REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #7526
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Rashard Lewis is likely to join the Miami Heat for the veteran's minimum of $1.35 million.
Adding both Lewis and Ray Allen should give the Heat plenty of 3-point shooting power, and while Lewis was a disaster after signing a massive contract in Orlando, he should be a perfect fit in Miami.

It's a 2-year contract with the 2nd year being a player option...The rich get richer.
Advertisement

Last edited by bballguy; 07-10-2012 at 01:20 PM.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #7527

The Hawks have reportedly reached an agreement to sign free agent combo guard Lou Williams.
This looks like a perfect fit for the Hawks, as Lou-Will should slide into the hole at shooting guard left by the departure of Joe Johnson. And if Williams could average 15 points off the bench for the Sixers last season, he could push that number closer to 20 per game as a starter for the Hawks.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #7528
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

I was hoping Lou-will wud wind up in Chicago lol. Hopefully hinrich gets his groove back like his first stint with bulls
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #7529

The Warriors have traded Dorell Wright to the Sixers for a future draft pick.
He had a disappointing season last year, but does have an expiring $4 million deal that will make for a good trade chip, plus the fact he's a solid basketball player. It's not clear how he's going to fit in with Andre Iguodala already playing his position, but maybe the Sixers plan on using him at SG, where Nick Young is penciled in as the starter.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #7530

The Nets, Rockets and Lakers are all still heavily involved in talks with the Magic in hopes of working out a trade for Dwight Howard.
The Rockets would reportedly be willing to deal directly with the Magic in a trade for Howard, or help facilitate a Howard-to-Lakers trade, likely getting Andrew Bynum back from the Lakers. The Nets are now looking at a trade directly with the Magic for Howard, but it would be a very complicated deal to pull off.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #7531

I vote no more d12 rumours lol. it's the same shit news everytime... I hope LA just keep both Bynum/Gasol and Nash will make both those guys better. I do hope the Lakers grab Grant Hill though, I know he's old and all but he can still get it done and chip in coming off the bench
Old 07-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #7532

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
I vote no more d12 rumours lol. it's the same shit news everytime... I hope LA just keep both Bynum/Gasol and Nash will make both those guys better. I do hope the Lakers grab Grant Hill though, I know he's old and all but he can still get it done and chip in coming off the bench
This Howard shit is so fucking frustrating; how difficult can it be to get it done; at the end of the day, I think it's going to come back down to him landing in Brooklyn. I also think that it's possible that the Magic could be fucking around with other teams to get the Nets to give up a little more, but they don't seem to be budging.

As for Grant Hill, if he came to LA and I were a Lakers fan, I'd rather him starting than Artest; He's a great shooter and knows exactly when to cut to the hoop for Nash and he's an excellent finisher.

Nash signed with the Lakers at 12:01 AM ET on Wednesday.
He will wear No. 10, presumably as a nod to the great footballers that wear the number around the world.

By da way:

Last edited by bballguy; 07-10-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #7533
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
It's official: Ray Allen is taking his talents to South Beach.

Hmm, are the rumours true that Rondo and Ray do not like each other? Allen took less money in Miami instead of re-signing with Boston.

Ray Allen signs with the Miami Heat - CBSSports.comHe's gonna have his fair share of good looks at shooting three's in Miami.

Rumor: Ray Allen Left Boston Because Of Rajon Rondo - Business Insider

Old 07-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #7534

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Hmm, are the rumours true that Rondo and Ray do not like each other? Allen took less money in Miami instead of re-signing with Boston.

Rumor: Ray Allen Left Boston Because Of Rajon Rondo - Business Insider
Posted this 2 pages ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
The deterioration of Ray Allen's relationship with Rajon Rondo played a significant factor in his leaving for Miami. Doc Rivers had tried to mend Rondo-Allen issues after season, but one team source says, "They were too far gone." Allen was also angry w/ near-trade to Memphis at deadline. Too much acrimony to get past.

The Nets are afraid that if they don't trade or extend Brook Lopez on Wednesday, he'll sign an offer sheet with the Trail Blazers, Bobcats, or possibly even the Rockets...The Blazers and Bobcats are both reportedly ready to sign him to a four-year max offer sheet.
There is no shortage of suitors for Lopez and Billy King has to work quickly if he's going to get Dwight Howard today. Once Lopez signs an offer sheet, he can no longer be traded. It really feels like the Howard situation is coming to a head on Wednesday afternoon, and King is probably wearing out his cell phone right now. The bottom line is that the Nets either have to sign-and-trade Lopez to Orlando today, or sign and keep him.

Last edited by bballguy; 07-11-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #7535

The Knicks may be ready to match Toronto's three-year, $19 million offer to Landry Fields.
Luxury tax is not an issue simply because the Knicks don't care about it, but it does sound like they'll wait the entire three days before making the decision. And at this point, it sounds like there's a 50 percent chance the Knicks will match.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #7536
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
lol at all of bballguy's posts, buddy let me save you the copy/paste time:

NBA.com
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #7537
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Imagine the even bigger rain of 3 pointers from Miami's guards when other teams are double teaming LeBron, D-Wade, or Bosh.

Leaving Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, or Battier open for the three would be like asking an opposing team to pick its poison.

The Big Three will definitely open up even more three point shooting opportunities.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #7538
I subscribe to Revscene

Always like Ray Allen, and love him being with the Heat.

He is such a class act player and has a very good work ethic.

With him coming off the bench, i think is fair to say the roster just been upgraded.

Haslem, Battier, Allen, all three are winners imo.

FS: Jordan XX8, GMP Vi, AM1 Atmos Safari, bunch of Supreme stuff
http://www.revscene.net/forums/68857...2Arare%2A.html
daval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #7539

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
lol at all of bballguy's posts, buddy let me save you the copy/paste time:

NBA.com
I know a lot of my posts get can quite annoying for the average person, but most people who are actually interested in basketball very much appreciate it. If people here want me to stop, I have no problem, as I don't really get much out of it, but rather I give people something to talk about and keep them updated with what's going on. NBA.com does a pretty shitty job of that by the way....So if other people have a problem with me posting this shit, just fail this post....I won't be offended...

Until then, I'll continue:

Warriors acquired Jarrett Jack from Hornets in part of Dorell Wright-to-Philly trade.
The move is basically for cap space as it takes $5.4 million off New Orleans' cap. Greivis Vasquez now looks like the starting point guard for the Hornets, though it's possible he'll see competition for the job from rookie Austin Rivers.

The Mavericks have signed center Chris Kaman to a one-year deal.
They've needed a starting center for a couple years now and if Kaman can stay healthy, he should really help them. He is a generally a good source of points, boards and blocks. The Mavericks will also use their amnesty clause on center Brendan Haywood.

Brook Lopez has signed a four-year, $61 million deal with Nets.
It's official. Dwight Howard will not be going to Brooklyn any time soon, as Lopez can't be traded until Jan. 15. The Nets will boast a starting lineup of Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, Mirza Teletovic and Lopez, with MarShon Brooks as sixth man. And that looks like a pretty good team, despite not featuring Howard.

The Pacers have agreed to trade Darren Collison and Dahntay Jones to the Mavericks for Ian Mahinmi in a sign-and-trade deal.
Mahinmi gets $16 million over four years, the Mavericks get a starting point guard, and the Pacers clear up a logjam at the position, although it seems like quite a stupid move for them to just give Collison away. Collison should be a good fit in Dallas, while George Hill is now the starting PG in Indy, with Lance Stephenson set to get a much bigger role this season. The Pacers are now said to be trying to sign-and-trade for D.J. Augustin, which would send Hill back to a bench role.

The Nets could be on the verge of landing Antawn Jamison in a sign-and-trade deal with the Cavaliers.
Jamison could come off the bench if the Nets re-sign Kris Humphries, and start if they don't. However, the Lakers, Warriors and Bobcats are all still in the hunt to sign Jamison. In addition to Humphries, the Nets are said to be looking at Kenyon Martin and Craig Smith, as well.

The Blazers and Timberwolves are discussing a deal that would send Nicolas Batum to Minnesota for two future first-round draft picks and a veteran small forward acquired from a third team.
It's possible the third team's player is Kyle Korver from the Bulls, but that's just speculation on earlier rumours. The Blazers have been saying all week that they will match any offer Batum receives, but the addition of draft picks and a replacement player has apparently caught Portland's interest.

Magic GM Rob Hennigan said that he's in no rush to trade Dwight Howard, and may even keep him on the roster until training camp in October.
The Magic reportedly have concerns about the health of Andrew Bynum's knees, which is dissuading them from trading for him at least as much as the possibility that Bynum would leave next summer as a FA. The Orlando Sentinel even writes that "the Houston Rockets now might be the front-runners to acquire Howard ... even if Howard gives them no assurance that he will remain with the franchise beyond next season." The Magic will trade him eventually, but Hennigan is patiently waiting for an offer worthy of an MVP-caliber center. As I stated earlier, the Nets can resume trade talks involving Brook Lopez on Jan. 15.

Last edited by bballguy; 07-11-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:29 AM   #7540
I don't get it

http://watch.tsn.ca/clip719356#clip719356
0:28
Jay's reaction on TSN regarding Nash's date
cow20xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #7541
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #7542
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Kobe Bryant thinks the 2012 USA Men's Olympic Team would beat the 1992 Dream Team| Blitz Sports Network |

I love kobe and all but he's dead wrong. I really wonder how bad the 92 team would kill them
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #7543

Jordan to Bryant: 'No Comparison' to the Dream Team

Associated Press

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Michael Jordan said there is no way Kobe Bryant and this year's US Olympic basketball team could have beaten the 1992 Dream Team.

Jordan told The Associated Press on Thursday that he laughed — "I absolutely laughed" — when hearing Bryant's comments that the squad training in Las Vegas could take down Jordan and company.

Jordan said there's "no comparison" which team was better.

"For him to compare those two teams is not one of the smarter things he ever could have done," Jordan said at a celebrity golf tournament in Charlotte.

Jordan said the 1992 team, which included 11 future Hall of Famers and won its six Olympic games by an average of more than 43 points en route to capturing the gold medal, was a better overall team largely because of the experience it put on the floor.

"I heard Kobe say we were not athletic," said a smiling Jordan as he sat in a golf cart puffing on his cigar while waiting to tee off. "But we were smart. He said we were too old, but I was 29 and in the prime of my career. Pip (Scottie Pippen) was 26 or 27, (Charles) Barkley was 29, Patrick (Ewing) was 29 and Chris Mullin was 29. Almost everybody was still in their twenties."

Jordan's response came after Bryant said in Las Vegas that this year's team could pull out a win against the Dream Team if they faced each other in their primes. Bryant said this year's team has a bunch of racehorses, players who are incredibly athletic while the Dream Team consisted mainly of players at the tail end of their careers."

Bryant's comments received immediate and sharp rebuttal from some members of the Dream Team, including Barkley.

Jordan joined in on Thursday.

"Most of us were in the prime of our careers, at a point where athleticism doesn't really matter," said Jordan, the owner of the Charlotte Bobcats. "You have to know how to play the game."

Jordan shook his head when asked why he thinks Bryant made the comments.

"I imagine he's trying to say it to legitimize his own Dream Team," Jordan said. "But to me it's not even a question what team is better."

Jordan said Bryant was entitled to his opinion — even though he said it's just plain wrong.

"For him to make that comparison, it's one of those things where it creates conversation," Jordan said. "I guess we'll never know. I'd like to think that we had 11 Hall of Famers on that team and whenever they get 11 Hall of Famers you call and ask me who had the better Dream Team. Remember now, they learned from us. We didn't learn from them."
Old 07-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #7544

I love Kobe and probably the biggest kobe guy here.. but he shouldve just left the comparison crap alone
Old 07-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #7545

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
u gays watchin the USA vs Dominican game on right now?

still a half left, tune in if you ain't already

bummer about Blake tweaking his knee now they brought back Anthony Davis, i really wanna see Griffin slam on players from all over the world
Old 07-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #7546

I guess only Horford from the Dominican Rep. that's in the nba? or is there another one on this team ? lol
Old 07-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #7547

USA is puttin on a dunkfest ! like 20 to 2 run right now they goin off !

yea just Horford on Dominican team from the L, actually no I think whats his name the GAry Forbes as well is on the Dominican team, he's in the Nuggets if I remember correctly, a solid second year player

it's hilarious watchin players swat the ball off the rim per international rules, lol, reminds me of the little tikes backyard games ya used to have with your friends when you were kids, just swattin the shit off the hoop, haha looks fckin weird when they do it....
i cant believe David Stern is considering implementing this rule to the NBA
Old 07-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #7548
Banned (ABWS)

Want to see Davis play
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #7549

they just put DAvis in a few minutes ago, it's garbage time right now...

he's doing so so, i think he's overhyped for some reason I dont know why havent put much thought into it, but just not that impressed by him the way i have been with last years #1 pick Kyrie Irving who is just sick imo
Old 07-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #7550

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
yea just Horford on Dominican team from the L, actually no I think whats his name the GAry Forbes as well is on the Dominican team, he's in the Nuggets if I remember correctly, a solid second year player
Forbes was actually on the Raps, but was shipped to the Rockets in the Lowry trade.