REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-10-2021, 11:02 AM   #3026
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,364 Times in 5,658 Posts
The answer is pretty clearly Trudeaus gun buy back program and the reduced mandatory minimum/soft of violent crime approach

All these guns were just bought at Canadian tire, so there’s nothing to worry about
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2021, 11:04 AM   #3027
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollface View Post
Yes, but that's a vape. If you read my post completely, there are things where if you make it hard to get, sometimes it's not worth it and ppl stop. You're dealing with someone that's willing to KILL, not get a vape hit.

The 2013 Boston Marathon guy just found an alternative (Pyrotechnic Filler and a pressure cooker... that sounds harder to get than ferts?) He may not have used ferts, but do you really think he could not have gotten any if he really wanted to? Surely ferts are easier to get than ingredients for Fenty and we sure have a shit load of that floating around for some reason.

I don't have a solution. But comparing a kid trying to get a vape to someone willing to kill at an airport, their levels of motivation and lengths they are willing to go to are very different.

I'm not trying to say let's not anything, but I'm curious what everyone's view is on this. You listed two instances where something was banned and it "worked".

So I ask this simple question. If bans worked absolutely like you stated, how come we have illegal drugs in this city with record OD deaths? Where are ppl getting all this banned stuff?

Anyways, my last post on this. Hope we can find an answer someday.
Boston marathon had 3 deaths Oklahoma had 168 deaths.

You can buy all the stuff on line to make your own vape juice but no one has time for that.

In the states you have people rob gas stations with guns because they are cheap and easy to get. you don't see gas stations getting robbed with guns in Canada because a stolen gun is worth way more than what you would get by robbing a gas station.

We have record OD's because the boarder is closed making drugs expensive/hard to get. People are now having to cut drugs with more dangerous stuff.
Old 05-10-2021, 11:13 AM   #3028
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,738 Times in 956 Posts
I think blaming everything on the result, undermines the leading indicators that resulted in the final product.

Extreme poverty, lack of safely social nets, I would argue has a huge impact on the final outcome (killing, violence, crime etc). Go to the doctor and now you owe 7k because there is no Uni-healthcare? I can see why someone robbed a store.

It's hard to pinpoint exactly where we "went wrong" and it sure as shit takes a lot of resources to try to correct huge social/econ problems like that. No quick, tangible results, bad for politics.

That's why I'm always hesitant to compare X country to Y country. You can almost always find a single stat that fits either side's narratives when in reality the two groups are vastly different in almost every aspect.

I'm not pro or anti-gun, but I think it's easy to point a finger at X and say it caused the whole thing and does a real disservice to the core problem when you put all your focus on one thing and try to make the pieces fit. I'd like to think the person that robbed a gas station wasn't born just violent. A little off-topic, but I think it has something to do with general violence and crime.

Last edited by trollface; 05-10-2021 at 11:27 AM.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 11:26 AM   #3029

They’ve had lots of people interviewed on the various shows on CKNW etc. From investigators to police chiefs, data Analysts etc.

The general consensus with these E.I gangsters is that the majority are Canadian born, middle to upper class. This isn’t like in Toronto etc where you have Somalians or extremely poor, broken neighbourhoods of first generation immigrants living in the projects

The messaging in the anti-gang units seems so archaic and I feel like, at least being an outside observer, it’s not really about “being the man” anymore and all these vintage terms for gang life. People just don’t want to live some 9-5 grind and these people are too dumb to do much else but you’re also from a bit of privilege so living below the means you’re used to on your own merit isn’t good enough

My take at least
Old 05-10-2021, 11:41 AM   #3030
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
^^ I dunno but you must have pissed off a lot of people Cough gave out a lot of vis or owe a lot of money to get gunned down assuming they won't even get any money back if you die. They want to solve whatever problem you caused so badly.
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 12:02 PM   #3031

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
^^ I dunno but you must have pissed off a lot of people Cough gave out a lot of vis or owe a lot of money to get gunned down assuming they won't even get any money back if you die. They want to solve whatever problem you caused so badly.
it's less to do with money and more about respect and territory. If someone in your crew gets killed you have to kill one of theirs or you look weak.

Honda is right. These guys don't want to work hard but want to be able to drop $1000 at a bar. Any job they are actually qualified for is beneath them.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:06 PM   #3032
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
I think times are changed, gangsters of old wouldn't shoot you unless you really fuck up, but not this new gen, they're comfortable with it

When this thread started I made note of the broken window theory, and how if police don't solve these cases, and continue taking a laissez faire attitude, that we'll see more, and more instances, and they'll become more brazen, and over the years I'd say this is true.

So the new generation of kiddos grew up with shootings, and ppl getting away with it as the norm, so they don't see as big a deal with committing a shooting

The last few years, especially this year, the shooters, and victims are of this younger gen. With this airport shooting and police being completely unprepared (inefficient response) it'll just bolster these kids, so we'll just see these shootings more n more as we get older
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2021, 01:58 PM   #3033
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
The victim who was shot was supposedly wearing a hijab, I’m guessing he was trying to disguise himself and flee
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 03:22 PM   #3034

So was the airport one related to the Burnaby one on Saturday?
Old 05-10-2021, 06:59 PM   #3035
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
if you aint beast mode on duty, yousa chikken shit

twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2021, 10:28 PM   #3036
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
They used 320s clip on cbcnews tonight
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 04:42 AM   #3037
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,015 Times in 1,911 Posts
Can't the VPD just rent out a paint ball facility, invite both gangs to a game, let them use real guns/bullets, and just have enough body bags ready afterwards? Gang war solved ... permanently.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 09:11 AM   #3038

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Can't the VPD just rent out a drug facility, invite druggies to free drugs since they want to legalise it anyways, let them use real fentanyl, and just have enough body bags ready afterwards? Drug war solved ... permanently.
Old 05-11-2021, 10:46 AM   #3039
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
They used 320s clip on cbcnews tonight
lol yeah that shits been everywhere. At least 99.999999% of people don’t know it’s me. Not like there’s any evidence in the video (or I would have never posted it)
Old 05-11-2021, 10:54 AM   #3040

Damn didn’t see the link until now, that’s crazy
Old 05-11-2021, 08:03 PM   #3041
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Can't the VPD just rent out a paint ball facility, invite both gangs to a game, let them use real guns/bullets, and just have enough body bags ready afterwards? Gang war solved ... permanently.
Pops in my mind. Get them all together for a good ole fashioned lock-in. Crips and Bloods

Nobody's leaving until everyone becomes friends
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2021, 08:13 PM   #3042

Looks like there was another shooting tonight at market crossing, multiple police and ambulance
Old 05-13-2021, 08:18 PM   #3043

https://twitter.com/news1130/status/...015545859?s=21
Old 05-13-2021, 08:25 PM   #3044
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
There’s a video of forensics pulling a dead body out of a car.

I’d avoid Cactus, Earls, Joey’s and those type of restaurants for the time being.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:25 PM   #3045

Looks like 2 victims one in a BMW that was parked.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:30 PM   #3046

https://twitter.com/dailyshawn/statu...564181510?s=21
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2021, 08:53 PM   #3047
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,015 Times in 1,911 Posts
Damn ... this shit has got to stop. It's getting ridiculous ... or keep it in Surrey!
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:06 PM   #3048

Dash Cam Footage

This post FAILED by:
Old 05-13-2021, 09:32 PM   #3049
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
There’s a video of forensics pulling a dead body out of a car.

I’d avoid Cactus, Earls, Joey’s and those type of restaurants for the time being.
Those were paramedics I think since they were performing CPR.
snowball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:54 PM   #3050

Was there another one in white rock?