customers in the future.

Try one of these options to stay in the loop:

Watch the Restaurant page on the website - www.boonies.ca
Join the mailing list on our website Contact Us page
Join our Facebook Group: Boonie's BBQ & Soul Food
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/BooniesBBQ
Plans are also in the works for Boonie's specialty food line: Hot Links, Cornbread Mix, BBQ Spice Rub... and more!

Thank You for Being Part of Our Success! I'll be back!

Boonie Sanders

K-Dub 04-03-2009 02:49 AM

Mother fucker!!!! I want that burger so bad.

Liquid_o2 04-03-2009 09:49 AM

Noooo... and I won't even be able to make it tonight for one more pulled pork sandwich. Hopefully they re-open in June somewhere, it will be a shame if they don't.

murd0c 04-03-2009 10:05 AM

FUCK I'm pissed

HonestTea 04-03-2009 01:47 PM

FUCK

SUCH LATE NOTICE :(

willystyle 04-03-2009 02:16 PM

Their RIBS are like crack to me.... *DROOLZ*

jlo mein 04-03-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Devil's Apprentice (Post 6363625)
FUCK

SUCH LATE NOTICE :(

I know I just received the email from his mailing list last night. I'm going to try to make the trek out tonight, hopefully he still has some food left when I get there. From his latest tweet on twitter it sounds like theres limited food and a lot of people stopping by.

JulyZerg 04-03-2009 03:43 PM

^ OH NOEZZZ

whats his twitter?

Laundry 04-03-2009 04:05 PM

Insider Info (not really, just talk to Boonie and he'll talk all day)

The new Boonie's looks like its gonna be in Walnut Grove, so just a quick exit off the Langley exit, he also wants to have a Jazz band playing in his new place and a ton of other stuff...

And man I need to get some ribs tonight, cause waiting til June gonna suck...

HonestTea 04-03-2009 06:28 PM

Just went and food was FANTASTIC!

The cashier(Not boonies) gave me a free sweet potato pie, REALLY nice guy! hahaha and helped me change the channel to Cavs vs ORL game.

orange7 04-03-2009 09:54 PM

omg.. i still haven't found the time and effort to make it all the way down there to try out the food..

as;fdjs;gljs;ga

DragonChi 04-03-2009 10:07 PM

^ ME TOO!!!
FACK, now i gotta wait till summer!

Vansterdam 04-03-2009 11:20 PM

dam i wanted to try everything gotta wait

bd0n 09-10-2009 01:05 AM

GOOD NEWS!

So finally some news!

Our offer on a restaurant in Maple Ridge has been accepted! Completion date is scheduled for September 15th and with luck we should be open by the end of September.

horay!

Jermyzy 09-10-2009 10:21 AM

Hooray! But MR?! Cloverdal was closer :p

Liquid_o2 09-10-2009 10:36 AM

Maple Ridge wtfffff

I used to live 5 minutes away from Boonies. Now I have to pay a toll to get there. The chances of myself going there often are slim to none.

I know rent is probably cheaper out there then it is in Surrey, but I think he is making a bad move going to Maple Ridge. His trade area has just shrunk DRAMATICALLY.

Maple Ridge has a population of approx 70k, while Pitt Meadows is a tad shy of 20k I believe. Add in the other small un-incorporated communities in the area, and you are looking at probably 100k people for a trade area.

Now look at Surrey, which has over 400k in population alone, and add Langley and Delta into the mix and you are well over half a million people.

He is probably banking on the fanbase he created from his Cloverdale location, but for most families that went there (and when I went there there were always quite a few), it is not economical to drive 30 minutes while paying a toll to eat at Boonies. There is only a certain distance people are willing to drive for a meal on a consistent basis.

He will still do OK, because his food is quality, and will serve the Maple Ridge area well, but he is missing out on larger markets by moving farther out.

I'll try to make my way down to his restaurant once, because that pulled pork was heavenly.

Edit: The price of commercial space has come down significantly all over the Lower Mainland, especially south of the Fraser, so I am also confused why he left the Surrey area which was more central to Richmond, Delta and Vancouver customers.

Death2Theft 09-10-2009 11:15 AM

Yeah well maybe that lazy bastard can now rock regular hours.

willystyle 09-10-2009 11:17 AM

Yeah, Maple Ridge? forget it!

Expresso 09-10-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willystyle (Post 6586002)
Yeah, Maple Ridge? forget it!

lol! Cloverdale wasn't a walk in the park either!