REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Shipping to Point Roberts (https://www.revscene.net/forums/543283-shipping-point-roberts.html)

4444 12-17-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex123 (Post 8108936)
Feel bad for you, BUT IF you lived in Tsawwassen, I'm pretty sure the border is open 24 hours and as is the gas station. So you can go before or after work when there are no lines. Literally in and out in 5 minutes.

oh, that's not me, no kids here - not at all, but just giving some perspective as to why everyone doesn't do it

i get gas when i pick up packages, 2 birds, 1 stone - going before work sounds like a great plan, but jesus, can never get up early enough!! (maybe those extra 30 mins in bed are worth $10!!!)

6thGear. 12-17-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mx703 (Post 8109315)
Does anyone know the procedure with Canada customs is if you're returning an item?
I just picked up a jacket today and paid taxes on the jacket. It doesn't fit so i'm going to return it. Anyone know the procedure on getting the taxes back on the jacket?

Also, my first experience with point 2 point...
I picked up a couple things and the staff aren't that friendly. They are clearly overwhelmed with the Christmas rush and seem all over the place. The "bigger" lady is clearly stressed out and the younger kid with the dreads doesn't give a eff, lol. They gave me the wrong package, good thing I checked. Guy in the back didn't read the name right. So make sure you double check your items.

They don't seem any more or less organized than TLC. I'd say TSB's customer service and experience is better overall. Their entrance is small so if it gets busy you'll be waiting outside which some people had to do, but I don't know if that's really a con. It was cold today though.

I would probably still use p2p, just don't expect anything better or worse than TLC.

Also, p2p charges you tax on their fee. I don't remember if TSB or TLC charges tax on their fee or not?

I have exchanged items before and that was what I had to do to avoid additional taxes/duty. Bring all documentation with you, receipt of sale and the receipt of duty and taxes paid. You'll have to go into CBSA border FIRST before going into USA and explain your situation. When crossing at the USA border, be sure to disclose that you are bringing American goods back into the USA to avoid American duty/taxes. Now, I'm pretty sure that if you're entitled to a duty/tax refund, you won't be getting it on the spot, I suspect you will have to fill out forms and wait for them to send you a cheque?

I was also using p2p for the first time today. Pretty much sums it up. Also their disorganization meant having to wait in line almost 20 mins. There were 3 people in front of me and then took another 15 mins for them to find my package.

ilvtofu 12-17-2012 07:41 PM

It's fun to watch Sam "bigger guy" @ P2P waddle around grabbing packages, they are definitely disorganized but at least they set up a second computer for christmas.
The heavy set lady seems to always be struggling and asking questions.

I gave the younger tall girl my invoices to help find my stuff easier and she forgot to give it back and I also forgot that I gave em to her until I put everything in my car, had to scramble through the lineup and look like a douche to ask her to find em for me...

I mainly use P2P for the walking distance from the border, I think from now on I'll try shipping bigger packages to PRShell

icemiko 12-18-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Does anyone know the procedure with Canada customs is if you're returning an item?
I just picked up a jacket today and paid taxes on the jacket. It doesn't fit so i'm going to return it. Anyone know the procedure on getting the taxes back on the jacket?

Also, my first experience with point 2 point...
I picked up a couple things and the staff aren't that friendly. They are clearly overwhelmed with the Christmas rush and seem all over the place. The "bigger" lady is clearly stressed out and the younger kid with the dreads doesn't give a eff, lol. They gave me the wrong package, good thing I checked. Guy in the back didn't read the name right. So make sure you double check your items.

They don't seem any more or less organized than TLC. I'd say TSB's customer service and experience is better overall. Their entrance is small so if it gets busy you'll be waiting outside which some people had to do, but I don't know if that's really a con. It was cold today though.

I would probably still use p2p, just don't expect anything better or worse than TLC.

Also, p2p charges you tax on their fee. I don't remember if TSB or TLC charges tax on their fee or not?

I was at P2P on Saturday and they were very disorganized, they couldn't find my package and kept asking me if I am sure it was there. I called 2 days ago and some lady that picked up the phone confirmed it was there. After waiting for 30min they finally found it, I also had to wait inline for about 20min for my turn before that.

Spartacus 12-18-2012 03:43 PM

Anyone have the number or website at pr-shell to Register yourself at that location?
Posted via RS Mobile

UFO 12-18-2012 03:45 PM

Google :)

tonyzoomzoom 12-18-2012 03:54 PM

prshell.com

sexyaccord 12-18-2012 07:23 PM

Shell being opens on sunday is just the icing on the cake.

Sunday Shell Point Roberts RS Meet?

lol

SoulCrusher 12-18-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

You have to go into the CBSA office with the goods that you will be returning and the duties/tax printout that you were given. The officer will complete a document to show that that goods in question were exported or destroyed. You will be given a refund adjustment form that you complete and submit. If everything is completed correctly your refund will take 6-8.

Best thing to do is try on the goods there and if it doesnt work out, return them back to the sender. Saves your from the hassle.

TheKingdom2000 12-19-2012 01:29 AM

^Yeah, I should have tried it on there. Wasn't thinking. I'll definitely do that next time since it'll save me a lot of trouble.

InvisibleSoul 12-19-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

No, it's always a round number at TLC. Always has been.

Basically, P2P is like TLC five years ago. They're going through the same growing pains now, it sounds like.

Armind 12-23-2012 02:07 PM

Which service would you guys recommend?

This will be my first time shipping to PR.

SoulCrusher 12-23-2012 02:14 PM

Shell stn.
Posted via RS Mobile

TheKingdom2000 12-23-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armind (Post 8114252)
Which service would you guys recommend?

This will be my first time shipping to PR.

I would go with TSB. They have a proven track record and have been there awhile.
Though, Shell seems to be getting good reviews and they're open sundays.

Meowjin 12-23-2012 10:29 PM

p2p and just walk over.

beebob 12-23-2012 10:53 PM

I have always used TSB, nothing but great things to say about them.

Recon604 12-26-2012 07:01 PM

p2p parcel sell packaging material such as boxes there right?
I need to ship a parcel from there

AYAutocare 12-26-2012 07:13 PM

+1 for P2P, have always been using then, definitely recommended!
Posted via RS Mobile

benwang 12-26-2012 07:37 PM

i've been using p2p for 2 years now. they can always find my stuff quickly. i think its just busy season and i assume they get busy once trucks comes in. or maybe some new helper screw up something.

i've try to use letter carrier but they are rude and i always have to wait inline for long time

Quote:

Originally Posted by icemiko (Post 8110189)
I was at P2P on Saturday and they were very disorganized, they couldn't find my package and kept asking me if I am sure it was there. I called 2 days ago and some lady that picked up the phone confirmed it was there. After waiting for 30min they finally found it, I also had to wait inline for about 20min for my turn before that.

Recon604 12-26-2012 08:53 PM

so does p2p have packaging material available? I want to ship something from there

svelt 12-30-2012 11:36 PM

Does anyone have the experience of getting an item shipped to the USA from an international location? Does the US get dinged customs/import fees like we do in Canada, and how one pays for it if they are picking it up at TSB/TLC/P2P?

InvisibleSoul 01-02-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recon604 (Post 8116827)
so does p2p have packaging material available? I want to ship something from there

Go to TLC and just take some of the leftover packaging that people leave there. They have a whole room full of it.

InvisibleSoul 01-02-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svelt (Post 8119765)
Does anyone have the experience of getting an item shipped to the USA from an international location? Does the US get dinged customs/import fees like we do in Canada, and how one pays for it if they are picking it up at TSB/TLC/P2P?

Internet Purchases - CBP.gov

jtanner_ 01-02-2013 11:41 AM

I've used TSB for over a year now... without ever having a single issue. Have always received pretty good service as well.

Although I'm considering switching to Shell solely for the fact that they're open on Sunday's and that works pretty well with my schedule...

Ronin 01-02-2013 12:27 PM

I think I said before that the Shell station closes at 7...which is not true. They close at 6. I showed at 6:05 thinking I had plenty of time and they told me the shipping desk was closed. They were nice enough to get my packages anyways, though.

I'm enjoying the Shell station so far. People there are nice...and the place smells great since it's coffee shop (they roast/grind their own beans).