REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #2201
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnoutBinLaden View Post
G wagen, Morgan Crossing...most certainly organized crime.

I will never understand. People come from privileged/affluent backgrounds and have a world of opportunity at their fingertips, but instead of staying on the straight and narrow, they turn to drugs. Then they end up six feet under before their 30th birthday.

Good motherfuckin' riddance.
Who wants to slave away and build a business or deal with office politics when you can drive fast cars and have women come and go when all you have to do is sell a few things and make cash?

YOLO, my friend, YOLO.
Advertisement
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #2202
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
Who wants to slave away and build a business or deal with office politics when you can drive fast cars and have women come and go when all you have to do is sell a few things and make cash?

YOLO, my friend, YOLO.
Can't argue with that.
BurnoutBinLaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #2203
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
How do you guys know they didn't try to settle it with with the fist first? They could of have numerous fight before escalating to using gun. Fist fight aint usually reported by the media.

And yes legalize marijuana please.
Posted via RS Mobile
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #2204
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnoutBinLaden View Post
The shootings are going to keep happening until the US pulls the stick out of its ass over cannabis prohibition. In fact, if all drugs were legalized, organized crime would be dealt a devastating blow.
Bull. Organized crime always finds new opportunities. If pot is legalized they'll concentrate more on cocaine and heroin. If those get legalized for addicts then they'll concentrate on ecstasy or other pills. Then there's the old stand-bys of loan sharking, extortion, prostitution or gambling. Organized crime will always find somewhere to make money.
Posted via RS Mobile
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #2205
I don't get it

Actually, I wouldn't mind a world where prostitution and gambling are fully legal. I never understood why governments decide what we can voluntarily do with our bodies. To attract the Helen Lovejoy vote?
Old 04-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #2206
I don't get it

Oh yeah, and this is super old, but a UN gangster who murdered an innocent man was sentenced to life in February:

Engagement ring killer gets life in prison - British Columbia - CBC News
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #2207
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Police shot a lady who was wielding a pair of scissors and supposedly tried to attack the police with them

Vancouver police shoot alleged knife-wielding woman - British Columbia - CBC News

on Lakewood few blocks away from Templeton

I know the article says Knife but on tv just now its changed to scissors and they showed a pair on the ground
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #2208
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
and why didn't they use a Taser or just shoot her in the shoulder or leg?
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #2209
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts

Last edited by vitaminG; 05-16-2013 at 05:33 PM.
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #2210
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
i believe they are trained shoot for the body as it yields the highest rate of success.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #2211
SardaukarMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
not every cop is equipped with a a taser.

if you shoot, you aim for center mass and shoot to kill. no half measures
The article does say she's in stable condition though.

They need to invent a non-lethal device that can be deployed from a distance that incapacitates via physical restraint rather than by pain as a suspect, hopped up on meds and crazy voices, won't always feel the effects of pepper spray/taser/beanbags/baton rounds/etc.

Edit: like a net gun! http://www.codaenterprises.com/products.html

2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #2212
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Surrey homicide: Police to release names of gangsters, ask businesses to shun their 'dirty money'
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:24 AM   #2213

think the police are asking for lawsuits by naming names as for asking for businesses to turn business away...like that'll happen

the police should get off their asses and solve some crimes and not continue with the attitude of "hey they're just targeting each other don't worry" "as soon as we get close in the investigation suspects are killed"

even now all they're doing is wagging their fingers and going "hey murderers you're going too far we're telling"
Old 04-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #2214
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts

Last edited by vitaminG; 05-16-2013 at 05:33 PM.
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #2215
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seakrait View Post
The article does say she's in stable condition though.

They need to invent a non-lethal device that can be deployed from a distance that incapacitates via physical restraint rather than by pain as a suspect, hopped up on meds and crazy voices, won't always feel the effects of pepper spray/taser/beanbags/baton rounds/etc.

Edit: like a net gun!
don't they have a bean bag gun and had criticism that it caused injuries, or am i thinking of rubber bullets.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #2216
SardaukarMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
don't they have a bean bag gun and had criticism that it caused injuries, or am i thinking of rubber bullets.
yeah, pretty sure beanbag rounds/rubber bullets/wood batons are/were part of the non-lethal arsenal... but all those are pain compliance tools which depend on the suspect being distracted by the pain of these rounds hitting them to drop the knife/stop charging with the knife/etc.

And since tasers are all up in the air as to whether they're safe for use, i'm not sure what else the police have to use against crazy knife-wielding suspects besides their 9mm/.40 cal sidearms from a standoff distance.
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #2217
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
According to @scanbc, a male was shot this evening at Haney Place Mall out in Maple Ridge. Air Ambulance landed in parking lot.

That area can be a bit sketchy, but there are so many people out and around there.
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #2218

the police department is right there too
Old 05-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #2219
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Long shot, but does anyone here live in the Fraserview area of Vancouver? There was a huge swarm of cops surrounding this one house (62/Gladstone) on Friday, and the house and adjacent street is still yellow-taped off with a cop guarding it 24/7. I asked the cop what happened and he said "I'd rather not say." No mention in the news though.
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #2220
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

da fuck srs? Never heard about it. I know a lot of ppl in that area and no word about a house with yellow tape. I drive by there every once in awhile. That neighborhood is usually pretty quite, wonder wat destroyed the peace all of a sudden.
Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:34 PM   #2221
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by achiam View Post
Long shot, but does anyone here live in the Fraserview area of Vancouver? There was a huge swarm of cops surrounding this one house (62/Gladstone) on Friday, and the house and adjacent street is still yellow-taped off with a cop guarding it 24/7. I asked the cop what happened and he said "I'd rather not say." No mention in the news though.
There was a drug lab down the street from me awhile ago. I used to come back from work/dates late in the evening and would walk up the alley to my house and be greeted by cops shining the light from their patrol car in my face. I guess they were trying to make sure nobody busted back in to try and salvage anything.

Anyways, the cleanup took about a week, and there was nothing in the news about it until they were done.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:00 PM   #2222
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,518 Times in 691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Police shot a lady who was wielding a pair of scissors and supposedly tried to attack the police with them

Vancouver police shoot alleged knife-wielding woman - British Columbia - CBC News

on Lakewood few blocks away from Templeton

I know the article says Knife but on tv just now its changed to scissors and they showed a pair on the ground
This woman is a friend of mine, I've talked to her since. She came out yelling with a knife and was apparently shot with both legs. She is a good hearted and intellignent young woman but I learned that she was possibly off her prescription drugs, and judging from her tendency to constantly need attention, I'm not surprised this happened in a way.

But I still don't get why cops can't use rubber bullets, mace, tasers etc ANYTHING but real bullets? She can't work now as she is recovering from bullet wounds.
1992 Nissan President Sovereign, Black
1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black
1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black
1986 Porsche 944, Black
SpartanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #2223
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanAir View Post
This woman is a friend of mine, I've talked to her since. She came out yelling with a knife and was apparently shot with both legs. She is a good hearted and intellignent young woman but I learned that she was possibly off her prescription drugs, and judging from her tendency to constantly need attention, I'm not surprised this happened in a way.

But I still don't get why cops can't use rubber bullets, mace, tasers etc ANYTHING but real bullets? She can't work now as she is recovering from bullet wounds.
Rubber bullets: not reliable in a real crisis standoff; hard to load both into a gun and choose.
Mace: only useful at close range and when you're at risk of a knife fight, close range can mean death.
Tasers: risk of heart attack when chest is compressed after tazing (which is to say, what they normally do after they immobilize you; flip you over, arms behind the back, knee to the shoulderblade).

Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:24 AM   #2224
Need to Seek Professional Help

Who cares if she can't work. She attacked police officers with a knife/scissors, i think that is the least of her worries.

It doesn't seem fair to ask the police to respond to a situation that puts them in a position to risk their own lives and expect them to use a less lethal option than what they are being attacked with.
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-14-2013, 06:46 AM   #2225
G
Banned (BBM)

Young woman wielding a pair of scissors (or a knife) versus police officers that have probably 50-100 lbs on her and are probably trained in disarming as well as other tactical fighting and they opt to shoot her in both her legs? Seems kind of fucked up to me IMO.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: