REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Campus Forum

Campus Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The Student Life
School events, activities, rate your prof, students helping each other..

Old 03-29-2014, 12:24 AM   #2901
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

BTW, a transfer into third year would most likely have a lower GPA requirement than a second year but of course it depends on the year when you applied for the transfer since you're being compared with other applicants
Advertisement
Bring some RS people with you to help u GANG BANG the guy!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selanne_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:23 PM   #2902
I am Hook'd on RS

i still haven't enrolled yet, i've had stuff happen in the family that affected my studies.
I really want to obtain a degree from a university.
although it's to make my family happy... ultimately, it will benefit me the most and i understand that.

I'm probably going to do economics @ UBC when i transfer. i shall ask people what to take for these kinds of courses.

Also, i'm wondering what kind of first/2nd year courses i can take as transfer credit @ langara (preferably easier ones that are useful)

thanks!
and thanks a lot for answering my questions, really appreciate it!
asuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:26 PM   #2903
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
To be honest. If you are just getting a university degree to make your family happy, you should think twice. If it's not something you want to do and foresee yourself in a career in the future, reconsider what you want. The last thing you want is spend 5 years in school and end up miserable later on because you can't get a good job.

I know so many of my friends growing up that studied something for the sake of getting a degree and couldn't utilize that degree.
Euro7r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2014, 10:42 PM   #2904

^ I was just about to say that. I won't argue against the fact that a university degree is good for you but it really sounds like you're going thru university for the sake of pleasing your family. As i said before, if you are going to do this, you want to make sure this is something you want to do or at least be half passionate about. It really sounds like you're not sure if this is the route you want to take and just picking economics just for the sake of choosing something.

As far as picking courses, if you're unsure of what to take, why not take a variety of courses at the college level to see if anything catches your eyes? Just make sure that those courses are transferrable on the BC transfer guide website. They are cheaper at Langara and if you don't like something, it's less likely to affect your academic record. So in your case, why not take first year Micro/Macro Econ to see if you like economics, but at the same time you can take HKIN 1103/PSYC 1115+1215/FGMT 1115+1215 /BUSM 1285/2200 to see if a particular field interests you. (BTW, these courses all transferred for me)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-01-2014, 04:05 PM   #2905
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
So my registration came today, on the website it says there were 24 seats available but when i registered for it i got put on the waitlist? As of now it still says 23 seats available and 45 on waitlist WTF?

Im 24th on the waitlist what are the chances of getting in?

21' 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
23' VW MK8 GTI 40th Anniversary
18' Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
21' Ducati Streetfighter V4 S

--
16' Mineral Grey F80 BMW M3 6MT SOLD -11/22
22' Halo Toyota GR86 6MT SOLD -11/22
12' Phantom Black - B8 Audi S4 - SOLD 04/19
07' WDP Acura TL Type-S - A-Spec/ATLP/H&R - SOLD 12/17
18' Matte Silver Ice - Triumph 765 Street Triple RS - SOLD 4/21
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:11 PM   #2906
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
So my registration came today, on the website it says there were 24 seats available but when i registered for it i got put on the waitlist? As of now it still says 23 seats available and 45 on waitlist WTF?

Im 24th on the waitlist what are the chances of getting in?
I always kept all my waitlisted classes until several days in. Sometimes half the class drops and sometimes most of them stay. It's really just the luck of the draw.

It doesn't really hurt you to be waitlisted, so I'd only drop it if you had another course that you'd rather take in that time slot
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:27 PM   #2907
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

What course is that? And chances are pretty slim of you getting in at #24 if it is a popular course (sounds like it is..)
slingblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:35 PM   #2908

Econ 1220 with Fulton

Weirdest part is there still says there is 23 seats available. Might give them a call tmw

21' 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
18' Tesla Model 3 LR RWD

--
Old 04-02-2014, 08:36 PM   #2909
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I was wondering if I can get some followers for a twitter account. This is for MARK 3210 class, I need about 20-ish more followers for twitter to complete one portion of my group assignment. You will not be getting any more updates after Thursday April 3, 2014. Thanks for reading this.

https://twitter.com/boxngo

Note: this is a fictitious business, it's for a project
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:48 AM   #2910
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Does anyone know if it is possible to appeal for readmittance during academic suspension WITHOUT even missing one semester to do the success plan? Prof totally screwed me over so I ALMOST have the 1.50 GPA but will not be able to get it lol
Posted via RS Mobile
alwayslive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #2911

^Wait so you say that your prof screwed you over but that's only for this semester, what happened to the one before when you got placed on academic probation? And it looks like that's the only way for you to appeal your suspension, besides it may be a good thing for you to stop and re-evaluate why you're in college in the first place if you can't maintain a 1.5 GPA from the sound of it.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2014, 04:53 PM   #2912
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayslive View Post
Does anyone know if it is possible to appeal for readmittance during academic suspension WITHOUT even missing one semester to do the success plan? Prof totally screwed me over so I ALMOST have the 1.50 GPA but will not be able to get it lol
Posted via RS Mobile

If you are near the end of your diploma or degree, they might let you back into the program to register for courses.
Euro7r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:59 PM   #2913
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
FYI: new rules state to graduate with a diploma, you need a minimum of a 2.00 CGPA effective Spring 2014. Leniency may be given if student has completed diploma (but didn't graduate) prior to Spring 2014 or if student is about to finish diploma in Spring 2014. Previous requirement was 1.70 CGPA (IIRC, something like that).

So even if alwayslive gets readmitted, he/she will need to step up their game to get above 2.0 CGPA in order to graduate.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:35 PM   #2914
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

My normal GPA is around a 3.6 but I've been going through some personal stuff and havnt been able to focus lately. Damn, are you sure the success plan is the only way with me taking a sem off? I was planning on applying to UBC next Jan and using the next 3 sems as my 30 credits.. Ah guess I'll need to take another year to transfer. Gonna be second year when all my friends are graduating lol
Posted via RS Mobile
alwayslive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:16 PM   #2915
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
My normal GPA is around a 3.6 but I've been going through some personal stuff and havnt been able to focus lately. Damn, are you sure the success plan is the only way with me taking a sem off? I was planning on applying to UBC next Jan and using the next 3 sems as my 30 credits.. Ah guess I'll need to take another year to transfer. Gonna be second year when all my friends are graduating lol
Posted via RS Mobile
dude get your shit together. be strong, havent seen u around langara or at the y. Dont worry about ur friends graduating, worry about yourself.

If you want to look at me, most of my friends graduated last year from uni. Yet I am still in school cuz I fcked around and had personal stuff too.

Plus i heard if you get readmitted and still dont do well, you wont be able to come back to langara. Where else would you go?
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:05 PM   #2916
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
write a graduation adjudication form to the graduation commitee be like "wtf yo,i started in 20xx and the graduation for CGPA was 1.50. It's only fair if i get that grand father into my graduation."

somefing lyke dat
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:39 PM   #2917

Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
Don't worry about your friends and what they're doing. Focus on what you need to do in order for you to be successful. Is it difficult? Sure, but I'm sure it's well worth it. This is coming from someone who started back in college then uni when all my friends have ALREADY graduated when i started again
Old 04-05-2014, 08:30 PM   #2918

Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
From personal experience, definitely prioritize your well-being. There's also psychologists and counselors available at the school, if you're interested. Also, if it makes you feel better, a good majority of my friends started their careers by the time I got rolling.
MeetHanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:37 PM   #2919
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
To be honest. If you are just getting a university degree to make your family happy, you should think twice. If it's not something you want to do and foresee yourself in a career in the future, reconsider what you want. The last thing you want is spend 5 years in school and end up miserable later on because you can't get a good job.

I know so many of my friends growing up that studied something for the sake of getting a degree and couldn't utilize that degree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne_200 View Post
^ I was just about to say that. I won't argue against the fact that a university degree is good for you but it really sounds like you're going thru university for the sake of pleasing your family. As i said before, if you are going to do this, you want to make sure this is something you want to do or at least be half passionate about. It really sounds like you're not sure if this is the route you want to take and just picking economics just for the sake of choosing something.

As far as picking courses, if you're unsure of what to take, why not take a variety of courses at the college level to see if anything catches your eyes? Just make sure that those courses are transferrable on the BC transfer guide website. They are cheaper at Langara and if you don't like something, it's less likely to affect your academic record. So in your case, why not take first year Micro/Macro Econ to see if you like economics, but at the same time you can take HKIN 1103/PSYC 1115+1215/FGMT 1115+1215 /BUSM 1285/2200 to see if a particular field interests you. (BTW, these courses all transferred for me)
Yeah... I understand. There's simply nothing for me to do right now other than go to school. It's not that i don't completely hate it, it's just really demotivating and stressful at times. I want to make my family happy , yes but also i know the degree will benefit me in the future. I'm sure achieving a degree for myself will make me happy. I honestly don't want to get stuck making 10.25 an hour. Everybody has dreams, everybody wants to be happy but a lot of that comes after pain and suffering.

I've taken micro/macro @ SFU. It's relatively interesting topic and i don't mind it. I haven't taken any psych courses but i have taken business courses. I F'in hate business courses, i'm stage shy and i can't present upfront. Really difficult for me. I don't know if i should just take first year transferable courses @ langara to transfer to UBC.
asuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:30 PM   #2920

Buddy, if it was easy, everyone would have a degree.. Can't imagine what type of anxiety you're going through. I been through a similar stage in my post secondary career, I think. I'm glad that chapter of life has been closed, as those feelings were very unpleasant... Nothing anyone here says would change how you feel at this point, but just know that if I personally were able to relive a few things in my post secondary career, I would take things a LOT less seriously and not put that type of pressure on myself. It costed me 2 years of my happiness and those 2 years are gone forever. What the fuck is more important than my happiness? Not sure.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:58 PM   #2921
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asuri View Post
Yeah... I understand. There's simply nothing for me to do right now other than go to school. It's not that i don't completely hate it, it's just really demotivating and stressful at times. I want to make my family happy , yes but also i know the degree will benefit me in the future. I'm sure achieving a degree for myself will make me happy. I honestly don't want to get stuck making 10.25 an hour. Everybody has dreams, everybody wants to be happy but a lot of that comes after pain and suffering.

I've taken micro/macro @ SFU. It's relatively interesting topic and i don't mind it. I haven't taken any psych courses but i have taken business courses. I F'in hate business courses, i'm stage shy and i can't present upfront. Really difficult for me. I don't know if i should just take first year transferable courses @ langara to transfer to UBC.
take the public speaking business course at Langara. Definitely recommend it for anyone that finds themselves shy yet want to be able to engage in conversations with strangers.
Posted via RS Mobile
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:00 PM   #2922

Congrats to everyone on another finished semester
Old 04-19-2014, 12:38 PM   #2923

Fuck guys, Econ 1221 mark came out today and i got a D

Should i redo the course? Im looking to do university transfer into 3rd year so i hope this doesnt screw it up that much.

21' 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
18' Tesla Model 3 LR RWD

--
Old 04-19-2014, 12:45 PM   #2924
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
Fuck guys, Econ 1221 mark came out today and i got a D

Should i redo the course? Im looking to do university transfer into 3rd year so i hope this doesnt screw it up that much.
Yes you should. D is a GPA of 1 isnt it. Will drag your avg down.
noTirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 01:17 PM   #2925

Well what faculty are you planning to transfer into? Also, was there a particular reason why you got a d? Since repeating it won't help you unless you ace it. I say you might as well move on and focus on a third year transfer since they'll be looking at your most recent 30 credits anyways.
Posted via RS Mobile