REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:46 AM   #901
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ws6ta View Post
i heard from a guy who is pretty reliable when it comes to shootings etc lol that he knows the owner of a-canadian and what happened was they were drunk. one guy there decided to pull out a gun and start shooting it in the air for a laugh. he thought he emptied the clip but there was still one in the chamber. he pointed the gun at this mandeep thind guys face as a joke and pulled the trigger. shot him in the face and killed him on the spot. really messed up if thats the case...
That's what the Province is saying....so fucked up. RIP to the victim.

Quote:
The family of the man shot dead at a Surrey autobody shop late Monday is baffled why anyone would want him dead.

Family members described Mandeep “Mani” Thind, 24, as a happily-married family man and a hard worker who never took a day off.

He worked for a driving company and had no ties to criminal activity, his older sister Pritpal Deol said Tuesday.

Deol said she cannot imagine anyone who would want to hurt her brother.

“He’s a very nice guy, he never fights with anybody,” she said, her voice in a whisper. “He is very friendly.”

Thind was found dead late Monday by Surrey RCMP after they responded to a call at Canadian Auto Body Shop & Paint Ltd. at 134th Street and 76th Avenue.

He was reportedly shot in the face. No arrests had been made as of Tuesday night.

Deol said her family was still in shock as they waited for police to provide details about Thind’s death.

RCMP could not say if the shooting was linked to gang activity.

A family friend said he understood Thind had gone to the autobody shop to buy car insurance.

There was a party at the shop celebrating the birthday of the owner’s nephew, said the friend, who asked not to be identified.

“[A] few other boys join them there,” he said, speaking through an interpreter.

“One of the boys brought over a gun and started shooting to celebrate the occasion. Gun was emptied and a bullet in the chamber fired and killed the victim.”

The friend said Thind was from a good family and didn’t drink or do drugs when he lived in his rented basement suite several years ago.

He believes the shooting was accidental. Area business owners said a barbeque was held at the body shop Monday night.

Kankilal Patel said that when he left his business next door to the body shop, at around 9 p.m. Monday, he saw 10 or 12 people drinking and eating in the garage.

This type of gathering is not unusual, he said.

Each summer there are usually several low-key barbeques at the autobody shop.

Police are asking those who attended the Monday night barbeque to come forward.

Jeetu Patel, Kankilal’s son, said that in past years he sometimes saw drug dealers hanging around the shop.

“I did complain to RCMP and they did come and do some investigation, but never proceeded any further,” he said.

The Patels said they have never had any problems with the people who work at the shop.

“They are good people, to my understanding,” Jeetu said.

He said the shop is owned by a man named Bobby and run by a man named Pushkinder.

Deol said her brother did not frequent the body shop, and probably only went there Monday night for the barbeque.

She said he must have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The shop’s owner and his nephew returned to the business Tuesday to speak to investigators.

The owner’s Mercedes was seized by police for forensic testing.

Earlier media reports said a white Mercedes was seen fleeing the area shortly after the shooting.

On an online memorial, Thind’s friends pleaded for information last night. “R.I.P Mani. You were an amazing guy who always had a smile on your face,” wrote Robyn Folster. “. . . I can't believe this has happened to you. I saw you not to long ago and you were your happy self. Mani, you were a great friend and I will miss you so very much.”

Anyone with information is asked to call the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team at 1-877-551-IHIT or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

with files from Katie Mercer
© Copyright (c) The Province
Advertisement
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:25 AM   #902
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ws6ta View Post
i heard from a guy who is pretty reliable when it comes to shootings etc lol that he knows the owner of a-canadian and what happened was they were drunk. one guy there decided to pull out a gun and start shooting it in the air for a laugh. he thought he emptied the clip but there was still one in the chamber. he pointed the gun at this mandeep thind guys face as a joke and pulled the trigger. shot him in the face and killed him on the spot. really messed up if thats the case...
lol oh man that's too bad this guy was apparently a nice dude. would have been epic level hilarity if he blew away his gangsta buddy.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:20 AM   #903
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,647 Times in 2,303 Posts
wow..
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:11 AM   #904
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

mannn if that's the story, that is not the way to go...why did the guy need to shoot just to celebrate for a bday.. what a dumb move... can't he just buy firecrackers or whatever?
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:23 AM   #905
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
yeah that is fuckeddddd
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:46 AM   #906
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

wow thats some sad shit, loaded gun or not. I hate having shit pointed at me.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:57 PM   #907
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

i heard ther was another shooting on 80th and 124th in surrey yesterday

edit: it was a cop that did the shooting
MDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #908
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
What a fucking idiot.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:49 AM   #909
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
omg rip..

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:07 PM   #910

WHO POINTS A GUN AT A FRIENDS FACE AND PULLS THE TRIGGER!! LOADED OR NOT THATS JUST NOT COOL!!

and wat do u do in that situation? if it was sum little bitch ide smash him in the mouth take his gun and do wat buddy did on training day to that guy who told him to suck his dick.

If it was a big or connected guy, there isn't really too much u can do tho, ur kinda at his mercy.
billboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #911

no one posted this yet? or shootings are so common its no longer "breaking news"
this ones a little closer to my home

Quote:
VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - A woman is recovering after being shot several times in East Vancouver. It happened around 5:30 a.m. police responded to calls of shots fired outside a home at Wellington and East 29th Avenue.

The 49-year-old woman was found on the back patio. She's in stable condition in hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

One man News1130 spoke with lives with his two children two doors down from the shooting, he says he doesn't know the people in the house and says he's shocked it happened in his neighbourhood. "It's usually quiet around here so it's pretty sad. I hope she's okay."

He says he didn't hear anything and was surprised when he walked out his house and was faced with a number of reporters. Police say the shooting is not randon and the victim is not known to them but was living at the home. The suspect is still on the loose. A number of people who were in the house at the time of the shooting are being interviewed by police.

There was also a report of gunfire at Cambie and 33rd early Friday morning, but officers only recovered shell casings.
http://www.news1130.com/more.jsp?con...17_111110_9476
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:43 PM   #912
HELP ME PLS!!!

^ cousin said natives live there
alex.w *// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:28 AM   #913
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
Richmond *knock on wood*
richmond was hit a while back, some lady got shot to death by shell and bridgeport.
maoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:44 AM   #914
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Woah gun getting pointed at you isn't cool,loaded or not. I'd be scared if someone pointed a paintball gun at my face.
van_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #915

Yeah i hate having shit pointed at me, loaded or not
Old 07-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #916
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
The 49-year-old woman was found on the back patio. She's in stable condition in hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
wow after being shot "several" times 50cent doesnt have anything on her
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:54 PM   #917
Banned (ABWS)

Seems like the gang task force is really making a difference...
bengy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #918

Quote:
METRO VANCOUVER — Police want the public’s help in solving the targeted murder of a Lower Mainland man found in a burned-out car in Burnaby last week.

But the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team is not planning on telling the public who the victim is — at the request of the 25-year-old’s family.

Sgt. Peter Thiessen said the victim, who he identified as Caucasian, was known to police, but he would not say how.

“To some degree he is known to police at some level. That’s pretty vague, I know. But that’s as far as I can go,” he said Monday.

Asked how the public can help without the victim’s name being released, Thiessen said: “I guess they could call us if they feel they know who the victim is and through some discussions with us, we would know whether they were talking about the same person or not.”

He said the issue of withholding the name was left to the family.

“We are respecting their wishes. This is not our choice,” Thiessen said. “At this point, we are supporting them as best we can.”

The mystery victim was found in a charred vehicle outside an elementary school in the 5600 block of Clinton Avenue about 4 a.m. last Thursday.

The dead man was wearing a thin gold chain around his neck.

Thiessen said public assistance and dental records led to the man being identified by investigators.

Neighbours told reporters last week that they were awakened by an explosion just before 4 a.m. Some claimed to have heard gunshots.

kbolan@vancouversun.com
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Pol...634/story.html

oO since when does the police with hold that information because of a families request?
Old 07-20-2009, 10:33 PM   #919
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

well. the guy IS a victim
bartone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:08 AM   #920

We got another one!

http://news1130.com/more.jsp?content...723_080317_824

Quote:
NORTH VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - North Vancouver RCMP and the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team are on the scene of a fatal shooting on Jones Ave. and West 20th St.

Police confirm they found the victim suffering from apparent gunshot wounds around 2:30 Thursday morning. He was rushed to the hospital but pronounced dead on arrival.

So far no arrests have been made.

Lock it to News1130 for this developing story.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:52 AM   #921
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
Uh-oh! Not North Van!

Kev
Old 07-23-2009, 07:54 AM   #922

we gonna see shootings every other day again ? then daily?
Old 07-23-2009, 07:29 PM   #923
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengy View Post
Seems like the gang task force is really making a difference...
Their job is to look for Ed Hardy and C.A at clubs ...
TylerY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:33 AM   #924

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Bur...797/story.html

Quote:
The 25-year-old man found murdered in a burned-out car in Burnaby last week has been identified by police as John William Hanna.

The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT) made the unusual and controversial decision to not initially release the identity of the victim.

However, the Richmond News confirmed from sources the victim was John Hanna, son of Bill Hanna, who owns Hanna Collision in Richmond.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:18 AM   #925
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Karl View Post
I wonder if the murder in N Van is related to this murder.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote