REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-13-2015, 04:34 PM   #2776
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
someone supposedly shot and killed on joffree and marine today. Drove by about an hour ago and tons of police presence and ambulance and they had something covered in a white blanket ( assuming a body ) ill pull my dash cam in a bit, but cant really see anything other than a bunch of police cruisers with their lights on
Advertisement

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:56 PM   #2777
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

so many shootings lately again....

i guess i'm too old but has anyone witnessed any high school fights in the public lately?

I remembered there will always be some at Metro skytrain or mcdonalds

in Richmond it used to go down on the top parking lot of the public market
Jtseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:21 AM   #2779
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,171 Times in 2,404 Posts
I live right by there, heard a bunch of sirens last night and cop cars speeding around. Then saw them roaming the side of the road searching for something with flashlights (assuming bullets or casings).

Didn't hear any shots, though.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:13 PM   #2780
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?NR View Post
about time someone lost their cool with richmond drivers lol
at least no one got hurt.
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 02:30 PM   #2781
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Gunfire and house party slashing keep Surrey RCMP busy

SURREY (NEWS 1130) – No one is hurt after some gunfire in Surrey happened around 8:30 last night.

Staff Sergeant Blair McColl says callers to 911 reported two cars speeding, while shots were being fired. “We are aware that this all started as a dispute or an altercation in a parking lot of a local business in the Newton area,” he says. “There were two locations that we found evidence that there had in fact been a number of shots fired and that was in the intersection at 72nd and 130th Street and also in the 12800 block of 72th avenue.”

McColl says they’ve tracked down one of the cars, but are still looking for the Honda Civic believed to have been involved.

And officers have yet to make any arrests after a house party near 138 Street and 89th Avenue turned violent.

McColl says it happened around 11pm Saturday, just north of Bear Creek Park. “A number of males tried to crash the party. There was a fight that ensued because of that,” he says. “One of the party crashers apparently pulled out a knife and there was a male who did receive some cuts that are being treated in hospital.”

He adds two people were treated in hospital.
Gunfire and house party slashing keep Surrey RCMP busy - NEWS 1130
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:17 PM   #2782

Oh there was a shooting in Richmond Friday night 11pm by Dover Park

Quote:
Richmond RCMP now say Friday night shooting was gang related

By Staff The Canadian Press

RICHMOND, B.C. – Police say a shooting in Richmond, B.C. Friday night appears to be targeted and gang related.

Constable Adriana Peralta of Richmond RCMP says officers responded to a call about a man shot near Dover Park and found a man with multiple gun shot wounds.

The man was transported to hospital, where he remains in stable condition and is expected to survive.

READ MORE: Richmond RCMP revealing few details over Friday night police incident

“This shooting occurred in a highly populated residential area of Richmond,” said Constable Adriana Peralta in a statement.

“The individuals involved did so with zero regard for the residents in the surrounding area. We want to stress to the public that we take their safety seriously and have engaged every available resource to investigate this crime”.

Peralta says the man is well-known to police, has gang ties and is not co-operating with the ongoing investigation.

Police have identified suspects in the shooting but do not have anyone in custody.

Dover Park was the scene of another gang-related shooting in 2007.

Richmond RCMP is asking anyone who may have seen anything suspicious in the area on Friday to contact the Richmond RCMP Major Crime Section at 604-278-1212.
Richmond RCMP now say Friday night shooting was gang related | Globalnews.ca
Old 09-11-2015, 12:02 AM   #2783
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,817 Times in 3,901 Posts
not local
someone's been terrorizing I-10 in Phoenix...11 shots in the last 2 weeks no one's injured but 2 close calls

Quote:
Police say drivers have been lucky so far: The only injury was a 13-year-old girl who was cut by flying glass when the window of her car was shattered by a bullet.

Robert McDonald was driving an empty tour bus when a bullet came through and sliced into the seat just behind him. He said it would have grazed his shoulder if it had been a little more powerful.

"And if I would have moved my head," he said, "I would have got hit."
Phoenix Sniper Strikes Again: Arizona Cops Confirm 11th Freeway Shooting - NBC News
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:41 AM   #2784
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Four to six shots fired downstairs in the Rev's bowling parking lot, saw it all, four to five people running away, don't know whether they were witnesses or the suspects. Looks like one killed, came out in a stretcher, ambulance wasn't in a hurry to get out of there.

Last edited by Yodamaster; 09-27-2015 at 12:55 AM.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:50 AM   #2785
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
Four to six shots fired downstairs in the Rev's bowling parking lot, saw it all, four to five people running away, don't know whether they were witnesses or the suspects. Looks like one killed, came out in a stretcher, ambulance wasn't in a hurry to get out of there.
apparently no one died. so that's good i guess.

Man shot at Burnaby bowling alley - NEWS 1130
Old 09-27-2015, 08:27 AM   #2786
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Man shot at Burnaby bowling alley - NEWS 1130
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 08:48 AM   #2787

there have been waaay too many shootings lately, even i havent bothered updating this thread -_-

it's ridiculous
Old 09-27-2015, 04:28 PM   #2788
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
there have been waaay too many shootings lately, even i havent bothered updating this thread -_-

it's ridiculous
You're my source, I figured it died down. We'll go with that, no updates no shootings.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2015, 06:23 PM   #2789
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
MORE!

Man killed in brazen shooting in Vancouver mall parking lot
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:47 PM   #2790
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
You're my source, I figured it died down. We'll go with that, no updates no shootings.
That's what I thought too LOL
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2015, 08:06 PM   #2791

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestTea View Post
That's what I thought too LOL
i hope not there have been around 10 shootings since i last updated...at least
Old 09-27-2015, 08:28 PM   #2792
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
whenever you guys post shootings in here those Lazy fucks at VanCity Buzz post it 10 minutes later.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:33 PM   #2793
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Neighbourhood in shock after murder on quiet North Vancouver street | Vancouver Sun

Some guy got whacked in a Bentley GT
bumsuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:13 AM   #2794
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
First shooting of 2016 in.....

Surrey drive-by shooting spurs dangerous car chase | CTV Vancouver News

Surrey!

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:21 PM   #2795

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Now the guy in that truck truly does not give a fuck. I'm surprised he didn't retrieve the gun from the scene and pistol whip them with it until cops arrived, I like this guy.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:02 PM   #2796

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
^ probably caught more gangsters singlehandedly in one night than all of surrey RCMP in 2015.

too RCMP gonna fuck him over for making them look bad, when they should be offering him a job
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-07-2016, 10:47 AM   #2797

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
im really starting to hate living in this city.

this just happened on saturday night,
Quote:
Surrey RCMP are investigating what they believe to be a targeted shooting involving two vehicles Saturday evening.

At 6:26 p.m., police responded to multiple 911 calls of shots being heard in the area of 142nd Street and 64th Avenue.

Witnesses at the scene said that two vehicles drove off, and it appeared that the occupants of one vehicle were shooting at the other.

Police found an abandoned white Ford pickup truck with bullet holes, which matched the description of one of the vehicles. The other vehicle was described as a smaller car.
RCMP investigate targeted shooting in Surrey - British Columbia - CBC News

and then last night another shooting happened just down the street from where i live. no articles have been posted about it yet but ctv is supposed to report about it at noon. even that first shooting isnt far from my house, i often drive by through that area.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 11:01 AM   #2798

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
New smartphone-shaped handgun is the ultimate 'concealed carry' weapon - Trending - CBC News

Cop shooting a phone-wielding minority and subsequent riots coming to an American community soon.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 11:05 AM   #2799
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
The .380 cal is not a small bullet. It's not a .45, but it packs a bigger punch than a standard 9mm. Being a two shot, it's not a bad idea for personal safety. That said, I'd rather just move out of Surrey rather than worry about having to carry a gun with me at all times.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2016, 01:40 PM   #2800

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
The .380 cal is not a small bullet. It's not a .45, but it packs a bigger punch than a standard 9mm. Being a two shot, it's not a bad idea for personal safety. That said, I'd rather just move out of Surrey rather than worry about having to carry a gun with me at all times.
Your information is incorrect. The .380ACP is a small cartridge. It does not pack a bigger punch than a 9mm. It has less recoil, the cartridge is shorter, and it has poorer ballistics than 9mm. (.380 and 9mm bullets have the same diameter, but the .380's are lighter at 90/95gr vs 115/124/147gr of 9mm. The .380's have less velocity and kinetic energy)

Many firearms instructors in the US don't consider .380ACP a capable defense round.

Last edited by jlo mein; 03-30-2016 at 01:50 PM.
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: