REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 02-16-2015, 08:42 PM   #20326
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
age shouldn't matter that much.
True. I'm 35 and mid 20's females think the gap is too big and 30+ Woman think I look too young. Not my fault I look after myself doubled by baby face lol

6thGear. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:56 PM   #20327
I am Hook'd on RS

it's nice to be able to wear my high heels again.. how i miss thee
lady_mapetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:07 PM   #20328
GS8

Thanked 7,278 Times in 1,968 Posts
Today, I left my job. The one I helped to build and shape within a smaller company. Started as a dream and turned into a tragedy. Thankfully through the pile or rubble, I found a glint of light. I found something else. Better pay, less responsibilities. Next week, I start new and fresh and I cannot wait.

But part of me thinks of my friends who are still there and if they will ever leave. They deserve better but it's ultimately up to them I guess.

Anyone else spend more time worrying about the fate / welfare of others than yourself?

Also, I had one too many shots of Angostura 7 year. Life is a lot like this rum.........bittersweet
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:59 AM   #20329
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
I really want to call out the people who say one thing and do another, y'all are the reason why the world is what it is today.

If you come across one of these kinds, give them a high five..in the face..with a chair.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:57 PM   #20330
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
True. I'm 35 and mid 20's females think the gap is too big and 30+ Woman think I look too young. Not my fault I look after myself doubled by baby face lol
Could be one of two things:

1. You look too young for women in their 30s because of the way you dress and/or carry yourself. Most women in their 30s want a man, or at least one who looks respectable, as opposed to a man-child. If you have a babyface, it should be seen as a good thing because most women will appreciate a man who ages well. Buy some good shoes, buy a few button-down shirts, a blazer and that babyface will no longer be seen as a liability.

2. The women you're pursuing are bar stars and have unrealistic expectations.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:32 PM   #20331
I STILL don't get it

Thank you for all the advice. I've read them all and I'm in a better place now. Not better place as in heaven, but mentally. I'm not so desperate for a new job, just allowing myself time to find the right one, and find other avenues to improve while I do that.
etodac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:35 PM   #20332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
Could be one of two things:

1. You look too young for women in their 30s because of the way you dress and/or carry yourself. Most women in their 30s want a man, or at least one who looks respectable, as opposed to a man-child. If you have a babyface, it should be seen as a good thing because most women will appreciate a man who ages well. Buy some good shoes, buy a few button-down shirts, a blazer and that babyface will no longer be seen as a liability.

2. The women you're pursuing are bar stars and have unrealistic expectations.

I think im leaning towards No2. Lol. Except I don't meet them at bars/clubs since I don't club much these days
6thGear. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:30 PM   #20333
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Can't wait to surprise the GF with a non-Valentines Valentines Day. I personally hate crowds, feeling in a rush to eat and vacate my table by greedy waiters, and the long lines at flower/card/gift buying places.... as I mentioned before in this thread, I also don't like the idea of some commercialized Hallmark holiday that has no bearing on my relationship other than giving girls a pissing contest over whose BF is "best", which is somehow shown by expensive gifts and Instagram food pictures.

I suggested we don't do V-Day this year, but I could tell from her browsing social networks and seeing everyone's V-Day that she was a little envious.

... so I am going to surprise her next week with flowers sent to her workplace, a home cooked dinner, movie at home and a cute dress/heels (great way to get her to wear something she ordinarily wouldn't, btw) that I haven't decided on yet. All without spending an eternity in line, with no stress, not wasting money on a rushed meal at a nice restaurant, and flowers that aren't given the infamous Valentines tax. Feels good man!
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-17-2015, 10:42 PM   #20334
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
My valentines gift was the bf permitting the FD for the weekend no better way to a rotary girl's heart than through a nice cruise on a fantastic day in an rx7 imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:50 AM   #20335
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,245 Times in 274 Posts
when your bf/gf talks about the future do they say "my" instead of "our" or 'I' instead of "we"

??

It kinda bugs me when he says that's what MY house is going to look like, or eventually "I'M going to travel to europe" etc.
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
I believe cars are meant to be driven. I see zero point in having a beautiful car and never driving it. Might as well have Miranda Kerr in your bed and sleeping on the ground cause you don't want to fudge her mascara...

We go through our entire lives being told what to do every step of the way. The garage was always the one place where you could indulge in your own passion, with not a care for the outside world.
Godzira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:57 AM   #20336
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
Because unconsciouly he doesnt want to buy a house with you and travel to Europe with you
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2015, 09:00 AM   #20337
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK-EK View Post
Because unconsciouly he doesnt want to buy a house with you and travel to Europe with you
That's exactly what I'm worried about..
I believe cars are meant to be driven. I see zero point in having a beautiful car and never driving it. Might as well have Miranda Kerr in your bed and sleeping on the ground cause you don't want to fudge her mascara...

We go through our entire lives being told what to do every step of the way. The garage was always the one place where you could indulge in your own passion, with not a care for the outside world.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:19 AM   #20338
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
when your bf/gf talks about the future do they say "my" instead of "our" or 'I' instead of "we"

??

It kinda bugs me when he says that's what MY house is going to look like, or eventually "I'M going to travel to europe" etc.
Quote:
Quote:
Over-analyzing doesn't help anybody. It came from the mouth of a guy, it could mean anything.

Eventually "I want to travel to Thailand, Malaysia, and Vietnam." Doesn't mean my gf wouldn't be coming with me. If you want a clear-cut answer, make a joke and say "so when are we going to Europe" and see what his reaction is and what he says. Jumping to a conclusion I'm sure already made you feel insecure of the relationship, and puts doubts in your mind.

And that is how a relationship fails.

Spoiler!
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2015, 07:58 AM   #20339
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
I love the wisdom of experience
Spoiler!
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2015, 10:58 AM   #20340
うに

Quote:
If he doesn't want you, I swear, I will date you; I will date the shit out of you.

Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2015, 11:11 AM   #20341
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,178 Times in 2,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
Over-analyzing doesn't help anybody. It came from the mouth of a guy, it could mean anything.

Eventually "I want to travel to Thailand, Malaysia, and Vietnam." Doesn't mean my gf wouldn't be coming with me. If you want a clear-cut answer, make a joke and say "so when are we going to Europe" and see what his reaction is and what he says. Jumping to a conclusion I'm sure already made you feel insecure of the relationship, and puts doubts in your mind.

Spoiler!
+1. It could be he doesn't want to be presumptuous to assume that you also want to do whatever he wants to do/go where he wants to go, especially if you hadn't discussed it specifically.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2015, 11:17 AM   #20342
RS controls my life!

Quote:
If he doesn't want you, I swear, I will date you; I will date the shit out of you.

Spoiler!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
+1. It could be he doesn't want to be presumptuous to assume that you also want to do whatever he wants to do/go where he wants to go, especially if you hadn't discussed it specifically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post

Spoiler!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
I'm not overanalyzing it or anything its just happened a few times.. and it kinda bugs me, I hope its just as you said.

Spoiler!

Old 02-19-2015, 11:39 AM   #20343
うに

..... If you went with it; you'd be the one pitying me
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2015, 11:43 AM   #20344
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Don't give up your dream girl, PK..
Old 02-19-2015, 01:07 PM   #20345
うに

Kristy B.... </3
Old 02-19-2015, 02:49 PM   #20346
I subscribe to Revscene

HAHA PK lol.. "date the shit out of you" good one
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:43 PM   #20347
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:

Spoiler!
So what are you doing different from him? Just continuous dating and breaking for Godzira. If you really want it, put it a ring on it. :3
fourthavenuecafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:24 PM   #20348
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:07 PM   #20349
うに

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthavenuecafe View Post
So what are you doing different from him? Just continuous dating and breaking for Godzira. If you really want it, put it a ring on it. :3
I firmly belive there is always someone who loves the other Person more in a relationship.

I have a sense that Godzira is the one giving more then what she is getting in her current relationship.

Being a kid that grew up in a single parent family.
I'm sure my mommy issues will actually help me in this relationship. I know as a fact that I will be the one loving more in the relationship.
I am your classic pussy whipped guy
And that is exactly what Godzira needs. I'm the one, I am the last
#WongFu
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-19-2015, 08:50 PM   #20350
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
the fuck lol