REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:44 PM   #26
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
That is not true. The employees are all unionized and work under the collective agreement. The employee's 2% cost of living increase falls under a seperate catagory from the 501+ hours worked raise.
No idea, one of my co-workers talked to the managers and they didn't stack together. And then apparently he called the union and they said it was too close together as well.

I'm missing a raise too. Going to wait to see if it's on my next cheque or else it's time to bitch
Advertisement
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:49 PM   #27
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Burger king employees bathe in sinks
van_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:29 PM   #28
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shead View Post
Burrard street shabusen's buffet is a big no no....
Why?

This thread is a good idea, but there should be a rule that if you're going to expose a secret, there are reasons behind it, instead of just saying something like "Don't eat at mcdonalds, just trust me" .

Last edited by nns; 09-02-2008 at 04:30 PM.
nns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:34 PM   #29
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,107 Times in 271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawloonprince View Post
Enterprise Rent a Car

1.) Weekend Special - Based on the fact that the branch is measured by occupancy, they will let their cars go cheap in the low season if they still have a lot of cars on the lot.
2.) 90% of the time they don't wash your car.
3.) Deductable Waiver - Rip off, always use credit car insurance if you can apply for it.
4.) Never pick up the car at the airport. Go to a local branch.
5.) If you complain about anything, tell them about how head office called to see if you were completely satisfied with your rental from last time, you will get freebies.
6.) Most people know this already, but if you walk in without a reservation, you are getting raped.
7.) If you book a large size SUV, there is a 50% chance that you will not get it, especially during summertime.
8.) If you look hard enough, there might be items such as sex toys, drugs, ipods, and cellphones in the car.
Lol wut. So do you guys stash them in there or do people just carelessly leave them there.
KingDeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:44 PM   #30
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
I think most of us here on RS already knew that.
Hmmm. It's $1.45.0 for regular gasoline, oh no wait. It's $1.39.9 now. Oh wait. Too late, back to $1.45.0.
but did you know that chevron has a pact with shell so at shell you may be getting chevron gas or visa virsa. They just add a bit of techron to the shell gas to make it Chevron gas.,
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:48 PM   #31
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDeeCee View Post
Lol wut. So do you guys stash them in there or do people just carelessly leave them there.
People just carelessly left them there.

I worked in the Airport one before and the lot guys will always find some goodies in the cars. Best of all, the customers are probably at the other side of the world when they realized they left something behind.
mx100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:50 PM   #32
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDeeCee View Post
Rumor has it that someone found a dildo in the truck of a car. I rented a car to my friend and he told me he found ladies under garment in the car.

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Randolph Frederick Pausch[2] (October 23, 1960 – July 25, 2008)
kawloonprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:00 PM   #33
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
^ my buddy owns a body shop in surrey and was fixing a car and found a dildo under a front seat. He actually gave it to the customer would of enjoyed to see the look on her face.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:11 PM   #34
HELP ME PLS!!!

- If the company that you work for hire contracted janitors to clean your premises, make sure you wash your own eating utensils after you use them and not leave it in the sink for the janitors to wash cause they use the same scrub they cleaned the toilet with for the eating ware.

- Translink spends around $600,000 for each trolley bus on the road and an additional $80,000 annually for a mechanical diagnostic software for each bus from the manufacturer. Thats about millions of dollars per year just on software licensing in troubleshooting buses.

- As crappy of our public transportation network is, we actually cover the largest geographical public transportation network in North America and have one of the largest bus fleets behind Houston, TX.

- If you work for Translink, you get 3 weeks vacation to start, 17 PAID time-off days per year, 10 paid sick days annually, and can take up to a year for leave of absence among other great perks. Most Translink employees work only 4 days per week.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:30 PM   #35
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
^but the shifts are 10-12 hrs long aren't they?

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:36 PM   #36
(ノº _ º)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhkyu View Post
Why is Cloud 9 a no no?

Don't buy a car from Westcoast Auto Group, let's just say when I worked there I taught lot boys to drive stick on their cars..
i'll bet most lot guys learned how to drive stick with dealership cars .
jnesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:37 PM   #37
(ノº _ º)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhkyu View Post
Why is Cloud 9 a no no?

Don't buy a car from Westcoast Auto Group, let's just say when I worked there I taught lot boys to drive stick on their cars..
i'll bet most lot guys learned how to drive stick with thr dealership's cars .
jnesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:45 PM   #38
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Working in the jewelry industry, did you know...

- no matter how sentimental your piece of jewelry is, if it's cheap, ugly, poorly made, etc, the staff will laugh and make fun of it once you step out the door
- sometimes the things you bring in to get appraised isn't worth the paper that your appraisal is gonna be printed on....yes, even though it may look expensive
- the bigger diamond you get, the better deal you get. (small stones = higher margin)
- at any given time, if you're walking through downtown, you just might be walking past someone that has $40, 50, 60,000 or more in stones in their briefcase, pocket etc.
- Blue Nile doesn't own any of their stones on their websites. Suppliers list their stones and BN tacks on a selling fee of the stone sells
Old 09-02-2008, 05:56 PM   #39
Banned (ABWS)

at ANY resteraunt, don't send shit back 10 minutes before closing and don't come in and eat an 10 minutes before closing. We cooks WILL and will not hesitate to FUCK UP YOUR FOOD
trdees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:47 PM   #40
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
restaurant manager splits in your food if you complain, nothing new, but it's true
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:52 PM   #41
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdees View Post
at ANY resteraunt, don't send shit back 10 minutes before closing and don't come in and eat an 10 minutes before closing. We cooks WILL and will not hesitate to FUCK UP YOUR FOOD
I hope I see you in real life and fuck you up, ass face.

What the fuck makes you think you have the right to fuck with anyone's food? FOR YOUR FUCKING INFORMATION, the restaurant closes 10 mins after I get in, not 10 mins before. If the front of the line staff feel like serving me, then you're shit out of luck and you better make my food and make it right. You're just someone's bitch, don't act like you're the biggest motherfucker in town because you can fuck with someones food.
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:07 PM   #42
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I hope I see you in real life and fuck you up, ass face.

What the fuck makes you think you have the right to fuck with anyone's food? FOR YOUR FUCKING INFORMATION, the restaurant closes 10 mins after I get in, not 10 mins before. If the front of the line staff feel like serving me, then you're shit out of luck and you better make my food and make it right. You're just someone's bitch, don't act like you're the biggest motherfucker in town because you can fuck with someones food.

^ thank you, cooks with attitudes like that make me sick. I spent 3 years in the food industry in fine dining. i would SHIT A BRICK if anyone i worked with thought to do anything to anyones food.
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2008, 07:14 PM   #43
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

lol all fast food. FREE MEALS during Manager or Boss away.!!
yongliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:19 PM   #44
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
I wonder how many times my food's been fucked with without me knowing.

If I ever caught someone doing this, the first thing that would go through my head would be how best to hurt that motherfucker.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:21 PM   #45
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
We regularly break the law because cops are our little brothers, and they don't know what to do when they pull us over.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #46
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndLeSS8 View Post
Try not to order the Mango Pudding from Sun Siu Wah
Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
^but the shifts are 10-12 hrs long aren't they?
37.5 hours per week/4 work days. You do the math.
Lunch is usually 30 minutes, but most of them take longer than that.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:56 PM   #47
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
All new products in a grocery store, such as a new item, the company ( ex kraft acosta) pays money for that new item, for middle shelf space then you think
Canada Bread ( witch maple leaf owns) throws more bread out then u can ever imagine.
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:56 PM   #48
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

when you donate to a charity over the phone, they will call you for 10-12 other charities and they won't stop calling until you threaten them that you will press charges. saying "take me off the list" won't cut it.
ZhangFei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:02 PM   #49
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
NOVUS - We only have about 4 to 5 CSR working during the most busy time(around 11am to 5pm). Usually there are only 2 to 3 CSR working. But customer thinks we have mroe than 20+ppl working lol.

Wal-mart. When customer return an item we can't sell it or send it back to manfactures czo the product is in perfect condition. So in those case we take out our little siccors and cut it up and send it back for refund.

McDonald's- Use to have nuggets fights and when we are done we just cook the nuggets/recook them and give it to customers.

NCO- Everyone that works there don't care shit. All we do is make some lame excuse so customer gets off the phone and we can slack off.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:20 PM   #50
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,107 Times in 271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
NOVUS - We only have about 4 to 5 CSR working during the most busy time(around 11am to 5pm). Usually there are only 2 to 3 CSR working. But customer thinks we have mroe than 20+ppl working lol.

Wal-mart. When customer return an item we can't sell it or send it back to manfactures czo the product is in perfect condition. So in those case we take out our little siccors and cut it up and send it back for refund.

McDonald's- Use to have nuggets fights and when we are done we just cook the nuggets/recook them and give it to customers.

NCO- Everyone that works there don't care shit. All we do is make some lame excuse so customer gets off the phone and we can slack off.
And that's the reason why I don't eat at McDonalds.
KingDeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote