REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-13-2021, 09:57 PM   #3051
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,015 Times in 1,911 Posts

Advertisement
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:59 PM   #3052

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
I’d avoid Cactus, Earls, Joey’s and those type of restaurants for the time being.
And don't drive a BMW.
Old 05-13-2021, 10:33 PM   #3053
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Oh damn another one eh, police need to get off their butt's, less ppl on VIs and more on actual crime
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:39 PM   #3054
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,459 Times in 5,117 Posts
There's already specialized units for gang crimes and drug investigations... and yes they carry out numerous duty to warns when they receive inside info of possible hits, they will actually go to the intended target and inform them that they're the target of a hit and not to go out. Does that stop them though?

What else can they do? Become psychic?
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2021, 10:39 PM   #3055
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Looks like there may be a 3rd victim a female who survived. Social media claiming her father is a cop.
Old 05-13-2021, 10:43 PM   #3056
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
I don’t think she survived. Saw someone post RIP on her ig
Old 05-13-2021, 10:50 PM   #3057

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
There's already specialized units for gang crimes and drug investigations... and yes they carry out numerous duty to warns when they receive inside info of possible hits, they will actually go to the intended target and inform them that they're the target of a hit and not to go out. Does that stop them though?

Investigate the murders, make arrests, give chase to criminals especially when they shot up the airport, send the chopper in to tail em, as the ert gets ready, make fkn arrests

Dot their i's n cross their t's cuz even when they manage to put a case together, their work is so fucken sloppy that any suspect with a lawyer worth their salt doesn't get off bcuz of it (like many do)
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2021, 10:58 PM   #3058
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Investigate the murders, make arrests, give chase to criminals especially when they shot up the airport, send the chopper in to tail em, as the ert gets ready, make fkn arrests

Dot their i's n cross their t's cuz even when they manage to put a case together, their work is so fucken sloppy that any suspect with a lawyer worth their salt doesn't get off bcuz of it (like many do)
What makes you think none of those things do happen?

I will admit, I'm not sure why the helicopter wasn't employed in the airport shooting, I have yet to get an answer for that one... but there's very clear reasons why they did not chase that vehicle running from the airport.

Investigations take time, getting info takes time... they may well know exactly who was responsible... but knowing and proving in court are two VERY different things. VERY different.

The work isn't sloppy, some people are fucktards here and there like in any profession, like the Surrey 6 murders there were some idiots involved in that investigation (guy who slept with the witness) but sloppy? I don't think so. IHIT has extremely high standards.
Old 05-13-2021, 11:11 PM   #3059
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:

I will admit, I'm not sure why the helicopter wasn't employed in the airport shooting, I have yet to get an answer for that one... but there's very clear reasons why they did not chase that vehicle running from the airport.

Investigations take time, getting info takes time... they may well know exactly who was responsible... but knowing and proving in court are two VERY different things. VERY different.

The work isn't sloppy, some people are fucktards here and there like in any profession, like the Surrey 6 murders there were some idiots involved in that investigation (guy who slept with the witness) but sloppy? I don't think so. IHIT has extremely high standards.
The public just want to see some type of progress being made here. How many shootings have there been yet has there been any arrests? They dont want to see whiterock police posting there Vehicle Inspection picture, or hear modified cars getting VId or see/hear other useless shit police do in the midst of this gang warfare we have going on right now. I know u said its a different department and they cant just jump into a different department but at the very least they can try to make it seem like they are all on the same page here. Show the public at the very least that their #1 priority is about public safety right now. Not be like "Well this is IHITs problem, they can handle it, ill just continue drinking my morning coffee" Fair or Unfair but thats how the public sees it imo.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2021, 11:16 PM   #3060
Performance Moderator

That's always been a disconnect, the RCMP is a paramilitary organization, and although every organization is political, they don't tend to engage in politics if you know what I mean.

For example IHIT employs a spokesperson, Frank Jang, he's their media liaison... but his role is to relate the facts of the invesitgation, as much as they're allowed, to the public... and ask for assistance from witnesses. His mandate isn't to grandstand and tell everyone it's going to be okay and they're going to get these guys... they've long ago chosen to remain factual rather than political with their news conferences.

Perhaps the RCMP needs to rethink its approach with the media and employ someone who says more gratuitous things and makes promises so people feel more warm and fuzzy inside I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
Show the public at the very least that their #1 priority is about public safety right now. Not be like "Well this is IHITs problem, they can handle it, ill just continue drinking my morning coffee" Fair or Unfair but thats how the public sees it imo.
Most of the things you listed are a public safety issue though, you're just deciding for yourself what is a priority or not... someone else may not give a shit at all that gangsters are shooting each other up and prefers the police pull over speeders all day because they think cars speeding are dangerous. Another person thinks the should sit outside bars every night and breathalyze everybody that leaves. It's not so much excusing oneself from doing something about it, it's more so that you trust your comrades that the appropriate investigations are taking place and that you just keep your eyes peeled an extra bit while you're out doing your designated tasks.

No matter what they do, someone is pissed at them or thinks they should be doing something else that's more a priority in their own mind.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2021, 03:57 AM   #3061

Quote:

We have evidence over the years that those things don't happen, and don't lead anywhere.From quotes that amount to "/shrug" and a lack of results
Quote:
The work is very sloppy I know that for a fact from working for Crown, then def attorneys years ago, go sit in some trials, even the successful ones have a nice slathering of sloppiness

What's the result of that sloppiness? Ppl blame our justice system for being easy on crime, its not, its just the shitty job the investigators do which allow cases to fall apart, or not amount to harsher convictions
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2021, 04:40 AM   #3062
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
actually there's a big list of things before becoming psychic.

becoming more totalitarian is on that list.

whoever commented they should do more... lol, they are already doing more under current circumstances and rights and freedoms.

"more" you mean having check points at every corner, police and military standing around checking your ID. Curfews and other things? cops being able to bust through your door without a warrant? people disappearing for no reason and getting interrogated for information? that's what "more" would look like.

trust me you don't want more. all the kills are targeted. I'm "fine" with that. They rarely kill innocents. I'd rather have this than random mass killing sprees. by a long shot too.

the cops giving you VI's are not the same cops doing investigation and doing undercover shit lol.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2021, 04:44 AM   #3063
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
harsher convictions
harsher convictions don't amount to anything except satisfying the ego of those who like to see people get punished.

the crime rate wouldn't fall. No one cares about the punishment except the perverts who get to dish it. you could reinstate capital punishment and the same results would still happen.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 05:39 AM   #3064

The truth is that none of the above, although well meaning, works. See the Bacon brothers. Guy pleaded guilty to conspiracy to Surrey 6 murder and he got 5 years . With parole, what is that 2.5 years? He was a pretty high up.

If they do catch the pawn that pulled the trigger at the airport or at Market Crossing, probably a young member who wants to rise up the ranks of the gang ... he (presumably) is SO expendable. Gang would shrug it off if guy was caught and 10 others would be willing to do the next hit.

Only solution is to have a dance off like the movies or my previous suggestion, which was a bit sarcastic humour but now not a bad solution, put them all in a room and let these low life vermins kill themselves without endangering the public. Who the hell needs these gangs on the earth anyways?

A while back ago, the Philippine President got into sh*t because he said something like, gang members, if we catch you, we will execute you. Kind of starting to like him.

Last edited by whitev70r; 05-14-2021 at 05:44 AM.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:20 AM   #3065
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Looks like there may be a 3rd victim a female who survived. Social media claiming her father is a cop.
She was a cactus server. Who was with the gangster.
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:50 AM   #3066
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,823 Times in 2,507 Posts
no indoor dining, only outdoor patio, you really can just do a drive by eh?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2021, 06:57 AM   #3067
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
There probably wasn't enough time to deploy the chopper.

I mean, shots fired and the perps drive away. It was just sheer luck an officer was in their vehicle near by and was able to chase till shots were fired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2021, 07:20 AM   #3068
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,364 Times in 5,658 Posts
Sheer luck there are police officers at an international airport?

I would hope the police are monitoring social media etc. But I’m seeing these images being thrown around in some group chats basically EI guys who don’t even live in Vancouver/Canada seemingly calling the next hit, saying this guy or that guy is next lol...so I would hope the police are at the very least in the loop on stuff like that..
Old 05-14-2021, 07:38 AM   #3069
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
As cruel as this may sound. If they are known to be associated with gangs, medical help should not be offered to these individuals. These idiots have no regards for the safety of others, so why should the regular folks like us have to give a shit about them?
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-14-2021, 08:56 AM   #3070
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
As cruel as this may sound. If they are known to be associated with gangs, medical help should not be offered to these individuals. These idiots have no regards for the safety of others, so why should the regular folks like us have to give a shit about them?
Okay you draw the line up of where someone is worth saving or not saving in each situation man... have fun with the ethics and morality of that argument. Hope nobody ever has to be in a society where your clout score decides if you’re cool / good / valuable enough to do anything about.

Paramedics roll up on a shooting and be like “Hold up hold up we need to determine your affiliations and why you were shot before we can proceed with treatment” ???
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2021, 09:03 AM   #3071
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,239 Times in 1,225 Posts
Yet when you say "Anti-vaxxers should be denied healthcare if they catch Covid" the 'Thanks' are through the roof lol
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2021, 09:08 AM   #3072
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Wow. That's a mighty lot like China's social status scores.

No thanks to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Yet when you say "Anti-vaxxers should be denied healthcare if they catch Covid" the 'Thanks' are through the roof lol
This is a terrible comparison.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2021, 09:13 AM   #3073
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,239 Times in 1,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post

This is a terrible comparison.
How so, even though neither would ever happen it's about denying healthcare to people based off bad decisions they make.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 09:21 AM   #3074
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,309 Times in 2,515 Posts
In (the old) Hong Kong, (old) Macau, and even Singapore, if anything as serious as what we are seeing right now with the shootings were to happen, you can bet that the police will be out arresting the gang bosses' a$$s with charges that may or may not be related to the shootings. IMO, in terms of public safety and sending a message to the gang leaders, the lack of action, in fact or perception, is weakening public trust in the police + gov institutions. Worse yet is how it gives the public, including the gang leaders themselves, that the gang leaders are above the law. Even for the police force themselves, when serious, violent crimes are happening as frequently as they are now, it has to be a major downer for police morale. In any organization, poor morale is never a good thing.

If someone is telling me that the police has absolutely no dirt on gang leaders for lesser, but still detainment worthy crimes, I'd be quite disappointed.

Last edited by Traum; 05-14-2021 at 09:27 AM.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2021, 09:22 AM   #3075
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
How so, even though neither would ever happen it's about denying healthcare to people based off bad decisions they make.
Context is important here.

A gang member getting shot isn't the same as someone who's actively getting others and themselves infected. An anti-vaxxer who has COVID is competing for the same resource as those that have it through no fault of their own.

I don't know any gangsters that actively invite getting themselves to get shot.

I'm not saying that I approve of either and I have no sympathy either way.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote