REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   The Official NBA thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/565101-official-nba-thread.html)

Mugen EvOlutioN 04-27-2010 07:38 AM

^
they been saying that for awhile now havent they? thought wade might go to toronto

FatalCloud 04-27-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 411ken (Post 6926462)
Ya... 27 ppg during the season and 24ppg during the playoffs.. he is definitely slowing down.......signed for 3 years 90 million..damn..

What about putting some of the blame on his teammates.. as much as I'm also a fan of Bynum, he's been playing like shit. Same goes for Artest.

Kobe is 31 years old.. that's like saying Michael Jordan's skills started going downhill once he got to 31yo

don't get me wrong, i love kobe haha, even my ex-gf thought i was gay because of my kobe obsession but i'm just saying this stuff because of the way the lakers are playing lately. if you base opinions on stats, like most lebron lovers do...then kobe has never really been the best player in the league, but it's his will to win, his ability to close out games (clutch), and i dare anyone to name a current player that can give you a 81 pt game, outscore the other team by himself thru 3 qtrs, 4 straight 50+pts gms, admit it, even if lebron tried, he can't do those things. i'm sorry. kobe is the one player when he gets hot, he's virtually unstoppable. but yeah pau is soft. bynum is soft. artest... my verdict's still up in the air concerning him...yeah the triangle offence is hard to learn but still...his main job is defence and even he's not doing that very well. and if it wasn't for lamar...the lakers bench is one of the weakest compared to the other playoff teams.

411ken 04-27-2010 08:57 AM

^ fair enough...but at the end of the day.. Kobe is still Kobe Bryant..He can put up the points and still play some D.. The reason they got Artest is obviously for his D but right now, he ain't doing that well or even score...

If I was Phil, since the OKC like the "Run and Gun" style, I would start Odom over Bynum

Gasol - Kristic
Odom - Green
Artest - Durant
Bryant - Sefolosha
Fisher - Westbrook

I doubt he'll do this as they are HOME tonight and they do well there but ya..we'll see.. can't wait :D

And did any of you see Mbenga's hair? doing it like Artest LOL

411ken 04-27-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN (Post 6927109)
^
thought wade might go to toronto

Wade + Bosh in TO? I doubt it will happen as they have Turkoglu and Bargnani signed long term for huge money haha

Mugen EvOlutioN 04-27-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 411ken (Post 6927188)
^ fair enough...but at the end of the day.. Kobe is still Kobe Bryant..He can put up the points and still play some D.. The reason they got Artest is obviously for his D but right now, he ain't doing that well or even score...

If I was Phil, since the OKC like the "Run and Gun" style, I would start Odom over Bynum

Gasol - Kristic
Odom - Green
Artest - Durant
Bryant - Sefolosha
Fisher - Westbrook

I doubt he'll do this as they are HOME tonight and they do well there but ya..we'll see.. can't wait :D

And did any of you see Mbenga's hair? doing it like Artest LOL

or he could do what i do in nba 2k10 lol

Bryant
artest
odom
gosol
bynum
LOLL!!!! go big or go home

screw fisher
kobe can be PG

Porschedog 04-27-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 411ken (Post 6927191)
Wade + Bosh in TO? I doubt it will happen as they have Turkoglu and Bargnani signed long term for huge money haha

Turkoglu blows LOL

Mugen EvOlutioN 04-27-2010 10:19 AM

he does suck

MR_BIGGS 04-27-2010 10:26 AM

They gotta put Kobe on Westbrook if they want to win this series.

Mugen EvOlutioN 04-27-2010 10:26 AM

tats why go with my line up instead lol

FatalCloud 04-27-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS (Post 6927303)
They gotta put Kobe on Westbrook if they want to win this series.

definitely. somebody needs to man the bench when they replace the starters and that's lamar odom. so i don't see the logic in him starting. just switch up kobe and fish. kobe on westbrook and fisher on sefolosa?? don't know how to spell his name, but anyways he sucks on offence so fish can guard him since he can't keep up with westbrook.

liu13 04-27-2010 12:29 PM

kobe guarding wesbrook = a old tired kobe

if OKC wins tonight ima jizz in pants so hard

FatalCloud 04-27-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liu13 (Post 6927466)
kobe guarding wesbrook = a old tired kobe

if OKC wins tonight ima jizz in pants so hard

well obviously they won't have kobe guarding westbrook the whole game, it'll be in stretches through the first three qtrs and then most of the fourth qtr probably would make the most sense.

wuuhoo 04-27-2010 01:39 PM

the reason why they used Bynum and Gasol is because of their size.
LA has an great advantage on the front line against OKC

In order for them to win this series, I think both big men have be more agressive. Its so pissing watching them be so passive :(

Like everyone else, Odom has to do his job. The bench is horrible and everyone has to sstep up, espeically Odom

MR_BIGGS 04-27-2010 01:43 PM

Kobe only needs to guard him in closing out quarters.

I hate Kobe and the Lakers but they should win this series and the west for that matter.
If they lose this series....wow.

411ken 04-27-2010 01:54 PM

The reason I like Bynum off the bench for this series is because the OKC starters like to RUN... just like Phoenix.

Now, when the Bench comes in, the game slows down quite a bit so Bynum can utilize his game more and score easy points....

Now, if they are playing a team like the Spurs then Bynum should be starting... I know for sure that the Lakers will come out on FIRE tonight!

Not really racist! 04-27-2010 07:36 PM

durant got raped by kobe's over and under haha

hotjoint 04-27-2010 08:37 PM

OKC is getting raped right now :)

411ken 04-27-2010 08:44 PM

^ Fuk Yea :) I like how they started the game.... They are playing like champions and pretty much making a statement that they should not be losing to OKC at all

This series is over in 6.

And as proof that West is much tougher than the East..? just look at the playoffs. 3 out of 4 East playoffs are done.. while the West still has all 4 series going on lol

liu13 04-27-2010 08:48 PM

West is deeper but the East has more contenders

n1smo 04-27-2010 08:53 PM

OKC! OKC!

Durantula and Westbrook will rip it next game when they play at home

411ken 04-27-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liu13 (Post 6928146)
West is deeper but the East has more contenders

I don't know about that...The East only has Celts/Cavs/Orlando.. I believe the any West teams are able to beat these 3. Except OKC of course

Ilagon 04-27-2010 09:56 PM

Though I like the Lakers, I've been rooting for OKC the whole time. KD is fuckin' sick and the atmosphere in Oklahoma is nuts!! All I want is a OKC or LAL/CLE final.

Mugen EvOlutioN 04-27-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotjoint (Post 6928123)
OKC is getting raped right now :)

raped very hard

Not really racist! 04-28-2010 06:51 AM

Celtics vs Cavaliers.. already.

And Lebron with a tweaked elbow, gonna be an interesting series

hotjoint 04-28-2010 07:00 AM

kobe shut down westbrook. Great overall game by the lakers. They came out and gave them a nice ass whooping. They should do the same for game 6. It was nice to see adam morrison playing :lol