REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:47 PM   #1076
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,164 Times in 201 Posts
well you never know right? if someone tries to rob you, are you guaranteed he's got nothing on him? robberies and being jumped ARE dangerous. they all fall into the same category: crime. they could start off with a threat and move onto something else like mace or something.. then if they really get pissed off, you never really know what could possibly happen next, he could pull out a knife, or a gun. the whole world IS dangerous, but different parts of the world have different rates of violence, etc. crimes are all over the world. unfortunately things happens depending on timing and coincedence unless you're targetted from a previous threat or something.. not trying to bash on your opinion, but how i envision "dangerous" is different than yours =P
Advertisement

89' Skyline GTS-T - Big Turbo Widebody
1990 FC RX7 - Tap Walls, Bang Limiters

1998 Integra - RIP
1992 Celica GT -
SOLD
1985 Trans Am Firebird - SOLD
DiiCii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:16 PM   #1077
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xclusive View Post
The only "gang hotspot" in Surrey that people should be "scared" of is mainly Whalley and to some extent Guildford. When you start getting into Fleetwood, Fraser Heights etc, it feels better than being in Vancouver. Well for me anyways lol.
Fraser Heights has lots of grow-ops
Fleetwood is Little India
Best area of Surrey is South Surrey.
no_clue is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2010, 06:42 AM   #1078
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
It certainly is mischief (in the legal sense).
Technically correct perhaps,but,face it,the cop was trying to downplay the criminal actions of the kid by not calling what it was (criminal/vandalism).Mischief has a more feel good ,Andy Griffith,PC feel to it.

Quote:
Also while your at it, pick up a grammar book [noun + noun + isn't = moron]
Its the Internet, only complete anal pricks worry about their grammar...... or correct other peoples .Just sayin'

Quote:
I suspect he didn't point out they were a gang, because they weren't. Again stop going by your dictionary definitions. I saw a group of elderly ladies jaywalking last week, should the Organized Crime Task Force be investigating them as well?
Okay so a bunch of drunk males ,armed with knives ,performing criminal acts at 3a.m. hmmm.....my bad.

Last edited by wnderinguy; 07-18-2010 at 08:48 AM.
wnderinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:20 AM   #1079
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiiCii View Post
lol well, i actually got jumped by 2 guys in newton. i was INNOCENT. i was with my friend and i just wanted to go grab some halls from safeway for my mom cause she was sick then we were walking home, i was walking slower cause i was texting on the phone and these 2 guys turn the corner and approached my friend asking for money and if he had a phone. and they grabbed my friend, threw him to the wall and pinned him there.. then i saw what was happenin and i came and jumped in and i shoved the guy away and towards the wall. he asks me if i had a phone.. LOL i was like "yeah i have a phone but i'm not giving it to you.." hahahahahaha. but anyways, yeah he threatened to mace me cause i won't give it, so i tried to get him into a choke then the other guy that was with him wrapped my jacket over my head and i couldn't see shit. then i fell to the ground and one guy was ontop of me tryna ground n pound.(luckily i am a "full contact" kinda guy in sports and i'm used to hard hits and etc.. i flipped over onto my belly so he couldn't beat on my face.) the other guy was kicking me. i then got a hold of the guy's leg who was punching me and he fell over and i got up and i tried to go for a ground n pound on him too LOL. then people started running towards us and the 2 guys got up n ran. i was CHOOOKED. i ripped off my jacket(it was ripped already from those bastards ) and i started to chase them but then they got away and traffic started to get in my way and after i got to the othr side of the street, they were gone >_____________>. all in all, i got my halls stolen, suffered a 2-3 day headache, bloody nose, and cut inner lip xD.. i also went to buy the same exact jacket the next day, it was my faaaave =( and the whole time, my "friend" watched me get rotated.. even though it was his fight.. i jumped in for him.. but anyways, yeah.. anywhere is dangerous, but not because you're doing something illegal or whatever =P it's just a matter of timing and who's there.. you know?
was this the safeway near the newton bus exchange?
Theres always junkies around there, especially in that little tree area in between safeway and the rec center
ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:39 AM   #1080
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by penner2k View Post
Any area is dangerous if you are

a) doing something illegal
b) doing something dumb
^ that.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #1081
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,164 Times in 201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthless View Post
was this the safeway near the newton bus exchange?
Theres always junkies around there, especially in that little tree area in between safeway and the rec center
lol yeah that's where i got jumped lol, walking to newton exchange and i got jumped right infront of macs

89' Skyline GTS-T - Big Turbo Widebody
1990 FC RX7 - Tap Walls, Bang Limiters

1998 Integra - RIP
1992 Celica GT -
SOLD
1985 Trans Am Firebird - SOLD
DiiCii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:42 PM   #1082
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnderinguy View Post
Technically correct perhaps,but,face it,the cop was trying to downplay the criminal actions of the kid by not calling what it was (criminal/vandalism).Mischief has a more feel good ,Andy Griffith,PC feel to it.

Its the Internet, only complete anal pricks worry about their grammar...... or correct other peoples .Just sayin'

Okay so a bunch of drunk males ,armed with knives ,performing criminal acts at 3a.m. hmmm.....my bad.
What do you mean "technically correct perhaps" you fool. The cop was not downplaying anything. Should the cop have said the shooter was suspected of 'Shooting the fu*kin sh!t out of the kids face, and spilling his brains out of his ear onto the dirty fu*kin sidewalk?'

No!...he said Murder, which is the exact term in the Canadian criminal code used to describe this type of crime. Just like Mischief is the exact term used to describe the kid's actions. Cops use legal terms, what a damn surprise.

As far as the grammar goes; it just further backs up my suspicions you have no business being in an adult conversation when you don't even understand 3rd grade singular vs. plural grammar.

Thank me for enlightening your simpleton ass and carry on now.
Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:54 PM   #1083
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
What do you mean "technically correct perhaps" you fool. The cop was not downplaying anything. Should the cop have said the shooter was suspected of 'Shooting the fu*kin sh!t out of the kids face, and spilling his brains out of his ear onto the dirty fu*kin sidewalk?'

No!...he said Murder, which is the exact term in the Canadian criminal code used to describe this type of crime. Just like Mischief is the exact term used to describe the kid's actions. Cops use legal terms, what a damn surprise.

As far as the grammar goes; it just further backs up my suspicions you have no business being in an adult conversation when you don't even understand 3rd grade singular vs. plural grammar.

Thank me for enlightening your simpleton ass and carry on now.

LOL

U shure is phunny.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:36 AM   #1084
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - Police have shut down part of the Mount Pleasant neighbourhood after an apparent early morning shooting. The area around 11th and Columbia is taped off - and it's an area well known to the Vancouver Police Department.

Police are focusing on a house at 204 West 11th - which could have connections to a full-patch member of the East End Hells Angels who was due in court for an arraignment today.

One witness told us she heard shots fired around 6 a.m. "Sounded like firecrackers and then it stopped, and then screaming. About a dozen."

One neighbour, who refused to go on tape or identify herself, says this was just a matter of time. The house in question is covered in security cameras. She says it was the gang-member that was shot.

Another neighbour describes hearing a woman running out of the house, screaming "my husband is dead."

Police have yet to confirm anything.
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:15 AM   #1085
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
^^^
Looks like it was a Hells Angel member
Quote:

VANCOUVER - A high-profile member of the Hells Angels is believed to be dead after being shot several times at his Vancouver home this morning.

Juel Ross Stanton was on bail on a series of charges after a fight at the American Hotel earlier this year.

Neighbours say they heard about 10 shots at about 6 a.m. in the quiet residential neighbourhood at W.11th Avenue and Columbia Street, near City Hall.

About 10 police cars and three ambulances are on scene, and authorities have taped off a two-block area around the home.

Neighbours say they saw Staton's body lying on the driveway of his huge renovated heritage house. At about 7 a.m., Stanton's wife was heard yelling at police, witnesses say.

"My f***ing husband's dead, and now you're going through the drawers of my house," neighbours heard. "Do you think someone's hiding in a pinhole?"

Vancouver Police are not confirming anything other than a major police incident. VPD Const. Jana McGuinness is expected to make a statement at 8:30 a.m.

Most neighbours did not want to be quoted by name. Several have complained to the Vancouver Sun over the last two years of harassment and intimidation by Stanton and his HA friends who would show up at all hours.

But another neighbour said Stanton could also be really nice and helped her son when his bike broke down in front of the house.

"It was only a matter of time before something like this happened," she said.

Stanton was due in Vancouver Provincial Court today on a series of weapons and assault counts in relation to alleged bar attacks that happened a few months ago.

Vancouver's gang squad has visited East End Hell's Angel president John Bryce to warn him Stanton was out of hand.

"We did tell him that Mr. Stanton's behaviour was unacceptable on a number of different levels and as far as I can tell, they chose not to do anything about it," Insp. Brad Desmarais said.

Stanton was ordered released on 21 strict bail conditions that prevented him from displaying any Hells Angel clothing, logo or even his biker tattoos publicly. Nor could he have Hells Angel images on his vehicles or properties.

"These unprecedented conditions have effectively stripped this gang member of his identity and the one thing he relied on most to frighten and intimidate people," Desmarais said.

Stanton has also been banned from being in the company of other Hells Angels or associates, except for his own son Dillon, according to the conditions set by Judge Jocelyn Palmer.

The charges against Stanton, 41, related to incidents at the Ivanhoe pub on Main Street in March and April 2010.

"Mr. Stanton, who owns a construction company called Juel Forming, was also acquitted in 2003 in another alleged beating, robbery and extortion.The judge ruled the man claiming to be the victim was "a manipulative liar."

More to come...
© Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/Vancouve...#ixzz0wPPT2wpq
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:06 AM   #1086
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
wow thats fucked up i use to live in mount pleasent
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:06 AM   #1087
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Lol. I bet his neighbors are all happy as fuck
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:08 AM   #1088
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I bet his own guys hit him. Today he's supposed to testify, its been proven that he is difficult to handle and he's a full patch member. Pretty much means he's a made man. I can't see this shooting being over small time drug deals like when we see 20 year olds get shot.

If mafia movies have taught us anything, its that you need permission to take out a made man.
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #1089

He was kicked out of HA
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 08-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #1090
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
He was kicked out of HA
Posted via RS Mobile
source?
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:53 PM   #1091

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
source?
Heard it on news1130 radio this morning. His name was also mentioned as being kicked out last wk on a thedirty.com thread lol. Funny how he just got whacked
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 08-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #1092
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

damn thats crazy
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:39 PM   #1093
Ye olde moderator

Thanked 1,278 Times in 390 Posts
I have met him. Interesting guy.

Sales and Installer at Certified Auto Sound
Maple Ridge, BC
orgasm_donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #1094
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Can someone please explain to me why south asian people can't get along?
I mean seriously, who brings a gun to a wedding? Especially when you are an invited guest and are probably on the guest list.

And have you seen the posts on The Dirty -Vancouver. Its all brown on brown hate.

Surrey RCMP are investigating a shooting incident outside the Guru Nanak Sikh Temple that saw one man pull out a handgun and shoot another man in the upper thigh as guests gathered for a wedding.

RCMP Insp. Steve Wade said the altercation occurred in the temple's parking lot and the victim was taken to an area hospital where he is reported to be in stable condition.

Wade said police do not have a suspect in custody yet but investigators believe they know who was involved based on witness reports and surveillance video taken from the temple.

Police said the suspect, like the victim, may have been a guest at the wedding

When the altercation occurred in the temple parking lot.

The suspect reportedly fled in a white car.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/life/sho...#ixzz0xwfVRS5o
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:24 PM   #1095
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,179 Times in 229 Posts
Way to fuck up a wedding
Jegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #1096
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

I was wondering what was happening at the temple yesterday... I was at the gym and could see them taping off the area..
Old 08-29-2010, 02:36 PM   #1097
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Radio India owner, Maninder Gill, shot some guy that he's having a despite with. I believe the victim is a land developer who has a lawsuit against Gill and supposedly Gill's gun jammed or the guy would have been dead.

Edit: Guess I heard right;
http://www.vancouverite.com/2010/08/...nto-gun-fight/
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:00 PM   #1098
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I was there when this happened. There was about 30 of us in the parking lot. He had what looked like a revolver, so I doubt it jammed. He let off 2 rounds then his wife or daughter started grabbing him, thats when he jumped in his car and took off.
EXV603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:42 AM   #1099
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

i heard he was in his rolls royce phantom. can anyone confirm that?
winks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:05 PM   #1100
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winks View Post
i heard he was in his rolls royce phantom. can anyone confirm that?
that loser doesn't have a phantom. the real baller is the guy that got shot. the shooter is just some schmuck that talks shit on a radio station.
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote