REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Review: Boonies BBQ & Soul Food (https://www.revscene.net/forums/529565-review-boonies-bbq-soul-food.html)

jlo mein 09-10-2009 01:06 PM

You beat me to it, I was going to post a new thread when his restaurant actually opens lol. I do agree that Maple Ridge seems to be a poor location. Boonie makes great food but I'm not sure of his business sense. I mean, opening a soul food restaurant at a Cloverdale curling rink? Now a Maple Ridge location? Boonies could be a huge hit in the Vancouver area with the right business knowledge and marketing. Look how popular Memphis Blues is with their crap BBQ!

willystyle 09-10-2009 01:10 PM

Memphis Blues is GROSS. Please don't draw comparisons with Boonies to that AGAIN.

Obsideon 09-10-2009 10:27 PM

Ok nevermind this was an old thread I'm stupid :)
So they are opening in MR now? I never heard of this place, should try it sometime. I hope they change the business hours or else I'll never be able to try it :(

2damaxmr2 09-10-2009 11:07 PM

i will try it when i head out to the range.

Durrann1984 09-10-2009 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willystyle (Post 6586178)
Memphis Blues is GROSS. Please don't draw comparisons with Boonies to that AGAIN.

whether u like it or not
its probably making more money than u
ohhhhhh snaapp

haha

willystyle 09-11-2009 10:15 AM

^ Sensitive much? Sounds like someone works there and hates their job.

TheSalesman 09-11-2009 10:46 AM

boonies > memphis x10
i live in east van and drove out to boonies 3 times for the ribs, burger and pulled pork. But then they closed.

Vansterdam 09-11-2009 05:46 PM

i had a dream last night wherei was taking the bridge over to maple ridge headng to boonies LOL

murd0c 09-11-2009 06:06 PM

nice thats close to my work, hopefully they are open for lunch

quasi 09-11-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSalesman (Post 6587777)
boonies > memphis x10
i live in east van and drove out to boonies 3 times for the ribs, burger and pulled pork. But then they closed.

Ya, I never really understood the hype about MB. I was only there once but I didn't think it was anything special at all, worse then that it wasn't even decent it was blah.

hal0g0dv2 09-11-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vansterdam (Post 6588253)
i had a dream last night wherei was taking the bridge over to maple ridge headng to boonies LOL

sounds like a good dream

Durrann1984 09-12-2009 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willystyle (Post 6587730)
^ Sensitive much? Sounds like someone works there and hates their job.

hmm well i dont work there

i just mean the owners are earning shitloads cuz ppl still eat there

Alphamale 09-12-2009 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durrann1984 (Post 6588782)
hmm well i dont work there

i just mean the owners are earning shitloads cuz ppl still eat there

Although I'm guilty of being a patron to their services (twice!), I think people who eat their are either there for a)novelty b)craving c)fucking idiots.

Most people are there for c) if they think MB is good shit.

bd0n 01-13-2010 01:47 AM

http://www.boonies.ca/restaurant.htm

hope this one pulls through this time, its allmost been a freaking year!

JulyZerg 01-13-2010 02:25 AM

Langley again...gay :(

jlo mein 01-13-2010 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bd0n (Post 6767950)
http://www.boonies.ca/restaurant.htm

hope this one pulls through this time, its allmost been a freaking year!

FUCK...I hate how they always lead you on with false dates. A couple weeks ago he posted this info on his facebook page, along with saying a late January unofficial opening and official February opening. From his website update it sounds like he still has tons of work to do and won't open anytime soon.

I NEED BOONIES lol.

Laundry 01-13-2010 08:36 AM

I hang out with people in Langley pretty often so this would be good news for me... but jesus, its been too long... Boonies Burger, Seasoned Fries, Pulled Pork, Small Dinner... its been too long...

bd0n 01-29-2010 12:36 AM

"The lease is signed and financing is complete. We are just waiting for washrooms which were apparently overlooked when building the restaurant! Hopefully they will be in place this week or next and we can move in and start this up!

We will be located in the Quality Inn & Suites in Langley - it's a brand new hotel on 201 Street at the back of the Home Depot Parking lot. We'll have about a 30 seat restaurant as well as an 80 seat banquet room at the hotel, and of course take out.

Don't look for us yet! We need washrooms before we can get our business licence! Just a few more weeks people but we'll let you know as soon as you can come in."

anyone wanna drive by and give me an update? :)

orange7 01-29-2010 12:45 AM

i'm hungry now :cry:

quasi 01-29-2010 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bd0n (Post 6792971)
"The lease is signed and financing is complete. We are just waiting for washrooms which were apparently overlooked when building the restaurant! Hopefully they will be in place this week or next and we can move in and start this up!

We will be located in the Quality Inn & Suites in Langley - it's a brand new hotel on 201 Street at the back of the Home Depot Parking lot. We'll have about a 30 seat restaurant as well as an 80 seat banquet room at the hotel, and of course take out.

Don't look for us yet! We need washrooms before we can get our business licence! Just a few more weeks people but we'll let you know as soon as you can come in."

Three minute drive from my house, can't wait till it's open.

Liquid_o2 01-29-2010 09:30 AM

I can't wait for this. He better be serious this time around.

jlo mein 01-29-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

FUUUUUUUUUUU...I was hoping to go there out in Langley for Valentine's Day to avoid driving into Vancouver during the Olympics. Now it sounds like they aren't opening until late February at the earliest.

Durrann 01-29-2010 10:51 PM

hes gonna be serving a lot more ppl than when he was at the curling rink

hope the quality that he pumps out is still the same.

Laundry 01-30-2010 12:01 AM

Quote:

I just checked the website and it doesn't say much of that, where'd you get the info from?

edit: Just saw the facebook page, my friend lives like right near there, he's gonna be estatic...

StealthFighter 01-30-2010 01:15 AM

i will venture out to langley to try this. i love soul/southern cooking