REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-11-2010, 03:35 PM   #1251
regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
sometimes ppl whack ppl for free sometimes they want some cash sometimes they want a lot of cash
I remember a couple years ago when the Province had that big article on all the Indo-Cdn gangs, most of the hits were done for 20-30k IIRC.
Advertisement
jigga250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:58 PM   #1252
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,559 Times in 1,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambomb View Post
How do you know? have you ever taken a contract out on someone? Have you ever collected after a hit?

No, you haven't. You're just talking out of your ass trying to sound like a tough guy, when in reality you don't know how much the price is for someone to die.

Some mob boss in Montreal just got taken out. Do you think some chump just did it for 3-4k?

I think you can GTFO buddy, do you even know what you're talking about?

Most hits aren't done by Career Hitmen. You would be surprised how many youngin's or addicts are willing to pop someone off for a few thousand, some drugs and a provided burner.

The most I've ever heard on someone's head was 10K.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #1253

Thanked 4,559 Times in 1,709 Posts
To add to that too, there are quite a few younger guys out there who are trying to make a rep or name in the game and taking a hit when a guy has a few thousand on his head is EXTREMELY common.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:06 PM   #1254

I told a guy to cause he thought a hit was worth 3-4k.

I didn't know mikemhg, the RS beat down crew hitman was going to be in here. Now he's boost the price to 10k.

Point is, the price can be anything. Until one of us actually puts a bullet in someone's head and collects off of it. None of us have any idea what the agreement is when someone kills someone. It could be revenge, it could be to move up the chain, it could be because a guy fucked some guys gf. It could be for $100-100,000 dollars. No one really knows.

Most i've heard for someone's head is also 10k. You know who that is from... the cops. They openly said that price, in a sting operation, on the news when they tried to arrest someone for conspiracy to commit murder. Your guy probably heard it from a guy who heard it from my guy, Kevin Newman.

But, since we're on the topic of hitman, some guy gave me a nasty slide check in soccer today. I've got 10k, can either of you direct to a hitman? This guy is a fucking dirty player.

No? I didn't think so.

Last edited by adambomb; 11-11-2010 at 09:28 PM.
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-11-2010, 10:38 PM   #1255
Need to Seek Professional Help

Wow Mr. e-thug. You think you are tough eh? I know this information because i do have some shady friends. You should shut your trap....
Old 11-11-2010, 10:51 PM   #1256
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
sigh kids....

this thread isn't for you to imagine yourselves as being gangsters or for you to think it's cool to be thugs etc...
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2010, 01:47 AM   #1257

Quote:
Shooting in Port Coquitlam
Victim in hospital
News1130 Staff Nov 11, 2010 19:00:01 PM
Be the first to Comment
6 Recommendation(s)

PORT COQUITLAM (NEWS1130) - A 46-year-old man has been shot in Port Coquitlam.

At about 4 o'clock this afternoon, officers responded to several 911 calls about shots fired at a home on Gately Avenue. They found a man suffering from gun shot wounds upon arrival. The victim has been transported to hospital, where he is recovering from his injuries. He is well known to police, but investigators can't say if the shooting was gang related.

Sergeant Peter Thiessen with E-Division says they don't have a suspect in custody. "We have every reason to believe through the course of the investigation that it was an absolutely targeted shooting on this individual."

He says the victim is not cooperating with the investigation.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Coquitlam RCMP or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
http://www.news1130.com/news/local/a...port-coquitlam
Old 11-12-2010, 06:36 AM   #1258
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:09 PM   #1259

another one

Quote:
http://www.news1130.com/news/local/a...ting-in-surrey

Suspected shooting in Surrey
No word on injuries
News1130 Staff Nov 16, 2010 12:39:09 PM
Be the first to Comment
0 Recommendation(s)

CLOVERDALE (NEWS1130) - Police in Surrey are on the scene of a possible shooting along the Surrey- Langley border.

Neighbours heard shots fired and investigators were sent to scene. Yellow police tape is up at 194th Street and 61st Avenue.

No word yet if anyone has been hit or if anyone is in custody. News1130 has a reporter on the way.

MORE TO COME
lol at the final words
Old 11-16-2010, 12:17 PM   #1260
My homepage has been set to RS

lol wtf that's the most vague news story ever
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:28 PM   #1261
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Anyone have news on the young teenage girl that was beaten to death at a park in delta?
Posted via RS Mobile
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:37 PM   #1262
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
Anyone have news on the young teenage girl that was beaten to death at a park in delta?
Posted via RS Mobile
Killer or killers have not been found yet.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:28 PM   #1263

so its not a shooting? or...

Quote:
Update: Police investigate assault in Surrey
No word on injuries
News1130 Staff Nov 16, 2010 13:39:30 PM
Be the first to Comment
0 Recommendation(s)

SURREY (NEWS1130) - A man has been rushed to hospital after being assaulted at a home in Surrey.

"We are conducting a further investigation to figure out what happened here. But what I can say is that an initial review does indicate that it was targetted," says Surrey RCMP Cst. Peter Neily, about an incident at 194 St. and 61 Ave Tuesday morning.

Neily says this wasn't a shooting although he doesn't know how the person was injured. No one is in custody right now.
http://www.news1130.com/news/local/a...ault-in-surrey
Old 11-16-2010, 03:43 PM   #1264
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
I'll kill you all for a bigger avatar
Old 11-17-2010, 08:08 PM   #1265

Quote:
Man shot in chest in Vancouver shooting; gunman remains on the loose

VANCOUVER - Police officials confirmed this morning that one person is in hospital after a shooting at about 2:00 a.m. in the 2100 block of Dundas Street, adding the attacker remains on the loose.

The suspect may still be armed, police added.

Police say the victim, 29, suffered a gunshot wound to his chest. Police say reports indicate that two people allegedly exchanged fire in the rear lane of the block, and some of the shots may have originated from a suite at 2155 Dundas Street.

Investigators were on-scene quickly after the 2 a.m. 911 calls, and officials said they found a man a short distance away in the 2100 block of Triumph Street, suffering from an apparent gunshot wound.

Police searched for several hours without finding any other participants in the shooting. The VPD Major Crime Section are working to develop more information.

Anyone with information should call police immediately, officials say.
© Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/shot+che...#ixzz15bjRO2pN
-_-

video http://www.vancouversun.com/news/vid...EMo1nYgKqZHipY
Old 11-22-2010, 06:47 PM   #1266
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
http://www.news1130.com/news/local/a...ew-westminster

NEW WESTMINSTER (NEWS1130) - Police in New Westminster have cordoned off 13th and Kamloops, while they investigate a possible shooting.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:38 PM   #1267

not a shooting but i cant find that thread about the body found between the power lines.... if there even was one on here

Quote:
Charred body in Surrey identified
Tara Lynn Westgarde was a mother of four

News1130 Staff Nov 24, 2010 09:48:45 AM

SURREY (NEWS1130) - RCMP say burned remains found in a Surrey ravine 11 days ago belonged to a mother of four.

Investigators are trying to find out what happened to Tara Lynn Westgarde between the day she disappeared and the day her body was found. Westgarde was last seen alive by a family member on November 11th.

Dale Carr with the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team wants to hear from anyone who saw Westgarde before her body was discovered two days later. He says Westgarde was not involved in the sex trade, but her criminal past could yield clues. "She was known for her involvement in the drug trade, property crimes, and fraud. It could be anything along that line."

Carr tells us, "We're treating it as a homicide. The idea of it being a suspicious death is long gone. We're looking for her killer."

He wants to bring a conclusion to this tragic story as soon as possible. "It's a tragic story all around. Certainly, the fact that she was murdered and then burned is tragic. But now she's got four young kids who have been left behind."

Anyone with information is asked to call I-HIT at 1-877-551-IHIT. If you wish to remain anonymous please call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.
http://www.news1130.com/news/local/a...rey-identified
Old 11-24-2010, 04:28 PM   #1268

Old 12-12-2010, 07:02 AM   #1269

there's been more shootings than this lately but look it happens so often now we dont really care -_-

Quote:
Shots ring out in early morning shooting
News1130 Staff Dec 12, 2010 05:02:36 AM

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - People who live in the area around Oak Street and West 23rd Avenue first heard shots just after 2 a.m. this morning. One man who lives in the neighbourhood tells News1130 he heard almost a dozen shots and then screaming. Others say they saw two cars speed down Oak Street after the shooting.

Vancouver Police have confirmed they've blocked off the area and expect to be there throughout the morning. Several people have been taken to hospital with gunshot wounds, although it's not clear how victims there are or how seriously they're injured.

Witnesses have been taken to police headquarters for questioning. More information is expected to be released later today.
http://www.news1130.com/news/local/a...rning-shooting

couple days ago

Quote:
Double shooting in Coquitlam targeted gangster
By KIM BOLAN, Vancouver Sun December 10, 2010

A gangster who recently returned to B.C. after two years in Iran was in a car targeted by gunmen in Coquitlam early Friday morning.

Sahand Askari, 26, was not injured in the shooting on Clarke Road about 4:20 a.m.

But his business associate Daniel Lovric, 28, was hit several times, as was Igor Uijar, also 28.

RCMP Sgt. Peter Thiessen said the three men in the vehicle drove to the Coquitlam RCMP detachment looking for help. The two injured men were then taken to a local hospital.

“The two men were hit multiple times,” RCMP Sgt. Peter Thiessen said. “They are lucky to be alive.”

Thiessen said investigators believe the shooting was targeted.

“The victims are very well-known to a variety of policing agencies throughout the Lower Mainland as a result of their ongoing criminal activity, and at this point the victims continue to be uncooperative with investigators. All indications ... are that this is a gang- and/or drug-related incident.”

He said Coquitlam RCMP Major Crime investigators were out canvassing the neighbourhood for witnesses throughout the day Friday.

Anyone with information is asked to call Cpl. Jim Devine or Sgt. Scott Baker at 604-945-1473.

Askari and his brother Siavash arrived at Vancouver International Airport on Oct. 26 after leaving Canada in early 2008. Siavash had several outstanding charges against him and was arrested by the Gang Task Force after leaving his plane.

He was charged with mischief after kicking the camera of a Vancouver Sun photographer at the airport. He remains in custody and is due back in court Dec. 20.

While Sahand Askari escaped injury Friday, he was wounded in a 2007 shootout in Richmond, after which police said he was suspected of being an active participant in the gunplay.

Lovric is listed online as the business partner of the Askari brothers in a company called Global Track and Trade, which claims to specialize “in international investments and trading economical resources worldwide.”

In January 2009, five gun charges against Lovric were stayed, including unauthorized possession of a firearm, occupying a vehicle in which there is a firearm, possession of a prohibited/restricted firearm with ammunition, defacing a firearm serial number and careless use of a firearm.

A Crown spokesman said at the time that it could not be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that a gun found in Lovric’s BMW on Jan. 26, 2008, was in his possession.

kbolan@vancouversun.com

read The Real Scoop at vancouversun.com/bolan
© Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Dou...#ixzz17uiG6RUt

story to the brother being arrested at the airport
http://www.iran-times.com/english/in...=115:dia-right
Old 12-12-2010, 11:51 AM   #1270

Gang war is totally heating up again.

IMO, the 2009 gang war never stopped. People just laid low because the cops were bringing the heat. The apparent cause of the last gang war was the Bacon Bros. Well, they're sitting in jail now and shots are still being fired.
Probably going to start seeing shootings more often now. I guess the cops didn't solve the problem, unlike last year when they were banging their chests like they did.

But StylingRed is 100% correct. No one cares about shootings anymore. Can we really consider this news anymore?
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:01 PM   #1271
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Reasons for this city's worsening drugs/gang-related incidents:

- our broken legal system that preaches the "hug a thug" theory of criminal punishment. A pat on the back saying "now now, just don't do it again ok?" and off they go into the streets again. We need more severe punishment for crimes committed, otherwise NO ONE will care about the consequences of their actions

- not enough money spent on the Police force. Instead, we have billions spent on the long gun registry which (evidently) has done nothing to prevent these gang-related shootings from happening. Our gun laws are targeting the WRONG PEOPLE! I would rather see money spent on beefing up our Police force and adding more man power to better enforce the laws.

- our hippie mayor and his la-la land politics. Why isn't more money spent on getting more resources for the VPD or the gang unit? Does he not care that this city is being ruined by these gangbangers? All he seems to care about is putting more bike lanes into the streets and spending money to make the city hippie-friendly. Horrible leadership!

This is the first time in my life that I would think twice about walking in the streets in the middle of the night, even just to goto the corner store to get a bag of chips or some coffee at McDonald's. I don't feel safe anymore...
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-12-2010, 12:04 PM   #1272
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambomb View Post

But StylingRed is 100% correct. No one cares about shootings anymore. Can we really consider this news anymore?
no one cares because it hasn't affected them yet. From the looks of things, though, gangs are starting to move into areas where everyday law-abiding citizens live, and more and more by-standers are being impacted. I don't think people would start caring until you see shootouts in more affluent neighborhoods, or until some social elite's family members are affected by these criminals - that's when our corporate-backed politicians will move their ass and do something about it.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #1273
Need to Seek Professional Help

Blah only way to get rid of these fuckers are bring back the death penalty. Plus ccw for safety measures.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:26 PM   #1274
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

As that guy from "Vancouver streets of plenty" says, to save homelessness you first need to stop the source - drugs. When drug market gets destroyed, gang related violence, petty crime and other shit should decrease significantly.

I'd say death penalty for REPEAT offenders. Those who sell drugs to school kids should be crucified before death.
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #1275

if you carry an unregistered/stolen handgun, instant 5 years in jail

i dont see why there should be any oposition to a law like that, and why it couldnt be implemented