REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:38 PM   #226
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,107 Times in 271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadZuki View Post
anyways...back on topic...

When I was a prep cook at White Spot I once chopped the tip of my finger off (worked 12 hr days starting at 5 a.m. for 10-12 days in a row at a time and most nights I didn't get in 'till 3 a.m. haha)...anyways...whoever took over from me when I got taken to the hospital used the pile of chicken I was chopping (instead of throwing it out)...which means someone ate the tip of my finger...
What? How small was it? Cause I would have taken the tip of my finger and put it in ice to put it back....
Advertisement
KingDeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:41 PM   #227
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,830 Times in 233 Posts
i heard today save on foods dyes their steaks red after a couple days if they start to go brown..

i was also told today to never buy there marinated meat.. im guessing its the older stuff?
nsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:53 PM   #228
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmb View Post
i heard today save on foods dyes their steaks red after a couple days if they start to go brown..

i was also told today to never buy there marinated meat.. im guessing its the older stuff?
DING DING DING
the smell of the marinate just takes over the smell of the bad meat
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:14 PM   #229
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

as much as i think working for save on sucks because of 2 tier wage system which just basically fucks over all the junior ppl and managements hire an army about every 3 or 4 months because of massive turn-over. i think the story about putting food coloring to meat is a probably false, every morning we throw out easily over $250 worth of meat, and we don't keep a lot of inventory, esp something like meat in the back. if you want freshness come to save on, but if you actully want save money then go somewhere else b/c our stuffs are quite expensive imo.
Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:28 PM   #230
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdris View Post
The only thing thats "Always Fresh" at tim hortons is the coffee
Mmm, to an extend. Worked at one, the more popular items were fresh, the others, not so much. Okay, long post, here I go.
coffee isn't always fresh. there's a policy that it has to be dumped after 10 or 15 minutes, i forget. Its written with a white chalk/pen thing on the coffee pots. However, ppl sometimes forget to write it then several things can happen. Sometimes (at least in the one i worked at) it gets dumped. Other times, they just start a fresh 15 minute on it. Not something to worry about in the mornings or rush hours. However, when its slow, be careful. sometimes u can look at the time on the pot and see if its passed. don't let them pour your coffee some different pots either. pot on back burner tends to be the non fresh ones. also, when its empty, don't get decaf, most likely not fresh.
soup and sandwich is pretty safe... unless the chicken or bacon has been their too long. normally there's a timer but then again...human error.

Also, when they leave baked goods to cool in the back, it just sits on the rack, exposed to whatever is in the air.

Had the shitty job of cleaning the kitchen once... it was horrible. Worst parts were the air vents. Funny thing is, I took out the air filter, thing must not have been changed in months, or years. Asked the supervisor where I could find the spare one. She asked me if i could spray it down in the sink. In disgust, I folded it in half and threw it in the garbage. She told me to close up the vent and she'll get the filter later.... not sure if she ever did.

AND best for last... one time a buddy wasn't feeling to well but had to come in. He was receiving some inventory, then had to move boxes of goods from the storage freezer to the one kitchen staff uses. Turns out he felt sick and blew chunks onto the floor. didn't get any on the boxes, cleaned it up later. good as new. True story, but don't worry, isolated incident!

First job, good times. Most of the stuff there is all right, the busier the store is the fresher.

Last edited by efa5; 09-05-2008 at 11:32 PM.
efa5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:35 PM   #231
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,128 Times in 339 Posts
Interesting!

I can remember that a maybe 2-3 years ago, the McDonalds at Metrotown almost got shut down by the Health inspectors, because in their stock rooms there was "animal poop" and something was eating through some of the boxes of products they had there. I've never eaten there ever again ever since i heard of that. Hopefully its in better hands now. My advice, stay clear.

PS: I never worked at this McD's.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:41 PM   #232
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray666 View Post
-Markup on most cables is well in excess of 1000%. The more common the cable, the higher the price. USB cables priced at $29.99 to $34.99 cost between $1 and $2.
anyone have any idea why they fucking do this? You can get cables in Asia for like really dirt cheap compared to here..but then even at that they're still making ~x10 the profit it took to make them.

WHY?

Here's mine: check your change when you're at Chinese food markets...they like to shortchange you by 10-30 cents. It's only happened a couple of times..but when I spoke to them about it i could sense that it was a dishonest action and not giving the wrong change my accident.

Last edited by twitchyzero; 09-05-2008 at 11:43 PM.
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:53 AM   #233
HELP ME PLS!!!

Not really a secret but, not enough people know about it:
[youtube]lD0ln4zxMK0[/youtube]
"With chocolate, you know what you're gonna get and I can't always be delicious."
Gachinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 01:02 AM   #234
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efa5 View Post
soup and sandwich is pretty safe... unless the chicken or bacon has been their too long. normally there's a timer but then again...human error.
one of their sandwiches gave me food poisoning from bad bacon a couple years back, I was sooo sick and lost a lot of wieght, left my digestive system fucked for a couple years, it still isn't quite normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
anyone have any idea why they fucking do this? You can get cables in Asia for like really dirt cheap compared to here..but then even at that they're still making ~x10 the profit it took to make them.

WHY?
because they can't mark up the computers/monitors/printers as much due to competition, but if they can get you buy one of those computer/printer combos or whatever, chances are you'll buy thr $30 A-B USB cable you need to connect that printer, increasing the profit margin on that whole package a good bit.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 01:17 AM   #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
one of their sandwiches gave me food poisoning from bad bacon a couple years back, I was sooo sick and lost a lot of wieght, left my digestive system fucked for a couple years, it still isn't quite normal.
yea, like I said, bacon and chicken are surprisingly the sketchiest, the other fillings i rmbr having to take temps and record/monitor, same goes for the soups
Old 09-06-2008, 03:37 AM   #236
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efa5 View Post
yea, like I said, bacon and chicken are surprisingly the sketchiest, the other fillings i rmbr having to take temps and record/monitor, same goes for the soups
is there anything wrong with tim hortons' chillis? i love their chillis and they always run out... so i guess it doesnt sit there for the whole day do they?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 06:08 AM   #237
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Guy View Post
STOP

Lets keep the thread on the interesting topic it was =D

Hmmm

Don't buy Hot'n'Readys at Little Caesars. Sure they are hot, sure they are ready, but they were under a lamp and ready for about 2 hours. It's better if you get one and they say "Oh we are all out can you wait 2 mins plz " Dont say I THOUGHT IT WAS SOPOSED TO BE READY! Because this way, its much better for you, trust me

Little Caesars delivery drivers dont get payed per hour 3$ a delivery + tips = rip off

worked there like ..3 years ago >>
when i worked at one here in kamloops, the hot'n'readys were kept in a in an heating oven for no more than 30 minutes - after that they were thrown out. originally they were to be in there for no more than 45 minutes but they added hawaiians, canadians, and supremes with more toppings which didn't keep as long. new drivers started at minimum wage. each delivery they earned anywhere from $2-$4 on top of their hourly wage depending on the delievery destination. then they earned tips on top of that.

Quote:
I used to work there too, shitty ass place, originally we didn't have a proper wooden spoon with a long handle to stir the spices into the tomato sauce so whoever was making it would just rinse off their arm and then stick them whole arm in there to stir it around. most people used soap but even still that's bit of arm hair and dead skin coming off in there.
that is gross. the owners of my store wouldn't have allowed that and would have shut down until the problem was fixed. but since it was only a matter of purchasing a large spoon or wisk it would have been fixed in no time. there was a reason our store consistantly received near perfect scores after every inspection. the husband and wife owners were very involved, their three children worked there and weren't given special treatment, and they treated everyone who worked there really well. after they sold the store, most of the core of employees left too and we all still stay in contact, still hang out. it was the best place and time for many of us to have worked and that was reflected in our work.

we weren't angels though. there were a couple customers who received poor treatment, tampered food, etc. these were the constant complainers trying to get free food out of us. we would even have the owner carefully take the order, make the pizza, and deliver it himself and these people would still complain. but for the most part asshole customers were told not to order from us if they couldn't ever be satisfied.

Last edited by Bouncing Bettys; 09-06-2008 at 06:11 AM.
Bouncing Bettys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 07:09 AM   #238
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydz9XCam-ME

people said it was fake, but i'll let you decide
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:50 AM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
is there anything wrong with tim hortons' chillis? i love their chillis and they always run out... so i guess it doesnt sit there for the whole day do they?
nah unlike the wendys chilli.... the chilis and soups are premade and pre packaged. They come in bags and the bags are put into pots to boil. Nothing is added, contamination is kept to a minimum. then they're poured into the trays where the soups are.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #240
RS Lurker, I don't post!

If you purchase any furniture/appliances from any box store, ie) Sears, The Brick, The Bay ect, call them after you get your merchandise and tell them that it is damaged.. They usually wont ask you for proof and they will offer you money off to keep it physically "as is" and you still get the full warranty .. It costs the companies more than their profit on the first item to reorder and reship another so they will offer compensation to keep the "damaged" item.. If you are pushy they won't offer as much, if you are nice they will low ball you so act indecisive and they will keep upping the compensation...

I'm not sure if this has been posted already I only read the first 2 pages before I decided to contribute...
short2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:21 PM   #241
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedwolf View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydz9XCam-ME

people said it was fake, but i'll let you decide
pork is the meat that takes longest to cook and it is the meat that is the first to spoil
ZhangFei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 06:10 PM   #242
silentbobs

Always ask for a receipt when buying stuff from mac's or 7-11. On several occasions I have been double charged for items. Most people would think nothing of it because you expect to pay a little more at mac's then the grocery store.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:19 PM   #243
HELP ME PLS!!!

Everyone worry about their food causing stomache problem and diarrhea but no one cares about cancer ... WOW!
"With chocolate, you know what you're gonna get and I can't always be delicious."
Gachinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:18 PM   #244
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
Here's a funny take on the whole coke + pork video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3IOv...eature=related
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:13 PM   #245
Sick motherfucker mod

romeos pizza in Victoria.

We store our pizza sauce in garbage cans, that have only been used for pizza sauce, never the less.... garbage cans. When being mixed there are no spoons long enough so it is standard practice to use your arm. Luckily when I did because I'm so tall the sauce would only go up to about my elbow. The short young kids.... well it goes alot higher.

We hire the shittest of the shit, and we fire that people that have morals/values because those are the ones that stand up for whats right.
rental_metard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:48 AM   #246
Need to Seek Professional Help

OJ/DQ in brentwood mall. Don't work there anymore so...

-Don't buy the "fresh squeezed" juice. Veggies are only washed once (right when we get them, then they're left alone til they run out).
-Watch out for the blizzards. The sink we keep the metal collars in gets clogged the most (lots of excess ingredients accumulate) and when the plumbers unclog it, all I see is this dark, black shit that comes out (I can't even tell what it was before).
-Bananas. If you aren't watching, they'll use under or over ripened bananas. Although, it's the only real fresh fruit we use. Everything else is just frozen puree with about 10% sugar in it.
-Hot dogs. The large dogs usually sit around on the grill the whole day. The ones that aren't sold are thrown out at the end of the day, luckily. Ingredients added onto the hotdog sometimes can be a few months old.
-Blizzard ingredients are also sometimes a few months old depending on how popular they are.
-an orange julius is pretty much - ice, 50/50 orange juice concentrate + water, and a powder called "Flavor Enhancer" which contains eggs, flour, milk, and some other stuff that I forgot
-the thicker julius' such as S&B, Triple Berry, and Pina colada have an extra powder added called "Smoothie Booster" which is a big part of the formula. It has a sort of coconut flavor to it, although I forgot what the ingredients were.
-The pomegranate julius (don't know if they still have it) uses a pomegranate concentrate, which, if it is not in demand, will sit around until someone orders it. After a few days, it tastes like cheap wine since it is allowed to ferminate.
-most times, utensils are only rinsed
-Unused ice milk (for ice cream) from old bags will usually be poured into a newer bag

That's all I can think of for now
I cant stand watching those AV porns all I hear are f1 cars going
slow-fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:19 AM   #247
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEB View Post
Sorry, it is the fact. My friend is the owner's son of a few supermarket in vancouver.
hahaha that's funny cuz the owner has 2 daughters, and he+she has shares on the whole company, so technically they own ALL OF THEM

side note, im actually the son of the guy that's right next to the president (owner), and is higher than the VP

so tell me, where are you getting your information from? im quite curious

Last edited by razy; 09-07-2008 at 02:24 AM.
razy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:12 AM   #248
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by razy View Post
hahaha that's funny cuz the owner has 2 daughters, and he+she has shares on the whole company, so technically they own ALL OF THEM

side note, im actually the son of the guy that's right next to the president (owner), and is higher than the VP

so tell me, where are you getting your information from? im quite curious
awww snap....someone's going to be job hunting soon.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:22 AM   #249
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
honestly this thread makes me sick
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #250
Circle Stick Square Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-HONDAhatch View Post
OJ/DQ in brentwood mall. Don't work there anymore so...

-Don't buy the "fresh squeezed" juice. Veggies are only washed once (right when we get them, then they're left alone til they run out).
-Watch out for the blizzards. The sink we keep the metal collars in gets clogged the most (lots of excess ingredients accumulate) and when the plumbers unclog it, all I see is this dark, black shit that comes out (I can't even tell what it was before).
-Bananas. If you aren't watching, they'll use under or over ripened bananas. Although, it's the only real fresh fruit we use. Everything else is just frozen puree with about 10% sugar in it.
-Hot dogs. The large dogs usually sit around on the grill the whole day. The ones that aren't sold are thrown out at the end of the day, luckily. Ingredients added onto the hotdog sometimes can be a few months old.
-Blizzard ingredients are also sometimes a few months old depending on how popular they are.
-an orange julius is pretty much - ice, 50/50 orange juice concentrate + water, and a powder called "Flavor Enhancer" which contains eggs, flour, milk, and some other stuff that I forgot
-the thicker julius' such as S&B, Triple Berry, and Pina colada have an extra powder added called "Smoothie Booster" which is a big part of the formula. It has a sort of coconut flavor to it, although I forgot what the ingredients were.
-The pomegranate julius (don't know if they still have it) uses a pomegranate concentrate, which, if it is not in demand, will sit around until someone orders it. After a few days, it tastes like cheap wine since it is allowed to ferminate.
-most times, utensils are only rinsed
-Unused ice milk (for ice cream) from old bags will usually be poured into a newer bag

That's all I can think of for now
lol theres two pretty cute girls that work there.

91 240sx (Sold)
86 FC3S (Sold)
99 Civic

!Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote