REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   The Official NBA thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/565101-official-nba-thread.html)

hotjoint 05-12-2010 06:41 AM

:lol Celts killed the cavs. Orlando Vs La final again. This year Orlando has a very good chance to win but LA will pull through again :)

goo3 05-12-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porschedog (Post 6948097)
i want phoenix to win... but i dont see how they can beat the lakers

orlando most likely making it to the finals again

maybe kobe will pull a hammy

wuuhoo 05-13-2010 07:01 PM

wow what a game.

Am I the only one who thinks the celts got away with some foul calls? not saying the celts would have lost, but the game could have been very close.

nevertheless, boston deserves to win. Defense all the way !

FatalCloud 05-13-2010 07:01 PM

no respect for lebron's game. no sense of urgency and emotion. you're not at all close to kobe bryant. don't even think about jordan. pft. the king. the king of what. give credit to boston's defence though...damn they're tough.

G-spec 05-13-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatalCloud (Post 6950972)
no respect for lebron's game. no sense of urgency and emotion. you're not at all close to kobe bryant. don't even think about jordan. pft. the king. the king of what. give credit to boston's defence though...damn they're tough.

Kobe has a similar mentality if not the exact same as Lebron James, remember the finals loss Lakers had to the Celts by 40, this game reminded me of exactly that, very similar.

Neither of these guys are close to Michael Jordan when it comes to mental toughness. Jordan still thinks he can fckin play in the league, :haha: the guy is crazy tough

FatalCloud 05-13-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-spec (Post 6950975)
Kobe has a similar mentality if not the exact same as Lebron James, remember the finals loss Lakers had to the Celts by 40, this game reminded me of exactly that, very similar.

Neither of these guys are close to Michael Jordan when it comes to mental toughness. Jordan still thinks he can fckin play in the league, :haha: the guy is crazy tough

i thought of that game too but it's different because that game was over by halftime. the cavs were still within reach for most of this game, but lebron chose to, for whatever reason, not to be aggressive and try to insert his will. i think you're wrong also on saying kobe's not the same mentally tough as jordan...most guys would agree with me in saying he's the closest to jordan in terms of how he approaches the game and knowledge. jordan was obviously more talented physically though.

hotjoint 05-13-2010 09:17 PM

Looks like Lebron as a cav is done. I wish he could've not made it obvious that he didn't give a shit and actually try. He barely involved himself in any of the plays and damn 9 turn overs? I was hoping for 1 more so he could've gotten a quadruple double :lol. Best part of the game was when he was shooting his ft's and they were chanting NEW YORK KNICK! :haha: It's gonna be an interesting free agency period in 7 weeks.

liu13 05-14-2010 01:12 AM

i came so hard

Orl and Celtics will give me small orgasms too, i'm crossing my fingers for a LA BOS rematch, neither team is fully healthy, both have a good shot

hotjoint 05-14-2010 07:08 AM

Yeah orlando boston will be an awesome series

Mugen EvOlutioN 05-14-2010 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatalCloud (Post 6950972)

totally true

fuck lebron, king of fools thats wat
:mad:

Porschedog 05-14-2010 10:07 AM

haha cant wait for free agency this year

palepilsenpin0y 05-14-2010 10:46 AM

lebron = one of the best players out there, but has no heart or desire to win a basketball game when they need him the most

hotjoint 05-14-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palepilsenpin0y (Post 6951751)
lebron = one of the best players out there, but has no heart or desire to win a basketball game when they need him the most

uh huh. He totally threw the city of cleveland under the bus.

liu13 05-14-2010 02:22 PM

wow shitting on lebron for one game?

you guys remember Kobe in 2006? 2008 finals?

even MJ had some lackadaisical games in the playoffs before Pippen came

palepilsenpin0y 05-14-2010 08:08 PM

It's not just one game. But yeah I totally agree that even Kobe and Jordan did have trouble in certain points of their career. But they were able to push themselves and do clutch performances when all hope seemed to have been lost in the playoffs. At the most crucial points, Lebron still hasn't been able to step it up in almost every single post-season series.

Though leading the Cavs to their first ever NBA Finals appearance, Lebron and his team was swept 4-0.

Last year, he was eliminated by Orlando. Even left without giving any post-game handshakes.

This year, he failed to step-up once again.

But I guess one can argue that Jordan had a better supporting cast such as Scottie Pippen and co. Likewise, Kobe had great support from Shaq and co., as well as Gasol and co. later on.

The only difference is that both Kobe and Jordan were able to lead their teams to NBA championships by stepping it up a notch.

Almost every single playoff series Lebron ever took part of was nothing more than "pretty good".

With someone as GREAT as Lebron James, who is arguably in the same league as Kobe Bryant, D-Wade (who got his championship by being the leader Miami Heat needed) or even (dare I say, Michael Jordan? MJ is still number 1 by a mile in my book though, don't get me wrong) Jordan, I just expected a bit more.

Not really racist! 05-14-2010 08:34 PM

Never liked LeBron ever since his classless exit last year without post-game handshakes. He was wayy better last year in the playoffs and didn't brush off the losses like he did this season. I do remember his clutch three ball with like 1 second left in the 4th quarter though

G-spec 05-14-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatalCloud (Post 6951004)
i think you're wrong also on saying kobe's not the same mentally tough as jordan...most guys would agree with me in saying he's the closest to jordan in terms of how he approaches the game and knowledge. jordan was obviously more talented physically though.

there's a difference between approaching the game from a technical standpoint and being mentally tough all around, you're right when you say they approach the game in a similar manner, you can tell by watching their game interviews, they're eerily similar, but that's where the resemblance ends.

:D so gonna have to disagree and prove my point, I won't take long, just a sentence.... Kobe has been criticized in the past for "taking himself out of the offense during games" to punish his teammates, give them the cold shoulder treatment to teach them some kind of lesson. Now this ain't an opinion of mine, it's a well known fact, plenty of articles out there about it and not just from the media but even from Phil Jackson himself. I'm not sure he does it anymore but he was doing it a lot around the 2006 and 2007 season, when he was extremely frustrated with the direction the Lakers were heading in and wanted a trade.

While on the other hand Michael Jordan's idea of teaching his teammates a lesson is the total opposite of Kobe's.... Jordan would fuck his guys up, literally! he used to get into fist fights at practice with Pippen, Rodman, even little white boy Stevie Kerr ! that's how intense he was, you couldn't catch Jordan slippin today if you tried :haha:

So while Kobe is sitting on the bench pouting because he's shootin 5 for 27

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...fB8Nk/610x.jpg

Michael is dropping 38 points, 7 boards, 5 assists, 3 steals, and a block while running a fever so high he couldn't leave the court under his own power, Pippen had to help him off court (oh yea I saw that game live)

http://i.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo...dan.pippen.jpg

don't get me wrong, Kobe IS mentally tough, but just growing up watching MJ play, his toughness was on another world, just eclipses everyone else playing the game today. I'd say out of all the players I've seen that come close to that level of intensity and toughness would be Allen Iverson. As much of a baby he could be at times, nobody could ever question his heart and will.

shawn79 05-15-2010 05:22 AM

Iverson has the best cross overs

suns will give laker a tough time this series

G-spec 05-15-2010 07:27 AM

^ yup definitely!

it's a classic small ball fastbreak style vs a halfcourt set offense.
The Lakers will try to eat the Suns up alive with their size (Bynum, Gasol, Odom) but then again these same bigger slower guys are gonna have to sprint back on defense when the Suns hit full stride with their fast break. And nobody has been able to do that effectively and consistently against the Suns.

Definitely a good matchup to watch, to see which style will prevail.

411ken 05-15-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liu13 (Post 6951982)
wow shitting on lebron for one game?

you guys remember Kobe in 2006? 2008 finals?

even MJ had some lackadaisical games in the playoffs before Pippen came

one game? i believe the whole nba world is shitting on him for his desire to be aggressive on this series.. just ask Barkley haha he bashed him live on tv

411ken 05-15-2010 11:31 AM

And I'm pretty sure LBJ will leave the CAVS now... first he announces he will change his # during the season.. :S and now this playoff performance by him and the team..

I guess it's back to the bottom of the standings the cavaliers go.

liu13 05-15-2010 12:23 PM

seeing 99% of Cav fans become NY fans in a few months should be funny

wuuhoo 05-15-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn79 (Post 6952710)
Iverson has the best cross overs

suns will give laker a tough time this series

Iverson was a very tough competitor.

I remember watching him back in the playoffs of 2001. He works so hard. Its a shame though how he went down

411ken 05-15-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liu13 (Post 6952987)
seeing 99% of Cav fans become NY fans in a few months should be funny

Will you be one of them? hehe ;)

hotjoint 05-17-2010 09:16 AM

how come this is in sports and sports entertainment but the canucks thread is in off topic? I think we should move this as it would get more traffic