REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #401
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
I still tell everyone that TLC is the best service at Point Roberts.
Advertisement
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #402
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,695 Times in 1,625 Posts
Signed up to PR Shell, accepted 3 packages. E-mail notifications arrived about 5 minutes after the tracking # was updated, went down about 30 minutes after that, no problems what-so-ever.

Very friendly staff, absolutely no line, cheaper prices, bigger facility, and you can get food & gas.

Everyone, PLEASE go to TLC. I absolutely do not recommend PR Shell.
Spoiler!
inv4zn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #403
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

For the guys that use PR Shell, do they let you ship USPS packages to them? I signed up but they said I have to go into Shell to sign a form that will allowed them to receive my USPS packages?
icemiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #404
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemiko View Post
For the guys that use PR Shell, do they let you ship USPS packages to them? I signed up but they said I have to go into Shell to sign a form that will allowed them to receive my USPS packages?
They're not supposed to - but I just received a few packages through USPS that got delivered to them. Just go sign the sheet next time you're down there.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #405
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
All package receiving places will have you sign a form before they can 'officially' start receiving USPS on your behalf. I did that with TSB way back in the day too
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #406
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
I hadn't signed the form. They accepted my package and let me know afterwards that I have to sign a form so I did.

But yeah, those people are jerks.

Spoiler!

Totally don't recommend them. At all. It smells in there.

Spoiler!

But seriously...

Spoiler!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2013, 04:51 PM   #407
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
TLC? I stopped using them in 2006, I'd rather drive further/pay more for no lines and better service than save a buck going to them. Takes them way too long to find packages too.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #408
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Don't really want to start a new thread, this was the next closest thing, hope someone can chime in!

I'm about to buy 4 tires from discounttiredirect, comes to about $620~

Now.. I can either ship them directly to my house and have all shipping + duty + tax covered for an extra $160, or send to tsb and pick it up myself.

Question is, if I were to ship to TSB and bring them across the boarder and I get taxed + duty charged.. will it be higher than $160 or will it most likely be lower? How is the tax (im guessing just 12%?) and duty amount calculated if they do make me pay it?

Thanks in advanced!
kouki_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #409
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,695 Times in 1,625 Posts
It'll be lower since you'll only pay tax (provided trheyre made somewhere with a trade agreement), and no duty, no brokerage fees.
inv4zn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #410
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
I find that most of the time, CBSA will just charge you the 12% tax without charging any duty -- they don't usually go into detail and ask where the item was made. But know that they are fully within their power to levy that duty.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #411
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
The extra 6% duty is typically reserved for the lucky individuals that get caught lying according to a relative who is a CBSA officer. But as Traum said, they usually don't go into the specifics of where whatever you bought was made.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #412
Need to Seek Professional Help

Has this happened to any of you yet?

I sent my package to TSB which arrived last Monday at 3:21am according to the tracking number provided from UPS. I waited a few days and didn't get a confirmation from TSB which was unusual.

I ended up going to TSB a few days later to pick up a few other packages and inquired about the missing package which they didn't have on their system.

However someone did sign for it named "LOMEDICO". I had a look around on Google and noticed that last name is the same as the owner from The Letter Carrier.

I did have an account with TLC from years ago but I didn't receive any confirmation email. I contacted UPS and the driver did in fact drop it off somewhere and they do not have the package in the warehouse.

Do you think UPS accidentally dropped it off at TLC instead of TSB? I am going to test my luck and give them a call tomorrow morning but I was wondering if it has happened to anyone before?
Old 02-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #413
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

TLC is where your package is at.
tonyzoomzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #414
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
^^ definitely TLC, that LOMEDICO person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #415
HELP ME PLS!!!

yes LOMEDICO is tlc
Last edited by sexyaccord on 69-69-6969 at 69:69 PM
sexyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #416
My homepage has been set to RS

Was a long time TLC customer and now I will not never deal with them again.

Had 4 tires shipped to TLC like I usually do every so often, looks like TLC updated their policy page in Dec 2012 that they no longer accept tires. The tires were rejected at Bellingham WA and sent back to the shipper, now i'm out the shipping fees and no tires.

Wouldn't a business like TLC that has hundreds of emails of registered customers, email their customers to let them know that their policies have changed and that they don't accept tires anymore?

Also during the Black Friday/ Christmas fiasco, they should of emailed everyone to let them know they are not accepting any more pacakges too.

I'm done with this place.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #417
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
I started shipping my stuff to 24/7 parcel in Blaine. Gonna see how this is going to turn out.

I think Rcubed and Freshvibe had good experience with them
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #418
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
I started shipping my stuff to 24/7 parcel in Blaine. Gonna see how this is going to turn out.

I think Rcubed and Freshvibe had good experience with them
I picked up a package for my friend at 24/7.

I would use them for 2 reasons.
1) I'm going on a trip down to the states, and want to pick up a package on my way back (and the other places close before I get there)
2) I can't go down during the day to Pt Roberts

Other than that, I would rather use the Shell Station at Pt Roberts
Old 02-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #419
Hopeless Romantic

^ this.

Biggest thing for me is I work FT Monday through Friday. I really don't like having to wake up super early to avoid the line at PR on Saturdays either...

I've tried shell and have had good experiences there.

Just recently signed up for 24/7 Parcel... They send you a text message (received both of mine within half an hour of my tracking confirmation) containing the code to pick up your package.

I'll most likely go in the middle of the night sometime within the next couple of days and report back.

2002 Acura RSX (Sold)
1993 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo I (Sold)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII (Daily Driven)
jtanner_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #420
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyTS View Post
Has this happened to any of you yet?

I sent my package to TSB which arrived last Monday at 3:21am according to the tracking number provided from UPS. I waited a few days and didn't get a confirmation from TSB which was unusual.

I ended up going to TSB a few days later to pick up a few other packages and inquired about the missing package which they didn't have on their system.

However someone did sign for it named "LOMEDICO". I had a look around on Google and noticed that last name is the same as the owner from The Letter Carrier.

I did have an account with TLC from years ago but I didn't receive any confirmation email. I contacted UPS and the driver did in fact drop it off somewhere and they do not have the package in the warehouse.

Do you think UPS accidentally dropped it off at TLC instead of TSB? I am going to test my luck and give them a call tomorrow morning but I was wondering if it has happened to anyone before?
had this happen to me once, the lady working couldnt find it. went to get some gas then went back and the guy (who seemed more experience) was able to find the package. it wasnt under my account with them either, maybe try to call and hopefully you get someone who knows what theyre doing. maybe your package is under a different name or something?
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:09 PM   #421
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Went over this am, p2p, 3 mins in there, 2 packages, $7, perfect.

Drove down to get gas, TLC lined up outside to the corner of the building (30-40 min wait?).

Don't they see the sign for p2p on their way down? Glad they don't, personally
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #422
My homepage has been set to RS

I have used TLC since 2003 and have a strong commitment to them as I have never had a bad experience "knock on wood"...I have a few packages to pick up next week....but I think i will check out P2P as many of you guys give it a good review...
krazynuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #423
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Went to TSB today to pick up two packages. They found my first one fine but had trouble finding my second one because the seller abbreviated my first name on the label. After having 3-4 employees look for 15-20 minutes they weren't able to find it.

The girl working at the counter they have it for sure because they have a record of it coming in, but will have to call me back by tomorrow afternoon once they do find it. They said they wouldn't charge me for either package this time since they kept me waiting.

Long story short I left with only one package and went to fill up gas at the Chevron. I parked my car and before I even got out they called me and said the package was in their miscellaneous pile. I went back, got the package and was on my way.

+1 for the service at TSB.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #424
I STILL don't get it

i've try all pr shipping and figured letter carrier have the worst service
benwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #425
Hopeless Romantic

Checked out 247 last friday... have 2 more packages arriving today/tomorrow so i'll be going again later tomorrow evening... Pretty legit I have to say.

If you go after hours, you have to enter a code they provide you to enter the building.

You walk in, immediately infront of you is a pinpad on the wall and a monitor showing a bunch of camera's pointed at you from all sorts of angles...

You enter in the code they give you via email & text message, and it unlocks and directs you to the locker containing your stuff.

Was literally back in line to Canada after picking up my stuff within 10 minutes. And the 24/7 availability works out much better with my schedule.

+1 for 247 Parcel.

2002 Acura RSX (Sold)
1993 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo I (Sold)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII (Daily Driven)
jtanner_ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: