REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 01-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #4051
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Thanks but it was an exaggeration.
Yeah right hahaha
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #4052
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splmash View Post
Too true. You can't really judge a restaurant fairly during DineOut. And by the way, 3 Michelin stars is the max.
+1

its too bad, since the idea of Dineout is to promote going out to these restaurants during a slow time but this is what its turned into.
kyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #4053
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

anyone have suggestions on a korean/korean bbq restaurant?
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #4054
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
^
I don't eat a lot of Korean food. But out of the ones I've tried, Insadong's pretty good.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #4055
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hongy View Post
anyone have suggestions on a korean/korean bbq restaurant?
There are a few I go to in the Vancouver/Burnaby area.

Vancouver:
Choon ha choo dong
Dae Bak Bon Ga
Seoul Dookbaegi

Burnaby:
Han Woo Ri (Only for BBQ)

The best for korean BBQ has to be Han Woo Ri. The ones I listed in Vancouver are in order of preference. Choon Ha Choo Dong has to be my favourite all around Korean place in Vancouver with a good all around variety.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #4056
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Fortune City on 1st and Rupert.

Food was okay. The lobster was not fresh.

Service is -10000000000/10. Fucking bullshit mainlander "I don't give a fuck" attitude.

DON'T EVER EAT HERE if you want to have a satisfactory experience.
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:27 AM   #4057
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post

Service is -10000000000/10. Fucking bullshit mainlander "I don't give a fuck" attitude.

1st and renfrew? I don't think that place has been good for a few years now.
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:30 AM   #4058
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Fortune city as in the one on top of tnt right? I never had bad service there lol,
Posted via RS Mobile
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:30 AM   #4059
I help report spam so I got this! &lt;--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
There are a few I go to in the Vancouver/Burnaby area.

Vancouver:
Choon ha choo dong
Dae Bak Bon Ga
Seoul Dookbaegi

Burnaby:
Han Woo Ri (Only for BBQ)

The best for korean BBQ has to be Han Woo Ri. The ones I listed in Vancouver are in order of preference. Choon Ha Choo Dong has to be my favourite all around Korean place in Vancouver with a good all around variety.
I gotta try this Han Woo Ri out. I went to Dae Bak Bon Ga Downtown and wasn't impressed at all. Me and my gf have grown fond of Kyo but it wasn't really Korean BBQ, just BBQ and sushi.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #4060
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:

Dont ever buy what they called "LIVE" crabs or lobster, I am sure they gave you a dead one. Same with Venice Garden, they will give you dead ones too.
Or if not dead, they will at least jew you out 2 lbs
-"--"-
Doubl3_H is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #4061

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheDLo View Post
Fortune city as in the one on top of tnt right? I never had bad service there lol,
Posted via RS Mobile
Maybe our standards of bad service are different. It's not as though they ignored me, it's HOW they conducted the actual service (aka, reaching across the entire diameter of the table and over our food to get a tea pot and later doing the same thing to put it down rather than walking around the table.)

It also didn't help they kept on asking us if we were finished and rushed us to leave. The fuckers put down our dessert before even cleaning up the table and there was already no space!!

Fuck idiot run establishment. Don't ever go. Boycott this piece of shit and put all those shitty mainlanders out of business.
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:22 PM   #4062
My homepage has been set to RS

that sushi joint in metrotown's food court.

I had the Combo with yaki soba noodles/3 gyozas/3 cali/3 tuna/ and a salad. Sucked..

0/10. It all sucked. Waste of money, food was bland and did I mention sucked....
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #4063

Mucho Burrito

Had a 12" steak burrito

mucho not bad
mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #4064
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
ate at the sushi place on rupert next to the awesome comic book shop

yakitori

(unagi was done perfectly)

lobster and bok choi roll.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #4065

How much was each dish Majin?
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #4066
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Quote:
Maybe our standards of bad service are different. It's not as though they ignored me, it's HOW they conducted the actual service (aka, reaching across the entire diameter of the table and over our food to get a tea pot and later doing the same thing to put it down rather than walking around the table.)

It also didn't help they kept on asking us if we were finished and rushed us to leave. The fuckers put down our dessert before even cleaning up the table and there was already no space!!

Fuck idiot run establishment. Don't ever go. Boycott this piece of shit and put all those shitty mainlanders out of business.
sorry to hear that, never had that problem except for that one fat bitch that works there, we found hair in our food and told her, she took it out and left.. fucking cunt, called over the manager and they gave us a new serving
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #4067
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
How much was each dish Majin?
pretty pricey

Sushi Kimura Restaurant Sushi and Japanese Style Cuisine - Sushi Sashimi Kobe Beef Omakase

ended up spending 70 dollars with my friend. but we ate alot.

didn't take a picture of the tempura, or the quail eggs.

toro was pretty good. shame no otoro.

nicely decorated too. Honestly for the location the price is a little high, but I don't know of much places to eat in the old hood.

gotta take a date there next time.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2012, 03:24 AM   #4068
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

2X Vegetarian Vietnamese sandwiches from Chong-Lee Supermarket on Rupert. Tasty, cheap and filling (only 5 bux for 2).
LIKEABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #4069
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,760 Times in 902 Posts
Saboten @ Aberdeen Food Court

This chain restauraunt from Japan that sells fried pork chop was the new hype. We were there anyways so decided to try it out. The lineup was long so we expected to wait so it wasn't a surprise. Started lining up at 1220 and finally got to the cashier and ordered at 1245. We were number 88 and 2 people ahead of us number 86 ordered exactly the same thing we did, more on this later.

Like I said we knew it would be a while so we were patient. I can hear the pick up section calling out numbers and it was approaching the 80's, it was about 110pm now. I sat at a bit of a distance because I know when order number 86 got their food it will basically be my turn or so I thought. Was I horribly wrong. They got their food at 120pm and then it all went downhill from there. They skipped my order all the way to 91 and started calling 92,93 etc. I need to note that their menu is slim and everything was similiar, deep fried pork so it wasn't like my order would take that much longer over anyone elses. This big 6 women starts getting pissed and says she's number 90 where the fuck is my stuff and they make excuses about it. I then show the big 6 chick that I'm 88 and she starts getting angrier and yells at them on her and my behalf. There are other people in the 90's who start joining in. The most frustrating part is I see them giving orders to other people who ordered the same shiet I ordered. Again they make some excuses and fast forward to 145pm I finally get my food. 1 hour 25 mins from lining up to getting my food is not acceptable no matter how you cut it. They aren't cooking anything, the pork chop goes in the deep fryer, the soup is made, the rice is made, its really no different than mcdonalds. It also wasn't a lack of employees as they had tons of workers, 1 who scoops rice, 1 who scoops soup etc. Yes their new so they might not have it down but even with that said this was ridiculous.

The food itself wasn't all that great but not like I was expecting it to be mind blowing. The crunch and fluffiness to the batter was good but it lacked in the taste department. Will never go again. Yes I shouldn't have gone with the hype but it still doesn't justify this poorly run place. Stay clear revsceners you will be disappointed I promise.
Posted via RS Mobile
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #4070

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post

This chain restauraunt from Japan that sells fried pork chop was the new hype. We were there anyways so decided to try it out. The lineup was long so we expected to wait so it wasn't a surprise. Started lining up at 1220 and finally got to the cashier and ordered at 1245. We were number 88 and 2 people ahead of us number 86 ordered exactly the same thing we did, more on this later.

Like I said we knew it would be a while so we were patient. I can hear the pick up section calling out numbers and it was approaching the 80's, it was about 110pm now. I sat at a bit of a distance because I know when order number 86 got their food it will basically be my turn or so I thought. Was I horribly wrong. They got their food at 120pm and then it all went downhill from there. They skipped my order all the way to 91 and started calling 92,93 etc. I need to note that their menu is slim and everything was similiar, deep fried pork so it wasn't like my order would take that much longer over anyone elses. This big 6 women starts getting pissed and says she's number 90 where the fuck is my stuff and they make excuses about it. I then show the big 6 chick that I'm 88 and she starts getting angrier and yells at them on her and my behalf. There are other people in the 90's who start joining in. The most frustrating part is I see them giving orders to other people who ordered the same shiet I ordered. Again they make some excuses and fast forward to 145pm I finally get my food. 1 hour 25 mins from lining up to getting my food is not acceptable no matter how you cut it. They aren't cooking anything, the pork chop goes in the deep fryer, the soup is made, the rice is made, its really no different than mcdonalds. It also wasn't a lack of employees as they had tons of workers, 1 who scoops rice, 1 who scoops soup etc. Yes their new so they might not have it down but even with that said this was ridiculous.

The food itself wasn't all that great but not like I was expecting it to be mind blowing. The crunch and fluffiness to the batter was good but it lacked in the taste department. Will never go again. Yes I shouldn't have gone with the hype but it still doesn't justify this poorly run place. Stay clear revsceners you will be disappointed I promise.
Posted via RS Mobile
Thanks for the long review ! I will "thank" you when I get home, I saw the line-up and this was my face and after when I saw the menu and what ppl were served (small portions), this was my face
Posted via RS Mobile
blee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #4071
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,760 Times in 902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee123 View Post
Thanks for the long review ! I will "thank" you when I get home, I saw the line-up and this was my face and after when I saw the menu and what ppl were served (small portions), this was my face
Posted via RS Mobile
NP, when I went to line up initially the line actually wasn't too bad. At least not to the point where I was like holy fuck but it still took a while. Id say there were about 10 people in front of me but after I waited about 15 mins the line behind me was pretty crazy, a total of at least 20 people in line and still forming.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #4072
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile
I've had just about everything in Aberdeen, and imo nothing there is worth lining up for, EVER.

But people still insist on waiting hours and hours on end for mediocre dimsum, baked goods, or food court joints. And people wonder why you can't ever find a fucking parking spot at Aberdeen.
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #4073
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,436 Times in 4,279 Posts
Aberdeen - avoid like the plague.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #4074
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Quote:
I then show the big 6 chick that I'm 88 and she starts getting angrier and yells at them on her and my behalf.
Guess you're the lucky one

How was the pricing?
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #4075
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
I gotta try this Han Woo Ri out. I went to Dae Bak Bon Ga Downtown and wasn't impressed at all. Me and my gf have grown fond of Kyo but it wasn't really Korean BBQ, just BBQ and sushi.
I've never been to the downtown one.

Only been to the one on West 4th. Size is a bit small but they have the best kimchi pancake there.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote