REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Hockey Gear Whoring Thread and Reviews (https://www.revscene.net/forums/564246-hockey-gear-whoring-thread-reviews.html)

m3thods 11-28-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidPenguin (Post 7706659)
Actually, cause skiiipi has been away for almost a week....
We already have the helmets on hand, and i have seen and tried them on. We got the E700's in the back but cannot put them out for sale until Dec.1

They are much roomier compared to the S19. The new retention system is also easier to work with than the old baseball cap style strap.

Yeah that's what I've heard. I couldn't even put on an S19 medium, and the large still pressed on my temples quite heavily.

Looking at the pictures of the E700 on MSH makes me intrigued- but I'm also looking forward to the new Bauer helmet slated for Spring.

Not sure if you have 11k's yet, but how's the E700 compared to it? The 11k fits nice, albeit a bit loose. The 9900 also fit nice, but a bit more "secure" (if that makes sense).

SolidPenguin 11-28-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3thods (Post 7706676)
Yeah that's what I've heard. I couldn't even put on an S19 medium, and the large still pressed on my temples quite heavily.

Looking at the pictures of the E700 on MSH makes me intrigued- but I'm also looking forward to the new Bauer helmet slated for Spring.

Not sure if you have 11k's yet, but how's the E700 compared to it? The 11k fits nice, albeit a bit loose. The 9900 also fit nice, but a bit more "secure" (if that makes sense).

Im also really interested in the new Bauer Re-Akt helmet too, wondering on the fit.

We've had the 11ks since launch in august, they fit very well for me. Im wearing an 8k right now and the temples feel very tight and start to hurt after a while so i had to expand the size. But I didnt feel that in the 11k. Also very light design, very comfortable.

The 9900 also fits good for my head right out of the box, but from what youre saying i think you ll be better off in the 9900. Snugger more secure fit with no discomfort is gonna work best.

The s19 for me was a no go in the Med, but my temples could fit in a large, with the strap done up quite tight, so i had a huge gap in the back.
That is how easton told us to fit it the s19. Fit for width, then use the adjustment strap to cinch it up, but i would feel unerving with a big gap between the back of my neck and helmet, but it felt comfortable after that adjustment.

skiiipi 11-28-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidPenguin (Post 7706659)
Actually, cause skiiipi has been away for almost a week....
We already have the helmets on hand, and i have seen and tried them on. We got the E700's in the back but cannot put them out for sale until Dec.1

They are much roomier compared to the S19. The new retention system is also easier to work with than the old baseball cap style strap.

Thanks for the heads up.
I'll go try the helmets later
I didn't know we have them already
Posted via RS Mobile

alex.w *// 11-29-2011 09:22 PM

edit

SumAznGuy 12-01-2011 01:38 PM

Does anyone know if there is going to be an ice skate that will be replacing the RBK 11K for next year?

I am using a pair of 9K's and while they still work, they are looking tired and are starting to fall apart.

But I don't want to buy a pair of 11K's now knowing a new skate will be out next year or that the price of 11K's have come down substantially.

mickz 12-01-2011 01:48 PM

saw the 20k on PHEW. not alot of details available at this point

unrelated but anyone else pick up the stealth rs sticks yet? i think i might've found a new thing to hoard... the shaft radius is a bit boxy but man does it perform

SumAznGuy 12-01-2011 02:01 PM

I sold a couple of my T-one's and am starting to collect RS's.
I've been using a Hall curve 5.5 lie 85 flex. Wrist shots and snap shots are great. Still working on the sweet spot for slappers as I am finding a bit of inconsistency.

tmc22 12-03-2011 06:06 PM

Anyone wanna recommend a good and cheap skate for a beginner to skating? I'm not really looking to dish out $100 on a skate, because all I'm focussing on is learning the basics of skating, not hockey. Thanks!

belka 12-03-2011 06:16 PM

Where do you get your RS's? I'd like to pick up a couple more.

SolidPenguin 12-03-2011 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmc22 (Post 7714139)
Anyone wanna recommend a good and cheap skate for a beginner to skating? I'm not really looking to dish out $100 on a skate, because all I'm focussing on is learning the basics of skating, not hockey. Thanks!

$100 is already average price for a basic skate not really meant for hockey.

Best place for sub $100 skates is probably Canadian Tire, or maybe Sears when they have skates in. Even used at some second hand places.

Leopold Stotch 12-06-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidPenguin (Post 7714438)
$100 is already average price for a basic skate not really meant for hockey.

Best place for sub $100 skates is probably Canadian Tire, or maybe Sears when they have skates in. Even used at some second hand places.

I agree, $100 just isn't enough.

if you're serious about it spend a bit more, even 50-75 dollars more makes a big difference, my first pair of skates were practically the cheapest bauers available at the time, Vapor Vii for around $120.

edit: damn it i missed out on the SE16's, but with those sales they never have my flex and pattern anyways....

!Nhan 12-06-2011 08:05 PM

i bought a pair of easton eq3's from hockey monkey during their massive sale. can't skate very well on ice so i hope they're good enough. got them for 65 + shipping.

if you want a cheap pair of skates go look for some online since sales happen more frequent than in stores locally

corolla87 12-23-2011 10:08 PM

I bought the x05 for $60 total with a spc card. its was on sale for 59.99 at sportmart. Im just learning how to skate. i don't notice a big difference from these x05 and x20 when i rented them. so getting a skate under $100 is possible for the poster asking. my buddies also got theirs for 60(on sale) at canadian tire for bauer supreme pros. they are similar skates to x05. pretty good deal in my opinion.

jmanhas 12-24-2011 12:58 PM

Reebok pumps 4k skates are on sale at sportschek for 65?
thats a hella good deal!
i heard they're super comfy too!

!Nhan 12-24-2011 01:05 PM

any sportchek employees able to let us know about any hockey sales?

mickz 12-24-2011 04:30 PM

If anyone is looking for ~85 flex Stealth RS RH Sakic clones I may have some for sale soon... I've got way too many sticks.

Edit: I have a Bauer ONE95 and a pro stock Total ONE for sale as well too; 87 flex and P92.

G 12-24-2011 04:35 PM

Is Sportchek going to have boxing day discounts on jerseys? I kinda wanna get a jersey + socks for games..

mickz 12-26-2011 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 7737312)
Is Sportchek going to have boxing day discounts on jerseys? I kinda wanna get a jersey + socks for games..

What kind of socks? Hopefully it's not the retail Reebok ones.

SolidPenguin 12-26-2011 07:34 PM

Whats wrong with the reebok socks

mickz 12-26-2011 07:41 PM

The quality is inferior to the pro ones. The material also doesn't stick to jock shorts, hence the need for the velcro tabs which probably won't line up nicely. The retail ones also fit much baggier than most socks.

The best socks IMO are still the old school knit socks but I still want to try out a pair of Nike Swift, if I can actually find a pair.

G 12-26-2011 10:34 PM

I'm actually trying to find Canucks (Blue, Green colorway) socks... I've decided to use my Canucks jersey for hockey-use since it's just sitting there at home :okay:

mickz 12-26-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 7739376)
I'm actually trying to find Canucks (Blue, Green colorway) socks... I've decided to use my Canucks jersey for hockey-use since it's just sitting there at home :okay:

Which size and style (home/away/third) are you looking for?

G 12-26-2011 10:51 PM

Home. and I don't know sizes lol. Does sportchek have it? I got this 50$ gc..

Kilinim 12-26-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 7739395)

Metro Sportchek didn't have Canucks socks today. I got mine at The Hockey Shop in Surrey.

mickz 12-26-2011 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 7739395)

Sportchek won't have any pro grade equipment. I have some pro stock Canucks socks for sale. PM'd you.