REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-31-2015, 06:00 PM   #2701
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

where'd you pick them up? Im in the market for new gloves too
Advertisement
dyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 06:04 PM   #2702
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyan View Post
where'd you pick them up? Im in the market for new gloves too
The Tanevs were from the Canucks. I used them once on the hockey pad for 10min thats it.
The Hulk greens from hockeyshop and the tags are still on there

im open to move either pair... PM me if u wish
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:09 PM   #2703

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Took me a few years to source some of these old school beauties... First one lasted 30min thanks to a douche chopping me between the hands

cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:14 PM   #2704
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 View Post
Took me a few years to source some of these old school beauties... First one lasted 30min thanks to a douche chopping me between the hands

One95 were nice sticks. lots of prostocks still floating around I think
Old 04-01-2015, 04:47 AM   #2705

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Yeah there are but alot are 102 flex +
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2015, 03:47 PM   #2706
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 View Post

RIP

If you can find them, One100 sticks were supposedly repainted One95s. Otherwise, the NXG comes real close if not matches it.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2015, 04:31 PM   #2707
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

with some of the NXG pricing recently, shouldn't be too hard to find
Old 04-01-2015, 05:40 PM   #2708
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
I just broke my last One95 and Totalone last week. I just bought the Colt Hockey Stick so I'm gonna try that out tonight
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:23 PM   #2709
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

got a really nasty cut on my x100s
is this going to get worse?
any prevention tips?

trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:46 AM   #2710
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

^i feel ya.. Similar situation.... I'm moving soon and hopefully this isn't a problem. Help plz
Old 04-07-2015, 08:08 AM   #2711

You can't really prevent it as we play the game with knives on our feet.

As for repairing- aside from ugly but useful fixes like protec toe, you might want to pick some of the brains at your LHS to see what they would suggest.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-07-2015, 08:27 AM   #2712
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
The second pic looks like a nasty skate blade cut.
The first pic looks more like it is worn out from rubbing against something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:40 AM   #2713
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
My son has played in his skates for 3 seasons. I should take a pic of the damage that they have incurred over that time. It's amazing what kind of damage a sharp skate blade can do. That's why I recommend Kevlar socks to you guys. Call me a pussy, but I wear a Bauer Kevlar neck shirt too (during games). I've had blades cut my mask and come dangerously close to skin in the past. I'd hate to see anyone get hurt by an errant blade out there.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:51 AM   #2714

I've given first aid to an opposing player that was stepped on during a scrum.
He was lucky and was cut on the back of his arm where there is no tendons or arteries.
But at first, there was so much blood, I was afraid he was going to bleed out.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
This post thanked by:
Old 04-07-2015, 11:13 AM   #2715

Preaching to the choir here. I wear a kevlar bib and socks when playing out, and my neck protector when playing in net reaches almost to my ears. There is almost no exposed skin in my neck and behind my goal pads. There's too much risk involved especially when playing for fun. It makes me wonder how guys can go out there with no facial protection, exposed skin everywhere, etc.

I've actually nicked my own inner thigh when a guy bumped me and fell on top. I was so scared but found it was only a flesh wound. It basically cut through my hockey pants + hockey socks + compression tights. I've never been so freaked out playing hockey.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:39 PM   #2716
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Ugh nasty stories for sure. Was suggested I use some epoxy to patch it up. As long as it doesn't affect the boot or how it holds the holder. I'm good.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:30 PM   #2717
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

A cut like that would not affect the holder. I saw your post on HC as well and I feel the guys there are exaggerating things.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:30 PM   #2718

Your cut is in the sole that is glued to the base of the boot.
Unless you have a defect in the boot or in the glue that holds the boot to that sole, you are fine,
I wouldn't even bother trying to epoxy that cut.

My 20K's broke at the exact same spot but it was a defect in the boot.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 04-07-2015, 05:04 PM   #2719
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Took it to the max performance hockey place. Hr just used some industrial grade glue and put the cf back in place. It didn't get to the holder. But its close.

Owners a good guy. Glued it for free
Old 04-12-2015, 09:55 PM   #2720
UFO

I've been waiting for a few weeks to do a review on some new to me goal pads. After winning our div, I can do this now without jinxing myself and the team.

I picked up some Warrior Ritual (G1) Sr level pads about a month back, just as our team's playoffs were starting. If it wasn't the sick deal that I got, I wouldn't even consider changing my gear at a critical time. My game was rounding into form as well so I was extra hesitant to try out the new to me pads. I'm coming from some old Reebok PS2's (pads Lu had when he was pasted onto the side of GM Place) which were built like tanks and performed quite well for me, but I didn't like they wouldn't square up well in the butterfly like newer pads do and they also didn't slide that great. Oh, and because they were built like tanks they were heavy too.

So in between a 10 day stretch of no games, we held a practice and I took the new pads to the ice. I wear a 33+1 in the PS2's, would like a 33+2 ideally. The Rituals were a 32+1.5 so I was worried they would be a bit short but read that would be my size based on my ATK/FTK. No problems with the length, the thighs actually come up and feel higher than I was used to. The knee cradle felt just a hair short but perfectly manageable, so if I was ever to buck up for new Rituals I think I would opt for 33+1.5. The Rituals were crazy light compared to my PS2's. Lots of mobility and slid very easily, lost my net and angles all night during practice. The higher thighs impeded mobility at the beginning but I adjusted. They square up perfectly in the butterfly and also feel very stable in that position. 5 hole sealed a lot better than my PS2's though I wasn't overly concerned with this in my game even with the old pads. Following the practice I did get some knee, hip, and lower back pain. Not sure if that was from the new pads or the +++ shots and movements from practice vs. game. Anyways, it was enough to make me question what to use for the upcoming game.

Well the next few games rolled in and I decided to stick with the Rituals, worrying that I would feel too clutzy with the PS2's. Everything worked out wonderfully, I would certainly say they have changed the way I approach my game and play vs. my old pads. I've had about 7 ice times on them and I don't really have any complaints about them, but I'm a relative simpleton with my gear though and not overly picky. I do notice that they are not built as well as the PS2's in how shots feel coming right off the pad, but a Pro Ritual/G2 would probably be improved. Being that they were bought used, the knee and calf wrap elastics have stretched a bit and the velcro isn't as tacky. They looked pretty beat up cosmetically for a 2 year old pad when I bought them, but I was able to clean them up quite well and they were much nicer afterwards. And also keeping in mind this wasn't a pro-build so I wasn't expecting them to last nearly as well as a pro pad.

I ended up selling my PS2's for $25 more than I paid for them 3 years ago (I got a sick deal on them much like how I did on the Rituals). They were built really solid, other than some puck marks that came off with a Mr. Eraser and a bit of abrasion at the inside boot of the pad, they were in remarkable shape for the 5 years of use that me and the previous owner put them through. Or maybe we just didn't stop enough pucks with them. Either way, if they still build pro pads nowadays like they built those PS2's, I would consider getting some Pro G2 Rituals in a 33+1.5--if the right deal came along of course
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:18 AM   #2721
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
cool to hear UFO.
ballpeenhammer loves his Warrior pads, and I won't wear any other goal pants than the Ritual. Keep an eye on the wear. I don't know about the pads, but my pants need to be repaired every 5-6 months. If you ever need repairs, Cecil at the Hockey Shop is great at putting things back together.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2015, 04:53 PM   #2722
UFO

The pads were used heavily for 2 years and aside from the cosmetics which I cleaned up , they seem fine. Unless the repair guys were that good to hide the repairs...

My pants will need repair/replacing soon too. couple of wear spots are breaking down but they are ok for now
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:20 PM   #2723
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

replaced my 17year old shin guards today with Warrior AX1s... clearance at sportchek for 70bux

all i gotta say..the new stuff is so light and breathable. also fits so much better
Old 04-14-2015, 10:56 AM   #2724
retired

Love my G2 pads. Don't want to buy anything else. Just ordered the G2 chest pads, and THS just called, they have arrived, trying to sneak out of work to pick them up haha

I'm also currently using Ryan Miller Warrior Ritual pants. They are very, very beefy.
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2015, 01:23 AM   #2725
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Always wanted to try to play goal..lol