REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Hockey Gear Whoring Thread and Reviews (https://www.revscene.net/forums/564246-hockey-gear-whoring-thread-reviews.html)

skiiipi 11-24-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharmed (Post 7701809)
X60 stick fire sale at Pro Hockey Life due to the release of the APX (Calgary, but also available online). Lots of PM9 left. I'm going to be sad when I break my last one.

Does anyone have an APX yet? How does it compare?

X60 are on sale at sportchek as well
All old vapor sticks are 20% off+ save additional 10% with a list coupon
So essentially 30% off
Posted via RS Mobile

!Nhan 11-25-2011 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiiipi (Post 7701649)
How old,

Pre-supple fit like Mission Flyweight, or Amp series is imo the best missions made, these are hard to find locally or even online.

Post supple fit, there is the "PureFly" generation, then the S500 generation, these u can still find on certain clearance racks in some sportcheks.

Pitch series, like the L series, L5s and so on....the shittiest mission imo, these are still avalible on most sportchek clearance racks.
Posted via RS Mobile

is there a reason why you dislike the pitch series?

skiiipi 11-25-2011 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Nhan (Post 7702512)
is there a reason why you dislike the pitch series?

Don't agree with supple fit.
I think the design is not good.
Pitch holder also had issues as well.

FYI RS'ers, Sportchek will be subbing the SE16 hockey stick that's currently on sale for $99.99 with EQ50 and CCM CL sticks once the SE16 sells out. RC only has 4 SE16 left, the EQ50 and CCM CL at 99.99 will be BELOW COST by almost $70 per stick, I was shocked when I was told that those 2 sticks are the ad subsitutions.
Posted via RS Mobile

skiiipi 11-25-2011 04:33 PM

Just got another update from my hockey guy, the subs went into effect this morning at our store, and have sold a ton already at those prices.
So if u haven't yet, give the store a call and go grab a EQ50 or CCM U+ CL for $99.99...6042785461
Posted via RS Mobile

belka 11-25-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 7701527)
The EAston RS is a very very whippy stick. The 110 flex is going to be whippier than your S19 110 flex.
I think this is the reason why Edler is snapping a stick or 2 per game. :heckno:

I agree about the wrist/snap shots with the RS, but I am still having trouble finding the stick's sweet spot with my slap shot. Some shots take off like a champ and some trickle away like I fanned on the shot. I definately get more consistency with my Total One.

Ya WTF is up with that? I noticed that with my old S7 pretty much every slap shot went off like a shotgun, it was consistent and predictable. With the S19 it's a guessing game, some slappers are bullets, others are little whiffle pucks that float towards the net. Snap shots with the S19 are no doubt 100x better than any other stick I've used.

mickz 11-26-2011 12:33 AM

1. Buy EQ50
2. Wait for useless weights to fall out/send in for warranty
3. ???
4. Profit

Wilso09 11-26-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiiipi (Post 7703221)
Just got another update from my hockey guy, the subs went into effect this morning at our store, and have sold a ton already at those prices.
So if u haven't yet, give the store a call and go grab a EQ50 or CCM U+ CL for $99.99...6042785461
Posted via RS Mobile

Just called and you guys are all sold out of the EQ50's already! Wanted to pick one up this afternoon. Such a good price!
Posted via RS Mobile

skiiipi 11-26-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilso09 (Post 7704035)
Just called and you guys are all sold out of the EQ50's already! Wanted to pick one up this afternoon. Such a good price!
Posted via RS Mobile

O wow, that was fast...I have no idea what's going on at the store right now as I'm currently on holidays.
I am back tomorrow for the private sales event, hope to see some of you guys there!
Posted via RS Mobile

sonick 11-26-2011 03:17 PM

Was gonna go in to just pick up a cage, but saw that you guys still had the CCM U+ CL in stock... $260 stick for $99 was too tempting to pass up. BUT, I also had a 20% off coupon stacked on top of that, so $80 for the CrazyLight. Not too shabby :)

belka 11-26-2011 03:17 PM

Had a chance to try out the Easton RS. Incredible. Just as light as the S19 however it somehow feels stronger and more solid which is what I like. Slap shots are rockets and 10x more consistent than the S19, snaps are just as good without that whippy, noodle feel. The puck just flies off. If you are in the high end market looking for a stick, try the Easton RS if you dare, because you'll be hooked. I bought mine off HockeyHobo on Ebay, at the time it was free shipping but I think they charge $10 now. :mad:

Wilso09 11-26-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 7704308)
Was gonna go in to just pick up a cage, but saw that you guys still had the CCM U+ CL in stock... $260 stick for $99 was too tempting to pass up. BUT, I also had a 20% off coupon stacked on top of that, so $80 for the CrazyLight. Not too shabby :)

I was able to pick up a couple EQ50's at metro for $99 each but they wouldn't accept my 20% coupon stack! $99 is an amazing price, but addition 20% off 2 sticks still $40, money's money.

Skiiipi, can you chime in and let me know if I would be able to swing by the Richmond location tomorrow and use the 20% off coupon if I return and repurchase the EQ50's?
Posted via RS Mobile

SolidPenguin 11-26-2011 04:41 PM

Update: Richmond Center HX is completely out of EQ50's that apply for the $99 deal, as well as the U+ CL and One95s. There may be 1 or 2 SE16s Righties still lying around, but I left before we closed, so they may be gone.

I personally went to broadway and picked up a one95 myself. Call around other stores and see what they got.

sonick 11-27-2011 12:39 AM

Ok, going from a $50 Bauer One:20 to this CCM U+ CL, I can already tell a difference, even though I am fairly new and not very good. My shots are more stable rather a flutter-puck and have more kick to them, and passing is more crisp and quick.

Made a perfect cross-crease backhand saucer pass to the opposite winger in a game today, but he couldn't bury it :-(

I also picked up a pair of used Bauer Vapor XVI from Sports Junkies, upgrading from a used low end pair of Bauer Supreme 2000, also a huge difference there too. Much better power transfer and more agility.

skiiipi 11-27-2011 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilso09 (Post 7704327)
I was able to pick up a couple EQ50's at metro for $99 each but they wouldn't accept my 20% coupon stack! $99 is an amazing price, but addition 20% off 2 sticks still $40, money's money.

Skiiipi, can you chime in and let me know if I would be able to swing by the Richmond location tomorrow and use the 20% off coupon if I return and repurchase the EQ50's?
Posted via RS Mobile

I haven't personally read the fine print on the coupon. So I cannot say for sure.
But u can come in tomorrow and talk to me and I'll see if we can honor it.
Posted via RS Mobile

skiiipi 11-27-2011 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidPenguin (Post 7704409)
Update: Richmond Center HX is completely out of EQ50's that apply for the $99 deal, as well as the U+ CL and One95s. There may be 1 or 2 SE16s Righties still lying around, but I left before we closed, so they may be gone.

I personally went to broadway and picked up a one95 myself. Call around other stores and see what they got.

Thanks for the update!
Cya at work tomorrow
I still can't believe HO subbed the EQ50 and U+ CL for the ad....I am scared to look at my margin report for hockey tmr.
Posted via RS Mobile

Wilso09 11-27-2011 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiiipi (Post 7705021)
I haven't personally read the fine print on the coupon. So I cannot say for sure.
But u can come in tomorrow and talk to me and I'll see if we can honor it.
Posted via RS Mobile

Sweet, thanks.
Will be swinging by with a buddy around 3:30-4.
I still need to pick up a new visor and he's thinking about getting a Grit bag, I'll see you later.
Posted via RS Mobile

Wilso09 11-27-2011 06:37 PM

Got an additional 20% off on the EQ50's when I came in today! Woohoo!
Skiiipi, didn't know who you were there (tired to look for a guy w/ the revscene lanyard) and didn't want to bother people since everyone seemed fairly busy helping others.
Posted via RS Mobile

SolidPenguin 11-27-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilso09 (Post 7705855)
Skiiipi, didn't know who you were there (tired to look for a guy w/ the revscene lanyard) and didn't want to bother people since everyone seemed fairly busy helping others.
Posted via RS Mobile

Im usually the guy with the revscene lanyard. But its all faded and i use Bauer lanyard now. Skiiipi was the big asian guy in the striped dress shirt.

Thats a sweet deal on the eq50, so you ended up paying $80 for it? Lucky you found one lying around still

skiiipi 11-27-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilso09 (Post 7705855)
Posted via RS Mobile

I was the one who told you that you could only use 1 coupon per stick, good thing you brought two coupons.

m3thods 11-28-2011 09:14 AM

Hey Solid/skiipi-

Any word on whether HX will carry the new Easton helmet? I'm in the market for one, and if I can snag on at the next f&f event that would be swell :D

skiiipi 11-28-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3thods (Post 7706505)
Hey Solid/skiipi-

Any word on whether HX will carry the new Easton helmet? I'm in the market for one, and if I can snag on at the next f&f event that would be swell :D

Yes we will be
I got the memo about the launch date already
Now whether or not Easton ships us the helmet on time is out of our hands.
Next F/F event should be in late jan/early feb.
Posted via RS Mobile

SumAznGuy 11-28-2011 09:33 AM

Skiipi, do how long is the sale on the SE16's good for and do you know if they are subbing any other sticks?
Told a bunch of guys at hockey about it and now they ask me for more info.

skiiipi 11-28-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 7706523)
Skiipi, do how long is the sale on the SE16's good for and do you know if they are subbing any other sticks?
Told a bunch of guys at hockey about it and now they ask me for more info.

Today is the last day
The subs are EQ50, CCM U+ CL, One 95, however some stores may be sold out of all subs and the se16.....richmond is one of them
So your buddies might have to call around to see if one of the other hockey experts have any of the subs left.

Langley, metro, park royal, pitt meadows would be the few I'd call first
Posted via RS Mobile

m3thods 11-28-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiiipi (Post 7706513)
Yes we will be
I got the memo about the launch date already
Now whether or not Easton ships us the helmet on time is out of our hands.
Next F/F event should be in late jan/early feb.
Posted via RS Mobile

mmmmm yum. Thanks for the heads up!

SolidPenguin 11-28-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3thods (Post 7706592)
mmmmm yum. Thanks for the heads up!

Actually, cause skiiipi has been away for almost a week....
We already have the helmets on hand, and i have seen and tried them on. We got the E700's in the back but cannot put them out for sale until Dec.1

They are much roomier compared to the S19. The new retention system is also easier to work with than the old baseball cap style strap.