REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #951
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
skate experts out there, is it worth forking out $30 more for one70 supremes over one60s?
Absolutely. One70 has not only a better moldable liner for your foot but also a stiffer quarter package for support. I say it's definitely worth it.
Advertisement
YzerWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2012, 01:24 AM   #952
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
skate experts out there, is it worth forking out $30 more for one70 supremes over one60s?
To get more technical, One60 is built with a external heel counter, so like a traditional skate. One of the unique property of supreme skate is the anatomical heel pocket, this is achieved by building the skate without a heel counter, making the entire heel of the skate fully heat moldable and fit snug to your ankle. This is found on the One70 and up....so in short yes..One60 and One70 are totally different skates. Differance between One70 and One80s are gonna be less, and more based on lighter material, and stiffer outsole...
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2012, 06:54 AM   #953
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Woohoo. Another $200+ down the drain.
Picked up a Bauer Nexus 1000 stick, of course in Backstrom 77 flex. But I won't be able to try the stick out till Mon 25th. =(
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #954
x_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Woohoo. Another $200+ down the drain.
Picked up a Bauer Nexus 1000 stick, of course in Backstrom 77 flex. But I won't be able to try the stick out till Mon 25th. =(
Show us an updated pic of your stick collection again
jdmhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:04 AM   #955

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmhaze View Post
Show us an updated pic of your stick collection again
Lol. I've managed to cut it down a bit now.
I only have my Tone 77 flex and an 87 flex.
I have a Tone LE uncut, Easton RS uncut, and not the Nexus 1000.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 06-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #956
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
I know it is your money and you can do spend it on whatever you want, but do you really find that there's much of a difference between, even, the one95s and the current nexus 1000? I found my totalone was pretty much the same as the one95, I actually liked the on95 better..... Just picking up the nexus the other day, off the rack, I wasn't all that impressed. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice stick, but there's nothing out there that will make me drop 200 bucks on a stick anymore. That is why I am glad Base is out there. I can get a good quality stick that is light and durable, for a reasonable price.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #957

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
I know it is your money and you can do spend it on whatever you want, but do you really find that there's much of a difference between, even, the one95s and the current nexus 1000? I found my totalone was pretty much the same as the one95, I actually liked the on95 better..... Just picking up the nexus the other day, off the rack, I wasn't all that impressed. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice stick, but there's nothing out there that will make me drop 200 bucks on a stick anymore. That is why I am glad Base is out there. I can get a good quality stick that is light and durable, for a reasonable price.
I loved my One95 Backstrom 77 flex but when they wore out, I jumped on the Tone cause I was offered a great deal on it.
Well, now that the Nexus 1000 is out, I was given a great deal to try one.

I didn't find too much difference between the One95 and Tone, I don't think there is going to be too much difference between the Tone and Nexus either. But hey, you never know till you tried the stick.

Hopefully, I should have enough sticks to last me another 2 years.

D'oh just realized I have an uncut Tone 77 as well as the other uncut sticks.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 06-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #958
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

The shaft shape on the Nexus is the same as the Total ONE but the flex profiles are different.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #959
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

NXS 1000 definitely is softer in regards to the flex profile. Effortless loading! Possibly my next stick whenever my EQ50 bites the dust.

Tried on the the 1000 shoulders today at Sport Chek in Richmond and wow, definitely impressed.

They also got more se16 sticks in!
YzerWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #960
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YzerWIN View Post
NXS 1000 definitely is softer in regards to the flex profile. Effortless loading! Possibly my next stick whenever my EQ50 bites the dust.

Tried on the the 1000 shoulders today at Sport Chek in Richmond and wow, definitely impressed.

did you happen to see what flexes and curves were in stock for the se16's? and how much are they going for now?
pinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:04 AM   #961
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

fuck i miss hockey. broke my leg 4 months ago. titanium rod and 4 screws in my tib
True.True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #962

Quote:
Originally Posted by True.True View Post
fuck i miss hockey. broke my leg 4 months ago. titanium rod and 4 screws in my tib
Yeah, we are missing you on our teams too. How's the leg feeling now?
How is your goalie's knee?
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 06-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #963

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YzerWIN View Post

SE16 will be a doorcrasher for Hockey Plus...dont quote me..but should me around the neighbourhood of $129.99-149.99
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #964

So ever since I switched to a cage, I've must've taken about 5 more high sticks since then. Saved me yet again last night during my ashl game. The guy prob would've broken my nose as he hit me pretty hard(in front of ref while battling for the puck and of course no call). I'm sure I would've lost all my front teeth and more stitches to my face if I hadn't switched to a cage. Not a bad idea for anyone who's thinking of switching
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #965
UFO

My same experience too with cage. When I used a half visor, I'd get an errant stick maybe once a season, luckily nothing major. With the full cage, I get something probably 5 times a season but at least I dont have to pay the price. Maybe its because the cage sticks out more and is more prone to contact, or I'm less careful in scrums and corners because I know I'm protected.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #966

What irks me is the no-calls. So just because one wears a cage it allows an opposing player to be reckless with their stick and get away with it? Isn't the idea of stick infractions to be responsible for ones' stick?

On another note, anyone ordering gear from Hockeygiant/hockeymonkey? I need a set of screws since I lost 1 tonight during PICH game. I need this one

Mission Inline Hockey Square Bolt

Unless someone knows a local shop that carries this type?
Old 06-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #967
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
What irks me is the no-calls. So just because one wears a cage it allows an opposing player to be reckless with their stick and get away with it? Isn't the idea of stick infractions to be responsible for ones' stick?

On another note, anyone ordering gear from Hockeygiant/hockeymonkey? I need a set of screws since I lost 1 tonight during PICH game. I need this one

Mission Inline Hockey Square Bolt

Unless someone knows a local shop that carries this type?
LOL pays 5 bux for 8 screws when only 1 is needed. Go try cyclones or hockeyshop first before i order that online for you
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:26 PM   #968

I checked THS and Cyclone website when I got home after our game and they don't show it. I can call tmrw, but I'd rather pay $5 for 8. This design was made to prevent losing screws but since it still happened, I'd like some extra's for next time. That and I don't feel like going around town looking for 1 damn screw.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:42 PM   #969

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
hmm theres going to be a liquidation sale on the 21st

8 DAY SPORTING & LIQUIDATION SALE : Upcoming Auctions
RevYouUp is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2012, 09:24 PM   #970
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
For sure. It's a tough one in many cases since its hard to 100% see stick to head contact unless there is some reaction from the guy that gets clipped. But if you purposely snap your head back or hold your face with a cage so the ref sees contact that's a dick move.

I've just come to accept that there will be more missed calls with a cage. Intact face > powerplay any day of the year
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #971

I wouldn't say I purposely snap my head back, more like a knee jerk reaction...
Old 06-21-2012, 07:56 AM   #972
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
hmm theres going to be a liquidation sale on the 21st

8 DAY SPORTING & LIQUIDATION SALE : Upcoming Auctions
if anyone goes, post up what notable sticks/gear they have. Judging from the auction photos it doesn't look like much
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #973

Not much to report from this sale. Everything was 50% off the sticker price but the gear was pretty low end.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:38 PM   #974

That's what I heard from a couple friends as well. Saved me a trip down there..lol
Old 06-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #975

Most guys were buying just tape. They had these sticks called "Infinity". $25 for a SE16 lookalike and $75 for this black/gold one. Both felt like Canadian Tire sticks.

There are much better deals to be had on Hockey Monkey.