REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-09-2021, 04:41 PM   #3001
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,460 Times in 5,118 Posts
Just YouTube that! Geez man glad you’re okay... cops are gonna want to see that video for sure
Advertisement
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 05:18 PM   #3002
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Serious lapse in security if they're able to drive all the way back to surrey and getaway

Terrorists could have a field day
Makes one think why they even bother locking down the exit later on. Judging from the video, they would've had full view of them. Where's the overhead chopper.
bomberR17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 05:19 PM   #3003
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

It’s only a matter of time until an innocent bystander is killed during one of these brazen shootings as these people are sloppy amateurs.
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 05:27 PM   #3004
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,365 Times in 5,658 Posts
Well I don’t get how the answer doesn’t lie with the burned out vehicles

Obviously not all of these burned out vehicles are stolen. And burning only is hopefully destroying the DNA inside, obviously it will still be possible to identify the VIN to some degree

The Vin belongs to this person, ok so now we are seizing your assets as proceeds to crime until you either tell us who borrowed the vehicle, or identity who you were with using the vehicle etc.
Old 05-09-2021, 05:44 PM   #3005
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
So all the reports saying that they got the guy, was false. Guess the bridge shutdown came too late.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 05:45 PM   #3006
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Serious lapse in security if they're able to drive all the way back to surrey and getaway

Terrorists could have a field day
Shooting in an international airport - this should be treated as a terrorist attack.
Old 05-09-2021, 05:56 PM   #3007
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Agreed csis should be on this, it should be their jurisdiction
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 08:07 PM   #3008
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
pursuit vehicles probably backed off when they were taking fire?

yeah wheretf was air 1?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2021, 08:25 PM   #3009
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Literally next to me with my son in the car. Purple Honda Pilot? Leaning out the window firing at the cops behind. Have it on my dashcam but no easy way to post online.

Edit audio lags a little. If someone knows how to embed it, feel free.

https://imgur.com/Q5zhbfb
Glad you are safe. Hopefully your son is fine too.
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2021, 09:26 PM   #3010
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,533 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
Yeah this. You can see the cop car back off right after 320icar says "holy fuck they're shooting out of the car". I think the idea is that the pursuit has become too dangerous to public safety so they have to end pursuit. Ideally a helicopter should be watching from above.

Guess RCMP isn't as rich as York Regional Police LOL

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2021, 12:30 AM   #3011
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Damn, saw that clip posted on IG.
Didn't think the original clip was from someone on RS.

That's nuts.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2021, 02:54 AM   #3012

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
RCMP wouldn't risk their life for a 50 grand a year job.

hell they probably wouldn't even dare shoot from their front window like our American friends chasing them down.

the fucked up thing about the police at YVR is there is legit group of 5 walking around together at all times, so that tells me these chicken shits have no sort of Fire & Trauma training

Last edited by Mr.Money; 05-10-2021 at 03:06 AM.
Mr.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-10-2021, 07:27 AM   #3013
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post

yeah wheretf was air 1?
On the s2s making sure you're not going over 100.
G0rilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 07:54 AM   #3014
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
RCMP wouldn't risk their life for a 50 grand a year job.

hell they probably wouldn't even dare shoot from their front window like our American friends chasing them down.

the fucked up thing about the police at YVR is there is legit group of 5 walking around together at all times, so that tells me these chicken shits have no sort of Fire & Trauma training
So much wrong in this post I don't even know where to start.

RCMP Cst starts at $53,000 for 3 months of probation, then jumps to $86,000... not that it has anything to do with your response to a situation? Even a security guard at the mall wants to catch their bad guy. It's a pride thing.

If you want things to be like USA, well, good fucking luck lol

They are following procedure, you want them to continue chasing that guy at 150+ blowing reds and gunfire ringing out back and forth? It plows through a family or someone else at a light or people get shot by accident? $100 says that happens and you're making a post in this thread saying "Was it worth it to catch some stupid gang members?"
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2021, 08:01 AM   #3015
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Well I don’t get how the answer doesn’t lie with the burned out vehicles

Obviously not all of these burned out vehicles are stolen. And burning only is hopefully destroying the DNA inside, obviously it will still be possible to identify the VIN to some degree

The Vin belongs to this person, ok so now we are seizing your assets as proceeds to crime until you either tell us who borrowed the vehicle, or identity who you were with using the vehicle etc.
Why would you assume they are not all stolen vehicles? You know even knew cars can be stolen by sophisticated thieves. Particularly ones with keyless start.

If these vehicles were easily traceable back to the criminals I think we'd be seeing a lot more of them getting charged.
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 08:12 AM   #3016
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

big ass sticker on that Pilot. Someone has got to recognize the vehicle as a neighbors etc.
nismodrifter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 08:34 AM   #3017

Thanked 3,105 Times in 975 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismodrifter View Post
big ass sticker on that Pilot. Someone has got to recognize the vehicle as a neighbors etc.
Pretty sure that's a chrome trim piece which is part of the hatch.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:45 AM   #3018
Performance Moderator

Well somebody is missing a purple Pilot today, can't be that many of those around... likely stolen I would think, but even that act in itself gives clues.

As an aside, that would be an annoying vehicle to drive as a getaway, if they forget to turn off the safety features it constantly bumps the steering wheel if you try to drive over solid lines and has an extremely, uhm, "cautious" warning system for lane changes/driving too close/stopping late
Old 05-10-2021, 09:08 AM   #3019

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
RCMP Cst starts at $53,000 for 3 months of probation, then jumps to $86,000... not that it has anything to do with your response to a situation? Even a security guard at the mall wants to catch their bad guy. It's a pride thing.

If you want things to be like USA, well, good fucking luck lol

They are following procedure, you want them to continue chasing that guy at 150+ blowing reds and gunfire ringing out back and forth? It plows through a family or someone else at a light or people get shot by accident? $100 says that happens and you're making a post in this thread saying "Was it worth it to catch some stupid gang members?"

Yeah unlike the RCMP, USA police force alot are Ex-War veterans who feel comfortable in situations like these. international news picked up on this story ASAP and wondering how the fuck can an incident happen so close to an airport with the reaction to it be so Low???.

Carjacking's happen often around the world and this whole "Wipe Out an entire family" thing is pure fear mongering, You should be wearing the badge for a reason more so than FEAR.

it's a huge bad public image even more against the Canadian law system on criminal's now this happened.

I wonder how many police heard the decreased victims name on radio and they all decided then & there "this isn't worth it"

Last edited by Mr.Money; 05-10-2021 at 09:23 AM.
Mr.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:26 AM   #3020
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Yeah unlike the RCMP, USA police force alot are Ex-War veterans who feel comfortable in situations like these. international news picked up on this story ASAP and wondering how the fuck can an incident happen so close to an airport with the reaction to it be so Low???.

Carjacking's happen often around the world and this whole "Wipe Out an entire family" thing is pure fear mongering due to the lack of training, You should be wearing the badge for a reason more so than FEAR.

it's a huge bad public image even more against the Canadian law system on criminal's now this happened.

I wonder how many police heard the decreased victims name on radio and they all decided then & there "this wasn't worth it its someone elses war."
I completely disagree with your rationale on this.

It's a terrible idea to use ex-vets/soldiers to be police officers. The mission/goal of both are not congruent with one another.

As a soldier, you're fighting an enemy army/group (usually in their territory) and using lethal force to kill/capture/defeat.

As a police officer, you're at home and your job is protect and defend the law on a civilian populace.

When you get soldiers to become your police, it isn't too far off to that the civilians they're supposed to protect become the enemy.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2021, 09:55 AM   #3021

Thanked 3,738 Times in 956 Posts
It's not that simple imo, history has shown banning/restricting things only work on ppl that already follow the law or it just makes it a tad harder for acquire said thing that's banned.

- Weed was banned
- Prohibition was a thing
- Fireworks are banned
- Making bombs is hella illegal

Things are smuggled each and every day across borders, I don't think a ban is going to stop anyone from smuggling a few parts at a time. Might just create another lucrative business. Bans might work if you catch it super early, but there is no way in god's green earth you can recall the hundreds of thousands? millions of XYZ sitting in granddad's cabin in Alberta.

I guess one could argue it would slow it since the supply would be lower, but I have a feeling that problem only inconveniences the shooters just a little, not a deal-breaker. If they want to kill someone, they're going to find a gun. Not be bummed out cause it's harder to get now.

Look at it this way, if bans worked absolutely, where the hell is all this Fentanyl/X/Coke coming from? That shit is banned. I think bans work if you catch it early, or makes it hard enough to acquire where there is no business case for trying to acquire it anymore (No money in it, not worth the effort). When someone is wanting to murder someone at airport, I don't think there is much deterrence you can put up at that point. That's at the extreme of the extreme.

There are a few countries that have done it, but the culture and circumstances make it very difficult to compare apples to apples.

I don't know what the answer is but it's not that clear-cut or easy to do.

Last edited by trollface; 05-10-2021 at 10:13 AM.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 10:05 AM   #3022
Performance Moderator

Quote:

Carjacking's happen often around the world and this whole "Wipe Out an entire family" thing is pure fear mongering, You should be wearing the badge for a reason more so than FEAR.

I wonder how many police heard the decreased victims name on radio and they all decided then & there "this isn't worth it"
LOL you're so full of shit and watch way too many movies
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2021, 10:14 AM   #3023
I STILL don't get it

Quote:

Yeah it really isn't worth it when the officer in question is under investigation for criminal charges, misconduct under the police/RCMP act, civil suits and having to foot the bill for their lawyer just because they were doing their job.

BC has some of the strictest emergency vehicle operation policies in Canada.

If buddy in the stolen car would have crashed regardless of if it wiped out an entire family or just injured themselves, there would be a long investigation into whether or not the actions of the police caused the vehicle to crash.

Take a look at this article from a few days ago in Surrey, officers tried to pull over a vehicle which fails to stop. Officer pulls over and does not engage in a pursuit. Vehicle causes a massive accident blocks away before fleeing on foot, and the IIO along with Surrey RCMP are investigating the actions of the officer.

https://www.surreynowleader.com/news...ion-in-surrey/

Trust me I don't necessarily agree with all the rules, but there's some heavy consequences in the event you're the subject officer substantiated on not following protocol.
Oscar_Binswood is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2021, 10:18 AM   #3024
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollface View Post
It's not that simple imo, history has shown banning/restricting things only work on ppl that already follow the law or it just makes it a tad harder for acquire said thing that's banned.

- Weed was banned
- Prohibition was a thing
- Fireworks are banned
- Making bombs is hella illegal

Things are smuggled each and every day across borders, I don't think a ban is going to stop anyone from smuggling a few parts at a time. Might just create another lucrative business. Bans might work if you catch it super early, but there is no way in god's green earth you can recall the hundreds of thousands? millions of XYZ sitting in granddad's cabin in Alberta.

I guess one could argue it would slow it since the supply would be lower, but I have a feeling that problem only inconveniences the shooters just a little, not a deal-breaker. If they want to kill someone, they're going to find a gun. Not be bummed out cause it's harder to get now.

Look at it this way, if bans worked absolutely, where the hell is all this Fentanyl/X/Coke coming from? That shit is banned. I think bans work if you catch it early, or makes it hard enough to acquire where there is no business case for trying to acquire it anymore (No money in it, not worth the effort). When someone is wanting to murder someone at airport, I don't think there is much deterrence you can put up at that point. That's at the extreme of the extreme.

There are a few countries that have done it, but the culture and circumstances make it very difficult to compare apples to apples.

I don't know what the answer is but it's not that clear-cut or easy to do.
Bc goverment banned flavored vapes from being sold at most stores and banned vapes that have more than 2 mg of nic and it worked. What we used to sell in Juul in a day we don't sell in a month.

After the Oklahoma city bombing the US restricted sales of fertilizer and that has also worked.
Old 05-10-2021, 10:20 AM   #3025

Thanked 3,738 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Bc goverment banned flavored vapes from being sold at most stores and banned vapes that have more than 2 mg of nic and it worked. What we used to sell in Juul in a day we don't sell in a month.

After the Oklahoma city bombing the US restricted sales of fertilizer and that has also worked.
Yes, but that's a vape. If you read my post completely, there are things where if you make it hard to get, sometimes it's not worth it and ppl stop. You're dealing with someone that's willing to KILL, not get a vape hit.

The 2013 Boston Marathon guy just found an alternative (Pyrotechnic Filler and a pressure cooker... that sounds harder to get than ferts?) He may not have used ferts, but do you really think he could not have gotten any if he really wanted to? Surely ferts are easier to get than ingredients for Fenty and we sure have a shit load of that floating around for some reason.

I don't have a solution. But comparing a kid trying to get a vape to someone willing to kill at an airport, their levels of motivation and lengths they are willing to go to are very different.

I'm not trying to say let's not anything, but I'm curious what everyone's view is on this. You listed two instances where something was banned and it "worked".

So I ask this simple question. If bans worked absolutely like you stated, how come we have illegal drugs in this city with record OD deaths? Where are ppl getting all this banned stuff?

Anyways, my last post on this. Hope we can find an answer someday.

Last edited by trollface; 05-10-2021 at 10:56 AM.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote