REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Reveal a secret about your work others may not know about (https://www.revscene.net/forums/544493-reveal-secret-about-your-work-others-may-not-know-about.html)

Raid3n 09-23-2008 09:00 PM

in vancouver, you have to pay for every bag of garbage over a certain amount. so you might be bribing them to look the other way over your extra bags.

Trinity 09-23-2008 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 6042814)
After reading all the other crap in this thread, 2 hour old coffee bothers you? wtf?

Yes because I used to work at Starbucks, and can't imagine anyone doing that.

All the rest of the stuff is... Sort of expected.

stewie 09-23-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyazn (Post 6043139)
^LOL i was wondering the same thing

pay 50$ to take some stuff to the dump, or leave a 6pack ontop of your garbage can and they'll take it all away...

your not allowed to throw away that jiprock stuff....but hey...case of beer and its magically dissapeared

got a dead body? im sure if the price was right they'd throw it in....lol

Boostslut 09-23-2008 10:03 PM

Mulan what Starbuck's stores did you used to work for?..

That steaming the coffee thing is disgusting. That seems like too much work tho. You pour the coffee into a metal pitcher, steam it, and then pour it back in? Could have made a new batch by then. Takes 5 seconds to make a fresh pot of coffee.

I'm a ASM at a Starbucks location, and i don't know what happens when I'm not around, but i know that my store is pretty strict. Coffee now is only good for 30 mins and we're all over that all day, and all night until close. When I'm around in the store, i know that none of this funny business is going on. There is no time for this stuff, since I'm at one of the busiest locations (non drive-thru) in the lower mainland.

fa1civic 09-23-2008 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason00S2000 (Post 6031615)
You guys think this is bad?

Try eating "Mexico burger" in Costa Rica

Nothing like taking a bite out of a burger and having a 24 inch long piece of sinew stuck between your teeth.

McDonald's anywhere in the world > Local fast "food"

Or China where they make steamed chicken buns with paper :D enjoy!

slammer111 09-24-2008 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeem2 (Post 6042989)
do u even know the employee? if not he will obviously say that;)

Why would he lie? I was there to look at certain parts of the building, not shop. I looked in the traps and they didn't even have bugs inside and it was obvious the traps had been there for a while based on the dust..

Actually the people who run other buildings downtown have told me the exact same thing, and said that they need to bring these guys in outside regular hours because most average joes think Orkin guy = must be a problem. It's like saying a McLaren must be a crappy car because it needs so much maintenance. Yes some people only bring in those pest guys when there's already an infestation, but not everyone does that ;)

Raid3n 09-24-2008 08:48 AM

it is always better to be proactive than reactive.

mate33 09-27-2008 12:20 AM

One software company I worked for, we'd have team competitions on who can make more money in Customer Support, there was one bug in the software that always came up, we'd charge to fix the issue even though everyone knew it was a bug in the software.

Most times I'd come out on top, got beaten few times, my biggest score was $1700 for 4 hours of work. Although it brought money, it was doing no good to the customer satisfaction so after about 6 month we proposed a change to the support policy, never charged for this again.

There are few other stories from past employments, but these would carry a sentence, so it's better not to go there :)

Looking back, it was all stupid, immature nonsense.

Nvasion 09-27-2008 03:27 AM

no idea what you just said.

Selanne_200 09-27-2008 04:00 PM

Essentially they were seeing who can charge the guest the most money for work that should've been free because it is a known program with the software and not the customer's fault

mate33 09-27-2008 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nvasion (Post 6048258)
no idea what you just said.

You must either make provision of sense to understand, or of a halter to hang yourself.

jeem2 09-27-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slammer111 (Post 6043607)
Why would he lie? I was there to look at certain parts of the building, not shop. I looked in the traps and they didn't even have bugs inside and it was obvious the traps had been there for a while based on the dust..

Actually the people who run other buildings downtown have told me the exact same thing, and said that they need to bring these guys in outside regular hours because most average joes think Orkin guy = must be a problem. It's like saying a McLaren must be a crappy car because it needs so much maintenance. Yes some people only bring in those pest guys when there's already an infestation, but not everyone does that ;)

cuz he works there and just because everyone heres shitting on their job doesnt mean everyone does. if u like the shop and ur friends with ur boss or whatever it may be, ur not gonna tell strangers that the place is infested. im not saying it is, im just saying i wouldnt take an employees word for everything

waddy41 11-20-2008 09:41 AM

so gross...but i'm addicted to this thread...

Mugen EvOlutioN 11-20-2008 10:48 AM

after reading this crap it seriously disgust me some of the food industry is so fucking fucked up...scary..

but hey? we are still all alive arent we???

Jap restaurant with jap owners tend to have more of a sanitory common sense at least the restaurant i wroked in

chinese restaurant are the biggest fuck up.
veggies dont get washed, straight up getting chopped from the boxes they order in

Dropped dim sum would be put back into the steam bowl/crate or watever the fuck u call it

dishwashing crew would do the rice with their washing glove to put the rice out of the cooker into a bowl

chef taking a dump not washing his hand

my friend washed his hands in the red bean soup dessert served to the customer (big ass pot)

PHo restaurant, the fucking TENDON , we make them in huge boxes....say 5 boxes at a time...we put it on the floor.....have rat problem running around and poo dropping on the shelves....we mop the floor each night, with detergents and BLEACH. So after putting 5 boxes on the floor filled with tendon, we pile up 5 boxes high and put it in the fridge. So u know what this mean? the floor has bleach and detergent and vermins running around therefore the button of the boxes has touched the gronud and we stack it up all 5 boxes? therefore each box the top layer tendon has now touched the u know wat? fuck its gross

vancouveray 05-16-2009 09:41 PM

good thread

imiaKe 05-16-2009 11:07 PM

I work in a hote in Asia

My GM lives with a hooker and gives her a monthly allowence of $150. She does whatever the fuk she likes in the hotel as well. GM is like over 60 hooker is 21 ,,, lol

Death2Theft 05-16-2009 11:11 PM

I'll buy whatever they are ordering for cheap :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by SlySi (Post 6014309)
In February. Goverment bodies around Canada need to spend their budget.
Use it or lose it policy.

1 Department spent 6 million in February.
Where is the inventory now? Still sitting at the distribution warehouse. Never will be used.
Next February, this 1 department will do the same.

And yes.. just 1 department.
Thousands of other departments across Canada that need to spend it or lose it.

greendb7 05-16-2009 11:38 PM

Go to Home Depot, if you complain about the pricing you WILL get a discount of some sort, most of the time it will be more than a couple bucks
OH and don't eat any of the chocolate from any Home Depot, at night mice climb up and chew through the wrapper on caramilks, crispy crunch and mr bigs
whatever we find in the morning we throw away, I guess it's safe if the one you're buying has no hole in the wrapper

Teriyaki 05-16-2009 11:39 PM

If the car you're driving was ever sold though a dealership/mass auction. The engine has been thoroughly raped and raped again. :thumbsup:

eddoe 05-17-2009 01:12 AM

If you bought a used high-end car, chances are that one of the used car salesmen has used and abused that car as their daily driver (with demo plates on) before actually putting it on for sale.

ctsport 05-17-2009 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN (Post 6132449)
chinese restaurant are the biggest fuck up.

I wouldn't say every Chinese restaurant. I know because my dad owns one and we wash all our veggies, all our ingredients are fresh (our biz is super busy), and we clean our kitchen meticulously (health inspectors always compliment on our cleanliness). And we've been in business for over 10 years, go figure :D

gnu5 05-17-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Physixx (Post 6013330)
not personal, but from friends:

Oriental Buffet has a REALLY dirty kitchen and the chefs don't get along...so that spells disaster.

Pearl Fever gets all their drink mixes from Bubble World.

i believe almost all the bubble tea places in vancouver get their drink mixes from pearl castle co.

El Bastardo 05-17-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greendb7 (Post 6426255)
OH and don't eat any of the chocolate from any Home Depot, at night mice climb up and chew through the wrapper on caramilks, crispy crunch and mr bigs
whatever we find in the morning we throw away, I guess it's safe if the one you're buying has no hole in the wrapper

:fuuuuu:

Man. Do you know how many times I've been DIYing and have bought a chocolate bar to eat on the way home for energy?

Death2Theft 05-17-2009 05:06 PM

How can mice smell sealed chocolate air tight chocolate wrappers?

spoon.ek9 05-17-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death2Theft (Post 6426806)
How can mice smell sealed chocolate air tight chocolate wrappers?

you've never seen this happen? really? leave a chocolate bar outside your house (or wherever you know there are mice) overnight and see what happens.