REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #7501
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
^ Pat Riley is such a sneaky SOB lol ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
The deterioration of Ray Allen's relationship with Rajon Rondo played a significant factor in his leaving for Miami. Doc Rivers had tried to mend Rondo-Allen issues after season, but one team source says, "They were too far gone." Allen was also angry w/ near-trade to Memphis at deadline. Too much acrimony to get past.

Ray Allen considered Pat Riley's presentation the past two days in Miami as "incredible," source says. "They sold him in every way."

Advertisement
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #7502
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

WTF STEVE NASH...LA got to you already huh?

ZenZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #7503
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
The Rockets are open to a sign-and-trade with the Heat for free agent Marcus Camby.
The Heat have only the veteran minimum to work with right now, but could conceivably send back a combination of players, picks, and cash to Houston and offer Camby a salary that he'll deem acceptable. Shane Battier and Joel Anthony's names have been kicked around as possible assets to send back to Houston, but nothing substantive has come out on that front.
The most likely scenario is that Miami sends out Joel Anthony, a future first-round draft pick, and cash in exchange for Camby. Camby could get about $4-mill/year in this case.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:11 AM   #7504
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

if miller is healthy next season, dammn miller and allen behind the arc.

Miami just on a whole another level
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:11 AM   #7505

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuhoo View Post
if miller is healthy next season, dammn miller and allen behind the arc.

Miami just on a whole another level
and Battier, and Chalmers, and Cole, and James Jones, and possibly Rashard Lewis.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:34 AM   #7506
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

yeah but when I think about miller, allen and jones shooting the 3; its like automatic
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #7507
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Heat still doesn't have decent big size center
All about match up
Hope they get M. Cambie from Houston
Old 07-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #7508
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
they dont need a big sized centre, didnt you notice they barely used joel anthony? they dont need someone clogging the lane
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #7509
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
looks like the boys are havin some fun, and the only man in the room obviously arms crossed like a bawse !

no head and still a gangster Kobe, lol

shit serious biz when Kobe grows the full patch goatee

also get your Stevie Nash wallpapers here
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...ime-wallpaper/

Last edited by G-spec; 07-07-2012 at 09:10 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:40 AM   #7510

Ersan Ilyasova is close to agreeing on a five-year, $45 million contract with the Bucks.
Recent rumors suggested that Ilyasova was disenchanted with the Bucks and eager to move on with the Nets, or another higher-profile team. Instead, it sounds like Ersan will build on his outstanding 2011-12 campaign for Milwaukee, when he averaged 13.0 points (including a ridiculous 45.5 percent from downtown, second-best in the NBA), 8.8 rebounds, 1.2 assists, 0.7 steals, 0.7 blocks, and 1.3 turnovers in under 28 minutes per game.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #7511
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
would it kill this guy to throw in some of that dry humor he's known for after ridiculous plays ?
nope he has to put on a straight face and keep it gangster

Old 07-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #7512

Andrei Kirilenko has reportedly decided to play at least one more season for CSKA Moscow, reversing a previous statement by the president of the team.

The Nets are reportedly assembling a trade offer for Dwight Howard which includes Brook Lopez and "at least three first-round picks."
According to CBSSports.com, any such deal would likely include Kris Humphries going to a third team via sign-and-trade, and that third team would send one of their first-round picks to the Magic. Other teams still vying for Dwight include the Lakers, Hawks, Mavericks and Rockets -- there remains a chance that the Magic will even keep him past Dec. 15, when newly-signed players become eligible to be traded, in the hopes that offers will improve. As far as has been reported, Dwight is still insisting that he'll only sign an extension with the Nets.

Ryan Anderson is not expected to return with the Magic, and could be moved via sign-and-trade.
Anderson is a restricted FA but the Magic seem willing to let him leave, possibly but not certainly as part of a larger deal for Dwight Howard. Anderson met with the Kings recently and should have plenty of suitors after winning the Most Improved Player award last season.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #7513

The Magic are discussing a sign-and-trade that would send Ryan Anderson to the Hornets.
It's unclear what pieces the Hornets would send to Orlando -- it seems the Magic felt they couldn't match an impending offer sheet, so by working a sign-and-trade they'll at least get some assets in return. This could be a cap-clearing precursor to a Dwight Howard trade, but that's pure speculation at this point.

Edit: The Magic receive young Hornets center Gustavo Ayon in the deal...The Hornets agreement with Ryan Anderson is four years, approximately $36 million.

Last edited by bballguy; 07-08-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #7514
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Anyone have a nickname for Team USA?

1992 Barcelona Olympics: The Dream Team.

2008 Beijing Olympics: The Redeem Team

2012 London Olympics: ???

This team is even deeper than the 2008 team.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #7515

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports is reporting that the "tentacles" of a 14-player trade involving Dwight Howard are in place and that a deal involving three, or possibly four, teams could be in the works very soon.
While all the particulars are not yet known, the deal could go down as soon as today where Brook Lopez, additional players and multiple draft picks may be going to Orlando, Kris Humphries and a potential pick could be on their way to Cleveland and MarShon Brooks possibly entering the fray as a trade chip going to a fourth team to make the deal work financially. The deal would gut the Nets roster of players, but it would get them to their end goal of finally getting Howard in a Brooklyn uniform.
Nets willing, able - & likely, if it goes down - to take back J-Rich in 3-team Dwight deal with Magic & Cavs.

Last edited by bballguy; 07-09-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #7516

Details of a potential Dwight Howard trade continue to emerge -- in the latest version, the Nets would land Howard in a deal involving 10+ players and four teams.
Here is the complicated breakdown by Yahoo! Sports: "Howard, Jason Richardson and Earl Clark would be sent to Brooklyn, and the Magic would receive the Nets' Brook Lopez, Damion James, Sheldon Williams, Cleveland's Luke Walton and three future first-round picks ... Cleveland would receive Orlando's Quentin Richardson, Brooklyn's Sundiata Gaines, Kris Humphries (on a one-year guaranteed deal), a first-round pick and $3 million from the Nets. Brooklyn also would send Brooks to a fourth team to get them an additional first-round pick to send to the Magic."
Old 07-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #7517

The Pacers will match the Blazers' offer sheet for Roy Hibbert, worth approximately $59 million over four years.
The Pacers have seemingly been wavering in their resolve to pay so much for Hibbert, but given the NBA market it's not a bad deal for an All-Star caliber center. His numbers continue to improve, and last season he averaged 12.8 points on 49.7 percent FGs and 71.1 percent FTs, 8.8 rebounds, 1.7 assists and 2.0 blocks. It should be noted that he's missed just three games total over the past three seasons, and he's never averaged 30+ minutes per game.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #7518

The Knicks will ink free agent Marcus Camby to a three-year, $13.2 million deal, which will be executed as a sign-and-trade with the Rockets receiving Toney Douglas, Jerome Jordan, and Josh Harrellson.
Rockets will also receive the Knicks' second round picks in 2014 and 2015, and the Knicks will pay Douglas' salary in Houston. It's hard not to like this deal for both Camby and the Knicks, as he'll provide excellent depth in the frontcourt and also keep Amare Stoudemire a bit more fresh.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #7519

Looks like this thread is dead all of a sudden but I'll keep posting updates and analysis for those who might be lurking....

AAaaaanywhoooo......
The Dwight Howard trade saga, or the Dwightmare if you will, will sludge on into Tuesday as the multi-team deal continues to evolve.
The Nets and Magic have swapped medical records on Howard and Brook Lopez, and the only piece that has changed since the last update is that MarShon Brooks could be heading to the Bobcats and not the Clippers. The Bobcats' involvement would also take the Cavs out of the equation, too.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #7520
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

[QUOTE=pastarocket;7970380]Anyone have a nickname for Team USA?

2012 London Olympics: OKC Thunder

This team is even deeper than the 2008 team
Old 07-09-2012, 11:33 PM   #7521

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Anyone have a nickname for Team USA?

2012 London Olympics: ???

This team is even deeper than the 2008 team.
If Dwight Howard goes to Brooklyn, nine of the 12 members of the 2008 Olympic team will play in New York, LA, or Miami....9/12 of the members of the 2012 Olympic team currently play in New York, LA, or OKC:

NY:
Deron Williams
Carmelo Anthony
Tyson Chandler

LA:
Chris Paul
Blake Griffin
Kobe Bryant

OKC:
Kevin Durant
Russell Westbrook
James Harden

Last edited by bballguy; 07-10-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:25 AM   #7522

Antawn Jamison is considering signing with the Bobcats and Warriors, as well as a group of contenders including the Lakers, Heat and Nets.
Jamison seems torn between "chasing a championship" and helping to mentor a young team like the Bobcats, with the added bonus that his children live in Charlotte year-round. He expects to make a decision in "another week or so."
Old 07-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #7523
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

NBA to play first-ever preseason games in Canada | NBA.com

Man they should play a game here.
Mozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #7524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozo View Post
Um......I'm fairly confident that we had a Suns Vs. Raptors NBA pre-season game here in Vancouver back in 2010....and in 2009, we had a Suns Vs. Blazers game in Vancouver...
Old 07-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #7525

The Cavaliers are no longer active in helping to facilitate a Dwight Howard trade, and the Magic may be looking for five first-round picks in a Dwight Howard deal.
The question should be, were they the Cavs ever in? Even with Cleveland out of the mix though, it's possible the Magic could get three picks from the Nets and one from the Clippers, who would get MarShon Brooks from Brooklyn, and then get one more by taking on Kris Humphries from the Nets. With five first-round picks, the Magic would hope to be able to rebuild quickly after losing Howard. Additionally, the Magic are still said to be in contact with the Hawks, Rockets and Lakers in regards to Howard.