REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Reveal a secret about your work others may not know about (https://www.revscene.net/forums/544493-reveal-secret-about-your-work-others-may-not-know-about.html)

AzNightmare 09-18-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossbone (Post 6028226)
lol when i was working at playland the old coaster lost its rear seats and the rest of the train kept going. that was hilarious,

now seriously, how the hell did that happen?? LOL
backseats are by far the best on the coaster.

freakshow 09-18-2008 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saiko (Post 6030559)
Yeah but chef's constantly wash their hands and keep clean...

I wish I could say this is true.. but after hearing from my g/f who has worked as a chef at places like Observatory, Cannery, Ciopinnos, etc.. I can safely say that health and safety are far from the first thing on a chef's mind.

K-Dub 09-18-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakshow (Post 6036033)
I wish I could say this is true.. but after hearing from my g/f who has worked as a chef at places like Observatory, Cannery, Ciopinnos, etc.. I can safely say that health and safety are far from the first thing on a chef's mind.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck! Gotta get the food out.
Fuck, I dropped it on the counter. Ahhhh I'll just put it back on. Fuck, does that look good? Damnit, the head chef is yelling at me. AHHHHHHHHH fuck. Put the food up, put the food up.

AH.......

bossxx 09-18-2008 08:54 PM

Frozen fruit juice is basically the garbage shovelled off the floor that has been stepped on and mushed for a duration of a shift for berry processing other things. Fruit Juice is kinda like the hotdog of the beverage industry.

Organic food in the grocery store is still sprayed with pesticides. About 70% less than normal stuff but the point is, you can't buy organic food in a grocery store. You gotta grow it yourself. So those inflated prices you are paying are not really worth it imo.

Ferra 09-18-2008 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinity (Post 6033981)
That might be true for most places, but I know at Starbucks they clean out the ice machine at least once every two weeks and run sanitizer through it.

hell no
My gf at starbuck said their ice-machine hasn't been cleaned for well over 6 months, and the ice machine has a last-in-first-out flow, so at the bottom of the machine are ice that has been aged well over half a year.

Trinity 09-19-2008 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferra (Post 6036452)
hell no
My gf at starbuck said their ice-machine hasn't been cleaned for well over 6 months, and the ice machine has a last-in-first-out flow, so at the bottom of the machine are ice that has been aged well over half a year.

That's disgusting.

AhXian 09-19-2008 08:04 AM

i like to eat mc nuggets from MD, anything i should know about them??

Alphamale 09-19-2008 08:18 AM

^No, they're relatively high turn-over. But this is coming from a guy with morals. People think of the most fucked up shit to do with food.

PavelGTR 09-19-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girl (Post 6025789)
Little Ceasars - Coquitlam (off Johnson)
-Jizz pizza anyone?
-The guys didn't wash their hands...ever.

Their $5 pizza is made from the dough that is not used from the day before.

adrimin 09-19-2008 08:19 PM

Damn I ate at Little Caesars last night.. But then you can see them make the pizzas at the Burnaby location at least.

Not surprised about the pizza dough being left over. Even Domino's does that =/

underscore 09-19-2008 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livre (Post 6037536)
Their $5 pizza is made from the dough that is not used from the day before.

Just the Coq. one I assume? Because ours used regular dough, none of it was actually fresh as it was mixed then made into different sized balls for the different pizza sizes, then put in the big fridge until needed. It was all date marked so it enver got more than a couple days old but that way we had a buffer if the dough mixer broke or something.

o1pkjai 09-20-2008 12:21 AM

Morrey Infiniti Nissan of Coquitlam.....

1. All the lots boys learned manual from all the brand new cars.....
2. When the drive the cars up the hill... none of them care if they damage the vehicles...
3. ALL INFINTI"s and 350Z's are gassed up with REGULAR 87 Octane Gas... Just to save money....

emmvee 09-20-2008 01:14 AM

think twice about buying your food at superstore.
some of the employees don't give a fuck if they drop bread/meat/vegetables/food. they still put it out

i know this cause i used to work at the one on grandview and rupert.

PavelGTR 09-20-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o1pkjai (Post 6038038)

2. When the drive the cars up the hill... none of them care if they damage the vehicles...
3. ALL INFINTI"s and 350Z's are gassed up with REGULAR 87 Octane Gas... Just to save money....

I've had bad experiences with the Morrey group.

Bath Tussue 09-21-2008 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o1pkjai (Post 6038038)

for a short while before i left, wheel acid mixed with car wash liquid. no idea if they are still doing it. (i was told by the "new" person that the car gets cleaner that way.)

Nvasion 09-21-2008 01:20 AM

i remember my friend put wheel acid and gas together and then a sales guy put it in a pontiac G5 brand new and it was going to be delivered.... turns it never made it out the lot.

Meowjin 09-21-2008 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emmvee (Post 6038067)
some of the employees don't give a fuck if they drop bread/meat/vegetables/food. they still put it out

Do you know petros?

He's my brother. LOL

SumAznGuy 09-21-2008 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redliine (Post 6036446)
Organic food in the grocery store is still sprayed with pesticides. About 70% less than normal stuff but the point is, you can't buy organic food in a grocery store. You gotta grow it yourself. So those inflated prices you are paying are not really worth it imo.

Any proof of that? Better yet do you know what it takes to grow organically?
To grow "organic" produce, you need to start off with the field that is certified organic. That means it has gone through a few seasons without any pesticides or chemicals. In that transition period, you can call the produce that is grown "transitional". Once the field meets the requirements, produce grown there can be considered "organic", but everything else afterwards need to be done a certain way. Graders, conveyor belts, washing machines all need to be washed and cleaned before any of the "organic" produce are run through them to avoid contact with non-organic produce.
Organic produce needs to be stored seperately from conventional produce to avoid contact from wate/rice that was in contract with conventional produce.
Most organic farmers invest a lot of money to make sure their farms are up to standards to produce organic products. Supply of organic farms are a lot less than conventional farns, and only has organic products taken off in the last few years, so for them to charge more for organic produce over conventional produce is understandable.
To make a blanket statement without facts to back it up, that is blantant lying.

PS. I wholesale produce for a living.

luibei 09-21-2008 10:11 AM

I've had bad experiences with the Morrey group too, lost change amongst other things that were lying around when i got my oil change there...

underscore 09-21-2008 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 6039320)
Any proof of that? Better yet do you know what it takes to grow organically?
To grow "organic" produce, you need to start off with the field that is certified organic. That means it has gone through a few seasons without any pesticides or chemicals. In that transition period, you can call the produce that is grown "transitional". Once the field meets the requirements, produce grown there can be considered "organic", but everything else afterwards need to be done a certain way. Graders, conveyor belts, washing machines all need to be washed and cleaned before any of the "organic" produce are run through them to avoid contact with non-organic produce.
Organic produce needs to be stored seperately from conventional produce to avoid contact from wate/rice that was in contract with conventional produce.
Most organic farmers invest a lot of money to make sure their farms are up to standards to produce organic products. Supply of organic farms are a lot less than conventional farns, and only has organic products taken off in the last few years, so for them to charge more for organic produce over conventional produce is understandable.
To make a blanket statement without facts to back it up, that is blantant lying.

PS. I wholesale produce for a living.

Organic food is a joke, nowadays you pretty much need those pesticides in order to keep all the other junk that's floating around out there away.

eddoe 09-21-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emmvee (Post 6038067)

i can vouch for that haha, the superstore produce section is disgusting

o1pkjai 09-21-2008 03:05 PM

never take your cars to service at Morrey or purchase your car at Morrey.... they just fuck people over!!!

muteki 09-21-2008 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddoe (Post 6039577)

Yeah the doughnuts and crap people put into the little plastic bags and then change their mind at the till.
Oh yeah, it goes back on display. (Rupert & Grandview)

tiger_handheld 09-21-2008 03:40 PM

^ crap - i actually bought eclairs n long johns from there ....

any dirt on whitespot?

GLOW 09-22-2008 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddoe (Post 6039577)

back when i was there while in school i saw some ppl do that too. some ppl DID throw stuff out when it touched the floor though (like me)