REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Campus Forum

Campus Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The Student Life
School events, activities, rate your prof, students helping each other..

Old 06-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #2701
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

someone here is in my accounting class with a red rs lanyard
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
dyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #2702
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
^ I got my activation time yesterday at 1 PM
i wil kil u

Anyone have any tips for scheduling 6 hard as fuck courses?
whEEls7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #2703
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Time management. Don't fall behind and seek help immediately if you cannot figure something out. Once you fall behind, stuff piles up real quick. Pretty much the stuff you hear all the time but don't take to heart until it's too late
Kayci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #2704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayci View Post
Time management. Don't fall behind and seek help immediately if you cannot figure something out. Once you fall behind, stuff piles up real quick. Pretty much the stuff you hear all the time but don't take to heart until it's too late
i mean actually scheduling them
Old 06-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #2705

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Anyone here taking any term 1 marketing/business courses?

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #2706

Quote:
Originally Posted by whEEls7 View Post
i mean actually scheduling them
Don't know what you mean by scheduling them. I really don't think you'll be able to get the sections you want, so it'll be a game of how to get more courses with the sections left unless you have an early registration date.

Only other thing I can think of is breaks. Some like longer breaks in between and some don't? I find it easier to load up class after class and finish it all with no down time between, and to start earlier than later. Just personal preference.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:25 PM   #2707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayci View Post
Don't know what you mean by scheduling them. I really don't think you'll be able to get the sections you want, so it'll be a game of how to get more courses with the sections left unless you have an early registration date.

Only other thing I can think of is breaks. Some like longer breaks in between and some don't? I find it easier to load up class after class and finish it all with no down time between, and to start earlier than later. Just personal preference.
yeah you're right. i gotta plan to get what i can
Old 06-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #2708
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
What happens if you miss your registration time? Can you just do it anytime after the registration time or does it close shortly after the time?

Nvm found it - You can register on your registration time or any time after.

Last edited by LP700-4; 06-22-2013 at 08:49 PM.
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #2709
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Can someone help confirm?

bachelor of business administration at langara > bachelor of arts sfu/ubc
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:22 AM   #2710
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,835 Times in 1,838 Posts
^ dunno about that, but a business degree is probably more useful than having a general arts degree, regardless of which of those institutions it came from.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:30 AM   #2711
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

^True but I think it also depends on what you intend to do with the degree. For example, economics is actually considered arts at ubc, so I guess the point is, don't do a general arts degree
Bring some RS people with you to help u GANG BANG the guy!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selanne_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #2712
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Can someone help confirm?

bachelor of business administration at langara > bachelor of arts sfu/ubc
Pardon my lack of organization:
I recently earned my history degree at SFU and am currently doing my BBA at Langara to legitimize my eventual career as a Business Education High School Teacher/Social Studies Teacher. What I am about to say will probably piss off the reader. It is true there are more job prospects in Business. But quantity never equates quality. A history BA is much harder acquire, requires more effort to get and despite the abysmal applications outside of research, improves the analytical acumen of its graduates. There is some analysis in Business, but it is nothing compared to history. The writing skills inherent in a BA are elite compared to BBA majors (BBA graduates need strong written and oral communication skills). The jobs are limited in arts, but it depends on where you look and how you market your skills. A lot of people don't know this, but BA graduates can enter market research. There are also research careers, archive work, certain analyst positions and of course, the lowly teachers. A langara BBA is limited because there is only accounting, marketing, International business (which is very vague), management. I won't say much about accounting since it is the exception where I am sure it is booming with prospects. Langara's marketing is very broad and lacks the digital dimension where the most money can be made. It's heavily focused on promotional marketing, which stretches from retail to personal selling. The management and international business degrees are like the lazyman's alternative to the marketing management program at Langara because they do not encompass much. A lot of what is learned in the three programs (INT, MARK, and BUSM) can be learned on the job. Experience trumps the ego of a degree. I will add more to my rant later.

Anyone can get a business degree at Langara. Would it give you a job? No. Business is the discipline where you have to make connections, perhaps do co-op, get internships for the experiences. If you do not have the above, you're F****D. You can be brilliant and land the job by interviews, but without the appropriate experiences, you're really no different from the countless hundreds of applicants who applied for the same job. The person who will get that job is the person who has that competitive advantage (connections, experience). That degree is just a piece of paper you build on. You build on it with experiences and connections.

tl;dr: I can be an archivist or market researcher if I wanted to.
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #2713

r8 schedule
whos in muh classes

ugliest fucken schedule ive ever seen but ok
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #2714

Looks alright, could be worse with less courses :P Wish I was able to get this many on my first semester!
Old 06-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #2715
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 3,712 Times in 467 Posts
Spoiler!

You better have some lube handy because you're going to get f*cked so hard if you are not ready.
Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #2716

^LOOOOOL prepare for hermit life
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #2717
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,107 Times in 271 Posts
What the fuck.....No breaks. Have fun.

By the way, I can't seem to drop a course. I dropped a course I registered a month before the semester even started on April 2. Is this the reason why? Going to see the counsellor tomorrow to see whats going on.

Would suck if I couldn't drop a course because of that.
KingDeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #2718
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Got a question here. So my registration time was today for Kinesiology (June 26 1500). I login and go to register and low and behold all the available courses are full. When i do the course search they only show 4 classes for each course and they are all full. Some of the courses I need aren't even on the course list. I called the hotline but they were no help. Is there supposed to be so few courses even for the core ones. Right now I just managed to be waitlist for 2 kinesiology courses. Kinda getting worried at this point right now.
Dustizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #2719
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustizmo View Post
Got a question here. So my registration time was today for Kinesiology (June 26 1500). I login and go to register and low and behold all the available courses are full. When i do the course search they only show 4 classes for each course and they are all full. Some of the courses I need aren't even on the course list. I called the hotline but they were no help. Is there supposed to be so few courses even for the core ones. Right now I just managed to be waitlist for 2 kinesiology courses. Kinda getting worried at this point right now.
Some courses are only offered during certain semesters and yes there is usually a shortage of core courses that people need.
noTirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #2720

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Spoiler!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sched.jpg (60.5 KB, 0 views)

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:00 PM   #2721
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 3,712 Times in 467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustizmo View Post
Welcome to Langara.
Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #2722
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by whEEls7 View Post
r8 schedule
whos in muh classes

ugliest fucken schedule ive ever seen but ok
going to engineering? tat is quite a course load
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #2723
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

got fucked over at ubc, anyone know what is the minimum grade for a course that I can transfer to langara for credit? Im planning to transfer to sfu business or arts after a year. Thanks
Phuck Yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #2724
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
dont even think about sfu business, ubc is much easier to get in

3rd yr -

Quote:
BC College Commerce Transfer Programs

Am I eligible to transfer to a BCom at Sauder?
To find out what credit you can transfer to UBC, please visit the BC online transfer guide for help. Then check out the required courses for admission to Year 3 (below).

Required courses for admission to Year 3
You must have completed a minimum of 54 transferable credits including the following courses to be eligible for admission to Year 3:

ECON 101 – Principles of Microeconomics
ECON 102 – Principles of Macroeconomics
MATH 104 – Differential Calculus. 
Acceptable equivalents include MATH 100, MATH 102, MATH 110, MATH 180, MATH 184
ENGL 112 – University Writing
. A minimum grade of 60% or "C" is required in English. English courses taken at colleges or universities in countries where English is not the primary language do not satisfy this requirement. ASTU 150, ENGL 100, Arts One or CAP satisfying the Faculty of Arts Writing requirement is acceptable.

A minimum of five of the following second year core courses: COMM 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 298. No more than one of COMM 296, 391, and 392 may substitute for one of the second year core courses.

Important: Many COMM 29X courses are prerequisites to Year 3 option/specialization courses. While a minimum of five of the above COMM 29X courses is required for admission to Year 3, deficiencies in 29X courses upon admission may delay you from registering in your option choice until the academic session following your admission.

Average required to be considered for admission to Year 3

After you finish the second year of a Commerce Transfer Program at a BC College, you must meet a minimum overall average of 2.50 (calculated on the last 30 credits of your coursework) and a minimum core average of 2.50 on all your Commerce courses (including ECON 201 and 301 or their equivalents).

Documents required:
Final, official copies of your transcripts
UBC BCom online application – this must be submitted by January 31, 2013.
Additional documentation – proof of English language proficiency, SAT scores (for US students) and more may be required depending on where you’ve completed secondary school. Check with youbc/ Admissions for more information.
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #2725
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
dont even think about sfu business, ubc is much easier to get in

3rd yr -
Why is that? :O
airclimber is offline   Reply With Quote