REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 01-09-2015, 12:39 PM   #20176
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK-EK View Post
Since the last one left me, I just ate and ate and ate
and even know I feel like I'm Fat (I was fat before, but now I feel fat)
Food heals the heart and soul too not just your body.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2015, 12:45 PM   #20177

Life with car parts and track days. Much simple. Such happiness. Wow.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:27 PM   #20178
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
^^Women are just attention whores.

They act like they don't like being stared at but deep down they enjoy the attention. The feeling of being "desired".

Don't think there's any way out of a friend zone but who knows... You ignoring her might make her low self esteem like you.

Treat em like dirt and they'll stick like mud
I agree with what you're saying but I hate how even at this age I have to resort to this stupid childish shit (i.e. ignoring). What ever happened to direct communication...
rzrshrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:42 PM   #20179
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,245 Times in 274 Posts
I just 'stumbledupon' this quote... I like it and thought I would share.

Quote:
There are several kinds of love. One is a selfish, mean, grasping, egotistical thing which uses love for self-importance. This is the ugly and crippling kind. The other is an outpouring of everything good in you — of kindness and consideration and respect — not only the social respect of manners but the greater respect which is recognition of another person as unique and valuable. The first kind can make you sick and small and weak but the second can release in you strength, and courage and goodness and even wisdom you didn’t know you had.

also on the totally opposite end of the spectrum I was shown this today:

http://markmanson.net/not-giving-a-fuck

Quote:
In my life, I have given a fuck about many people and many things. I have also not given a fuck about many people and many things. And those fucks I have not given have made all the difference.
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
I believe cars are meant to be driven. I see zero point in having a beautiful car and never driving it. Might as well have Miranda Kerr in your bed and sleeping on the ground cause you don't want to fudge her mascara...

We go through our entire lives being told what to do every step of the way. The garage was always the one place where you could indulge in your own passion, with not a care for the outside world.

Last edited by Godzira; 01-09-2015 at 02:11 PM.
Godzira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:34 PM   #20180
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzrshrp View Post
What ever happened to direct communication...
only computers do this.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:05 PM   #20181

This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2015, 08:14 AM   #20182
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
LOL

I thought I would be the one breaking down last night

Sigh.... I talk like I know shit, but I'm just as lost as you bro
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:31 PM   #20183
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
Food heals the heart and soul too not just your body.
Food is just a band-aid, it doesn't heal anything.
Pegacorn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2015, 08:08 PM   #20184
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,306 Times in 1,982 Posts
So far 2015 has been off to a bad start. Hitting the bottle. Don't worry, I don't drive even after one.

Life can get fucked, everyone I personally know can get fucked. At least I can count on the Sun to brighten my day.

GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2015, 11:44 PM   #20185
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegacorn View Post
You're not a fat boy. You'll never understand how much food means to us
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2015, 11:56 AM   #20186
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegacorn View Post
enter the morbidly obese folks to say otherwise
Exc3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 01:22 PM   #20187
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzrshrp View Post
Do you guys think it's bad to ignore a girl?

I'm 20 y/o now and long story short this girl I liked didn't really like me back, but appreciated the attention I gave her (i.e. didn't value my presence at all). But whenever she sees me she wants me to say hi to her (I can tell b/c she stares at me hoping I will say something) but never does it herself.

I ignored her completely yesterday when she passed by when I was standing with my friends, but my female friend said that was a mean thing to do to her. I feel bad now haha, do you guys really think it's bad that I ignored her?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
^^Women are just attention whores.

They act like they don't like being stared at but deep down they enjoy the attention. The feeling of being "desired".

Don't think there's any way out of a friend zone but who knows... You ignoring her might make her low self esteem like you.

Treat em like dirt and they'll stick like mud
Rzr, I suggest you read Neil Strauss' "The Game"... it's more of a story but interspersed are little tidbits of fact regarding picking up - and maintaining - female interest.

It's all based on "cat string" theory... dangle a string in front of a cat's face and just leave it there, the cat will play around for a bit but get bored. Dangle that same string and move it back and forth, around and around, just out of reach of that cat and it will be entertained for hours and hours. The same applies to women. If you give off the appearance of being 'too easy' she will lose interest really fast. If you make it a challenge for her - because women are extremely competitive, I argue more so than men - she will never stop trying.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 03:34 AM   #20188
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
It's really the shittiest feeling in the world knowing that none of your actions are going to be appreciated in the house you live in by your parents, yet you still cling onto the hope that perhaps things will get better, when in fact nothing has improved over the last couple years and is only getting worse...
Things are not going to get better for you; I know this from experience. The more you let them mistreat you, the more they will take advantage of that. Don't let them guilt you into the "I made you so you have to do as I say" bullshit. Eventually you'll just have to think for yourself and figure out the best course of action to ensure that your life won't be in shambles by the time you're in your mid/late-twenties. That could mean ignoring your parents and toughing it out until you're financially stable, or taking your chances and moving out.
Parts > Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:12 AM   #20189
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARANOiA-R34 View Post
Rzr, I suggest you read Neil Strauss' "The Game"... it's more of a story but interspersed are little tidbits of fact regarding picking up - and maintaining - female interest.

It's all based on "cat string" theory... dangle a string in front of a cat's face and just leave it there, the cat will play around for a bit but get bored. Dangle that same string and move it back and forth, around and around, just out of reach of that cat and it will be entertained for hours and hours. The same applies to women. If you give off the appearance of being 'too easy' she will lose interest really fast. If you make it a challenge for her - because women are extremely competitive, I argue more so than men - she will never stop trying.
as a girl I approve of this message.
I believe cars are meant to be driven. I see zero point in having a beautiful car and never driving it. Might as well have Miranda Kerr in your bed and sleeping on the ground cause you don't want to fudge her mascara...

We go through our entire lives being told what to do every step of the way. The garage was always the one place where you could indulge in your own passion, with not a care for the outside world.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:17 AM   #20190
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Quote:
Replace that sadness with anger and hit the gym or go outside and just run away from it all for a while, rain or shine. Drop pounds, look better, and be ready to meet new people.

Either that or keep your mind busy; didn't have time to complete a project because of the girlfriend bitchin'? Do it now. Didn't have time to spend with your dog because of the girlfriend bitchin'? Do it now. Didn't have time to game because of the girlfriend bitchin'? Do it now. Didn't have time to travel because of the girlfriend bitchin'? Do it now.

You would be surprised how much you can accomplish without baggage. I've met so many great people after I got out of a rut because I changed my reality into something I wanted. Do not let reality warp you. Nike's been saying "Just [fucking] do it" for decades for good reason.

Hell, you wanna hang out? I'll hang with you, bro. No homo.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 04:34 PM   #20191
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
Replace that sadness with anger and hit the gym or go outside and just run away from it all for a while, rain or shine. Drop pounds, look better, and be ready to meet new people.

Either that or keep your mind busy; didn't have time to complete a project because of the girlfriend bitchin'? Do it now. Didn't have time to spend with your dog because of the girlfriend bitchin'? Do it now. Didn't have time to game because of the girlfriend bitchin'? Do it now. Didn't have time to travel because of the girlfriend bitchin'? Do it now.

You would be surprised how much you can accomplish without baggage. I've met so many great people after I got out of a rut because I changed my reality into something I wanted. Do not let reality warp you. Nike's been saying "Just [fucking] do it" for decades for good reason.

you bro's wanna hang? No homo.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:05 PM   #20192
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARANOiA-R34 View Post

Thanks bro, I did learn my lesson and I have read that book. I was a bit too "easy" at that time like you said. But hey, it's a numbers game, I think the best experience comes from actually going out and trying (and failing... repeatedly). You learn what you did wrong and try to be better the next time. This, by far, is the best form of learning. Better than any book I'd say.
rzrshrp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 05:35 PM   #20193
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
it's scary how comfortable you can become with someone when things just click. scary, but at the same time it feels natural...only time will tell how far this can go, but maybe when you know you just know?
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 06:05 PM   #20194
J89
RS controls my life!

Hopefully some people can chime in, was debating this with a friend the other day as he went through a breakup not too long ago.

CAN people have on and off switches for emotions?

Like if your S.O says they love you and you can confirm it through mutual feelings but they can leave the relationship with minimal damage and just peace?

#coldheartedbitch or just a front?
J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:44 PM   #20195
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by J89 View Post
Hopefully some people can chime in, was debating this with a friend the other day as he went through a breakup not too long ago.

Like if your S.O says they love you and you can confirm it through mutual feelings but they can leave the relationship with minimal damage and just peace?

yes some people have this switch.. i usually meet the 2 following types:

- people that don't give a damn or never did give a damn
- it was too much to handle so their mind just shuts down and nothing gets registered

usually when a girl (or anyone really) leaves a relationship with minimal damage.. it's usually because the thought has been on their mind for a while and they had plenty of time to mentally/emotionally prime themselves for it.. it's not coldheartedbitch or a front - it's called preparation
lady_mapetite is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2015, 12:01 AM   #20196

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post

Another way to get over it? Buy car parts. Build your car. Not to be confused with buying a nicer car, because you need to toil on the project to get over it.

This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2015, 08:29 AM   #20197
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J89 View Post

I was with my ex for almost 10 years and when it ended I moved on within a few weeks. I lost a lot of really good friends and it was hard but sometimes things just play their course. It hurt once in a while, don't get me wrong, but everyone copes differently.

Old 01-16-2015, 05:51 PM   #20198
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Damn I feel lonely when I look at happy couples..
JShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2015, 01:21 PM   #20199
I STILL don't get it

1 year together. When I was younger, I could imagine myself with someone for 1, 4, 15 years together, but heartache in the past couple of years made me weary that I could achieve that, at least not at the age of 23. But through personal growth and finding a person who would and did grow with me, I am slowly hopeful that I can find a love that will last. My fear that we'll break up at any given day is fading away, replaced by a confidence that anything that is successful needs to be worked on tirelessly and living in fear hinders growth. I do not take our relationship for granted as I understand fully that what we have may not last forever. But through continuous growth, care, and communication, I think this can work. For how long I do not know, but I'm learning and growing and in love, and I can't help but be hopeful and count my blessings.
etodac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2015, 06:03 PM   #20200
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Life as we age we know there's things we do.

Home - purchased
Ring - purchased

super... super stressed, money is so tight just to make ends meet. But at the end, I know it would make us both happy... it's worth it
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: