REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Hockey Gear Whoring Thread and Reviews (https://www.revscene.net/forums/564246-hockey-gear-whoring-thread-reviews.html)

mako 04-02-2009 10:30 PM

^

i dont notice the rinks being 'warmer' in the summer though even if its hot inside

it wouldnt be that much of a difference would it?

i play year round pretty much

SumAznGuy 04-03-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDawG[CRX] (Post 6362111)
willinder:
it changes during seasons because during the summer, the ice is softer, so you don't need such a deep hollow, during the winter/colder seasons, the ice is harder, therfore you need a deeper hollow, but its the best rinks, that you don't need to change the hollow to skate, there are very few rinks in the lower mainland that you don't need to change the hollow... a lot of people don't notice it, but if you are using your edges a lot, then you notice it

I remember Trout Lake use to be super cold in the winter and the ice was very hard. Now I spend most of my time playing between 8 rinks, the big rink in BWC, and Kensington and the ice is pretty consistent through out the year.

But I can wear shorts and a t-shirt in the rinks in the summer and not complain but I can't say the same about it in the winter. :p

Xnova 04-03-2009 05:16 PM

do u guys know where i can get the new canucks helmet decal?

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...7j0SK/610x.jpg
http://www.theprovincesports.com/pho...vswilds010.jpg
http://cdn.nhl.com/canucks/images/up...ks2_021408.jpg

KDawG[CRX] 04-03-2009 05:29 PM

i think i saw those decals at GM place

and yes you don't notice it when you are at the rink, but then agian, who can notice the difference between a 1/2" hollow and a 7/16" hollow
if you can notice that small difference when skating i'm sure you can notice the warmth of the ice

SumAznGuy 04-03-2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDawG[CRX] (Post 6363884)
i think i saw those decals at GM place

and yes you don't notice it when you are at the rink, but then agian, who can notice the difference between a 1/2" hollow and a 7/16" hollow
if you can notice that small difference when skating i'm sure you can notice the warmth of the ice

MEMEMEME!!!!!!

I can tell the difference between 1/2 and 7/16's. 7/16's feel like really dull skates to me, skates I should have had them sharpened before I stepped on the ice. 1/2 feels like they are dull enough to get them resharpened after one more game. 5/8's feel just right.

Oh yeah, I know THS has those decals in their sticker packs with numbers.

beetea 04-03-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 6363896)
MEMEMEME!!!!!!

I can tell the difference between 1/2 and 7/16's. 7/16's feel like really dull skates to me, skates I should have had them sharpened before I stepped on the ice. 1/2 feels like they are dull enough to get them resharpened after one more game. 5/8's feel just right.

Oh yeah, I know THS has those decals in their sticker packs with numbers.

i think you have it upside down.
7/8 - less bite more glide
3/4
11/16
5/8
1/2
7/16
3/8 - more bite less glide

but nonetheless, go with what you like.

mickz 04-03-2009 09:18 PM

Anybody know where I can pick up BLACK Tampa Bay Lightning helmet decals? I want to match my helmet to my pants! I went to The Hockey Shop in Surrey and they only carry Tampa for the White helmet. I don't want to buy a white helmet just to put white Tampa decals on it.

True.True 04-21-2009 03:48 PM

anyone know who can pull the blade outta my one piece dolomite???

had a freak accident where the blade got stuck in the bench door cracks and snapped my blade :(

RayBot 04-21-2009 03:56 PM

I was the ice when that happened...that was hilairious.

Thats what happens when you don't pass the puck earlier.

True.True 04-21-2009 05:03 PM

fuckin douche haha

KDawG[CRX] 04-21-2009 08:35 PM

you cut where the fuse point is, and don't cut all the way through, just enough to where the hosel on the blade shows up, then heat the fuse point up REALLY hot with the heat gun not with open heat... and it should be easy enough to pull out... if not, you didn't cut deep enough or you didn't heat up enough
simple as that

mickz 04-21-2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True.True (Post 6391073)
anyone know who can pull the blade outta my one piece dolomite???

had a freak accident where the blade got stuck in the bench door cracks and snapped my blade :(

I have friends who have done it but it's the luck of the draw. Both were '07 Dolos, the first friend simply heated the blade up at the fuse point and pulled it out. The second friend tried to do the same but the blade wouldn't budge so he had to cut the stick and slowly chisel out the stuff on the inside.

beetea 04-21-2009 10:25 PM

the older dolomites are just glued in, the new dolomites use resin, meaning that, that stuff wont melt and you wont be able to heat and pull.

Wilso09 04-23-2009 03:43 PM

Anyone here have any experience with either the Vapor XXXX or One90 girdles?
I've been thinking about getting RBK 9k pants (girdle and shell design) but the price for those locally are ridiculous. Found a pretty good deal on either the XXXX or One90 girdle so just wondering if anyone had any experience with them.

RayBot 04-23-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilso09 (Post 6394585)
Anyone here have any experience with either the Vapor XXXX or One90 girdles?
I've been thinking about getting RBK 9k pants (girdle and shell design) but the price for those locally are ridiculous. Found a pretty good deal on either the XXXX or One90 girdle so just wondering if anyone had any experience with them.

Hey dude....a roller girdle is a roller girdle, so i don't find it very necessary to find the branding that seems to be popular with ice hockey.

However, when i bought my girdle at the hockey shop....i found this really comfortable lightweight Nike Bauer girdle i picked up for 49.99. Check it out...Hockey Shop in Surrey.

Its a Bauer Vapor to be exact...don't know the exact model.

flawless 04-23-2009 04:19 PM

^I agree with that. Just get something light and with adequate protection. Something like an Rbk 4k or 6k will probably work just as well protecting you at half the price.

Wilso09 04-23-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayBot (Post 6394599)
Hey dude....a roller girdle is a roller girdle, so i don't find it very necessary to find the branding that seems to be popular with ice hockey.

However, when i bought my girdle at the hockey shop....i found this really comfortable lightweight Nike Bauer girdle i picked up for 49.99. Check it out...Hockey Shop in Surrey.

Its a Bauer Vapor to be exact...don't know the exact model.

Sorry, forgot to say that it won't be for roller hockey, it'll be for ice.

The 9k pants, Vapor XXXX, and one90 girdles are intended for ice hockey.

For roller i use a ref's girdle and it's more then enough protection.

RayBot 04-23-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilso09 (Post 6394662)
Sorry, forgot to say that it won't be for roller hockey, it'll be for ice.

The 9k pants, Vapor XXXX, and one90 girdles are intended for ice hockey.

For roller i use a ref's girdle and it's more then enough protection.

If thats the case, the Vapor girdle i have that i was talking about will do the trick for ice as well. Its got a better back padding that i have seen that are better than most of the girdles i checked out when i was girdle shopping (imo).

beetea 04-23-2009 06:27 PM

the vapor 40 core pad is pretty sick. its really heavy duty in terms of protection. mobility is amazing as well.

7Ma? 04-23-2009 10:37 PM

does anyone know any stores locally that carry the one95 shaft?...i am looking for an intermediate one.......
thanks in advance!

mickz 04-24-2009 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7Ma? (Post 6395257)
does anyone know any stores locally that carry the one95 shaft?...i am looking for an intermediate one.......
thanks in advance!

Hockey Shop, $109.99 I think

7Ma? 04-24-2009 08:14 AM

^thanks....
I went to ice level and cyclone taylors and they didnt have it..i guess i will have to make a trip out THS....

Hondaracer 04-24-2009 05:19 PM

anyone gonna buy the vapor 60's? :P

Kesler and Getzlaf both rocking em

v1nce 04-24-2009 05:46 PM

i tried on the x60's at ice level sports and its comfortable. i'll get them and convert them into roller once my current pair bites the dust.

Hondaracer 04-24-2009 06:36 PM

lol your gonna buy $600 skates to use for roller?...