REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #876
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Wait for Bauer Nexus. It will be as wide as the Flexlite, if not wider/deeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
for those who know their hockey skates does anyone know i there is a boot that's wider in the forefoot than the flexlite line? i currently have the 3.0 in the EE and they don't feel like they're wide enough. if i decide to tie it more snug in the forefoot the outside of my foot starts to feel like it's being pinched inwards if anyone knows what i mean. this was supposedly the widest boot bauer makes and wider than other brands.

any suggestions?
Advertisement
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #877
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
I recently bought two Total Ones with a Toews curve. The stick in itself is great, just have to get used to the more aggressive curve, normally I use a Sakic/Hall. Once I snap the Total Ones I'll try the MAKO or APX.
got my x60 with the toews curve because it was the only one in 77 flex.

initially when i tried it at the Bauer event it felt really good, but it didn't feel as good when i used it more. but i like it cause i'm lazy and it can stay low on the clappers without me turning my wrists over if i hit near the heel/mid area, and nice and high when i hit mid/toe.

probably wouldn't get it again if there's a p92 or p3
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #878
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
6K helmet with Oakley visor.
No shoulder pads
RBK 5K elbow pads
Easton SE16 gloves
Reebok pro-return NCAA pants
CCM Vibe shin pads
RBK 9K skates
Bauer Tone P92 77 flex and East RS Hall 75 flex

Helmet fit's my head ok. New helmet and visor/cage is on my list for SC's F&F sale.
Old school, can't stand chest protectors. I play D so it is not a big deal.
Love my pants. Lots of protection except for the few times the puck hit the inside part of the thighs where there is no padding. And they fit like I am wearing a barrel since they are so bulky.
Shin pads were THS specials but so far they have held up to all the blocked shots.
Skates are pretty good. Grew up using 451 and 652 skates. Best mod was the fleece tongue.

I love my RS for wrist shots but I find it too whippy for good slappers.
The Tone is great for slappers and snap shots but I have to change my shot style on wrist shots as it doesn't flex as much as the RS.
Down sound to the RS is that I broke 2 in a month and the second one was the warranty stick. =(
I am finding that on the One95's and Tone's, I am wearing out the blades first. They lose that stiffness in the blade and I end shooting knucklers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #879
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Mission Intake Helmet + Oakley visor: I need a new helmet but can't find one that fits like this one does. Super comfortable, and is well ventilated. The visor is pro return that cost.... $35.
Old Eagle shoulders: Basically pieces of cloth, and are not bulky.
Old Jofa elbows: Not bulky and does its job.
Bauer X60 Pro gloves: Comfortable, without being too loose or too snug. The palm is more durable than expected too.
Mission pants: Provide adequate protection for recreation and have served me well for 3+ years.
RBK 3K shins: They have a nice liner you can wash.
RBK 11K skates: Comfortable, durable blade and boot, and provide good support. I prefer the fit to Bauer supremes.
Bauer APX or X60, both PM9/67 flex: whippy and great for snap/wrist shots. The APX blade is much softer than the X60.. not quite the T1 but close.

Post pics!

pharmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #880

^^^

All I can say is keep your head up.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 05-08-2012, 12:24 AM   #881
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Bauer 4500 helmet with Bauer H23 or H22 aviator visor, i love the visor very clear and optically correct. Best helmet i've had so far, but it's for a narrow head, not for a round one like mine.

Itech something shoulders, good enough for what i need it for, probably could have gotten slimmer ones.

CCM V4 elbows, i love midranged non bulky elbows.

Eagle X65i gloves. i love how tapered they are. The palms are awesome. might go back to Bauer depending on whether they change their lining.

Bauer X40 Pants, great pants. less protection in the ass. more reason to face shots.

Bauer X40 Shins. great protection. not a full calf wrap but good enough. is starting wearing down a bit because i tuck my tongue under the shins.

Bauer X40 skates. Great skates for the money. stiff enough for me to cut hard and skate better.

Bauer APX 77 Flex P92. best stick i've ever used. can't wait to break my other twigs so i can justify using it.
Bauer X60 77 Flex P14. decent stick. for some reason it didn't feel as good as my other x60. i also had to candy cane it because it wasn't grip. Curve is great at keeping low shots low and high shots high because i'm a lazy shooter.
Easton S19 75 flex P3. i like this stick the more i use it. very direct. wasn't used to the boxier shaft compared to the much rounder Vapor series.

Totally lost that face off.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #882
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
^^^

All I can say is keep your head up.
Yeah. Got plastered last year because of this, even if it's a non-contact league.
pharmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #883
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

helmet: Easton s19 prostock with Hejduk straight cut visor (extremely light helmet that you almost forget it's even on during games..almost seems unsafe haha)

shoulders: Easton EQ30 (not too bulky, 2 piece bicep guards are a good feature for mobility)

elbows: RBK 6K (didn't like the mobility I got from them), Warrior Franchise (much better mobility and good strapping system)

gloves: Easton EQpro (good protection and love the Nash palms, liner all the way tot he back of the fingers is really comfy), Warrior Pro Series II (good protection, a little more on the fitted side for a 4 roll glove, palm is ok..prefer the tradition nash)

pants: Easton EQ30 (good protection and light weight), Bauer X:60 girdle with warrior syko shell (get really good range of motion with these and protection but with having more protection leads to it being a heavier girdle)

shins: Easton EQ30 (blocking shots don't hurt, the upper strap doesn't too much so I need to use tape now)

skates: Easton EQ40 (good responsive skate and lightweight, moldability is great on these skates, wearing down a bit near the top eyelets after a year or so)

Sticks: Easton Mako 75flex p3 (whippier than previous 75 flex Eastons, puck feel is awesome on this blade, kick point inst as low as some of the other low kick sticks but still a good release), Easton s19 75flex p3 (good low kick stick and love the elliptical taper, blade is getting soft after about 6 months but I take a lot of slappers and shoot off the toe), Bauer X:60LE 77flex p92 (this stick is so durable..has yet to show any signs of breaking down after about 8 months)

hope this helps anyone looking at picking up some of these pieces
pinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #884
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinke View Post
helmet: Easton s19 prostock with Hejduk straight cut visor (extremely light helmet that you almost forget it's even on during games..almost seems unsafe haha)

shoulders: Easton EQ30 (not too bulky, 2 piece bicep guards are a good feature for mobility)

elbows: RBK 6K (didn't like the mobility I got from them), Warrior Franchise (much better mobility and good strapping system)

gloves: Easton EQpro (good protection and love the Nash palms, liner all the way tot he back of the fingers is really comfy), Warrior Pro Series II (good protection, a little more on the fitted side for a 4 roll glove, palm is ok..prefer the tradition nash)

pants: Easton EQ30 (good protection and light weight), Bauer X:60 girdle with warrior syko shell (get really good range of motion with these and protection but with having more protection leads to it being a heavier girdle)

shins: Easton EQ30 (blocking shots don't hurt, the upper strap doesn't too much so I need to use tape now)

skates: Easton EQ40 (good responsive skate and lightweight, moldability is great on these skates, wearing down a bit near the top eyelets after a year or so)

Sticks: Easton Mako 75flex p3 (whippier than previous 75 flex Eastons, puck feel is awesome on this blade, kick point inst as low as some of the other low kick sticks but still a good release), Easton s19 75flex p3 (good low kick stick and love the elliptical taper, blade is getting soft after about 6 months but I take a lot of slappers and shoot off the toe), Bauer X:60LE 77flex p92 (this stick is so durable..has yet to show any signs of breaking down after about 8 months)

hope this helps anyone looking at picking up some of these pieces
you must like easton equipment
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #885
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
people seem to have their loyalties lol

i'm partial to bauer
Old 05-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #886
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
so weird i'm not really partial to any brand unless it's my sticks, but almost all my equipment is bauer. just seems to fit best haha
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #887
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Didn't want to make a new thread, but I'm looking to start up ice hockey to occupy some of my free time. Whether it be drop-in or pickup games. I'm a decent skater. A bit unsure on what gear to get to start, and maybe an approximate dollar value? I have gloves and a stick so far. My skates are now a tad too small so those will need an upgrade for sure.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #888
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
go to the sports exchange, you should be able to outfit yourself with mid to high end gear for under $500 i'd say for everything if your willing to spend that, and that is for like X60 Pants/Elbow pads, second from the top tier gloves, a nice helmet, etc.

id recomend buying decent stuff right off the bat becasue even if you only play a few times a year from here on it, that gear will last
Old 05-09-2012, 02:49 AM   #889
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

My set up when I played at Rogers this year. Excuse the ugly ass bibs we had to wear.

CCM V10 Helmet, Itech 655 TL Shoulders, NBH ONE90 Elbows, Tackla 5000 Pro TB Lightning Pro Stock Pants with Raffi Torres Canucks Easton Shell, Shirokov Bauer XXXX Pro Gloves, NBH Vapor XXV Shins, Canucks Edge Socks (pro, not the retail garbage), Bauer Total ONE Skates, Bauer Total ONE Stick

I usually rotate through my collection of helmets, gloves, shells, socks and sticks... I feel like my gf sometimes, having a hard time picking out what to wear.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:48 AM   #890
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

And yet you matched everything but the helmet
mako is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #891

I was going to wear my Canucks NBH 4500 but I realized it was cracked.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #892

So I bought myself an RBK 11K helmet and now I need to decide. I love my Oakley visor but after 2 years of use, the scratches are getting annoying and it is time to change. I went and played with the new ReAKT titanium cages and they are very light and visibility is pretty good. Not visor good, but not too far off.

I haven't worn a cage in almost 20 years. ie it is going to be hard to switch back to a cage. =(
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 05-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #893
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
So I bought myself an RBK 11K helmet and now I need to decide. I love my Oakley visor but after 2 years of use, the scratches are getting annoying and it is time to change. I went and played with the new ReAKT titanium cages and they are very light and visibility is pretty good. Not visor good, but not too far off.

I haven't worn a cage in almost 20 years. ie it is going to be hard to switch back to a cage. =(
Get the 11K cage
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #894

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiiipi View Post
Get the 11K cage
Any particular reason why?
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 05-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #895

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Any particular reason why?
Cause it matches ur helmet
Not that it matters, I'm just weird that way.
However, manufacture do design their own cage with their own helmet in mind.
Ie. Most optimized fit/impact protection.
But for me its more of a "brand matching" thing
And the reebok 11K cage is pretty nice/light too
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #896
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Little bit off topic, but anybody got any suggestions for a more durable long lasting stick for road/street hockey?
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:17 PM   #897

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
Little bit off topic, but anybody got any suggestions for a more durable long lasting stick for road/street hockey?
Anything with an ABS blade. Crappy Tire carries some. Easton Ultra ABS Street Hockey Stick, Junior/Senior | Canadian Tire

You can also get an ABS blade and pair it with a two piece. Easton Synergy ABS Standard Sr. Replacement Blade '12 Model

Just don't get something with a wooden blade otherwise it'll feel like a broom after use.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #898
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Abs's look tempting but don't seem durable. I broke one in 2 ball hockey games.
Kilinim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:14 PM   #899

I used an Easton ABS blade paired up with a broken one piece converted into a shaft for two summers and never had an issue. ABS will wear evenly and won't fan out at the bottom like wooden blades.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #900

Nice and short....I'm neve touching RBK skates again. Went through 2 pairs in a span of 3.5 years.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote