REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Campus Forum

Campus Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The Student Life
School events, activities, rate your prof, students helping each other..

Old 02-19-2014, 12:42 AM   #2876
Prove them wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
Wondering if anyone withdrew from a reg semester class before? Might not pass this class and I'm thinking of dropping it, curious if I get any money back?
I've dropped a reg semester course before… had the worst bio prof ever. Steven Conners…

If you don't think you're going to pass then drop it, but don't make it a habit because if you have too many W's on your transcript it kinda gets looked down upon later in the future.
Advertisement
AuStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:58 AM   #2877
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
Wondering if anyone withdrew from a reg semester class before? Might not pass this class and I'm thinking of dropping it, curious if I get any money back?
too late now, u dont get any refund back. You will get a W on your transcript.

Only the first week of classes you dont get a W and 100% refund. After that its 80% then nothing
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:38 PM   #2878
I am Hook'd on RS

bio1116
eng1127
stat1124
and I just dropped out of a Chinese class...Harsh regret taking it in the beginning.
PinkMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:33 PM   #2879
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Anyone know of any guaranteed GPA boosters? I need some for my last 30 credits before I transfer to UBC. Also, does anyone know if I have to be taking courses relevant to my program in the last 30 credits?
alwayslive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:07 PM   #2880
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 3,712 Times in 467 Posts
^Econ 2296 with Donna Park

Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:02 PM   #2881

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayslive View Post
Anyone know of any guaranteed GPA boosters? I need some for my last 30 credits before I transfer to UBC. Also, does anyone know if I have to be taking courses relevant to my program in the last 30 credits?
keep in mind that you are competing with other ppl going into that program. If its arts that you applying to then you can take whatever you want.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #2882

I'm trying to get into UBC kins and I just need some GPA boosters as my electives lol. I already have all of my core courses done
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-03-2014, 10:04 AM   #2883
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Reminder to activate your registration time :P

March 24 - 9AM for me yaaay
slingblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:30 PM   #2884
I am Hook'd on RS

Wow lucky, mine is April 2, 2:00 health science...
PinkMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:11 PM   #2885

dw, the arts and science classes wont be available until march 31st
Old 03-24-2014, 08:05 AM   #2886

Got into all the classes I needed! Looks like I will meet my goal of 2014 graduation after all!
slingblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:23 PM   #2887
Prove them wrong

Anyone here know if I have to take bio 1115 AND bio 1215 in order for them to be transferable to either sfu or ubc? Or can I just take bio 1115 at langara and take the 1215 equivalent at sfu/ubc?

And also would anyone recommend taking kin 1161 (leisure & sports in society) online or in class? I know that it's a really dry course and that it involves a lot of reading. So would it make a difference to take it online or not?
AuStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:47 PM   #2888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy- View Post
Anyone here know if I have to take bio 1115 AND bio 1215 in order for them to be transferable to either sfu or ubc? Or can I just take bio 1115 at langara and take the 1215 equivalent at sfu/ubc?

And also would anyone recommend taking kin 1161 (leisure & sports in society) online or in class? I know that it's a really dry course and that it involves a lot of reading. So would it make a difference to take it online or not?
yes you need to take bio 1115 AND bio 1215 in order for them to be transferable to UBC. Taking both is equivalent to first year bio in UBC. The only course I know that isnt like that is PHYS 1125 & 1225. PHYS 1125 is equivalent to UBC 101 and PHYS 1225 is UBC 102

use Home Page - BC Transfer Guide

I recommend taking it online, bcz courses online tend to be little easier than in class.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:04 AM   #2889

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy- View Post

For ubc, i believe bio 1115 + 1215 are unassigned first year credits. If you take one it's only 3(or 4, I forget), if you take both its just the added total of the two. Also, to my understanding, 1115+1215 credits don't count for some bio courses that are prerequisites for the majority of higher level bio courses at ubc
Posted via RS Mobile
MeetHanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:34 PM   #2890
I am Hook'd on RS

hi, first time poster in this section of this forum.
So i'm seeking help right now, i'm currently 30 credits into my degree (sfu econ), and i'm gonna be put into AP again. I don't think i can do well there, very upset at myself for dicking around and my life just really isn't the greatest right now. (family feuds, problems, financial hardships, broke up with girlfriend, lost a lot of my close friends)

so i told myself, fuck, i'll just go to langara and do transfer. Really demotivating @ sfu, and i have tons of sad memories there.

I don't really have the time to search through this whole thread, but i've looked @ what langara has to offer. i just want to know how some of those courses are.

I want to transfer into UBC econ, and i see that the ARTS entry GPA is 3.3.
If i take like 30+ more credits @ langara, would it be lower??

I'm motivated to do well, and bring myself back up from this ditch i've created. I know people learn from their mistakes and i will stand up stronger than ever.
I'd like to hear from some people who had the same or similar situations.

I haven't talked to any of the advisers yet, but i will go talk to the langara adviser soon.
asuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:43 PM   #2891

UBC will take most recent 30 credits.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:05 PM   #2892
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

And with a 3.3 G.P.A. at langara, it would be a pretty safe bet for you to be accepted into the Arts program. I'm not the most dedicated student but with the right motivation, it is certainly acheivable through constant focus. The environment at Langara really varies though so make sure you don't hang out with the wrong crowd.
Bring some RS people with you to help u GANG BANG the guy!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selanne_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-26-2014, 09:06 PM   #2893

for me i think its pretty hard to get 3.3 gpa with core courses. teachers at langara is hit and miss.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:01 PM   #2894

I try to go with rate my professors rating when it comes to course selections, also, it's a bit of a catch 22 but keeping your grades up means you get first picks of courses which lets you pick better profs which should help your grades
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 03-26-2014, 10:02 PM   #2895

btw 3.3gpa at langara I wouldn't say is easy, but its achievable, even with just moderate effort
Old 03-27-2014, 08:20 AM   #2896

registration time does not depend on your grades! its actually depends on what faculty your studying in and what time you activated
Old 03-27-2014, 03:14 PM   #2897

That is incorrect, your registration time is not on a first come first serve basis and is actually pre-assigned, I sure hope you haven't been thinking that if you're attending langara and aim to be the first to click the activation button. Activating it merely means you're indicating that you would like to register for courses.

Taken directly from lanagaras website.
How Your Registration Time is Assigned:
New Students

New students register at an assigned date and time. Registration times for new Arts & Science students is determined by the date of application to the College. Registration times for new career and limited enrolment program students are determined by the date and time assigned to their program.

Returning Students

Returning students register at an assigned registration date and time each semester. Registration times for Arts & Science students are determined using a combination of the number of credits completed and their Langara College cumulative grade point average. Returning career program students register by program and program term.
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by Selanne_200; 03-27-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:43 PM   #2898
I am Hook'd on RS

hmm... 3.3 seems achievable but it will take a lot of effort.
I wonder if 3.0 would cut it...
Mind you, i'm not "book smart" or anything, i'm the type of person who needs to constantly get practice and read it over and over which is extremely time consuming and boring to say the least.

If not, i'll probably go to BCIT and do some trades programs. i'm gonna go try langara for a semester for now, and see.

Do you guys recommend any transferable courses i can take at langara for a start?
thanks in advance !
Old 03-27-2014, 09:46 PM   #2899
I am Hook'd on RS

i also forgot to add, i'm gonna be transferring into second year. (or third, i have approx 30 credits right now)

the GPA should be lower when trying to enter arts. ( i read it was 2.75, please correct me if i'm incorrect)
Old 03-29-2014, 12:23 AM   #2900

It would be lower for arts as opposed to science or business per say, but a 2.75 average means you're averaging a b- in your courses and I don't think that's going to cut it. Besides, you want to set your bar higher since it is usually expected that your grades will be lower once you transfer due to the change in environment/teaching style etc... so what's the point of you transferring and end up being on AP.
Also, I find that if you go into something that you're interested in or something you have an aptitude for, it makes everything easier and much more enjoyable for yourself as well. So don't pick BCIT or Langara or a transfer because someone wants you to be there, make sure its because you want to be there and its something for yourself!

Lastly, it really depends on what you like. For starters, I'm not sure what courses you have taken already, maybe you can try PSYC 1115 +1215 since it's all multiple choice and 4 exams you're done kind of thing or maybe like BUSM1285 where its more written based and application based and its information that could potentially come in handy for you?
This post thanked by: